Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

The Old Friend - Krell

MrJadeMrJade Senior MemberLansing, MIPosts: 3,759Registered Users
edited July 20 in General Discussion
Obviously, there has been a lot of angst about the RPS/PCGamer article saying CA is moving on. Is the Old Friend still coming, or has it been delayed, or even cancelled?

@Grace_CA

Anyone else have any input? I'm just asking for clarification.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/28/total-warhammer-bretonnia-dlc-ends-first-game/#more-432199

http://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-warhammer-2-is-in-the-works-says-sega-new-total-war-in-the-pipeline/

Edit: Confirmed it is still coming out.

Edit II:
Grace_CA said:

MrJade said:

CnConrad said:

Graden said:

Where did they confirmed that the Old Friend is coming alone? Can someone point me to the source please, I can't find it.

They didn't, all they confirmed was that they are finished creating new dlc for game 1. Likely there is some dlc already finished for game 1.
On Reddit they said that it would come alone. I don't have Reddit-fu, so I can't source you the sauce, but if you can, you could find it.
Yep - I said the Old Friend is arriving alone. Because they are.
Grace_CA said:

'They' as in a singular gender-neutral pronoun, not as in multiple. There is just one Old Friend.

"We wish we’d thought of that…The ‘Old Friend’ is out a little later in the year. It’s just a cool tiny, little thing we thought everyone would like to see, but it’s not a faction or an LL."

Edit III:
Krell?

Confirmed!
Warhammer: 80/100 (http://imgur.com/BRY2BJa)
Attila: 70/100
Rome II: 49/100
Shogun II: 93/100
Napoleon: 58/100
Empire: 53/100
Medieval II: 90/100
Rome I: 88/100
Medieval I: 92/100
Shogun I: 84/100
Post edited by MrJade on

Comments

• Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 1,052Registered Users
    i really hope its coming

The Empire desperately needs sub-factions.

Its ridiculous that Bretonnia has 2 sub-factions, but the Empire has none.
  • GradenGraden Senior Member Posts: 442Registered Users

i really hope its coming

The Empire desperately needs sub-factions.

Its ridiculous that Bretonnia has 2 sub-factions, but the Empire has none.

This.
    CA, can you please show up and give us an answer?
  • thebiglezthebiglez Posts: 383Registered Users
    the fact that bretonnia got two-handed sword cav with their own animations, makes me think Middleheim is the next DLC.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 4,093Registered Users
    thebiglez said:

the fact that bretonnia got two-handed sword cav with their own animations, makes me think Middleheim is the next DLC.

*Middenheim
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Metal noise, blood and fire, tell me what you most desire.

You've got some demon flesh on your bumper, but that's just the way the world is today I'm afraid.
  • GaussiaGaussia Junior Member Posts: 1,224Registered Users
    There have never been any good reason not to believe the old friends is not coming. Anything else is probably fear mongering.

The only questions is how "big" it will be. It could "just" be Borris Toddbringer playable in the campaign without much else, or something more. Also if there will be an accompanying DLC. When the Wood Elfs were released it was clearly said that there would be no other lager DLC, which (weakly) would suggest that there would be another dlc.

My guess would be a Greenskin/Empire Lord pack.

• EizoEizo Posts: 667Registered Users
    Gaussia said:

There have never been any good reason not to believe the old friends is not coming. Anything else is probably fear mongering.

The only questions is how "big" it will be. It could "just" be Borris Toddbringer playable in the campaign without much else, or something more. Also if there will be an accompanying DLC. When the Wood Elfs were released it was clearly said that there would be no other lager DLC, which (weakly) would suggest that there would be another dlc.

My guess would be a Greenskin/Empire Lord pack.

I hope there more lord/unit pack for OWE are coming just to finish off the current core rosters even though that article said that CA is finish with the Old world.

I theorize that Boris is the Old friend.

and for the GS/Empire lord pack I think it would be Markus Wulfhart vs. Snagla Grobspit for The Drakwald forest with units like Knights of the White wolf and Arachnarok Spider with the Spider shrine/ Web lobber
  • MaksboMaksbo Posts: 85Registered Users
    The friend is getting older and older...
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 3,759Registered Users
    @Grace_CA

Seems to be some interest. Not trying to bug you, just gathering information.
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Posts: 543Registered Users
    Relax people, it is in the FLC schedule so it will come, it will not change either.

However for all the fuss it caused, it better be a huge surprise. :D
    VincentNZ said:

Relax people, it is in the FLC schedule so it will come, it will not change either.

However for all the fuss it caused, it better be a huge surprise. :D

I'm just a bit worried. After the Isabella "fun", I'm a bit gun-shy.
  • CarnakCarnak Junior Member Posts: 193Registered Users
    Future content blog still has a new lord before the Old Friend, but both backgrounds seem Empire-like to me...

http://wiki.totalwar.com/images/6/69/FLC_Array_13_01_17.png
  • obippoobippo Member Posts: 1,622Registered Users
    ^the new lord is isabella.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

Carnak said:

Future content blog still has a new lord before the Old Friend, but both backgrounds seem Empire-like to me...

http://wiki.totalwar.com/images/6/69/FLC_Array_13_01_17.png

Unfortunately that new Lord is Isabella. She is both the MWNL4 prize and the FLC Lord on schedule.
  • EizoEizo Posts: 667Registered Users
    ^ the new lord was confirm to be Isabella I believe. just the FLC array hasn't been updated
    Ah, my mistake.
    Carnak said:

Ah, my mistake.

