Abilities Balancing TL:DR
Da Big Waaagh!:
- Armour effect values for spells and abilities changed from 15/30 to 30/60. Also increased duration for these abilities.
- Pass on ability costs, durations and recharge times.
- Spell power costs tweaked to better match strength.
- 45m radius reduced to 40m radius, 60m radius reduced to 55m radius.
- Slightly increased likelihood of magic missiles hitting their target.
- Reduced movement speed for upgraded vortex spells with extended duration by 25%.
- Balancing pass on passives to better match strength with cost.
- Lore of the Wild and Lore of Beasts recharge times made consistent with other lores of magic.
- Fixed consistency issues with initial recharge not always being applied for abilities without a recharge condition.
Da Lil’ Waaagh!:
- Gaze of Mork: Slight increase in projectile size, explosion damage. Reduced cost from 7 to 5. Upgraded cost from 13 to 7.
- Brain Bursta: Reduced cost from 8 to 7. Upgraded cost from 12 to 10.
- ‘Eadbutt: cost reduced from 11 to 10, Upgraded from 21 to 19.
- ‘Ere We Go: cost increased from 10 to 11.
Lore of Light:
- Sneaky Stabbin’: changed to single target, cost reduced from 5 to 4.
- Vindictive Glare: Slight increase in projectile size, reduced cost from 9 to 6. Upgraded cost reduced from 13 to 11.
- Gork’ll Fix It: Reduced duration from 38 to 21. Decreased cost from 8 to 7.
- Night Shroud: Increased Visibility Range debuff from -92% to -96%. Increased range to 75m and 110m for upgraded.
- Curse of Da Bad Moon: decreased cost from 16 to 14, Upgraded cost reduced from 25 to 21. Movement speed for upgraded version reduced by 25%.
Lore of Heavens:
- Pha’s Protection: Armour increased to +30, duration increased from 17 to 24. Upgraded cost increased from 8 to 10.
- Shem’s Burning Gaze: small increase in projectile size, reduced cost from 7 to 6, upgraded cost from 13 to 11.
- Light of Battle: both versions changed to single target, cost reduced from 9 to 7 for regular and 14 to 12 for upgraded.
- Birona’s Timewarp Upgraded: reduced cost from 21 to 17.
- Banishment Upgraded: reduced cost from 22 to 20.
Lore of Fire:
- Harmonic Convergence Upgraded: Armour remained at 30 (meaning the relative power to other armour effects was reduced).
- Curse of the Midnight Wind: Armour increased from -15 to -30. Cost increased from 9 to 11, Upgraded from 13 to 17.
- Comet of Casandora & Upgraded: slight increase in ap explosion damage.
Lore of Death:
- Cascading Fire Cloak: Reduced ap damage to +18%, reduced duration from 19 to 16, reduced cost from 5 to 4.
- Fireball: Reduced cost from 8 to 6, Upgraded cost reduced from 12 to 10.
- Burning Head Upgraded: reduced vortex movement speed by 25%.
- Flame Storm: Slight tweak in detonation force to allow the vortex to deal damage reliably to light entities. Upgraded additionally has a movement speed reduction of 25% and a cost reduction from 26 to 20.
- Aspect of the Dreadknight: duration decreased from 17 to 14. Upgraded duration from 31 to 28. Increased cost of upgraded from 6 to 9.
- Doom & Darkness: Reduced cost from 9 to 7.
- Soulblight & Upgraded: Removed missile damage and leadership debuffs. Armour increased from -15 to -30. Duration from 16 to 20. Upgraded duration from 32 to 40. Cost increased from 8 to 9. Upgraded cost from 13 to 15.
- Fate of Bjuna will now peak against units with more than 36 entities rather than 60 (dealing around 2.7k damage on large). Increased cost to 16.
- Purple Sun of Xereus Upgraded: reduced movement speed of vortex by 25%.
- Increased cost of Command of the Unliving Upgraded from 12 to 18.
Lore of Vampires:
Lore of Metal:
- Increased cost for Raise Dead from 2 to 3. Increased cost of Raise Dead upgraded to 4. Added a 5 second cooldown.
- Doubled power of Curse of Undeath from 4 health per second per unit to 8 health per second per unit.
