Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Bretonnia Update Patch Notes

Comments

• FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Posts: 545Registered Users
    Why are Chaos Dragons still underpowered?
    Ungrim is homesick
  • NightOfTheDeadNightOfTheDead Member Posts: 423Registered Users
    edited February 24
    What does increased Marksmanship on waywatchers mean? increased accuracy and if so by how much, can you clarify guys?
  • Donorma_IronshieldDonorma_Ironshield Posts: 383Registered Users
    edited February 24
    CA_Duck said:

Dwarf Warrior units also got a +25 cost increase, which seems to be missing.

Was hoping the Dwarf Warrior nerf was going to be to their stats instead of their cost, specifically their offensive stats. Oh well, +25 isn't that bad.
  • RandomTagRandomTag Posts: 1,201Registered Users
    Why Chaos get a stomp on the face again, gentlemen? Now Chaos will be consistently dominated by anybody else, especially by Brettonia :'(
  • jagssjagss Posts: 1Registered Users
    Nice patch, but i only have one question, the flying units will be more time on the ground when they charge an enemy or there will be no changes about that in this patch? I ask this because CA_Ato said it will be changes on flying units, they will stay on the ground ~3-4 times longer than before.
  • CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 704Registered Users, CA Staff

What does increased Marksmanship on waywatchers mean?

Higher projectile accuracy. They are more likely to hit their intended target, particularly helping in cases where missing the intended target would result in the projectile not hitting anyone else nearby.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • SchorschSchorsch Posts: 18Registered Users
    rly... a cost reduction...wow...
    so old world edition means: old LL still **** in campaign, autowalls for bretonia (why not for everyone oO)

• englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,109Registered Users
    Patch notes are okay nothing crazy. I like AI fix, less Flaggelants recruit ughh the nightmare is over.

CA when will you fix Banshee Ghostly howl it's still broken since launch.

Terrorgheist VFX and SFX are messed up, nice to see Leadership buff, melee attack bump wouldn't be bad either.

Nice to see nerf to aggressive WE and buff to Black Coach.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • CaiusBingerusCaiusBingerus Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    @CADevs: "Fixed a bug causing the game to crash with very large numbers of men in a unit."

Does that mean we can have now more than infamous 200 men per Unit?

I would also like to know, since it is not mentioned in recent patch notes, do Woodelves now get followers, traits and Items correctly in campaign?

Could you fix the texture bug in modding tools for modders, so they can add variations, colours and resizing again, many mods won`t work after latest patch due to "texture change" and is the riding animation fixed?

Would be really kind of you to get some clarification on these subjects.

Best regards, your loyal peasant!

• IokkoIokko Junior Member Posts: 40Registered Users
    So did the beastmen get lore of shadows?
  • Bel_KorhadrisBel_Korhadris Posts: 30Registered Users
    Still no followers for Wood Elf Lords? I thought you guys said you were aware of this and looking into it? Or did you just not make followers for Wood Elves?
  • SpaniardSpaniard Posts: 432Registered Users
    edited February 24
    What is the "filth mace" ability added to chaos Lords? And the hellfire sword to exalted hero??
    Post edited by Spaniard on
  • TotalWarChakaxTotalWarChakax Posts: 567Registered Users
    CA_Duck said:

Luneto said:

Poor Gelt and Kemmler.... atleast they have eachother! :D

Both Gelt and Kemmler have had a mp cost reduction. For some reason that change just hasn't been listed in the patch notes.

CA........... some people play campaign too, where gelt and kemmler are preety bad, an mp cost reduction doesn't help in sp.

And PLEASE make Malagor flying, I BEG YOU
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Posts: 846Registered Users
    This is like the 5th time you've assured me Flame Storm is buffed.

I don't trust that it won't still be bad.
  • PippingtonPippington Posts: 873Registered Users
    I recall a CA staff member (though I can't remember who) saying previously that flyers would be made to stay on the ground longer before takeoff in this patch, as a way of reducing cycle charge abuse. I can't see that in the list - has it been left off by mistake or was it decided not to implement it?

Get on, Kroq-Gar, we're going shopping

• misterZmisterZ Posts: 66Registered Users
    edited February 24
    Changed Black Coach abilities into passives that will activate after 45, 90 and 135 seconds in melee, allowing them to stack. Tweaked values to balance their new cumulative effect.

