Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Bretonnia Update Patch Notes

Comments

• TetleyTetley Posts: 34Registered Users
    CA_Duck said:

TeNoSkill said:

Was this patch mainly focused onto macig balance?

I feel like the biggest changes where made there.

Well the main focus of the patch was creating the new Bretonnia, but we did try our best to improve the balance of the existing content.
    The patches so far have always come with new content so we would expect the focus to be on the new stuff, it's great that you manage to get some tweaks in to old content as well. Can we expect big patches in the future that wont come with new content that focus on the older stuff?
  • CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 704Registered Users, CA Staff
    Tetley said:

The patches so far have always come with new content so we would expect the focus to be on the new stuff, it's great that you manage to get some tweaks in to old content as well. Can we expect big patches in the future that wont come with new content that focus on the older stuff?

Sorry, I am not the right person to discuss brand strategy. That said, we are committed to keep improving the quality of our game and any work on new content is likely to trickle into some improvements for existing content.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • horace35horace35 Junior Member Posts: 197Registered Users
    CA_Duck said:

Luneto said:

Poor Gelt and Kemmler.... atleast they have eachother! :D

Both Gelt and Kemmler have had a mp cost reduction. For some reason that change just hasn't been listed in the patch notes.

Dwarf Warrior units also got a +25 cost increase, which seems to be missing.
    I don't think it is really the MP cost that people are talking about, it is the fact their abilities and items make them a completely sub par choice of LL. They are not very interesting, their items do not really reflect what they have in the TT which is a shame, because Kemmler is straight up awesome.

They just need a bit of love, it would only take you guys a little time :)

Also whilst your at it, how about just shifting Kemmler out to Mousillon ;)
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Posts: 798Registered Users
    Add more units to the Beastmen, they need the Ghorgon, Doomgor and others. They are very under whelming as they stand
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Why are Knights of the Blazing Sun better than Reiksguard? They are supposed to be the most elite of the Knightly Orders of the Empire equipped with the best armor and weapons, aside from Demigryph Knights.
  • harngersteinharngerstein Posts: 312Registered Users
    "Campaign AI recruitment logic improved."

Well this was posted by a TW youtuber SurrealBeliefs who was given the Bretonnia release. I hope this isn't CAs idea of a fix...

Pic.jpg 469.3K
  • nowocinmnowocinm Posts: 68Registered Users
    edited February 25
    Blaeys said:

That said, I was a little disappointed that Kemmler and Gelt weren't addressed outside of the reduced cost in MP. They really do need something to set them apart from generic necromancers

Not saying they need to be stronger - just more interesting given how important they are in the lore.

Kemmler's items got an overhaul. the shroud is no longer garbage. should change a lot
  • Horus168Horus168 Posts: 549Registered Users

"Campaign AI recruitment logic improved."

Well this was posted by a TW youtuber SurrealBeliefs who was given the Bretonnia release. I hope this isn't CAs idea of a fix...

Those multiple cygor armies are horrible to play against, as are 6 hellcanon armies etc...
  • wesleyshaverwesleyshaver Posts: 4Registered Users
    Does this mean there's no hope for spell damage to scale with unit size? I play on ultra unit size (I think most people do) and the mass damage spells don't seem to do much.
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Posts: 1,547Registered Users
    Sticky this topic please... Why is it hanging halfway down the page???
  • GeneralXGeneralX Posts: 2Registered Users
    irurobin said:

Why does Karl Franz gets a price increased??????????? Are you kidding me??????????

Amber Wizard (Griffon)
    - 30 Charge Bonus

Knights of the Blazing Sun
    + 100 Cost

<<<<< Just why? LoL</p>

I agree. Empire units are even bad in cost effectiveness. I saw no empire players in top 100th of the ladder. Most competitive players play dwarfs, woodelfs, greenskins. This three factions have almost all the tools to beat other factions. About this nerf. Amber wizard dies really quickly when focused by archers and gunners. I dont know why CA give fly mounts if they would do this. Lastly i think karl franz is one of the worst legendary lord. Even boris is much better than him. Both will be put into trashcan after the patch including lore of life++ empire players will vanish from ladder
  • VikingCatVikingCat Posts: 59Registered Users
    Ladder doesn't really mean anything because it's so easy to exploit the ALT+F4 mechanic as well as other things, friend.

Empire is widely regarded as the strongest faction by people who play tournaments.

Karl Franz is very bad, on that we can agree.
  • JusthavocmanJusthavocman Posts: 8Registered Users
    The nerfs to the wood elves are too extreme

The nerfs to the wood elves are too extreme

Elves are OP against almost everyone except Dwarves, if you dont have calvary and they have like 60% archers you might as well start the match and leave the comp. And they were way to aggressive in the campaign
  • mahgahmahgah Posts: 7Registered Users
    The map-sharing feature over a multiplayer game (where players temporarily download a map) is STILL broken and inconsistent.

This was the primary draw of custom maps for me, not adding sieges into single player.

Will this be fixed with the full release of TERRY?
  • GeneralXGeneralX Posts: 2Registered Users
    GaryCA said:

Hi @irurobin

Thanks for the question, you'll find that some of the lord price increases are to accommodate for the automatic inclusion of abilities such as Cloud of Flies, Frenzy and Blood Roar etc. In Karl Franz's case it was felt that Blood Roar was often missed due to it only becoming visible once Deathclaw was picked, also it cuts down on the sometimes excessive amount of abilities the player has to select from.

