Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Terry Feedback General

CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 124Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
If you have any problems with or suggestions for the Terry Battle Map Editor please submit them here for easier viewing. We can't promise any instant solves but it's good to have all the information in one place so we can access it all. Feel free to suggest features but do remember we are still in beta.

Comments

• UrgatUrgat Posts: 251Registered Users
    Hello, two things, please:
    1) how do we correct the "'terrain oriented' flag is not supported by the game, inside a prefab" error?
    2) grn_cliff_of_a, b, c (and other things) don't show in Terry, although they show ingame... is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
    Cheers
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Posts: 417Registered Users
    Urgat said:

1) how do we correct the "'terrain oriented' flag is not supported by the game, inside a prefab" error?
    2) grn_cliff_of_a, b, c (and other things) don't show in Terry, although they show ingame... is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
    Cheers

About the point 2, the same happened to me, or at least similar, and apparently I solved it reinstalling the Assembly Kit and restarting the PC.

And by the way, I have an issue with the shadows of some building assets, I cant turn off the shadows, I uncheck the cast shadows box but nothing happens.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,582Registered Users
    I'm assuming you guys saw my post loaded with feedback? haha

@Urgat

@Ice_cream

guys make sure you join the discord if you get a chance, you can talk to a lot of other map makers.

https://discord.gg/ta7Xt6u
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,582Registered Users
    @CA_Whelan I wasn't aware that Terry was still in Beta. I thought the OWE was the launch of Terry, no? Either way, that's good news. I will ask here anyway, even though I may sound like a broken record. Is there any chance we can get a high level list of things that are planned on being worked on for Terry? I feel like most of the improvements people will need is to be based around AI. Most of the tools for doing everything is there.

There are some things like being able to mirror elements (flip them 180 exactly) and such, can be found in this thread here.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/192535/ca-can-we-get-an-update-on-plans-for-terry-please#latest

The map making community really is growing and getting organised, but it would be great if we could have some high level direction for our organising purposes! :)

LOVE the editor. We love it very much. I think it's probably one of the best decisions you've ever made as a company. Relative to the game itself, this is pretty much exactly what Warhammer needed.

Oh, one more thing. If it's easy to do, would it be possible to allow us to add our own assets or add a bunch of new assets in? Again, lower priority, imo.
  • EldragonEldragon Posts: 0Registered Users
    Hello. I am experiencing some error issues with exporting my maps from Terry and I have run out of ideas how to solve my problem, so I write here. I hope I am in the right place.

So, I downloaded Terry Battle Map Editor. Everything went just fine till I tried to export my map into a game. After few moments of procesing, it failed and I was unable to find my map between my mods in the launcher.

I have no skills with modding, so now I am pretty much clueless about what to do.

After unsuccessful exporting, I am able to display an error log from Bob subprogram. It speaks about startpos file not being found after running game. It also seems to be connected to some "Campaign / Process start pos (wh_dlc03_beastmen)" path.

I thought at first, that it reminds me to draw starting positions for armies, but it seems that this is not the case. I tried to create just a plain map without a scratch. It got still the same error even after I added starting positions.

Is somebody able to help me please? I would be really glad If I could try my own maps :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

bennymcl said:

I'm assuming you guys saw my post loaded with feedback? haha

@Urgat

@Ice_cream

guys make sure you join the discord if you get a chance, you can talk to a lot of other map makers.

https://discord.gg/ta7Xt6u

Thanks for that info, I will join now.
    Ice_cream said:

About the point 2, the same happened to me, or at least similar, and apparently I solved it reinstalling the Assembly Kit and restarting the PC.

I tried it, unfortunately it didn't work, thanks for the suggestion though, I should have started with that anyway.

Thanks for the info bennymcl, but I'm not a native English speaker, I understand Discord is a vocal chat app, there's plenty of things I wouldn't undestand, so I'll stick to written format.
  • AardwolfAardwolf Posts: 234Registered Users
    So like my title says, I click export and the small window comes up that says 'processing' after a few seconds it says 'finished processing' with the map's path, but right at the bottom it says 'process failed. click here for details.' clicking there does nothing, and the project errors window says it's valid. I've tried it with a very basic map now (literally only deployment zones 'Default, alliance 0 & 1, id 0 & 0 and a playable area just inside the grid).

