Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Small hints regarding the elves in game 2

DalakhDalakh Senior MemberFrancePosts: 1,937Registered Users
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
So before you go crazy this is just some code I found in the animation tables of the game. Still some things to be made out of it.

First the not so interesting part:

hu1_bretonnian_bc2b_hippogryph_wb_lance_sword_shield humanoid01 - apparently bret lord on hippogryph were supposed to have lances at some point
hu1_paladin_hr1_warhorse_lance_sword_shield - same
hu1_bretonnian_hr1_warhorse_2handed_sword - questing knights duh
hu1_empire_helblaster_crew - maybe they initially started making reload and pushing animations for arty
hu1_empire_helstorm_crew - same
hu1_empire_hr1_warhorse_sword_and_rifle - not used for outriders

hu1b_brettonian_hr1_warhorse_sword_and_chalice - Morgiana will have her chalice in hand humanoid01b - woman
hu1b_brettonian_sword_and_chalice humanoid01b - same on foot

hu1c_chaos_sorcerer_chariot_halberd - the initial plan of giving chariots to chaos characters humanoid01c - WoC
hu1c_chaos_wm_chariot_axe_and_shield humanoid01c - exalted on chariot

hu3_dwarf_2handed_axe_and_rifle - not used for dwarf engineer, initial plan for thunderers with great weapons ? humanoid03 - dwarf

Now to the interesting part about the elves:

hu1d_elf_2handed_axe - white lions baby humanoid01d - elf male
hu1d_elf_2handed_glaive - not used for wildwood rangers for some reason
hu1d_elf_2handed_sword - wildwood rangers
hu1d_elf_2handed_sword_crossbow - shades w/ great weapons B)
hu1d_elf_bi1_eagle_wb_spear_sword_shield - not glade lord/spellsinger
hu1d_elf_dr1_dragon_spear_wb_sword_shield - not glade lord
hu1d_elf_dr1_dragon_wb_sword_and_shield - not glade lord
hu1d_elf_dual_sword - corsairs
hu1d_elf_dual_sword_bow - shadow warriors (not waywatchers/deepwood scouts they have different animations because parthian shots and fire & move)
hu1d_elf_dual_sword_crossbow - shades
hu1d_elf_halberd - black guard phoenix guard
hu1d_elf_hr1_warhorse_lance_sword - silver helm no shield
hu1d_elf_hr1_warhorse_lance_sword_shield - silver helm w/ shield and dragon princes
hu1d_elf_hr1_warhorse_spear - ellyrian reavers melee, dark riders melee no shield?
hu1d_elf_hr1_warhorse_spear_shield - dark riders melee w/ shields
hu1d_elf_hr1_warhorse_spear_sword_shield - maybe same
hu1d_elf_hr1_warhorse_sword_crossbow - dark riders w/ repeater xbow, no spear or shield no hybrid melee/range dark riders :'(
hu1d_elf_spear - not eternal guard
hu1d_elf_spear_and_bow - lothern sea guard no shield
hu1d_elf_spear_and_shield_bow - lothern sea guard w/ shield
hu1d_elf_sword - arty crew
hu1d_elf_sword_and_handbow - corsairs w/ repeater handbows, hell yeah not sure we'd see those
hu1d_elf_sword_crossbow - repeater xbowmen
hu1d_elf_sword_crossbow_shield - repeater xbowmen w/ shields HELL yeah <3
"We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
Post edited by Dalakh on

Comments

• DalakhDalakh Senior Member FrancePosts: 1,937Registered Users
    Gaussia said:

Awsome.

