Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Bretonnia Update Patch Notes

Comments

• Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Posts: 59Registered Users
    Good patch!

My only real gripe is that nothing was done to help alleviate the balance issues with wood elves vs dwarfs. Actually things are going to be much worse now. Loss of range on archers, limited kurnues, better buffs from runesmiths, and tree killing ungrim.

They should have atleast removed magic damage on starfire shafts.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 1,318Registered Users
    So no buffs to Archaon's items?

He really needs them, he feels nothing like the Lord of the End Times he's supposed to be.
  • Alexblade92Alexblade92 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Blaeys said:

Changes look really good. It will be interesting to see how the magic lore changes feel come next week. Love the small changes to things like the AI decisions in campaign, tweaks to impact on vortex spells, making the Black Coach abilities passive and making the Cygor's soul eater ability a little weaker but applying mapwide (be very interesting to see how the last one is used in MP). That is exactly what I was looking for them to do.

My only concern is how they chose to make Kemmler and Gelt more viable. Simply reducing the MP cost doesn't do anything for campaign. They really need something significant to set them apart from run of the mill wizards and necromancers in terms of interesting - if not more powerful - gameplay. Gelt is a liability more than helpful and Kemmler doesnt even get the abilities of regular necromancers (who can ride corpse carts), much less vampire casters (who can use flying mounts to position for casting raise dead much better).

I completely agree with you! older LL should be made more interesting and unique in campaign.
  • CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 704Registered Users, CA Staff

So no buffs to Archaon's items?

He really needs them, he feels nothing like the Lord of the End Times he's supposed to be.

Some small buffs to Archaon's items.

Crown of Domination: Added Immune to Psychology.
    Slayer of Kings: Changed from +22% weapon damage, +18% ap weapon damage to +44% weapon damage, +36% ap weapon damage. Duration changed from 35 to 28.

Also in Campaign the Crown of Domination will give Archaon terror.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • TetleyTetley Posts: 34Registered Users
    These changes look like a great start in the right direction. Bretonnia can get a great leadership buff and immunity to psychology with the grail reliquae allowing them to boost some of the weakest foot troops, however Chosen which are some greatest troops in the old world will still run scared from fear and terror units. Surely these guys have seen worse and should be immune to psychology?
  • bh5496bh5496 Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    Sigh, I really don't like that some key issues are yet to be adressed. There still seems to be not much done to make older LL's more appealing, besides some rearranging of their special weapons stats.

Unless there are some hidden changes, Lore of metal still seems to be absolutely useless. Instead of buffing the damage of Searing Doom to make it useful, its cost was just reduced, still making it not worth the magic lost for the abysmal damage it does. Final Transmutation still looks to be useless despite the cost decrease. Plague of Rust really aught to be AOE.

I still doubt the Black Coach will be useful, even with the buffs, until those ridiculous cooldown nerfs are removed from its abilities.

I wish the speed decrease was added to regular vortexes. The overcast ones had better be pretty friggin slow for their increased cost AND miscast chance.
  • macgmaermacgmaer Posts: 49Registered Users
    insane updates, but chaos needed much more fixing
  • SpaniardSpaniard Posts: 432Registered Users
    edited February 24
    Overall, I like the changes on magic but I am not impressed. I might be wrong but I think players will continue to bring most of the spells that are so popular now. So, you really think that Glittering Robe (Metal) can be compared to Earth Blood (life)? Lets see what Glittering Robe does: +8 Leadership, -30 armor, for 40 seconds on a 45 m ratio (all this for 14 winds of magic when overcasted) Earth Blood on the other hand costs 15 wom .I think Earth Blood is still much better, especially if it can heal monsters, hippogryph knights , and hero squads making them almost invincible. If the armor debuff on G-Robe was -60 then I would maybe consider it balanced. But -30 armor on a unit of 100 will not change much, foot squires have 70 armor and are doing very well.
  • rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Posts: 950Registered Users
    edited February 25
    haven't read all the comments so this may have already been mentioned.

noticed y'all reducing detonation force by 150 for flame cannons. I'm hoping that's to make them more effective and maybe some realization that higher detonation force actually equals less damage to the target. as higher det force atually causes targets to get knocked into the air or onto the ground and somehow this causes damage immunity. (i'm not 100% sure about that anymore - been gone a while)

not trying to be inflammatory or rude but there's been posts before about various statistics that seem to adversely affect Magic efficiency. det force is one of em.

made a mod trying to rebalance magic with alot of these weird stats in mind but it was alot of work, little interest (i'm not a big name modder), and i became busy with college again so it is pretty much abandoned.

currently just use Cataph's nerfbat version of Molay's magic. No offense to Cataph and Molay - but I really wish I didn't feel the need to.

anyways - 8th edition WH TT was called magichammer by many for a good reason. maybe magic shouldn't be as completely gamechanging as 8th but some of the spells/lores feel pretty useless.

anyways - after saying all that junk about magic I don't really want to sound ungrateful about patch notes and progress. thank you for continuing to improve the game. just a reminder is all.