- Reduced cost of Vanhel’s Danse Macabre from 5 to 4.
- Gaze of Nagash cost reduced from 9 to 8.
Lore of Shadows:
- Plague of Rust: Increased -15 armour to -30 armour and -30 to -60 armour for upgraded. Duration increased from 27 to 44. Costs reduced from 5 to 4 and 7 to 6 respectively.
- Searing Doom: Reduced cost from 6 to 5 for regular and from 9 to 8 for upgraded.
- Glittering Robe: Increased armour from +15 to +30. Duration from 31 to 40. Cost reduced from 8 to 7, Upgraded cost increased from 12 to 14.
- Gehenna’s Golden Hounds: reduced detonation force to increase reliability against light entities. Upgraded also had a 25% reduction in vortex movement speed.
- Final Transmutation: Reduced cost from 16 to 14, Upgraded reduced from 26 to 22.
Lore of the Wild:
- Melkoth’s Mystifying Miasma: Reduced range from 200m to 100m and changed Upgraded to a cast range increase. Upgraded cost reduced from 10 to 8.
- Enfeebling Foe: Reduced cost from 10 to 6. Upgraded cost from 13 to 10.
- The Withering: Armour increased from -15 to -30. Duration increased from 31 to 40. Cost reduced from 13 to 7. Upgraded cost reduced from 16 to 14.
- Okkam’s Mindrazor: Changed +44% ap damage to +36% ap damage. Duration reduced from 32 to 27. Cost reduced from 18 to 10. Upgraded cost changed from 21 to 20.
Lore of Beasts:
- Made cooldown times consistent with other lores of magic.
- Viletide: cost changed from 6 to 5, Upgraded from 10 to 8. Tweaked its explosion force to make damage more reliable against light entities.
- Bray-Scream: cost changed from 7 to 6, Upgraded from 11 to 9.
- Devolve: Damage now peaks against 45 men or more. Damage increased by 50%.
- Traitor-Kin: Cost reduced from 11 to 9. Upgraded from 17 to 16 cost.
- Mantle of Ghorok: Replaced direct damage to self with -30 armour. Duration reduced from 55 to 34. Cost changed from 12 to 11.
- Changed Flock of Doom damage curve to reach max efficiency against targets with 120 men while significantly reducing damage for lower entity count units.
- Increased cost of Flock of Doom upgraded to 12.
- Increased duration of Wyssan’s Wildform from 14 to 18, increased armour to +30, decreased cost to 4.
- Reduced costs of the Amber Spear from 10 to 8, reduced costs of Upgraded from 14 to 12.
- Pann’s Impenetrable Pelt changed from Ward Save to Physical Resistance. Reduced cost of regular from 8 to 7, increased cost of upgraded from 13 to 14.
Lore of Life:
- Reduced power of Life Bloom by 60% from 200 health healed per unit to 80 health.
- Earth Blood: cost increased from 8 to 9. Upgraded cost increased from 12 to 15.
- Flesh to Stone: Armour increased from +45 to +60. Duration increased from 27 to 44 seconds. Cost reduced from 8 to 7. Removed upgraded version.
- Dweller’s Below: Cost reduced from 18 to 17.
Other active abilities:
- Reduced range of Rune of Wrath and Ruin from 75m to 50m.
- Added max 3 uses to Arrow of Kurnous and increased range to 600m.
- Reduced range of Maternal Instinct to 60, increased cooldown to 45.
- Increased duration of Scourge to 43, added +34 attack to effects.
- Axe of Dargo +22% melee damage changed to +16 bonus vs. large.
- Mace of Helsturm, removed +16% Splash attack power from added flaming attacks, duration changed to 29.
- Hellfire Sword, added flaming attacks, reduced duration from 44 to 33.
- Silver Horn of Vengeance, changed effect from +18% to +36%, reduced duration from 44 to 22.
- Sword of Couronne changed to Unique, cost 240. Tweaked effect range to 30m. Removed recharge in melee condition. Increased armour debuff from -15 to -30.
- Horn of the First Beast, changed radius from 45m to 55m.
- Removed +melee damage from Gitsnik, Ghal Maraz, increased duration to 35.
- Removed +melee damage from Starcrusher, removed splash attack power, increased ap damage to +36%.
