Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Why does Rome Total war don't work?

klaasklaas Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi Guys!,

I have got a question about my pc, I have got a new pc with windows 10 and i wanted to play Rome Total War but when i started the game it says "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" how could i fix this?

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 12,801Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited March 19
    Open File Explorer and go to the drive containing your Steam Library and open. Open the 'steamapps' then the 'common' files then the Rome Total War folder. Highlight then Right click on the Rome application file.

You should see a menu with a list of options. One of them will be Run as Administrator.

Note:
    If you happened to have installed it from a disc you will probably not be able to run the game. Win 10 has changes in it which have a problem with any disc using DRM protection. Your best bet is to get the game on Steam.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • shaun666shaun666 Posts: 1Registered Users
    When you say get the game on Steam, you mean purchase the game from Steam?
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 12,801Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Yes. It is very cheap. I believe there is a special going on right now, or there was a couple of days ago.

The various older Total War games installed from Steam will run fine with Win 10. I have them all installed myself, having purchased from Steam. I just put all my discs away.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • kaufenkaufen Junior Member Posts: 70Registered Users

You should see a menu with a list of options. One of them will be Run as Administrator.
    the best