Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bretonnia – Campaign Let’s Play

CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 681
edited March 2017 in General Discussion
Join Darren for a play through of King Louen’s campaign and a quick look at one of the quests in the Bretonnia Free-LC. We can’t promise any awful French accents but we can promise some good analysis.

You can find more info on Bretonnia on the Steam page here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/534330/

And as Total War Access players you can start your Bretonnian playthrough on the 27th
Post edited by CA_Whelan on

Comments

• SantobubuSantobubu Member Registered Users Posts: 423
    edited February 2017
    The joke about awful French accent is out of tone, please remove this.

I am however thanking you for the video, much appreciated.
  • Busa1227Busa1227 Registered Users Posts: 3,118
    edited February 2017
    Turn 47 and he only has few settlements while he has good relationship with other Bretonnia subfactions and help them against foreign invasions. I really would love ta similar gameplay for the Empire but a little more turbulent. Maybe one or two civil wars sometimes.

• KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,430
    edited February 2017
    Santobubu said:

i think its a joke about ca having bad foreign accents in previous game i think not a jab at french accent atleast i think

edit: or james was about to say that !! damn you @CA_Whelan

• CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 681
    Santobubu said:

It's a jab at James, not the people of France :smile:
    edited February 2017
    @KhorneFlakes

Oh, I see you point, but the way it is written is kind of misleading. It would nice if it was clearer. Just because it is Bretonnia, you don't have to put on a Monty Python french accent to make it even more stereotypical...
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,772
    edited February 2017
  • Uh_OhUh_Oh Registered Users Posts: 397
    Can't wait, bring on Monday!
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,430
    Santobubu said:

@KhorneFlakes

Oh, I see you point, but the way it is written is kind of misleading. It would nice if it was clearer. Just because it is Bretonnia, you don't have to put on a Monty Python french accent to make it even more stereotypical...

yeah its all cool mate ,context is more important than text sometimes in language i think haha

• SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,109
    Pretty cool.... but when is the Vlad + Isabelle release date? 28th like Brettonia? or...
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,714
    God, love Bretonnia, love the traits, waaaaant. :love:

Big fat no to chaos is the rightous path, approved.

Random chance that grows depending on success of your battle giving the blessing is cool.

SUMMON THE GREEN KNIGHT! :grin:

For Chivalry!
    Don't worry.
  • MalcolmMalcolm Registered Users Posts: 230
    Setrus you look very happy! I am not surprised, finally Bretonnia got an update and respect they deserve as their own faction. The different play style and the Blessing events are brilliant. But not being able to stack, come on Lady of the Lake, war doesn't pay for itself, we need cash to launch more glorious wars in your name. I am going to struggle with this change of getting discourage from stacking settlements. Loot or Green Knight? Tough choice.
    Team Empire - For Sigmar!
    Team Bretonnia - For the Lady!
    Green Knight all the way. For ze lady!
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,266
    Santobubu said:

@KhorneFlakes

How is this offending you?
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 2,797
    Darren smashed this vid. Everything lined up so perfectly. Whoever planned it out for the showcase did a fantastic job... Bretonnia keeps looking more and more fleshed out. I REALLY hope the old factions get more love. Every aspect of Bretonnia is more in-depth than the other races - which I love - but will make playing the old races even more stale than it already is after Bretonnia :( haha
    @Snappera , well you're not French and living in Britain ;) ! The accumulation of jokes and banter that I get on a daily basis is sometime tiring. Funnily enough it is acceptable, whereas the same towards people from Pakistan would be considered discrimination.
    Mind you, I feel sorry just the same for English people living in France, as the same would apply.
    And boy... When the 6 nations kicks in...

@CA_Whelan, sorry I misunderstood and probably overreacted as well in the process. No harms done.

@Stephince, you had to didn't you? :D ! Always makes me laugh though. John Cleese's French is actually sterling for real.

Moving on, errantry wars, different start position and the Green Knight mechanics... More of this please!
  • SteelRoninSteelRonin Junior Member ChileRegistered Users Posts: 1,185
    Now I understand what happened with WFB and W AoS., it is sad.

