Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Severe multiplayer issues, help needed.

Quickpocket57Quickpocket57 Posts: 2Registered Users
Hello,

Last night I was playing Napoleon: Total War multiplayer campaign with a friend on a mac. We finish for the night and save the game, and as soon as I quit the game I close my computer and go to sleep. This morning, when I launch the game, we decide to warm up with a quick battle. I host the game, but he says the message "Host not responding" appears. We switch roles and he hosts but nothing works. We then try to join a third person's game, and he can join but I still cannot (the same error message kept appearing.) After a while, I decide to just leave the mac and go play more Napoleon, but on my PC. When I launch my PC, all the games are red and have "Different versions." I have a mod but it doesn't activate unless I run it, and I could do multiplayer on it previously as well. Since I am now unable to play anywhere, I am close to quitting altogether if nobody can help me.

Thank you!

Comments

• Quickpocket57Quickpocket57 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Update: I also, as of a few minutes ago, no longer have sound in game. Kek.
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    I'd just do the safe thing by wiping every trace of the game off your computers and reinstalling fresh.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.