Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CK II and Napoleon Total War

IanSimpson19IanSimpson19 Posts: 2Registered Users
Just looking for a civil conversation about these two games.

Comments

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 9,441Registered Users
    okay, but I'm afraid this is the wrong place.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,853Registered Users
    This is the General discussion of Total war Warhammer forum S:
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,133Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to the Napoleon Total War forum.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    We can talk about ntw but not ck2
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • GreyKnightDantesGreyKnightDantes Posts: 190Registered Users
    edited March 2017
    Well......one has very good battle mechanics with a slightly okayish nation building mechanic.......while the other has amazing nation building mechanic but a non-existence battle simulation (looking at numbers is what stopped me from playing much)
    ==========================================================================================
    When you are trying hard not to burn people but you smell heresy in the air...

• EmperorOfRomeEmperorOfRome Senior Member Posts: 594Registered Users
    I have both games. They are two different games. CK2 is fun for creating a crazy (or realistic) medieval kingdom or empire and having a powerful dynasty. its focus is on building the dynasty. In Napoleon Total War, the focus is on the battle, by commanding it, but also the logistics of war, of when to place the army where, when to build units, how to sustain a war economy, etc.

Also both play in a different era.
    Pro gloria Imperi!