Hope they add Dark Riders with spears. A light melee cavalry would have it's own niche in the DE elf roster.

hu1d_elf_hr1_warhorse_spear <- ellyrian reavers melee, dark riders melee no shield?
    hu1d_elf_hr1_warhorse_spear_shield <- dark riders melee w/ shields
    hu1d_elf_hr1_warhorse_spear_sword_shield <- maybe same

I wouldn't worry. ;)
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

• HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 3,863Registered Users
    I love you

The new forum makes my eyes bleed

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 3,595Registered Users
    Good find even as a look at the army books for High Elves and Dark Elves pretty much tell you what to expect.
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • EmarthEmarth Junior Member Posts: 401Registered Users
    edited February 2017
    Hope the swordmasters dont use the wildwood ranger animations, they are pretty lame and static.
    edited February 2017
    @HoneyBun, You're welcome ! :)

@RikRiorik, Oh I know pretty much all the options in those books but the interesting thing is to try and see which ones will make it and which ones won't. For instance after seeing this I expect corsairs with repeater handbows and two swords but not with double handbows. I didn't really expect lothern sea guard without shields or DE crossbowmen with them, looks like we'll get both variants. Same for shades with great weapons which weren't a given or dark riders with the full shield+spear+xbow equipment which don't seem to be a thing.

@Emarth, I'm right here with you. Those animation look so stiff, they really look like they have a broom stuck in an inconvenient cavity, especially when they run. I would have expected a bit more grace but maybe there is hope yet.

The hippogryph with lance animation seems very relevant now we have just seem hippogryph knights for Bretonnia.

• AxikusAxikus Junior Member Posts: 775Registered Users
    Is it possible to see those animations via modded units?
    edited February 2017
    I tested the glaive ones for WW rangers and they work. They don't hold the glaive quite properly and the number of animations is limited, 2 handed axe ones I'm not sure if they are the exact same as the glaive or if they didn't work. Tried the halberd ones too on eternal guards without shields and they work.

Most of the rest I couldn't get to work. I managed to make glade guard act as if they had spear and shield in melee but just because I gave them the melee_weapon of eternal guard w/ shields and that still works without the spear sword shield animation.

• AxikusAxikus Junior Member Posts: 775Registered Users
    Dalakh said:

I tested the glaive ones for WW rangers and they work. They don't hold the glaive quite properly and the number of animations is limited, 2 handed axe ones I'm not sure if they are the exact same as the glaive or if they didn't work.

I hope it means that some time in the future Wildwood Rangers are going to get their animations updated. The way they hold their glaives now is very silly.
  • OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Posts: 2,323Registered Users
    Axikus said:

Dalakh said:

I tested the glaive ones for WW rangers and they work. They don't hold the glaive quite properly and the number of animations is limited, 2 handed axe ones I'm not sure if they are the exact same as the glaive or if they didn't work.

I hope it means that some time in the future Wildwood Rangers are going to get their animations updated. The way they hold their glaives now is very silly.
    I dont even think changes to the animations themselves would be necessary. Just slightly reposition the glaive - if we could load 3D assets we could make that change in no time.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,225Registered Users
    btw... i wonder why it's called glaive... for me it definitely looks like a Bardiche more htan a "glaive"... i've the feeling that GW back then went "hmm a 2 handed axe... but 2 handed axe doenst sound Elfy enough... lets call it glaive"
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
    edited February 2017

Axikus said:

Dalakh said:

I dont even think changes to the animations themselves would be necessary. Just slightly reposition the glaive - if we could load 3D assets we could make that change in no time.
    Well they really don't have enough variety to look really good imo. Only one charge animation which makes them look very "synchronized dance" on the charge and something like three different melee attacks with one being predominant which is not enough. It's a real shame though because I honestly think the few animations I have seen for the glaive are better than the vanilla ones and like you said just a tiny change in the glaive position would likely do the trick.

• Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Posts: 1,806Registered Users
    Gaussia said:

Awsome.

Hope they add Dark Riders with spears. A light melee cavalry would have it's own niche in the DE elf roster.

Actually in Dark Elves faction horse cavalry (called Dark Riders) is a light cavalry. Cold one riders (called Cold One Knights) are heavy cavalry...