Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ariel the old friend?

Comments

• SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,012
    MrJade said:

SiWI said:

Indypride said:

They can add whatever they want. Krell isn't a Vampire, and he doesn't have to be a legendary lord either. Green knight was our first officially branded legendary hero, Krell could be the 2nd. And people, including Kemmler himself, have been asking where he's been since launch. He makes ALOT of sense as the Old Friend.

But so does Boris todbringer

NO, Green Knight WASN'T THE FIRST officially branded legendary hero! Ghost Heroes of Belegar were the first!! Get Your information straight!!!

No matter which side of the debate You're on, using false arguments is unacceptable!!!!
    Actually your are both wrong.

Legendary Hero would mean, respawns after getting wound.

And the ghost of Belgar don't do this.

The GK is a special game mechanic and has little to do with the actually idea of LH.

And you can't turn all of the named heroes into GK like mechanics...
    CA calls the Green Knight a Legendary Hero, and is called this in the game, as far as I know. But certainly during the announcement of Bretonnia and the Green Knight, CA said that he was the first Legendary Hero. So... There's that...
    Where?
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    The Old Friend won't be Ariel as she is in a DLC race, and any free content for them will not be on the FLC schedule. I do hope she is added when the Old Friend (Which I think we could hear about as soon as Tuesday btw.) is added, as this could be the last patch for game 1. The Wood Elves are also the major race with the least impact on the wider Warhammer world, which means that it is conceivable that they could get no additions during the rest of the trilogy, so they need a 3rd LL before game 2.
  • HircaneHircane Registered Users Posts: 119

An old friend could be anything (including nonhuman ) . After the latest discovery by modders ( they found unit cards for naval units after brettonia expansion) , it could be naval battle!!

Wow that is litterally so cool! Could you give me the sourse of that? I would love to see naval battles!
    Hircane said:

An old friend could be anything (including nonhuman ) . After the latest discovery by modders ( they found unit cards for naval units after brettonia expansion) , it could be naval battle!!

Wow that is litterally so cool! Could you give me the sourse of that? I would love to see naval battles!
    Sorry forget what I just said I noticed the answer of another poster.

The Old Friend won't be Ariel as she is in a DLC race, and any free content for them will not be on the FLC schedule. I do hope she is added when the Old Friend (Which I think we could hear about as soon as Tuesday btw.) is added, as this could be the last patch for game 1. The Wood Elves are also the major race with the least impact on the wider Warhammer world, which means that it is conceivable that they could get no additions during the rest of the trilogy, so they need a 3rd LL before game 2.

How do you know we will be getting information on the old friend so soon?
    Red_Dox said:

Then

See the Vampire architecture?

Now

Then

I wonder if the background gives us a clue of what to expect...

Now

Then

Hey, that is a vampire siege tower. May it be a clue what race that LL will be?

Now

Then

Hey, that is Empire architecture in the background

Now
    surley it must be Krell/Ariel/Nagash/etc.!

btw. No one has so far stated, that the "Old Friend" FLC will be a LL. Could still be a playable Kislev race pack. Since at least they are "friends" of the Empire ;)

------Red Dox

Seems legit. Thank you for making this comment. I am now rather sure that the new FLC will be Todbringer or something empire related. I was just hoping it would be ariel since I felt like she was a missing key element!
  • IzzyStradlin#2842IzzyStradlin#2842 Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonRegistered Users Posts: 11,625
    Indypride said:

I think there are three things it can be, and none of them is Ariel.

The Empire is the only race currently without subfactions or unique start positions. So it could definitely be Boris Todbringer, who has been around since the Call of the Beastmen DLC, starting in Middenheim. I think this is what most people think it will be. The Middenland Runefang is a unique quest item in campaign, he's well fleshed out, and I just cant imagine him not making it in as a Legendary Lord at some point. Sooner rather than later, probably. By the same logic, the Red Duke and Mousillon seem very likely to be added at SOME point, but we dont know when.

