Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game 2 Minor factions

Comments

• BlingermanBlingerman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 356
    Well perhaps they are a minority taste as they are not very tasty. Probably with ghorgons and jabber they would be different. I have all the DLC but I am still waiting for a more proper roster to feel good in a Beastmen campaign.
  • az88az88 Registered Users Posts: 3,065

You just want another big expensive monster unit to shoot to death, you sadist >:)

I want something for my White Lions to eat, as they're bound to get anti-large.
  • EizoEizo Registered Users Posts: 1,016
    try playing the TT, every monster no matter how cool or how unkillable they are in the lore, a few lucky cannon shot can wipe them out like no body business
  • Berg_Of_The_WestBerg_Of_The_West Registered Users Posts: 601
    edited March 2017
    *Repost for awareness. I didn't want my idea to die off in the forgotten realms of this forum :p *

Don't forget the Tuskgor chariot! Couldn't they reskin the ork boar chariot with some minor mutated piggies?

It could function as the poor man's chariot.

It would be funny if they gave it vanguard deployment and hide in woods! I'd love to have this thing come crashing out from the woods towards some poor soul's flank!

It would definitely be a unique/lore friendly chariot mechanic within Warhammer

Eizo said:

try playing the TT, every monster no matter how cool or how unkillable they are in the lore, a few lucky cannon shot can wipe them out like no body business

Most people didn't use enough terrain in Warhammer. Thankfully, Kings of War has incorporated that lesson.
  • MakoTheMakoMakoTheMako Registered Users Posts: 1,246
    Priority additions for Beastmen:

Wargor > Tuskgor Chariot > Doombull > Ghorgon > Great Bray Shamans > Jabberslythe

die about it

Wargor > Tuskgor Chariot > Doombull > Ghorgon > Great Bray Shamans > Jabberslythe

Why would the Wargor be first?
    az88 said:

Because Wargor is bae and Beastmen need something to buff up Ungors and Gors and to lead Vanguard forces while the Lord is occupied.

Also it would mean nerfing the Gorebull to stop being the be all end all best Hero in the game.

die about it

az88 said:

Because Wargor is bae and Beastmen need something to buff up Ungors and Gors and to lead Vanguard forces while the Lord is occupied.

Also it would mean nerfing the Gorebull to stop being the be all end all best Hero in the game.
    But as Beastmen do have a quality combat hero with goid buffs, would the Wargor really be your first choice?
    Now that you put it that way... A vanguard deploy-able hero to help lead deep/hidden herds of units does sound like a really cool mechanic for the beastmen.
    az88 said:

az88 said:

But as Beastmen do have a quality combat hero with goid buffs, would the Wargor really be your first choice?
    The Gorebull is horribly overpowered BECAUSE CA gave him the Wargors buffing power to fill the gap of the Wargors absence. If they add the Wargor, they would take the buffing away from the Gorebull.

die about it

az88 said:

az88 said:

The Gorebull is horribly overpowered BECAUSE CA gave him the Wargors buffing power to fill the gap of the Wargors absence. If they add the Wargor, they would take the buffing away from the Gorebull.
    I agree, I'm just not sure he'd top my list.
    edited March 2017
    Well it would also take very little effort. Take the beastlord model, give him a shield so he's identifiably different from the dual wield beastlord and the great weapons Bestigors, and give him the Gorebulls buffs. Done. Give him Crown of Horns skill in single player so he has a great leadership aura.

die about it

edited March 2017

Well it would also take very little effort. Take the beastlord model, give him a shield so he's identifiably different from the dual wield beastlord and the great weapons Bestigors, and give him the Gorebulls buffs. Done. Give him Crown of Horns skill in single player so he has a great leadership aura.

The Wargor is your means of keeping your lesser beasts in the fight when your Beastlord isnt nearby, and is absolutely essential for leading flanking forces and ambushing forces.

die about it

• EizoEizo Registered Users Posts: 1,016
    not sure if a wagon wheel makes a good shield but ehh if it works it works
    I mean they already have the skeletons and animations for the Gors with shields.

die about it

edited March 2017
    I'm not sure where you would categorize the Pestigors... would they fit in with the beastmen... or deamons of chaos?

We can bury the tzaangors with the rest of the Age of Sigmar crap.
    Although I got to admit... the models do look cool

I mean, since you can't assign marks of chaos to units (Pestigors/Khornegors, etc are all just Bestigors with Marks), they'd have to make them unit variants. I don't want four variants of each unit, that's way too much bloat.

