Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

nice that CA is coming whit a new start position for VC BUT...

blaatblaat Junior MemberPosts: 2,956Registered Users
... does it make any difference in starting position for you
for me it does not basicaly just drakenhof 1 city away

what do you think of it?

NOTE I am not complaining but just asking how you think it makes any difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)

Comments

• shinrosshinros Posts: 1,517Registered Users
    It's mainly for the people who wanted Vlad to lead his own faction or wanted him to be faction leader. That's it, it's more a flavor thing.
    Nagash: When Nagash reaches out to crush his enemies, it is with a million hands. When Nagash seeks out his prey, it is with a million eyes.....
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 1,968Registered Users
    technically is Lore accurate.

really hope Mousillon is added at some point.

That would be a really unique starting position.

And with Bretonnia and the Wood Elves on the map, would give a different Vampire playthrough.
  • KlausTheKatKlausTheKat Posts: 376Registered Users
    Yes. Huge difference.

Another playable faction, the ability to have a Vampire Civil war with powerful lords on either side, new building chain for the Von Carsteins...

What is not to love?

If Todbringer and Middenheim are added then will you complain that its basically the Empire campaign but one province north?

I am absolutely loving all these new additions. CA are either listening to our requests or have planned it this way all along and have been laughing their arses off at all our whinging.
    My System Specs:
    GPU: - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980ti
    CPU: - Intel i7 6700k
    RAM: - 16GB Corsair DDR3
    SSDD: - Kingston SV300S37A 120GB
    HDD: - Western Digital 2TB
    Display: - Wasabi Mango UHD430 4k 43" and/or BenQ W1110 1080p 3D Projector
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 2,956Registered Users

Yes. Huge difference.

Another playable faction, the ability to have a Vampire Civil war with powerful lords on either side, new building chain for the Von Carsteins...

What is not to love?

If Todbringer and Middenheim are added then will you complain that its basically the Empire campaign but one province north?

I am absolutely loving all these new additions. CA are either listening to our requests or have planned it this way all along and have been laughing their arses off at all our whinging.

as I said I lovee it and nice that it makes a diffrence for you for me it does not that is why I am asking this
    thanks for sharing you opinion BTW

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

• PetromirPetromir Senior Member Posts: 2,150Registered Users

I suspect is 6 of one half a dozen of the other. some may be responses to our requests, some may be stuff pre planned. Remember after launch and Beastmens sales success the said their plans had expanded, some of this may be a result of that.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 4,892Registered Users
    Still missing that every faction has been basically starting with one settlement.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Still missing that every faction has been basically starting with one settlement.

can you explain what you mean for I dont understand you

snip

• AxikusAxikus Junior Member Posts: 775Registered Users

really hope Mousillon is added at some point.

That would be a really unique starting position.

While Vlad and Izzy offer an easy start, Mousillon would be a truly hardcore one. Sounds great.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 4,892Registered Users
    blaat said:

almost every faction starts the exact same way with one settlement for the Empire just Altdorf in Reikland, Vlad and Isabella with Schwartzhafen, Mannfred, Heinrich Kemmler and Ghorst at Drakenhof Castle and etc
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• nyraannyraan Junior Member Posts: 164Registered Users
    for I am loving this decision because basically I always play with the Faction Leader as legendary lord. So having a second Faction for Vlad and isabella will guarantee I will play with Vlad in my next VC campaign ^^
    also I was having balance concerns before the new faction announcements.. since VC AI is already strong and with 5 LL he can steamroll easy.
    Lastlty having 2-3 LL per faction will increase the chances that I may recruit normal lords to lead my armies :)
    last lastly looking forward to Mannfred and Vlad faceoff ^^

blaat said:

almost every faction starts the exact same way with one settlement for the Empire just Altdorf in Reikland, Vlad and Isabella with Schwartzhafen, Mannfred, Heinrich Kemmler and Ghorst at Drakenhof Castle and etc
    I understand now thanks

snip

• thebiglezthebiglez Posts: 558Registered Users
    wait fof Kislev, they should start with quite a few provinces
  • AantJackAantJack Posts: 67Registered Users
    thebiglez said:

I think if kislev happens, it will be splitt
  • zammezamme Posts: 218Registered Users
    For me, this is a super big improvement for the above reasons.
    Also, this allows for really good co-op play with Vampire + Vampire, considering how Vampires does not play well in co-op with any other faction because of the corruption. Also it's pretty nice that they start next to each other, so that it's easy to defend your common borders.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,135Registered Users
    AantJack said:

thebiglez said:

I think if kislev happens, it will be splitt
    maybe march boyar Magdova and the other "border guards" as allied/vassal faction instead of starting area?
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • EizoEizo Posts: 1,006Registered Users
    edited February 2017
    yeah starting one city away doesn't make a difference to me anyway, in term of how a standard VC campaign goes which is unite sylvannia, conquer the empire, get ride of the dwarf, and mess with the chaos invasion while your at it

Vlad and Isabella also doesn't get a cinematic intro or anything too which is kind of a bummer too

But the bonus is that Vlad get his own diplomatic screen, VC don't have 5 unkillable legendary lord stack in the late game, and there a added difficulty of capturing both Templeholf and Drakenholf which are very strong walled settlement in the early game to take.

oh and VC co-op campaign I guess even though it probably better if one faction rule sylvannia instead of sharing the resources for your army.
    Post edited by Eizo on
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Posts: 695Registered Users
    edited February 2017
    I like it ALOT. The more unique factions, which means factions with flavor and LL's, the more interesting the campaign gets.
    Ungrim is no longer homesick.