CA, you guys revived a tabletop game killed in 2015....and now you revived a faction unsupported for 13 years...

I can only say: Thanks!!. This game is more special for me now...
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Registered Users Posts: 749
    Im convinced that, in terms of campaing mechanics, Bretonnia will be one of the most unique, interesting and lore friendly so far. My congratulations to CA.
    I'm hyped. 4 days.

Time to play some WElves until then I think.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,286
    The funny french accent from Medieval II: Total War is back, I like it. :)
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,433
    Santobubu said:

@Snappera , well you're not French and living in Britain ;) ! The accumulation of jokes and banter that I get on a daily basis is sometime tiring. Funnily enough it is acceptable, whereas the same towards people from Pakistan would be considered discrimination.

I imagine mocking an Algerian in France would be similarly frowned upon in a way mocking the English wouldn't be. There's a lot of unpleasant past history regarding "jokes and banter" that were nothing of the kind regarding the Pakistani community when it first arrived in the UK that makes it a no-go area now.

Anyway, moving on, this was a tease. Don't tell me it was accidental it stopped just when the Green Knight was going to be shown in battle, I shan't believe you.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 3,991
    @Arsenic

You are right on both occasions !
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,436
    @CA_Whelan

Why doesn't Alberic have a trident on his model when he gets the trident? Other LL's get the weapons from their quest chains on their model.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,875
    edited February 2017
    Tayvar said:

Oh yes I love the Voice Actors for Bretonnia units, wish I could say the same for the Empire, they should have German accents just like in Company of Heroes II if you played it, or like in Medieval II Holy Roman Empire sound really nice.

Best Voice over in all TW games hands down goes to Empire TW and Napoleon with original languages, but then again it's nothing new games like Wargame: Red Dragon/ Airland Battle did that too.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

Tayvar said:

Oh yes I love the Voice Actors for Bretonnia units, wish I could say the same for the Empire, they should have German accents just like in Company of Heroes II if you played it, or like in Medieval II Holy Roman Empire sound really nice.
    Then who would have english accent? Albion is not likely to be playable. Also it's common for english to replace romans and german in the media, just look for the Queen's Latin trope. :)
    edited February 2017
    Tayvar said:

Then who would have english accent? Albion is not likely to be playable. Also it's common for english to replace romans and german in the media, just look for the Queen's Latin trope. :)

The Orcs and Goblins have East-End of London accents, The Dwarves Northern English (specifically Yorkshire), and the High Elves were used with the Dwarves to poke fun at the North/South divide fairly often back in the days when GW had a sense of humour, so they'd be a candidate for RP English.

Can't help thinking the Wood Elves ought to sound a bit less like they're playing the Old Harrovians annual rugger match and sound a bit more earthy, Welsh perhaps, judging by the written language used which seems pretty similar to the latter.
    Tayvar said:

Orcs and Goblins have the accent of London's East-End, the Dwarves speak with Northern English accents, and the Wood Elves speak with Received Pronunciation, although judging by the province names they ought to sound Welsh if anything.

Willing to bet the High Elves will be RP turned up to 11, too.
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,693
    Tayvar said:

Tayvar said:

Then who would have english accent?
    The Greenskins.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
    krunsh said:

Tayvar said:

Tayvar said:

Then who would have english accent?
    The Greenskins.
    Okey, but they still need an human faction that would speech in british accent, and I don't think that CA would waste their time on changing it. Warhammer: Mark of Chaos also had an british accents for the Empire troops. Also if you think of it, british accents replacing german accents, makes more sense then british accents replacing roman accents, the native british are an anglo-saxons after all.
  • shinrosshinros Registered Users Posts: 1,517
    Ice_cream said:

Im convinced that, in terms of campaing mechanics, Bretonnia will be one of the most unique, interesting and lore friendly so far. My congratulations to CA.

Agreed, watching this video just makes me feel CA REALLY needs to go back to the old factions and legendary lords to give them a once over.
    Nagash: When Nagash reaches out to crush his enemies, it is with a million hands. When Nagash seeks out his prey, it is with a million eyes.....