ORRR, and I think this is still a somewhat likely option, we get this bad boy:

I think Krell fits the definition of "An Old friend" better than anyone in Warhammer fantasy. And Kemmler is due for some love, in fact CA themselves said over in the Balance forums they'd be giving him more love at some point. I'm not gona find the quote, I dont remember what thread. What specifically do they mean by "love"? We dont know, but there is only one question we should be asking ourselves at this point.

WHERE IS KRELL?

Hold on, why can't it be Ariel?
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
    Hircane said:

How do you know we will be getting information on the old friend so soon?
    Because they normally do DLC roughly every month, with them informing us about it around the middle of that month. I believe that they are running on a tight schedule right now, with game 2 being announced as early next month. This means that they are likely to want to get the Old Friend and possible DLC out as soon as possible. They are running out of time.
  • MakoTheMakoMakoTheMako Registered Users Posts: 1,246

Shall I put you out of misery. It's likely Krell, since you can currently play him as a legendary lord, as Mousillon. And that is without any mods, so.

You ARE aware that the Mousillon unlocker ADDS Krell and Kemmler to the faction, right? They're not in it without mods...

Check your facts, dude.

die about it

• MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,166
    edited March 2017
    SiWI said:

MrJade said:

CA calls the Green Knight a Legendary Hero, and is called this in the game, as far as I know. But certainly during the announcement of Bretonnia and the Green Knight, CA said that he was the first Legendary Hero. So... There's that...

Where?
    Steam page, "Summon the legendary Green Knight when the need is dire."

It was in one of their announcements, but I can't find it, since they have removed the stickies, and the search function doesn't seem to sort by date. I have some Feb 28th posts, and then May 2016 on the same screen and randomly interspersed.

EDIT: Redditor agrees that CA called him a LH. https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/5uy5wf/more_info_from_day_2_of_the_weekender/
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,842
    Hircane said:

https://imgur.com/a/fjAjA#pCuVa92

:)
    Don't worry.
    edited March 2017
    Setrus said:

Hircane said:

https://imgur.com/a/fjAjA#pCuVa92

:)
    Note that the cards are old and were discovered a long time ago, however, CA has started recently adding in Naval Values into the game. See this thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/189002/more-hope-for-naval-warfare/p1https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/189002/more-hope-for-naval-warfare/p1

Hold on, why can't it be Ariel?

CA stated that they didn't like her leading armies, and the background points to the Empire as the focus of the Old Friend FLC.

• TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749

Did you forget Morgor for the Beastmen ;)
    Died during the great YOYO wars
    MrJade said:

SiWI said:

MrJade said:

Where?

It was in one of their announcements, but I can't find it, since they have removed the stickies, and the search function doesn't seem to sort by date. I have some Feb 28th posts, and then May 2016 on the same screen and randomly interspersed.

EDIT: Redditor agrees that CA called him a LH. https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/5uy5wf/more_info_from_day_2_of_the_weekender/
    That's your evidence?

One page without the word hero and a quote from reddit in quotations?

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701

*Morghur
    SiWI said:

MrJade said:

SiWI said:

MrJade said:

Where?

That's your evidence?

ingame text iirc refers to the Green Knight as "a legendary Hero" or so
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 3,054
    I saw Legendary Hero on a post here. I don't go anywhere else for news.

And sorry but I can't be bothered to look for a source!
    SiWI said:

MrJade said:

SiWI said:

MrJade said:

Where?

That's your evidence?

Again, the sticky is gone, so yes. You do you though man. I'm not the thought police.
  • az88az88 Registered Users Posts: 3,073
    If a special character who is implemented into the game as a hero isn't a Legendary Hero, what is?
  • TheOrganKingTheOrganKing Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 990

ah yes, but Morghur isn't on the FLC chart, despite being FLC. Everything on the FLC chart has been something that everyone can use. The two FLC additions that aren't on the chart are the Morghur/harpies FLC, and the extra units for WoC FLC. They aren't on the chart because only the people who own the DLC's for the said race's can access them.
    "Chaos strong. Gors strong. Humans, Elves, Dwarf — weak. We win. We fight, we kill, one day we win. One day soon. You — if you lucky, we eat you, make you into part of us, make you better than you, stronger than any of you, stronger than all of you. Once this arm weak, like you. I eat many of your kind, now I strong."
    —Karzog, Beastigor Charioteer.
    MrJade said:

SiWI said:

MrJade said:

SiWI said:

MrJade said:

Where?