- Staff of Volans power recharge and power reserve effect increased. Duration decreased from 60 to 24.
- Liber Noctus power recharge and power reserve effect increased. Duration increased from 10 to 27, cooldown increased from 45 to 135.
- Prey of Anath Raema: duration changed from 31 to 22.
- El Syf: duration changed from 38 to 24.
- Slayer of Kings: Changed from +22% weapon damage, +18% ap weapon damage to +44% weapon damage, +36% ap weapon damage. Duration changed from 35 to 28.
- Reikland Runefang: Changed duration from 21 to 29 seconds.
- Rune of Oath & Steel: Armour increased from +15 to +30. Duration increased from 15 to 25.
- Master Rune of Oath & Steel: Armour increased from +30 to +60. Duration increased from 15 to 25.
- Master Rune of Wrath and Ruin: reduced damage with duration decrease from 27 to 20.
- Ballistics Calibration: Duration increased from 40 to 57.
- Entrenchment: Duration increased from 47 to 50.
- Cloak of Mists and Shadows: Replaced Fire & Magic Resistance with +80% physical resistance. Duration decreased from 43 to 22.
- Smoke Bomb: cost increased, duration increased from 16 to 28.
- Grombrindal Has No Fear: duration decreased from 33 to 31.
- Rune Axe of Grombrindal: Duration reduced from 52 to 35.
- Revenge Incarnate: Duration reduced from 43 to 40.
- Spite of Da Bad Moon: Duration reduced from 17 to 13.
- Tricksy Traps: Duration reduced from 29 to 14.
- Stave of Ruinous Corruption: Added recharge in melee condition.
- Hounds of Orion: Tweaked vortex detonation force to improve consistency of damage against lighter entities.
- Frenzy, Primal Fury, Lady’s Blessing, Regeneration, Vigour Mortis, Unholy Lodestone, Balefire, Bloodroar, Swarm of Flies turned into free innate abilities and costs built into MP unit price.
- Get On Wiv’ It effect increased from +4% to +8% charge bonus.
- Deathblow removed splash attack power, replaced with melee damage +12% melee damage.
- Lady’s Blessing changed to a self buff with +20% physical resistance and 1 use, deactivating when routed.
- Lady’s Champion changed to 1 use, deactivate when routing.
- Fixed cost for Rune Helm of Zhufbar from 80 to 238.
- Fixed cost of Something Wicked Comes This Wham from 38 to 80.
- Dark Benediction range changed to 30m.
- Swarm of Flies range changed to 30m.
- Removed imbue poison from Opportunistic Murder.
- Master Rune of Stromni Redbeard range changed to 40m, cost changed to match tier.
- Icon of Vilification base damage bonus changed from +8% to +12% base damage.
- Reduced fatigue restore value of Old Grumblers from 30% to 18%.
- Squiggly Beast: removed active when casting flag. Tweaked
- Changed Black Coach abilities into passives that will activate after 45, 90 and 135 seconds in melee, allowing them to stack. Tweaked values to balance their new cumulative effect.
- Guardians of the Wildwood: Replaced +4 leadership with +8 bonus vs. large.
- Auric Armour: increased regeneration to 8 health per second to match other legendary regen items.
- Crown of Domination: Added Immune to Psychology.
- Crush the Weak: -12 attack, -13 defense changed to -8 attack, -9 defense.
- The Great Book of Grudges: Increased +8 attack to +12 attack.
- High King: Increased cost from 81 to 156.
- Beloved Son of Bretonnia: Increased cost from 81 to 156.
- Slaughterer’s Call: increased tier from uncommon to rare, cost from 161 to 239.
- Soul-Eater: changed radius from 60m to map-wide. Reduced Miscast change debuff from +50% to +25%.
MP Ability Attachments:
- Added Dark Mail to Khazrak.
- Added Filth Mace to Chaos Lords.
- Added Hellfire Sword to Exalted Hero.
- Removed Potions of Foolhardiness from Undead.
- Gave Potions to Beastlords and Dwarf Lords.
- Added Potions of Strength and Speed to Vampire Lords, Strigoi Ghoul Kings.
- Gave Sarthorael the Everwatcher Stand Or Die!
- Added Skull Wand of Kaloth to Orc Shaman.
Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.