Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Bretonnia Update Patch Notes

Comments

• ProtagonisteProtagoniste Posts: 156Registered Users
    Seems like a very good patch for MP. Really happy about the addition of new upgrade options for some lord & heroes and about the efforts to make some LL more unique (vanguard for Khazrak, bonus VS large for Ungrim, etc.) Hope that this trends continues as there is so much potential here.

The tweaks to magic are also very encouraging. Some useless spells may become useful now and that is great for variety. I feel that a MP gold cost decrease might be needed for some of those spells to see play in MP though... Also, there is also a small concern that magic missiles may become op again (this time was the worst MP meta of all, patch 2 or 3 I think)... but let's wait, I think that it will probably be ok.

The fix to Alt-F4 is extremely welcome. Very encouraging for the future of MP.

Number 1 improvement that I would like to see for next patch: unit limitations (like aspiring champions already have) for flyers, steam tanks, etc. in Quick battles.

Anyways. Things are moving in the right direction, thanks for supporting this great game. :)
  • NaiethNaieth Posts: 231Registered Users
    This patch took a more balanced and subtle look at changing Wood Elves than I thought. I bet they are in a great spot after this.

Thanks!
    Support a third Legendary Lord for Wood Elves
  • Uh_OhUh_Oh Posts: 286Registered Users
    All looks great, thank you.

• obippoobippo Member Posts: 1,970Registered Users
    obippo said:

Holy **** ****

"Fixed a bug causing the game to crash with very large numbers of men in a unit."

Does that mean that we can now edit unit sizes to be >200 men?

@CA_Duck Can you confirm we will be able to edit unit sizes beyond 200 with the PFM/similar tools?

Thanks!
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• RandomTagRandomTag Posts: 1,201Registered Users
    By the way, did Empire Secessionist leader's name get fixed? It has been too long for Hans Zintler to fight against himself...
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    Thanks for the updated information! I'm curious, does any of the adjustments in balance have any effects on prolonging combat?

If not, any features or modes making its way into the game that would prolong combat-any thoughts on future possibilities?
  • CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 704Registered Users, CA Staff
    obippo said:

obippo said:

Holy **** ****

"Fixed a bug causing the game to crash with very large numbers of men in a unit."

@CA_Duck Can you confirm we will be able to edit unit sizes beyond 200 with the PFM/similar tools?

Thanks!
    I can't confirm that as I wasn't involved with that bug fix, but it could make that possible. I recommend giving it a try once the patch is out.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • ArmorDonioArmorDonio Posts: 2Registered Users
    So what happened to the regiments of renown???
  • obippoobippo Member Posts: 1,970Registered Users
    CA_Duck said:

obippo said:

obippo said:

Holy **** ****

Thanks!
    I can't confirm that as I wasn't involved with that bug fix, but it could make that possible. I recommend giving it a try once the patch is out.
    Great thanks mate
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• misterZmisterZ Posts: 66Registered Users
    @CA_Duck - can we get bray shaman of shadows (and chaos) now?
  • question1question1 Posts: 22Registered Users
    edited June 23
    Post edited by question1 on
  • CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 704Registered Users, CA Staff
    jagss said:

Nice patch, but i only have one question, the flying units will be more time on the ground when they charge an enemy or there will be no changes about that in this patch? I ask this because CA_Ato said it will be changes on flying units, they will stay on the ground ~3-4 times longer than before.

We didn't add the flyer changes to this patch as we weren't satisfied with it yet. Still working on it.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • ArchonPrimeArchonPrime Posts: 672Registered Users
    Poor Chaos,RIP again.
  • EizoEizo Posts: 716Registered Users

awwww they made sneaky stabbin single target. I like alot of the changes but this one makes me sad considering it really help my gobo armies out with the extra ap.

I may be wrong but I believe that the increase in AP isn't significant if your base AP isn't that high like Gobbos and in reality the buff is actually better on monsterious creatures like Giants or Grimgor because they have more AP damage to begin with.
  • RandomTagRandomTag Posts: 1,201Registered Users
    >:) Perhaps we need to stage a Chaos Rebel Uprising and raze everything to the ground if the dominance of the Four Gods is still denied by pitiful mortals...
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Posts: 592Registered Users
    When you say "Grass is now being generated properly for tiles in the TERRY tool." you talking about the high grass that is actually missing in the editor, or are you talking about somithing realted with the grass texture?

