Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game 2 Minor factions

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,429
Okey if we assume that we will get Lustria (Lizardmen) in second game together with high elves and dark elves plus skaven, what other minor non-playable races can we get with the major factions.

Vampires - vampire coast ? Empire outposts ? Chaos warriors ?

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    That's a wild assumption. I see no way for Skaven to be in Game II. DE, HE, Lizardmen, and TKs.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,744
    MrJade said:

That's a wild assumption. I see no way for Skaven to be in Game II. DE, HE, Lizardmen, and TKs.

Aren't tomb kings exclusively old world? There's at least historical Skaven in the new world. Could easily make an argument for Skaven trying to retake ground from lizardmen.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • Berg_Of_The_WestBerg_Of_The_West Registered Users Posts: 601
    edited March 2017
    I'd like to see Estalia come to life and to be playable someday.

The black armor and conquistador helmets with the red and yellow fabric is such a cool looking color scheme.

They also can function as a Spaniard pike-and-shot army... which is a unique (other than Tilea) play style within the Warhammer world.

They got a colony called Santa Magritta in the new world. They are practically conquistadors looking for the lizardmen version of El Dorado

Estalia faction speculation discussion:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/190076/estalia-faction-speculation-discussion/p1

Post edited by Berg_Of_The_West on

MrJade said:

Aren't tomb kings exclusively old world? There's at least historical Skaven in the new world. Could easily make an argument for Skaven trying to retake ground from lizardmen.
    To my point,
    FACT:
    CA has said the maps will all connect. There will be 4 factions per game.
    SPECULATION:
    Skaven are the most requested faction. Keeping then until the Chaos expansion makes sense economically and thematically.
    The whole map will be available for anyone who owns any game. You just can't play the factions you don't own. See BM and WE.
    TKs need to be a "core" faction due to endless Dlc sales capability. This also let's a Game II only owner play on the other continent.
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,429
    I think that the Estalia will work as chaos in old world, sending some expeditions , raiding your lands and razing your cities.

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• GaussiaGaussia Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,260
    Lustria:
    Except for Skaven and the Lizardmen there are Vampire Count, Norscan and Tilean settlements. In the very south there's also a High Elf outpost.

Naggaroth is mostly Wastelands and Dark Elfs, but there's Norscans and Chaos in the very North. I think there's quite a few Beastmens as well.
    MrJade said:

Option number 2 - skaven as pre-order bonus for game 2. =)

Gaussia said:

Lustria:
    Except for Skaven and the Lizardmen there are Vampire Count, Norscan and Tilean settlements. In the very south there's also a High Elf outpost.

Naggaroth is mostly Wastelands and Dark Elfs, but there's Norscans and Chaos in the very North. I think there's quite a few Beastmens as well.

Ok, so no empire/bretonnia outposts?

Bies said:

MrJade said:

That wouldn't make as much sense to me. No DLC for DLC, and the Skaven have a lot of options for DLC. Furthermore, CA confirmed 4 factions per game, and we've only got 8 left, so 4 per game.

Skaven are so requested, and an expansion that has them in it is guaranteed to sell. So if they bundle it with a "Chaos" expansion of CD, Daemons, Ogres, and Skaven, it'll sell.
    Elves are enough of a selling point, along with LM and TKs.
  • Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Registered Users Posts: 1,496
    MrJade said:

Bies said:

MrJade said:

That wouldn't make as much sense to me. No DLC for DLC, and the Skaven have a lot of options for DLC. Furthermore, CA confirmed 4 factions per game, and we've only got 8 left, so 4 per game.

Skaven are so requested, and an expansion that has them in it is guaranteed to sell. So if they bundle it with a "Chaos" expansion of CD, Daemons, Ogres, and Skaven, it'll sell.
    their roster is actually not that large, 21 units in 8ed, and thats if weapon teams end up as 4 different seperate units. pre order bonus is possible for sure

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,895
    While I would exchange the Skaven through Daemons of Chaos, on the minor races you could add the amazons, the norsca outpost, BR outpost and the onces named in the OP.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Registered Users Posts: 1,766
    MrJade said:

Bies said:

MrJade said:

Kinda sounds like your just being biased because you like tomb kings lol
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • az88az88 Registered Users Posts: 3,065
    The Norse have Skeggi, so you'd hope they'd have a raiding presence. There are Amazons, who might be a bit of fun. The Undead pirates have to make it in. You can't not have Undead pirates. In Ulthuan, I'd want goblins in the mountains. They're in the lore and it would keep my slim hopes of Grom alive. Estalia also have a preference.

