Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

VARG DECLARES WAR ON CHAOS?? HERESY?!

#868984#868984 Registered Users Posts: 387
so its turn 152 on my Beastman grand campaign, and Chaos invaded some 10-12 turns ago.. i soon managed to suck up to them enough for me to gain the favor of the everchosen when suddenly "VARG HAS ATTACKED CHAOS DO YOU WISH TO ENTER WAR ON SIDE OF ALLY OR BREAK ALLIANCE?"

and i'm sitting there absolutely stunned, like "WTF VARG?! WHATS YOUR PROBLEM GUY?!"

are they jealous?? why the hell are they making war on Chaos?! we're natural allies god damnit!
this is a legit question.. this is the first time i've seen Varg even remotely hint at being hostile towards anything chaos-affiliated.

Comments

• TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    edited February 2017
    Ever played a WoC campaign? They start at war with both Skaeling and Varg, guess that must blow your mind.

It's also in-character for Chaos to not be at peace with itself.
  • alex33#8263alex33#8263 Registered Users Posts: 1,280
    Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, only that it flows.

Chaos has no natural allies. Thats their big weakness. Backstabing and well you guessed it chaos is their thing nothing is permanent.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    But the Norscans usually fallin line once an Everchosen shows up. The relationship between the norscans and Chaos is done poorly as well as the whole Chaoe campaign. While we wait for a proper replacement system, it's best you just wipe out the Norscans. Leave no dissenters alive.
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001

But the Norscans usually fallin line once an Everchosen shows up. The relationship between the norscans and Chaos is done poorly as well as the whole Chaoe campaign. While we wait for a proper replacement system, it's best you just wipe out the Norscans. Leave no dissenters alive.

Fighting the Norscans is the most inefficient way to do the WoC campaign. you can placate them by destroying Kraka Drak and Kislev and you also kinda' need them to take pressure off yourself, otherwise any other faction swamps you.
  • #868984#868984 Registered Users Posts: 387
    edited February 2017
    well thanks for all the replies :)
    i guess it makes sense for chaos to be at war with itself, lol.. but still, why doesn't this happen when i play Empire or some other "good" faction then?...

it seems like this just happens because they're A] jealous the everchosen favors some goatmen over them, or B] because that's just how the boat floats when you play something chaos affiliated, so as to not have too many allies, making the game too easy.
  • daelin4#9896daelin4#9896 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,521
    What blows my mind is that Varg would ever do that in the game, unless you're WoC, I believe they automatically become vassals to Chaos when they spawn, and the first wave, not Archaeon's.

Got a screenshot?

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • #868984#868984 Registered Users Posts: 387
    edited February 2017
    daelin4 said:

What blows my mind is that Varg would ever do that in the game, unless you're WoC, I believe they automatically become vassals to Chaos when they spawn, and the first wave, not Archaeon's.

Got a screenshot?

what does WoC stand for?

Nah sorry i didn't get to make a screenshot, but i assure you it happened... i have since then (i am at turn 187 now) managed to tamed the Varg, so they aren't attacking the Chaos guys anymore, oh wait, is that what WoC stands for?? Warriors Of Chaos?? well no, i am Beastmen, and funnily enough, they never declared war on ME, just the Warriors Of Chaos, and therefore indirectly me as well :P