Can anyone please help, I really want to join in on the chivalry competition.
    For Sigmar! For Karl Franz! For the Empire!
    Team Empire!
    Baaaaaaagh!
    Team Beastmen!

Check out my list of tactics (WIP) for some tactical manoeuvres and youtube channels covering tactics in Total War games:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/178520/advanced-tactics-discussion
  • AardwolfAardwolf Posts: 234Registered Users
    edited March 15
    Edited: I removed my comment as I didn't properly read the OP before making a complaint... Apologies
    For Sigmar! For Karl Franz! For the Empire!
    Team Empire!
    Baaaaaaagh!
    Team Beastmen!

Check out my list of tactics (WIP) for some tactical manoeuvres and youtube channels covering tactics in Total War games:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/178520/advanced-tactics-discussion
    Urgat said:

Ice_cream said:

I tried it, unfortunately it didn't work, thanks for the suggestion though, I should have started with that anyway.

Thanks for the info bennymcl, but I'm not a native English speaker, I understand Discord is a vocal chat app, there's plenty of things I wouldn't undestand, so I'll stick to written format.
    Is both, vocal and written format, so you can join without problem.
  • slimabobslimabob Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited March 16
    I was using Terry last night, and everything started out fine. After about an hour, I began experiencing seriously bad frame drops and decided to call it a night. This morning, I booted up Terry and all of my entities were invisible. I reinstalled the tool and this is what I was greeted with:

https://gfycat.com/HighGaseousAplomadofalcon

I have tried:
    • Verifying integrity of tool cache
    • Uninstalling / reinstalling
    • Creating a new project
    • Changing the shader mode
    • Updating graphics drivers
    This is really frustrating and I'd like to get back to creating maps- but whatever is wrong here makes it pretty tough to work on any projects.

EDIT: specs below:
    • GTX 980
    • Intel Xeon E3-1231v3
    • 32GB ram
    • TW:WH & Terry are installed on an SSD

EDIT2: Just tried restarting my computer and things are even more broken now...
    Post edited by slimabob on
  • WakaWaka3000WakaWaka3000 Junior Member Posts: 35Registered Users
    @slimabob I have had issues with Terry in the past, and what I have found is that simply uninstalling the tool isn't enough and won't remove all of the tool's files. What worked for me is if I uninstalled thru steam, went to where terry's files are stored, which is

steam/steamapps/common/totalwarwarhammer/assembly_kit

From there, I just deleted everything in that folder. You will lose any maps you have made, but it should fix the issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Separately, one issue that I seem to be having even after a complete reinstall of terry (this suggests that the issue has manifested itself again due to a bug in the tool itself) is that when working on a map, saving it, and then exporting it but then continuing to work on it after the export, certain actors seem to go "missing." That is, the map editor recognizes their existence, but they aren't displayed in the editor. This is apparent because these objects will be invisible in the editor, but you can still select them because they have the bounding box around them when you select them. It most commonly makes the reference objects like the default reference soldier disappear, but on my chaos map I was making, it also made certain buildings disappear

This has happened to me twice, and having this happen to one map makes it happen to all my maps (so those particular pieces will be invisible on all makes I make), and the only way to fix it is to do a complete reinstall of the assembly kit as described above. In addition, I experienced this when the assembly kit was under the cascade2 beta as well as now.

Has anyone else had this issue? Am I missing something? This seems to be somewhat similar to what @Urgat was describing
  • MarukaMaruka Posts: 3Registered Users
    Urgat said:

I found a workaround for this actually. Put the prefab in a group with literally any other prop or building and this problem somehow magically goes away.

edited March 18

From there, I just deleted everything in that folder. You will lose any maps you have made, but it should fix the issue.

And if it glitches again, you have to restart your map all over again? And again and again? That's just not a satisfying solution for me.