Twas a confusing time. Not to dogpile you.
    MrJade said:

Carnak said:

Ah, my mistake.

Twas a confusing time. Not to dogpile you.
    No sweat. Back to the topic at hand, I'm sure it's still coming. The other lord packs were two opposing heroes, so I doubt that we'll see multiple factions added for empire, unless it might be two rival counts? Probably not.
  • AsamuAsamu Posts: 198Registered Users
    edited March 1
    It's coming. They wouldn't back off of something that they have already stated is coming, because that would be a disaster.

It's possible that it's the mentioned "early adopter bonus" for game 2. As there is now precedent for non-guaranteed FLC with Isabella.

All their statements regarding no more DLC coming for game 1 meant is that the next major paid release will be game 2. It has little bearing on FLC releases between now and then, though I wouldn't expect another FLC release for a few months, hence the thought that it might be the early adopter bonus for game 2.

Tomb Kings, Chaos Dwarfs, and Ogres are still coming, and, of course, are closer to the old world than to the new world and Ulthuan, so DLC/FLC for game 1/old world edition isn't likely to be done with permanently, just temporarily as they move into game 2 and the other unreleased major factions. After that, more releases related to game 1 probably aren't out of the question.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Posts: 405Registered Users
    Looking at the FLC chart could it be a city in Kislev or is it definitely the Empire. I don't know.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 17,553Registered Users
  • GradenGraden Senior Member Posts: 442Registered Users
    edited March 1
    Asamu said:

It's coming. They wouldn't back off of something that they have already stated is coming, because that would be a disaster.

It's possible that it's the mentioned "early adopter bonus" for game 2. As there is now precedent for non-guaranteed FLC with Isabella.

All their statements regarding no more DLC coming for game 1 meant is that the next major paid release will be game 2. It has little bearing on FLC releases between now and then, though I wouldn't expect another FLC release for a few months, hence the thought that it might be the early adopter bonus for game 2.

Tomb Kings, Chaos Dwarfs, and Ogres are still coming, and, of course, are closer to the old world than to the new world and Ulthuan.

I just want Boris man...and it's not just me, I've seen MANY people asking for Middenland / Boris etc..Plus, the Empire desperately needs a subfaction.
    Anyway, I don't know if we get MIddenland or not, at this point any Empire province will do, as long as it offer us a new starting position. Although I'd give anything for Boris.
  • alex33alex33 Posts: 856Registered Users
    Isn't grace's stuff more on the social media side of things? maybe @CA_Whelan is our guy for that?

Especially after grace ate the last guy....
  • ErgiosErgios Posts: 90Registered Users
    alex33 said:

Especially after grace ate the last guy....

Careful, else you might be the next to disappear!
    You know, those Tzeentch cultists got eyes everywhere - literally.
    Then again, maybe you could get some input in her stomach....
  • endurendur Posts: 1,169Registered Users
    I hope its an Empire and Bretonnia RoR pack.
  • MakoTheMakoMakoTheMako Posts: 442Registered Users
    Hoping its Boris Todbringer with an expansion of Middenland/Empire and Beastman rosters. With the Knights Panther chapterhouse in Middenland the FLC could add Knights Panther, Knights of the White Wolf, etc, while also adding in Beastmen units like the Ghorgon, Doombull, etc.

Get a real Boris VS Beastmen vibe.
    Give me Wargor or give me death.

• Blood_DragonBlood_Dragon Senior Member Posts: 812Registered Users
    More factions, more lords, please. I want a "Provinces of the Empire" pack, and a "Dukedoms of Bretonnia" pack, and a "Vampire Bloodlines" pack. Also a pack for the other factions like Tilea and Estalia.

Oh yeah and don't forget about Krell, and Konrad von Carstein.

Come on CA, don't let this golden opportunity to make some more money pass you by.

"Victory or death, there is no other outcome. Honour is everything. I am a knight of the Ordo Draconis, and I will achieve perfection."
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 1,352Registered Users

Oh yeah and don't forget about Krell, and Konrad von Carstein.

-----Red Dox

• Blood_DragonBlood_Dragon Senior Member Posts: 812Registered Users
    @Red_Dox I agree but I've kind of given up hope of them ever adding other bloodlines because they seem to have a fetishistic obsession with the Von Carsteins.

"Victory or death, there is no other outcome. Honour is everything. I am a knight of the Ordo Draconis, and I will achieve perfection."
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Posts: 413Registered Users
    MrJade said:

Obviously, there has been a lot of angst about the RPS/PCGamer article saying CA is moving on. Is the Old Friend still coming, or has it been delayed, or even cancelled?

Eh? What articles? Could you find me the source if you don't mind? I would like to read up on it =)
    Currently waiting for Norsca Race Pack pre-order bonus and Warhammer 2

MrJade said:

Eh? What articles? Could you find me the source if you don't mind? I would like to read up on it =)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/28/total-warhammer-bretonnia-dlc-ends-first-game/#more-432199

http://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-warhammer-2-is-in-the-works-says-sega-new-total-war-in-the-pipeline/