There's lots of scope for minor factions.

Yeah it would be fun to have them =) , but I think there is little chance that we will get them as faction
    more as mercenaries

Probably not much chance, Bies, but I live in hope. They'd be great as a Lustria version of Beastmen. A horde that show up as a campaign event.
  • Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Registered Users Posts: 1,496
    hah, nice find, amazons in samba outfits? I bet they dance all night. never ending carnival \o/

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
    They at least have models to work from, if CA decide they're worth the investment.
    az88 said:

They at least have models to work from, if CA decide they're worth the investment.

yep, you can create 4-5 different units just from this one, so it is not impossible

• chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038

MrJade said:

They could do it by expanding the map in an L shape, south and west at the same time. If you look at the datamined full map there is a border between Lustria and Nehekara which isn't in the game yet even though there is a body of water separating them. I think Skaven are still more likely because they are easier Lizardmen rivals but Tomb Kings are definitely possible.
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,676
    Can't wait for the amazons being an empire clone and bringing steam tanks and heavily armoured cavalry to battle
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• Horus168Horus168 Registered Users Posts: 578
    I'd expect lots of roving savage orc and beastmen tribes in lustria.
    There's lots of scope for demonic incursions in naggarythe and ulthuan, but maybe they want to save that for game 3.
    I was playing isabella the other day, and there was an event that mentioned that a minor von carstein had made it to lustria; so there are signs a nest of vc is planned.

Maybe escaped slaves from naggaroth to give a minor human faction?

Theres loads of possibilities for minor factions in the new world.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,767
    Well I bet we'll see a few Dark Elves city-states, some High Elves nations, some Lizardmen temple-states...Amazons, hopefully, the odd beastmen and greenskin horde spawning to be an annoyance...CA tends to find a way. :tongue:
    Don't worry.
    If the third von Carsteins LL starts in Lustria, that'd be fun. People will want Harkon, but a von Carstein will do.

MrJade said:

Bies said:

MrJade said:

Kinda sounds like your just being biased because you like tomb kings lol
    Not really. I'm a 40k fan. If anything, I'm a Dorf/HE fan.
  • RamyRockRamyRock Registered Users Posts: 10
    I hope to see the faction of Estalia.
  • WolverineStarkWolverineStark Registered Users Posts: 11
    Estalia
    and Araby please
    Pirazzo and his Lost Legion as major player for Estalia ? Correct me if i thinking wrong =)

MrJade said:

MrJade said:

MrJade said:

To my point,
    FACT:
    CA has said the maps will all connect. There will be 4 factions per game.
    SPECULATION:
    Skaven are the most requested faction. Keeping then until the Chaos expansion makes sense economically and thematically.
    The whole map will be available for anyone who owns any game. You just can't play the factions you don't own. See BM and WE.
    TKs need to be a "core" faction due to endless Dlc sales capability. This also let's a Game II only owner play on the other continent.
    To be fair, that is our assumption at this point. CA has said that the games will all tie in together. They have not said how that will work or if you'll get the other areas if you don't own those games. You're making that assumption based on how DLC has worked for this game. I'm not saying that won't happen, just that it is speculation. Not fact. That also means that people who only own game 2 are completely separate from the other main races of the game which seems unlikely and would only work in the scenario you describe of anyone who purchase one game gets all of the map content from the others.

MrJade said:

They could do it by expanding the map in an L shape, south and west at the same time. If you look at the datamined full map there is a border between Lustria and Nehekara which isn't in the game yet even though there is a body of water separating them. I think Skaven are still more likely because they are easier Lizardmen rivals but Tomb Kings are definitely possible.
    I really have no idea which is "more likely" just because we don't really have much information to go on other than the data mine and how still set that is. Which if I'm not mistaken listed tomb kings as dlc for this game which I don't think is going to happen. The fact that they have said they've expanded their plans though hopefully means we do get more minor factions and minor races. I'll love to see factions with slight roster updates in the new world like vampire pirates or entirely new minor races like amazons.
  • wingren013wingren013 Registered Users Posts: 1,032
    Lustria has some human and vampire colonies. Beastmen and Orcs on the continent were both exterminated by the Lizardmen. Naggaroth has Dark Elves on the coast and huge hordes of orcss and beastmen inland, with Chaos hordes pressing from the north. Ulthuan has orcs in some of the mountains.