Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

activation code error

JD_015JD_015 Junior MemberPosts: 4Registered Users
well, i bought Empire Total War off of Ebay (which was a mistake) and when i was in the process of installing it and had to put in the activation code for Steam, it said "this code has already been used."

Is there anyway i can get a new code without having to purchase the game again? Please reply ASAP!! thanks :D

JD
Post edited by JD_015 on

Comments

• irishronirishron Senior Member Posts: 1,408Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Ebay? You just wasted your money because it's registered to the original owner and no way of moving codes to your account.

If you bought it at Wal-Mart or BestBuy or another retailer that sells "only new", you may have had a chance.
  • JD_015JD_015 Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    irishron wrote: »
    Ebay? You just wasted your money because it's registered to the original owner and no way of moving codes to your account.

If you bought it at Wal-Mart or BestBuy or another retailer that sells "only new", you may have had a chance.

yeah i know thats why i was trying to see if i could get a new registry code to activate it. surely there is a way i can get a new one so i don't have to buy it again...
  • irishronirishron Senior Member Posts: 1,408Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    If you still have the receipt from the seller, you try Sega. They issue the keys but I would not get my hopes up.