Ungors (every variant) (Mark of ____) X4

Gors (both variants) (Mark of ____) X4

Too much bloat.

die about it

Fair enough. I can get by that
    Tzaangor date back to 3rd edition's Realm of Chaos, so they should make it in if the others do.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,780

Argumentum ad populum. Just because Beastmen fans are a minority doesn't mean we're wrong for wanting our units, or that that we're wrong for saying Beastmen need their missing units more than the Empire needs theirs.

Let they who hath not whined about Boris Todbringer. Middenland, Repanse or Neferata cast the first stone.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
    I want more Boris with a fleshed out playable Middenland , especially if it brings more Beastmen units along with it.

The Boris VS Beastmen thing is one of my favorite things in Fantasy.

die about it

I want more Boris with a fleshed out playable Middenland , especially if it brings more Beastmen units along with it.

The Boris VS Beastmen thing is one of my favorite things in Fantasy.

Which is why the Beastmen starting positions are so odd.
    Getting back on topic. I'd really like it if they implement Estalia as a playable minor faction in the second game someday. They have ties in both Araby and the new world. Their faction kinda ties the whole world together with temple raids in Lustria and getting invaded by Araby.

• BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,429
    Not hard to do them, they did it before, they can do it now ;)

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

In youtube video about dark elves it seems that dark elves (Morathi) had some cooperation with vampire coast (Luthor Harkon).
    Potential trading partners in game 2 ?

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Some units

• OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    I know I'm late to the discussion -

Beside the Lizardmen and the Skaven of Clan Pestilens, the most important factions in Lustria would propably be ( in no particular order ) -

Skeggi is the oldest and most important human settlement in Lustria, founded by Norscans who discovered the continent centuries ago. While still chaos worshippers, in comparison to most of their Old World bretheren the Norscans of Skeggi are considered more even tempered - and as a result, Skeggi is used as a trading post and base of operation by expedition forces from all over the Old World.

The Amazons might be the second strongest power in Lustria, after the Lizardmen. Amazons have been fighting both against and alongside the Lizardmen during the past and are known to sell their services as guides and mercenaries to foreign expeditions. The origin of the Amazons is a bit of a mystery; no one knows if they are actually human or even mortal or not - one theory is that they are descendants of the first Norscans to arrive in Lustria.
    Amazons use their own lore of magic - the Lore of Serpent.

Pygmies are a people of short, almost halfling sized humans ( or potentially near-humans ) who, like the Lizardmen, worship the Slann. They are physically weak but have a reputation for being possibly the best jungle fighters out there.

The Zombie Pirates of the Vampire Coast lead by the infamous vampire Captain Luthor Harkon. The Zombie Pirates mostly consist of drowned sailors whos ships shelled against the cliffs in the dangerous waters of the Vampire coast. Harkon ( litterally ) shattered his mind years ago, when trying to force open a chamber protected by powerful runes created by the Old Ones ( creators of the Warhammer world ) - the incident left him schizophrenic and cut him off from the winds of magic, making it impossible for him to cast spells. The Zombie Pirates may not be able to rely on potent magic, many warbeasts, elite skeletal forces or any form of cavalry - but they pack a lot of fire power. Harkon's pride possession is the "Queen Bess", a ginormous naval gun salvaged from an imperial Hellhammer barge.

Savage Orcs do make appearances in Lustria, but they don't seem to be as strong in numbers as in the Old World.

Expeditionary forces from the Empire and Tilea, as many old worlders flock to the new continent in search of riches. In the next expansion, Lizardmen players are possibly gonna have to face invasions lead by the "discoverer" Marco Colombo or (less likely) Fernado Pirazzo, mercenary captain and commander of the Lost Legion ( who'd later fight against the Zombie Pirates for the Lizardmen, when they spared his and his men's lives after raiding a Temple dedicated to the Old Ones ).
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,968
    A couple of points:

There is actually a full origin story for the Amazons in the 5E Lizardmen book (p13), although it might have been retconned out. Basically, they were the wives and husband-hunters of Skeggi, who at one stage had to take up arms to defend the settlement when their husbands were out on an expedition (the story implies, but does not explicitly say, that their husbands never returned). Some refused to set down their arms when the danger was past and the ranks of male defenders had been reinforced, and were exiled. Since their exile, they appear to have shifted in their religion, adopting the Lizardmen gods instead of the Norse gods

I wouldn't call them any kind of major power, though - they inhabit a single island in the mouth of the Amaxon river, and pretty much stay there. Skeggi and the Vampire Coast are probably both militarily stronger.

Furthermore, despite whatever might be on the model, in the fluff Marco Columbo worked with, rather than against, the Lizardmen, although at one point some of his men mutinied and went raiding despite his orders. (5E Liazardmen book, p50-55)