If you are talking about the high grass those are great news.
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Posts: 798Registered Users
    edited February 24
    Anyone else think the Beastmen need alittle more survivability? And hopefully they change the wood elves prioritizing the Beastmen during the campaign. Cause i really dont like being near norsca and them sending 3/4 armies after me ignoring other enemies. And why dont they add the Ghorgon to the beastmen roster? They def need it
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    thanks mr duck
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • Alexblade92Alexblade92 Posts: 2Registered Users
    CA don't you think that chaos warriors and chosen should be stronger melee units, considering their cost? They can be easily defeated by cheaper units. Some youtubers are also reporting that even foot squires can defeat chosen in 1v1. I belive that Chaos heavy melee units needs some buff in campaign and in MP.
  • Centurion581Centurion581 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Good changes generally, I just wanted to ask has Dwarf magic resistance been changed at all? Its just that currently it is so difficult to beat Dwarves as Wood Elves because so many of their attacks are magical (particularly bowmen). I am mainly thinking of the Runelord magic resistance buff, if that has not been changed? Thanks
  • NodosaNodosa Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users

Seems like a very good patch for MP. Really happy about the addition of new upgrade options for some lord & heroes and about the efforts to make some LL more unique (vanguard for Khazrak, bonus VS large for Ungrim, etc.) Hope that this trends continues as there is so much potential here.

The tweaks to magic are also very encouraging. Some useless spells may become useful now and that is great for variety. I feel that a MP gold cost decrease might be needed for some of those spells to see play in MP though... Also, there is also a small concern that magic missiles may become op again (this time was the worst MP meta of all, patch 2 or 3 I think)... but let's wait, I think that it will probably be ok.

Number 1 improvement that I would like to see for next patch: unit limitations (like aspiring champions already have) for flyers, steam tanks, etc. in Quick battles.

Anyways. Things are moving in the right direction, thanks for supporting this great game. :)

I have not read anything on that Alt-F4 fix. Where did you get that from?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 31,560Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Nodosa said:

It's in the OP
    • We are deploying our multiplayer drop-hack exploit fix in two stages. This update begins stage 1: we now determine when it happens and analyse the resulting data. Players will receive a message whenever they leave a battle through an unconventional exit. Stage 2 will follow in a future update.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • gekjgekj Junior Member Posts: 83Registered Users
    Still no fix for shadow bug in battle...
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 31,560Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    gekj said:

Still no fix for shadow bug in battle...

There doesn't seem to be much mention of bug fixes, even the ones the devs have said are fixed, so I wouldn't read too much into a particular issue not being included. Best to wait for the patch and then check.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • GunKingGunKing Posts: 428Registered Users
    When will Wood Elves get followers in campaign like everyone else?
  • DeltaOperator1DeltaOperator1 Posts: 56Registered Users
    Might be a good idea to edit the Patch Notes with all the additional info that has been coming in.
  • NodosaNodosa Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users

Nodosa said:

It's in the OP
    • We are deploying our multiplayer drop-hack exploit fix in two stages. This update begins stage 1: we now determine when it happens and analyse the resulting data. Players will receive a message whenever they leave a battle through an unconventional exit. Stage 2 will follow in a future update.
    Right, thank you. Now i feel silly for missing out on that. Well, now that CA is actually taking time to fix drop hacks, i can now only hope to have a Avatar conquest like they did in Shogun 2. With more balancing and no more drop hacks as well.

I am really happy that they are focusing a lot more on Multiplayer, and here i thought CA never played online matches to begin with.
  • bronhomsbronhoms Posts: 1,307Registered Users
    So... Arcaon is still ****

• BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Posts: 318Registered Users
    edited February 24
    Changes look really good. It will be interesting to see how the magic lore changes feel come next week. Love the small changes to things like the AI decisions in campaign, tweaks to impact on vortex spells, making the Black Coach abilities passive and making the Cygor's soul eater ability a little weaker but applying mapwide (be very interesting to see how the last one is used in MP). That is exactly what I was looking for them to do.

My only concern is how they chose to make Kemmler and Gelt more viable. Simply reducing the MP cost doesn't do anything for campaign. They really need something significant to set them apart from run of the mill wizards and necromancers in terms of interesting - if not more powerful - gameplay. Gelt is a liability more than helpful and Kemmler doesnt even get the abilities of regular necromancers (who can ride corpse carts), much less vampire casters (who can use flying mounts to position for casting raise dead much better).
  • BurjisBurjis Posts: 2Registered Users
    Has there been a change to wood elves (and other AI in general) power confederating with very short intervals?