I like it ALOT. The more unique factions, which means factions with flavor and LL's, the more interesting the campaign gets.

one town west of the orginal position unique?
    to each their own I guess

snip

• TheOrganKingTheOrganKing Junior Member Posts: 989Registered Users
    blaat said:

what do you think of it?

NOTE I am not complaining but just asking how you think it makes any difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a person who neither likes, nor plays VC. This doesn't really change my opinion of this from the initial announcement. But I can see what could be good about it. 2 people can co-op VC together. You could make an alliance with Mannfred and head west, leaving him to deal with the dwarfs, which makes a VC campaign different, or conversely now makes a standard VC campaign harder, what with a proper challenge amongst the other Vampire factions.

But as a non VC player, none of these really benefit me. The best thing is that the VC faction will no longer be running around with 5 LL, but they can still confederate so that doesn't stop them from getting all the LL anyway. At the very least though it is at least good to see CA getting the praise they deserve for the work that they have put in.
    "Chaos strong. Gors strong. Humans, Elves, Dwarf — weak. We win. We fight, we kill, one day we win. One day soon. You — if you lucky, we eat you, make you into part of us, make you better than you, stronger than any of you, stronger than all of you. Once this arm weak, like you. I eat many of your kind, now I strong."
    —Karzog, Beastigor Charioteer.

blaat said:

what do you think of it?

As a person who neither likes, nor plays VC. This doesn't really change my opinion of this from the initial announcement. But I can see what could be good about it. 2 people can co-op VC together. You could make an alliance with Mannfred and head west, leaving him to deal with the dwarfs, which makes a VC campaign different, or conversely now makes a standard VC campaign harder, what with a proper challenge amongst the other Vampire factions.

But as a non VC player, none of these really benefit me. The best thing is that the VC faction will no longer be running around with 5 LL, but they can still confederate so that doesn't stop them from getting all the LL anyway. At the very least though it is at least good to see CA getting the praise they deserve for the work that they have put in.
    agree whit your last sentece

snip

• FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Posts: 695Registered Users
    I think flavor is the key part here. Its more interesting to fight the Von Carsteins with Vlad and Isabella, than fighting Schwartzhafen with some random no name lord. Same goes for factions like Middenland with Boris Todbringer or Mousillon with the Red Duke. Sure it doesnt add terribly much but it enhances the atmosphere which imo should not be underestimated.
    Ungrim is no longer homesick.

I think flavor is the key part here. Its more interesting to fight the Von Carsteins with Vlad and Isabella, than fighting Schwartzhafen with some random no name lord. Same goes for factions like Middenland with Boris Todbringer or Mousillon with the Red Duke. Sure it doesnt add terribly much but it enhances the atmosphere which imo should not be underestimated.

you have a point here

snip

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,032Registered Users

Yes. Huge difference.

What is not to love?

This.

Having different factions is key!!!
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Posts: 1,554Registered Users

blaat said:

what do you think of it?

Cant only get things we like, i dislike beastmen yet i do want to see them fully fleshed out.

Back to topic.
    Finally VC get a different starting position, if they get mousillon too it would be superb.
    Only empire left to grant a new starting position :)

Granted i want 1 more for Dwarves as well. (karak drak or azul would be good)
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,189Registered Users
    blaat said:

one town west of the orginal position unique?
    to each their own I guess

Yeah about that: would the new faction even be unique in terms of everything else? Or are we talking a literal VC clone?

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,498Registered Users
    For me, it's not just about a different starting position but having acesss to playing a different faction, with different color schemes. It is extra interesting to me when those subfactions have added flavor, special heros (think clan angrund) or units. However, I do like having an all inclusive main faction where you can access at least the majority if not all units/heros/LL.
  • goremandgoremand Posts: 60Registered Users
    1. Vampire co-op will now be possible.
    2. Hopefully there'll be less LL spam from vampire counts AI (4+ LL in one faction is bloat)
    3. Somehow because Bella and Vlad have this special tag team mechanic it feels more right to have them be their own faction.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,947Registered Users

Yes. Huge difference.

What is not to love?

This.

Honestly he is right though, for solo play this changes little.

Awesome for co-op campaigns however. Also being able to confederate and get Vlad without needing to raise Altdorf is a big deal, means picking other LL's is viable now.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Posts: 339Registered Users
    This is of course not a revolution, but I see only positives in this change:
    - Co-op campaigns as VC is now much more practical. Also, Schwartzhafen is in Western Sylvania whereas Drakenhof is in Eastern Sylvania. In a co-op campaign, each VC player could easily get a whole province for themself.

- Lorewise, players can now decide if they want Vlad or Mannfred to be their faction leader. This helps a lot for the immersion ofr those interested in the lore.

- Against AI, there is now an increased chance that VC won't spam LLs. Indeed, it's not usually for Schwartzhafen to survive alongside the main VC faction. Also, if Drakenhof outright conquers Schwartzhafen instead of confederating, then they don't get the 2 additional LLs.

- tag team Vlad/Isabella plays a bit differently then regular VC. You'll probably be using heroes more and it's also likely that 2 smaller armies lead by each of them is better than a big army with a single LL.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 19,037Registered Users

Yes. Huge difference.

What is not to love?

This.

Honestly he is right though, for solo play this changes little.

Awesome for co-op campaigns however. Also being able to confederate and get Vlad without needing to raise Altdorf is a big deal, means picking other LL's is viable now.
    Reducing the number of normally available LLs for VC and putting a pretty strong rival right at their doorstep is not "changing little" in my book.