Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

whats going on with the wood elves?

#868984#868984 Registered Users Posts: 387
i need some advice regarding confederacy with these guys.... in my Treemen campaign i managed to make a lot of early military and defensive alliances, non-aggro-pacts and trade pacts... before that i managed to get one wood elf faction as my military ally no problem, but ever since i started trading with bretonnia, dwarves and empire Orion in particular started to address me as a traitor along with the other Woodelf faction, hell even my military ally would occasionally call me a traitor even though they were all "VERY friendly" towards me, and should have long been up for either alliances, trade deals or confederacy but no matter what i do (even disbanded all alliances and trade deals i had) i just can't get these guys to like me again...

is it a bug or something? or does the welves have some weird mechanic in place that prevents them from allying with you when you trade/deal with other factions?

Comments

• MorbidlyAbeastMorbidlyAbeast Registered Users Posts: 191
    edited March 2017
    What turn are you on? What level is the Oak of Ages? I believe you cannot even confederate with the other wood elf factions until the oak reaches level 3. When I played through on legendary I basically had to sit and build up as many ports as I could conquer going around the Estalian/Tilean coast, once I got the Oak upgraded it was confed and basically GG at that point you become so powerful so fast lol.
  • #868984#868984 Registered Users Posts: 387
    edited March 2017
    ahh i see, well i believe i am turn 80 or so.. i didn't upgrade the oak of ages as fast as possible on purpose because i was going for secondary objective completions for my campaign.

however, i believe my oak is either level 2 or 3, i can't remember atm.
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023
    what is your reliability rating? did cancelling treaties make it drop?
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • #868984#868984 Registered Users Posts: 387
    boyfights said:

what is your reliability rating? did cancelling treaties make it drop?

its Trustworthy, boarding steadfast i assume.
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023
    what difficulty are you playing on? i don't remember having any trouble with it on hard, but i didn't bother trading in my treemen game and just rampaged all over the place so i'm not sure if that's playing into it or not

they did confederate with me readily as soon as i hit lvl3 tree though, maybe try stomping more people first? :) anybody they don't like would probably be a good start
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,455
    I'd emphasize boyfights' last point, in my campaign as the elves fighting to impress your other elven brethren is pretty important, especially because this gives you power.

The more land / more powerful armies you control the better for confederation purposes. Which makes sense. A powerful nation isn't going to just allow a rival to take it over because they're on good terms. But a very strong faction offering what is essentially protection to a weak one...
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.