That's your evidence?

Again, the sticky is gone, so yes. You do you though man. I'm not the thought police.
    because actually carring what is true is "though police"?
    BTW: what exactly did you to the guy you claim was wrong?
    Was that also "though police"?
    az88 said:

If a special character who is implemented into the game as a hero isn't a Legendary Hero, what is?

heroes of the TT implement and recruit-able, who are immortal in nature and have special stats in comparison to normal heroes but otherwise similar to them. Just like LL are similar to generic lords, minus immortality, quest and special stats/items/skills.

The GK is a special game mechanic unique to BR and deeply embedded in they special "chivalry economy".

The fact alone that you only have very limited times with him is telling, isn't it.
    edited March 2017

He wasn't on the future content blog. If Ariel is also added, she won't have been either.

EDIT: OrganKing also said this above.
    SiWI said:

az88 said:

heroes of the TT implement and recruit-able, who are immortal in nature and have special stats in comparison to normal heroes but otherwise similar to them. Just like LL are similar to generic lords, minus immortality, quest and special stats/items/skills.

The GK is a special game mechanic unique to BR and deeply embedded in they special "chivalry economy".

The fact alone that you only have very limited times with him is telling, isn't it.
    Not really. You seem to want a very specific kind of implementation for you to count anything as a legendary hero.

The Green Knight is a special character hero who is implemented in a lore friendly way.

If he doesn't count as a legendary hero, something is wrong with your definition.
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,744
    edited March 2017
    @SiWI Read the Bretonnia steam page dude. Go down to the Green knight section. It literally says "he appears as a Legendary Hero character with preset skills and abilities". He's a legendary hero
    edited March 2017
    az88 said:

SiWI said:

az88 said:

Not really. You seem to want a very specific kind of implementation for you to count anything as a legendary hero.

The Green Knight is a special character hero who is implemented in a lore friendly way.

If he doesn't count as a legendary hero, something is wrong with your definition.
    Or your are eager to have something in the game you can call "legendary hero", so you can fool yourself that the likes of Schwartzhelm, Luthor Huss ect are coming as LH and not just will be promoted to LL's.

Ask yourself:
    does any other heroes candidate would work the way the GK does for the other races, specially the once who have already establish game mechanics?
    Would it make sense that Schwartzhelm gets a "YX" meter that would case you to summon him around 4x for 15th turns ?
    Luthor Huss?
    Or anyone?

Nope.
    It only makes sense in the context of the BR to let the GK work the way he does.

IF he weren't tied to a specific currency, which you need to win the game, and recruit-able/pick-able, then yes he would be a LH (thou in the TT he was originally both hero and lord).

But as its stands:
    he is one of the unique mechanics of the BR. There is no hint that CA will copy it for other races, let alone for all of them. The concept CA uses here is simply not one which makes sense to do for everyone.
    And one thing about LL's that every race gets them.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,472
    This is getting embarrassing.

It's a bloody game, it doesn't actually matter. Certainly not enough to get snitty with each other over.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,686
    Please don't assume green knight's level of legendaryness. #GKLM
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• Eldrick#6807Eldrick#6807 Registered Users Posts: 763
    Red_Dox's summary has nailed it - its definitely Empire based, or the FLC portrait backdrop goes against all previous logic.

I do seem to remember reading somewhere the the Old Friend was confirmed as a LL?
  • SirEyeballSirEyeball Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 80
    Fingers crossed for a new startpos for the Empire be it Boris or Kislev. Have they announced a release date approx for the next FLC?
    I watch
    And learn
    I'm not actually all that bothered about Legendary Heroes making it in for other races, Siwi. So, no, I'm not reaching here.

But IF the Green Knight somehow doesn't count it's an odd state of affairs indeed.