Some player would not like to select blood roar for franz to get other armies. I wouldnt select karl because boris is much more useful in terms of cost effectiveness. Just what is the purpose of karl franz in the multiplayer game. He doesnt even have healing so he always need jade wizard. Karl and jade wizard cost 4000 to bring them to the battle ground. Would u guys pick? Karl should be buffed instead!!!!!!
  • ShaxyelShaxyel Posts: 1Registered Users
    Please can you give Chosen some love.

All they need is immune to psychology. I cannot fathom why a unit that costs 1250 + is fleeing like little girls after losing 20 men due to fear and terror, they need to be more in line with black orcs.
  • HartassenHartassen Junior Member Posts: 117Registered Users
    edited February 26
    Increasing cost to karl franz.... I don't care if he had a skill added, you actually took the time to look at him and didn't think he needed a buff? He is the worst legendary lord to bring to a mp battle besides the more obvious ones like ghorst, gelt or kemmler. He frequently gets trashed by a generic empire lord. He really needs a buff to his melee defence.

At times I wonder if you even play your own game and if you do, is it only on easy difficulty like we see on the streams?

Also, increasing the spiderling spawn on arachnarok from like a few seconds to 40? I personally feel it was overpowered and I'm glad you are nerfing it. But going from a few second spawn like straight up to 40 feels very rough and like there wasn't much thought put into balancing the skill in the first place Have you never considered using increments in your balance? It doesn't have to be a pendulum where you swing to either side.

Post edited by Hartassen on
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive ****, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein
  • bronhomsbronhoms Posts: 1,307Registered Users
    Please, someone, explain to me why you are being so conservative with adding items to custom games..

• boblikesoupboblikesoup Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited February 27
    @GaryCA All the balances in the patch seem well placed.

A lot of people, many on this thread among them, were expecting more Chaos buffs as it's the least competitive faction. Just wanted to share with a tag to you in case you didn't see the posts they made. I'm not even a Chaos player, but I do love to faction see variety in the game.
    Post edited by boblikesoup on
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 50Registered Users
    edited February 27
    Thanks for the patch guys.

Can I ask, will this patch fix the clipping issue with cavalry when the mounts are resized, but the riders are not?
    I know Cataph's "Chaos Steeds Resized" is a very popular mod on the workshop, but since the Wood Elves patch there has been a graphical glitch where the riders would repeatedly lag behind the mounts for a split second when the unit is moving. I know that's a very specific question, but any news would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
  • xWaBiDxxWaBiDx Posts: 56Registered Users
    macgmaer said:

insane updates, but chaos needed much more fixing

Agreed. They doesen't really feel like much of a threat at all. I never would have thought they'd run away like little girls so quickly when a battle go sour.
  • UngorWarrior102UngorWarrior102 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Apologies if I sound crazy. But Prior to this, I was playing as snarsnik with no clue of vanguard deployment.... and karl franz ends up fighting me, out numbering me... and I almost send him to meet sikkar. Almost. He only got wounded. He didn't have deathclaw, but still, the emporer should at least be able to fight alongside his men. He isn't a counselor after all.
  • ben8vteduben8vtedu Posts: 606Registered Users
    There was an issue with Grombrindal's living ancestor ability, where the public order bonus for choosing Valaya wasn't applied at the end of the turn. Has this been fixed?
    Add the Ghorgon to the Beastmens roster and more flying units
  • natesos1natesos1 Posts: 87Registered Users
    Ok so why would you get rid of the goblin spell that buffs my all goblin army thanks for breaking little whaa I love you guys at ca but gobbos need love to you took a good spell sneaky stabbing made it 5-10 times worse and made it cost one less my all gobbo army needs fixing idk if I can even fix it now all #gobbolove
  • natesos1natesos1 Posts: 87Registered Users
    To make sneaky stabing one unit yet leave healing and all other much more op spells the same maybe if it cost 3 and even then I would not use it I think now little whaaa has nothing good to it not to mention goblin spell caster is just asking for a hammering as it
  • CirueloCiruelo Posts: 105Registered Users
    I have the weird impression that this patch will lead to one of the worst states of the MP scene so far. The problems people were complaining about haven't been modified and there are too many debuffs to units people didn'even use. WE were one of the weakest faction and they are going to be now even weaker. I don't know... I hope I'm wrong but this looks nasty.

• Bayonet1809Bayonet1809 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Why was Kemmler nerfed by reducing the duration of his special item's ability, it already did +80% physical resistance, so the only change was to the duration?
    Cloak of Mists and Shadows: Replaced Fire & Magic Resistance with +80% physical resistance. Duration decreased from 43 to 22.
  • CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 704Registered Users, CA Staff

Why was Kemmler nerfed by reducing the duration of his special item's ability, it already did +80% physical resistance, so the only change was to the duration?
    Cloak of Mists and Shadows: Replaced Fire & Magic Resistance with +80% physical resistance. Duration decreased from 43 to 22.

It used to do 22% of each.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.