Wow!!!!!!
    Added Dark Mail to Khazrak.
    Added Filth Mace to Chaos Lords.
    Added Hellfire Sword to Exalted Hero.
    Removed Potions of Foolhardiness from Undead.
    Gave Potions to Beastlords and Dwarf Lords.
    Added Potions of Strength and Speed to Vampire Lords, Strigoi Ghoul Kings.
    Gave Sarthorael the Everwatcher Stand Or Die!
    Added Skull Wand of Kaloth to Orc Shaman.

AAA+
  • MalruirMalruir Junior Member Posts: 18Registered Users
    Whats with the missing follower for wood elves?
    Some other changes missing from the list:

Ungrim Ironfist:
    +30 bonus vs. Large

Helblaster Volley Gun:
    Doubled number of projectiles per volley from 9 to 18.

Black Knights with Lances/Verek's Reavers:
    -100 cost

Empire Spearmen (Shields):
    +2 melee defense

Forest Goblin Spider Riders:
    -50 cost.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • obippoobippo Member Posts: 1,970Registered Users
    Holy **** ****

"Fixed a bug causing the game to crash with very large numbers of men in a unit."

Does that mean that we can now edit unit sizes to be >200 men?

Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• MukipMukip Posts: 257Registered Users
    With the additional details from Duck's other posts I feel much better about this patch. Thanks.
  • KimJaeKyuKimJaeKyu Posts: 125Registered Users
    edited February 24
    no lots improvement for VC and over nerf-useless buff again. great.
    no longer fun with VC in MP. now only can play in SP.

CA. now i will only play WE/bretonnia/empire in MP.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • RiggsenRiggsen Member Posts: 1,963Registered Users
    edited February 24
    KimJaeKyu said:

no lots improvement for VC and over nerf-useless buff again. great.
    no longer fun with VC in MP. now only can play in SP.

CA. now i will only play WE/bretonnia/empire in MP.

Raise dead was brokenly good, and still looks extremely strong after the changes. Sternsman increase was needed, as they were an auto-pick every game in MP. Other changes were all buffs, especially the black coach.
    "CA WHY U NU UNPOOP GAME" (Dank TW meme of 2011)
  • misterZmisterZ Posts: 66Registered Users
    so - what about beastmen shadow lore ?
    and maybe chaos also will get it?
  • Ghengisk_KhanGhengisk_Khan Posts: 257Registered Users
    awwww they made sneaky stabbin single target. I like alot of the changes but this one makes me sad considering it really help my gobo armies out with the extra ap.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,785Registered Users
    Ilyandir said:

Humm ... I'd be more inclined to agree with the Karl Franz changes if his melee defence was sorted out - it is way too low for a melee LL in my opinion. Good call on the Gob Lobber - it was OP for it's price.

Yep. WAY too low.. it's crazy
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,785Registered Users
    CA_Duck said:

Luneto said:

Poor Gelt and Kemmler.... atleast they have eachother! :D

Both Gelt and Kemmler have had a mp cost reduction. For some reason that change just hasn't been listed in the patch notes.

In the other thread that was calling out the growing discrepancies between the races. The CA responses were kind of leading us to believe that that was going to be sorted. There is nothing in here about re-balancing old LLs or even giving Kemmler his "love" as was said that was going to be shown towards him.

I am much confused and much disappoint. :(
  • InvisibleBlueInvisibleBlue Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited February 24
    When are you going to fix the "Alliance coloring scheme" in the options not affecting elite & DLC units?

My own short form suggestion and explanation of the issue:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/5vxapk/ca_why_are_dlc_elite_units_not_included_in/
  • GejnorGejnor Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited February 24
    "Changed Black Coach abilities into passives that will activate after 45, 90 and 135 seconds in melee, allowing them to stack. Tweaked values to balance their new cumulative effect."

Does this work the same as other "in melee" cooldown abilities? As in, if the Coach breaks away from melee, the countdown isn't reset, rather it just pauses and then resumes at its current value when re-engaging in melee?

I mean if not i don't see it much possible to get the new passive effects reliably, as i can't see the coach standing still for 135 seconds.
  • SivenSiven Posts: 40Registered Users
    Didnt see it in the notes, Is the battle difficulty slider fixed?
    Gejnor said:

"Changed Black Coach abilities into passives that will activate after 45, 90 and 135 seconds in melee, allowing them to stack. Tweaked values to balance their new cumulative effect."

Does this work the same as other "in melee" cooldown abilities? As in, if the Coach breaks away from melee, the countdown isn't reset, rather it just pauses and then resumes at its current value when re-engaging in melee?

I mean if not i don't see it much possible to get the new passive effects reliably, as i can't see the coach standing still for 135 seconds.

The countdown doesn't reset out of melee, rather it just pauses and resumes when you engage again.