Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

For those who want China...

jamreal18jamreal18 Senior MemberPosts: 5,930Registered Users
Check it out:

Title: War Rage

Its almost the same with total war...

@Moderator pls dont move it...
I just want to share it to total war fans and i know this is the most visited section of the forum... please...

Comments

• KrilralKrilral Member Posts: 668Registered Users
    Hmmm...what kind of game is this? An RTS? RPG-RTS hybrid? It looks interesting enough, that I might consider giving it a try, if it turns out to be good :)
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Posts: 561Registered Users
    whats the name of that game? is it based on the warring states period?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 31,307Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved. Thread location depends on topic.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 13,677Registered Users
    Considering the presence of personal firearms and other equipment wielded by units in some scenes, I would guess way later than Warring States. Of course considering Total War's example, who knows how many historical inaccuracies (and implausibilities) would be found.
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code][code] in your post
  • IstvanIstvan Senior Member London, CanadaPosts: 1,214Registered Users
    edited March 20
    It's quite incredible how when developing M2TW, CA found the time to make an unplayable Saxon faction with its own special units, Robinhood units, English and French mounted longbowmen, elephant units with cannons and rocket launchers, and even went out of their way to make an entire Aztec faction. But they couldn't find the time to do any research and produce real special units for relevant, playable factions.
    Post edited by Istvan on
    Battle not with Canadians, lest ye become a Canadian, and if ye gaze into the maple syrup, the maple syrup gazes also into you.
  • EmperorOfRomeEmperorOfRome Senior Member Posts: 590Registered Users
    Looks pretty good. Great graphics. I however would also like something besides just plain battle, like a campaign map. Don't see it in the clips. For me, Total War is great because of two things: 1. Epic fun battles and 2. The feel behind the battle, the reasons and feeling like a real strategist. I also would greatly like a Total War with a more in depth economical and political side.

You also have Oriental Empires, also about China. This game is, to be honest, at the moment quite a CIV clone, but it has potential and it is only about China, so for the China fan who loves games about China it could be recommend. It is still in development phase, so it could improve drastically.
    Pro gloria Imperi!
  • Rath_DarkbladeRath_Darkblade Senior Member Posts: 2,004Registered Users
    Aw, man! The title of this thread made me think that China was up for sale. :tongue:

I already had my $100 all ready to buy China. Will that do? :tongue:
    "There is nothing wrong with nepotism, provided you keep it all in the family."
    --Winston Churchill
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 13,677Registered Users
    Istvan said:

It's quite incredible how when developing M2TW, CA found the time to make an unplayable Saxon faction with its own special units, Robinhood units, English and French mounted longbowmen, elephant units with cannons and rocket launchers, and even went out of their way to make an entire Aztec faction. But they couldn't find the time to do any research and produce real special units for relevant, playable factions.

If I have to guess it's because they spent their initial time making these units, but once time constraints set in, they began cutting corners and so features that would make other factions stand out were dropped.
    Mind you many factions did have unique units, though in reality they had similar or identical models and functions, and overall fewer than, say, England.
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code][code] in your post
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 5,930Registered Users
  • Maeda_ToshiieMaeda_Toshiie Senior Member Posts: 3,545Registered Users
    https://mmos.com/review/war-rage

It looks like a MMORPG + real time tactics mixture.

Those unit armour look like they are from the late Ming era.
    Total War Forums, the official forums of the Total War series:

Forum terms and conditions
    Technology Discussion Section
    How not to assemble a PC

Google-fu, the best skill in solving technical issues.

S-O-X, S-O-X, S-O-X, SOX!
  • IstvanIstvan Senior Member London, CanadaPosts: 1,214Registered Users
    edited June 25
    If I have to guess it's because they spent their initial time making these units, but once time constraints set in, they began cutting corners and so features that would make other factions stand out were dropped.
    Mind you many factions did have unique units, though in reality they had similar or identical models and functions, and overall fewer than, say, England.

Well, it's a bit funny how they prioritized their attention. The time and effort invested in factions seems to depend on their proximity to England rather than on history.

You've got factions like Scotland that, no offence, are relatively irrelevant for the period as a whole, and yet they receive tremendous work, like their own accent and plenty of unique Scottish units that are not just reskins. But as you move farther east, suddenly you can be a Medieval superpower and still not even get to exist in the game at all (ie Kievan Rus).
    Post edited by Istvan on
    Battle not with Canadians, lest ye become a Canadian, and if ye gaze into the maple syrup, the maple syrup gazes also into you.