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 31,560Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

haven't read all the comments so this may have already been mentioned.

noticed y'all reducing detonation force by 150 for flame cannons. I'm hoping that's to make them more effective and maybe some realization that higher detonation force actually equals less damage to the target. as higher det force atually causes targets to get knocked into the air or onto the ground and somehow this causes damage immunity. (i'm not 100% sure about that anymore - been gone a while)

not trying to be inflammatory or rude but there's been posts before about various statistics that seem to adversely affect Magic efficiency. det force is one of em.

made a mod trying to rebalance magic with alot of these weird stats in mind but it was alot of work, little interest (i'm not a big name modder), and i became busy with college again so it is pretty much abandoned.

currently just use Cataph's nerfbat version of Molay's magic. No offense to Cataph and Molay - but I really wish I didn't feel the need to.

anyways - 8th edition WH TT was called magichammer by many for a good reason. maybe magic shouldn't be as completely gamechanging as 8th but some of the spells/lores feel pretty useless.

anyways - after saying all that junk about magic I don't really want to sound ungrateful about patch notes and progress. thank you for continuing to improve the game. just a reminder is all.

Perhaps read this https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191508/patch-6-full-ability-balance-change-list#latest regarding changes to abilities and magic. Also there are a number of comments from devs spread through various threads clarifying the changes.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Ironbird1Ironbird1 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Wait why the hell is Karl Franz getting more expensive? He is the worst legendary lord out there he is worse than Boris to bringer and the other Empire lords he should get regeneration and he should give Add to dictionary a bonus when you use them with Franz in the battle.
  • rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Posts: 950Registered Users
    Thank you BillyRuffian. Sorry I missed that. sleep deprived brain didn't even realize there'd be a more detailed patch notes for abilities.

just skimmed over that and I'd say that's quite a few steps in the right direction for vortices and reducing det force. progress. for my own selfish reasons - i'd love magic to be glorious (not OP of course - but OP is a bit subjective sometimes) For my future magic reliant Lizardmen armies.

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 31,560Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Ironbird1 said:

Wait why the hell is Karl Franz getting more expensive? He is the worst legendary lord out there he is worse than Boris to bringer and the other Empire lords he should get regeneration and he should give Add to dictionary a bonus when you use them with Franz in the battle.

Read Duck's comment here https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1751432/#Comment_1751432

"That +99 cost to Karl Franz isn't correct. Only the price increase for Karl Franz on Deathclaw is correct (due to Bloodroar now being innate). "

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • AlleriusAllerius Posts: 76Registered Users
    Sneaky Stabin really should stay an Aoe effect because it's necessary to not only hold on in engaments but to tip off and win them with this spell so rather go for a cost increase of the spell or add a aoe overcast versions but don't take away this essential part of the greenskin support roster if you don't want to limit yourselves in future design space.

Make Sneaky Stabin Aoe again.
  • PrayPray Posts: 967Registered Users
    edited February 25
    Added 2 more defensive siege battle maps for the Wood Elves faction, also available in Custom Battle Mode.

Is this meaning wall settlement ?
  • scfs123scfs123 Senior Member Posts: 974Registered Users
    Ow those little waagh nerfs.....sneaky stabbin....:(

That's mean guys, they only had 2 spells worth using in first place and now you gutted them both xD

ahhhh. A design choice i respect but am sad to see, would have preferred seeing buffs to other spells to make them enjoyable to cast instead of nerfs to the only 2 worth casting.
  • RomuloRomulo Posts: 11Registered Users
    Sneaky Stabbin needed to be a single target spell. It was really OP.
  • mahgahmahgah Posts: 7Registered Users
    Any reason the Camera Bounds tool is being removed from TERRY? I just started a map today that I think would benefit from it.
  • nowocinmnowocinm Posts: 68Registered Users
    A great group of changes in this patch, shame to hear about the flying change not being implemented but I appreciate the caution in trying to get it right. Really Enjoy the spell and ability changes. Great work CA team! :)

all we need now:

something to make Balthasar Gelt unique (other than being a metal wizard with the empire)

giving chosen either "fear" or "immune to psychology" (They advance unflinchingly through black powder firestorms, hails of arrows and punishing artillery volleys...battle lines have buckled at the mere prospect of a unit of chosen closing upon them...) Your description, give them fear. The dark gods are scarier than anything they will meet on the battlefield

single entity summons have really suffered in viability with the latest change, especially the cygor. was hoping for them to be looked at and addressed with the spells changes. perhaps I just need to commit to spawning it behind enemy lines instead of using it as artillery

if all bretonnian cavalry with lances are getting bonus vs large when will others also get it