Maruka: cheers, I'll try that :)

Aaaaaaaaand, it works! Awesome :)
    Post edited by Urgat on
  • slimabobslimabob Posts: 6Registered Users
    @WakaWaka3000 That's incredibly frustrating, thanks for the help.
  • EgyptFalconEgyptFalcon Posts: 22Registered Users
    Eldragon said:

Hello. I am experiencing some error issues with exporting my maps from Terry and I have run out of ideas how to solve my problem, so I write here. I hope I am in the right place.

So, I downloaded Terry Battle Map Editor. Everything went just fine till I tried to export my map into a game. After few moments of procesing, it failed and I was unable to find my map between my mods in the launcher.

I have no skills with modding, so now I am pretty much clueless about what to do.

After unsuccessful exporting, I am able to display an error log from Bob subprogram. It speaks about startpos file not being found after running game. It also seems to be connected to some "Campaign / Process start pos (wh_dlc03_beastmen)" path.

I thought at first, that it reminds me to draw starting positions for armies, but it seems that this is not the case. I tried to create just a plain map without a scratch. It got still the same error even after I added starting positions.

Is somebody able to help me please? I would be really glad If I could try my own maps :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have had a frustrating crash that I suspect is related to your problem! I uninstalled all of my warhammer files and reinstalled the game and the assembly kit files and tried to export the beastmen startpos. I couldn't! I created a new campaign that used the beastmen map, and even with no entries in it, it crashed as well. It produced the exact same error message! This has something to do with the Assembly Kit and it is horrible!
  • GuilhemGuilhem Posts: 39Registered Users
    I have the same problem and I'm afraid I can not take advantage of my cards. :(
    I hope that CA will find a solution.
    === Campaign / Process start pos (wh_dlc03_beastmen) ===
    Startpos file not found after running the game!

=====================================
    Duration: 6 min(s)

I get this message as soon as I want to export my maps. Solutions? It's been the days that I have this problem.
    Staying a long time on a project and seeing that this will not succeed is quite frustrating especially when I see that the others will do cards. Strongly a solution, ty in advance.
    I was thinking, it would be nice, if possible, to add the warmachines (both intact and destroyed) as props.
    Maybe dead bodies too?
  • CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 124Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
    Urgat said:

I was thinking, it would be nice, if possible, to add the warmachines (both intact and destroyed) as props.
    Maybe dead bodies too?

Dead bodies are available, I believe they're in global props
    Hello CA_Whelan,

For my map export problem, do you have a solution or do you advise me to wait? Because I make a mao, but I am afraid of lost if you ever find a solution for exporter. I wait before making a map or it will not be lost once the problem is resolved.

Thank you very much.
    Hi @CA_Whelan, I want to point out that there is a hole in one of Terrys backgrounds, specifically in Bretonnia 02. Here is a picture of it:

Question idiot, but will it have a patch to fix the problems?
    Cordially
  • WakaWaka3000WakaWaka3000 Junior Member Posts: 35Registered Users
    For the "import custom RGB" thing under texture map painting, I really don't understand the point of this feature. You can import your own picture that will be projected over the entire map, but the issue is that it's only projected once. So any picture of any realistic resolution with look sooooo pixellated. Would it be possible to add sliders for U and V tiling to adjust the number of times the image is tiled over the map. Adding this would essentially allow us to import our own textures in a roundabout way, which would be pretty cool.

Also, what's the point of coloring over stuff with the imported image? Are the different colors supposed to correspond to something? Because I can't find anything about that....

On a side note, the issues I was having earlier was because I changed the graphics settings from the default to medium. This causes objects to disappear in the viewport as some guys in the map makers discord pointed out to me. False alarm! I was able to save my map anyway cuz I restored the files I needed from the recycle bin.
  • Chancho06Chancho06 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Will there be a feature to create "reinforcement" armies to come in at a specified time, event trigger, etc.?

There are some really good quest battles that do this and it would create very interesting maps that bring more armies into the fray based on timing/event trigger. Even the ability to capture and hold a point like in a siege battle that can trigger reinforcements to come.
    Always not possible to export...Why?