Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Medieval III?

DertroksDertroks Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello there forum dwellers,

I'm an old Total War player, (played Medieval I, Rome I, Medieval II, Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2, Rome 2, Warhammer) + all the addons. I've been running through YouTube and stumbled upon an amazing video with Medieval 2 Total War Soundtrack, and I've realised, that I haven't enjoyed TW much recently. Can't pinpoint why, but my interest to Warhammer died as soon as I conquered all that could be with vampires. Haven't played for roughly a year or two now...

So, back to the point. If I recall correctly, Medieval II came out 10 years ago, in 2007, thus I'd think that it would be a nice idea to get a remaster of that awesome game. And I mean remaster. Old way of fighting models and such... (vets will know). Whilst I understand that such a feat is not possible within 2017, I, and am sure - many others would be incredibly happy to see Medieval III being developed (maybe announce this year :smile: ). But again, desperately pointing this out - old mechanics. Old battle movements (unit movements), and I think we could agree that in terms of immersion the Medieval 2 soundtrack and map were one of the best, if not the best. As such I'd hope to see the old map design (no regions and things like that).

Thank you for reading this wall of text, I would be very glad if you could somehow support this so developers could see

P.S. Yes I just registered to the forums, first time. And yes, to write this.
P.P.S. Maybe do something like CD Project Red? We would sure as hell like to see all countries as playable (and not 4 like in WH)...

Comments

• CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 852Registered Users
    Ca has said the next TW is a new era they haven't covered before in the next historic TW so wont be Medieval 3.

They've also said in an old interview they don't plan to do the 3rd iteration of any games soon, although that was a few years ago.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 13,564Registered Users
    Play Warhammer as Bretonnia. That's pretty much MTW3.

if you want a remaster, well I doubt CA will do it. MTW2 was fun, but game mechanics are outdated now.
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code][code] in your post
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 11,881Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited March 14
    I've little to no interest in another Medieval game right now.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Medic2810Medic2810 Posts: 23Registered Users
    Lets review.
    Medieval II was the best Total War.

Medieval III would be great.

This should be done.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 7,701Registered Users
    Medic2810 said:

Lets review.
    Medieval II was the best worst, most overrated Total War.

FTFY

Medieval3 would be worth it simply so we could have a medieval title that isn't hopelessly obsolete and suffering from bad design choices galore.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 5,791Registered Users
    I actually think that whenever Medieval III comes, there will be outcry how bad CA has "**** up a classic"...

Since I'm pretty sure that "Rome II would be the greatest TW ever" was a thing before Rome II (which did have problems don't get me wrong).
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 594Registered Users
    SiWI said:

I actually think that whenever Medieval III comes, there will be outcry how bad CA has "**** up a classic"...

Since I'm pretty sure that "Rome II would be the greatest TW ever" was a thing before Rome II (which did have problems don't get me wrong).

I agree
    see people forget that times have changed and so has the market
    has the complexity have the developers
    that makes sure that a remake will most of the time not safety the ones who want the remake the most simply because of the above
    S2 is an exception IMHO
  • CnlSandersdeKFCCnlSandersdeKFC Posts: 2Registered Users
    I'd love a Medieval III. Medieval II was the game that got me into the franchise, and I've always thought the setting was the one that most fit the franchise mechanics. That said, I do not want "Just a remaster." Medieval II was great for the time, but it is severely outdated. Attila finally perfected the basic mechanics of the franchise as far as I'm concerned and any new game would have to incorporate everything that game achieved.