I like the cost reduction on reiksguard but maybe adding "encourage" would've been better

no fix to quick battles... maybe one day

adding multiplayer elements from shogun 2 would greatly increase the enjoyment of this great game

One day Ill get to paint my army, then this game will be complete <3 <3 <3

• Soldier777888Soldier777888 Posts: 2Registered Users

"Orion, The King In The Woods, has issued a proclamation throughout Athel loren denying his resemblance to Mel Gibson."

hahahaha

He looks like the love child of Mel Gibson and Mikael Persbrandt in his role as Beorn in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug :
    https://ajcarlisle.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/the_hobbit_-_the_desolation_of_smaug_-_beorn.jpg
  • ManSwineManSwine Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited February 25
    Buffs to Lore of Metal and Lord of Wild?!?!??! Oh god YES CA!
  • TheOrganKingTheOrganKing Junior Member Posts: 946Registered Users
    nowocinm said:

A great group of changes in this patch, shame to hear about the flying change not being implemented but I appreciate the caution in trying to get it right. Really Enjoy the spell and ability changes. Great work CA team! :)

giving chosen either "fear" or "immune to psychology" (They advance unflinchingly through black powder firestorms, hails of arrows and punishing artillery volleys...battle lines have buckled at the mere prospect of a unit of chosen closing upon them...) Your description, give them fear. The dark gods are scarier than anything they will meet on the battlefield

Archaon now gets the immune to psychology on the Crown of dominion. Considering that he already has it himself I would take it that he now gives immune to psychology to all units within the 40m aura buff that Crown of dominion gives. That might not be exactly what you are hoping for but it is a start.
    "Chaos strong. Gors strong. Humans, Elves, Dwarf — weak. We win. We fight, we kill, one day we win. One day soon. You — if you lucky, we eat you, make you into part of us, make you better than you, stronger than any of you, stronger than all of you. Once this arm weak, like you. I eat many of your kind, now I strong."
    —Karzog, Beastigor Charioteer.
  • Reaper49Reaper49 Posts: 239Registered Users
    edited February 25
    Ca is Empire Haters? Not atleast the buff to the stats of Karl Franz? Gelt some new skills or something? No words after 3 months away from the non playable campaing.......was waiting this patch so long and then this.....They are really giving attension to their forums.............
  • TypicalWarlockTypicalWarlock Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited February 25
    In the Bretonnia update patch the bug with loss of Boris,Sarthorael and Red Duke during game in an offline mode will be fixed ? (sorry for bad English)
  • PresidentePresidente Member Posts: 40Registered Users
    Are necromancer lords, Balthazar and kemmler ever going to be patched too be good?
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Posts: 1,420Registered Users
    Was this patch mainly focused onto macig balance?

I feel like the biggest changes where made there.
  • AlleriusAllerius Posts: 76Registered Users
    Romulo said:

Sneaky Stabbin needed to be a single target spell. It was really OP.

No it should cost more or get a ovetcast aoe greenskins relly on their buffs because they can't win by themselves, they should've made it 9to cast and decrease the duration and add more cooldown but not a single target it's near worthless now and really pushes greenskins to a point were they cannot compete with most factions anymore.

Single worst change in this patch.
    CA keep it Aoe but change those points!!
  • CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 704Registered Users, CA Staff
    TeNoSkill said:

Well the main focus of the patch was creating the new Bretonnia, but we did try our best to improve the balance of the existing content.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Posts: 318Registered Users
    edited February 25
    CA_Duck said:

TeNoSkill said:

Well the main focus of the patch was creating the new Bretonnia, but we did try our best to improve the balance of the existing content.
    The patches look like a good step in the right direction and I can't way to play them - and am very optimistic about the way the game is going. I love how much CA supports this game.

That said, I was a little disappointed that Kemmler and Gelt weren't addressed outside of the reduced cost in MP. They really do need something to set them apart from generic necromancers (who are usually better than Kemmler because of the corpse cart) and empire wizards (who outshine Gelt in campaign as both casters and because - since they arent lords - cant cause the army to fall apart when they die).

Not saying they need to be stronger - just more interesting given how important they are in the lore.
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Posts: 798Registered Users
    Really hope this patch fixed the Beastmen infantry, I would like them to last longer than 45 seconds and not get massacred by tier 3 units