Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Lets talk about that DLC

IceDIceD MemberPosts: 236Registered Users
So...as we will soon see game 2 information (I hope) and we get the cult of pleasure with DE and proboly Slaanesh. Do people want like a vulgar DLC that brings all the nasty Slaaneshy stuff? I know it has to be a DLC for age ratings But to bring the warhammer fantasy world to its true form, you gotta go al the way in my opinion.

And no im not Just talking about pixelated titties ya pervs :P

So, how do you Guys feel about this?
Fear me, mortals, for I am the Anointed, the Favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, Lord of the End Times.

TEAM - CHAOS

Comments

• obippoobippo Member Posts: 1,106Registered Users
    edited March 20
    No one in dark elves roster show boobs, only morathi and the medusas IIRC.

Also dark elves don't have daemons in their roster.

If you mean the witch elves, I think they should be part of the 'base' roster.... but I can see them being part of a dlc with stuff like the medusa/bloodwrack shrine, doomfire warlocks and hellebron as a LL.

• psychoakpsychoak Posts: 310Registered Users
    Event text and all kinds of stuff for Dark Elves could be a bit perverted to not get a Mature rating. It's not just the potential for tits and ass in the model lineup.
  • rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Posts: 683Registered Users
    edited March 20
    @obippo
    there is a DE army that has daemons in the roster. it's the cult of slaanesh OP is talking about. it was in white dwarf a long time ago. i don't think it ever made it to an army book tho but i didn't get the last edition of the DE rulebook

as to the question - i say bring it on. but it's going to be censored. and any flavor text is not gonna be explicit.

check out my mod workshop if yeh want
    workshop
    honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 2,707Registered Users

@obippo
    there is a DE army that has daemons in the roster. it's the cult of slaanesh OP is talking about. it was in white dwarf a long time ago. i don't think it ever made it to an army book tho but i didn't get the last edition of the DE rulebook

as to the question - i say bring it on. but it's going to be censored. and any flavor text is not gonna be explicit.

the cult of slaanesh is out of business... it's been shut down and replaced with the Pleasure Cult that is worshipping an elfen deity and NOT Slaanesh

afaik
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Metal noise, blood and fire, tell me what you most desire.

You've got some demon flesh on your bumper, but that's just the way the world is today I'm afraid.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 6,976Registered Users
    Well, that's an End Times retcon, the same that also made Malekith totally the rightful Phoenix King.

So...to hell with it.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 2,707Registered Users

Well, that's an End Times retcon, the same that also made Malekith totally the rightful Phoenix King.

So...to hell with it.

if GW says that CA will have to go with this, they will have to go with it though
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

You've got some demon flesh on your bumper, but that's just the way the world is today I'm afraid.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 620Registered Users
    Seeing as Isabella got a rather decorous makeover that hid thighs and cleavage, you're unlikely to get a "Boobs and Wobbly Bits" DLC.

Which gives me high hopes we won't see Morathi prancing around in a chainmail G-string. Always struck me as faintly ridiculous battle-wear, never mind impractical in a cold climate and when riding a pegasus. She'd have to have thighs like leather to deal with the saddle-sore.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 6,976Registered Users
    Well, if GW insists on total canon-adherence then every campaign should end with Archaon blowing the planet up, so I think CA has enough freedom to not make Malekith the rightful king and not defanging Morathi's pet cult.
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Posts: 661Registered Users
    The super pervy stuff is not canon anymore.

Fortunately...
    edited March 20
    Arsenic said:

Seeing as Isabella got a rather decorous makeover that hid thighs and cleavage, you're unlikely to get a "Boobs and Wobbly Bits" DLC.

Which gives me high hopes we won't see Morathi prancing around in a chainmail G-string. Always struck me as faintly ridiculous battle-wear, never mind impractical in a cold climate and when riding a pegasus. She'd have to have thighs like leather to deal with the saddle-sore.

well tbf that's how ISabllas Artwork looks...

i'd say that's a tad less revealing and smaller breasted then the Miniature...

meanwhile Morathis Artwork

Well, if GW insists on total canon-adherence then every campaign should end with Archaon blowing the planet up, so I think CA has enough freedom to not make Malekith the rightful king and not defanging Morathi's pet cult.

apples with oranges... one is using a (as much as some people hate that fact) loreful situation as starting situation... the other thing is putting hte campaign on rails

• CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Posts: 1,440Registered Users
    It's very hard to get mature rating with just text.

I'm just hoping the titles share dlc and I don't have to rebuy the blood pack.
    CnConrad said:

would look kinda funny... Beastmen VS High elves... BM covered in blood... High elves, dem arrogant *insert swearing here* Clean as a whistle

• ChaosDragonBornChaosDragonBorn Posts: 1,232Registered Users
    CnConrad said:

I would happily buy another blood pack if it includes combat kill animations and cool details.

CnConrad said:

I would happily buy another blood pack if it includes combat kill animations and cool details.
    also true...

• GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,703Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

It's Morathi. Generally nothing happens to her unless she wants it to...
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member Posts: 17,112Registered Users
    Meh, to be honest.

Doesn't strike me at all interesting to see how far sexual imagination of the writers and artists of CA goes. Seems kind of...pointless?
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Posts: 1,540Registered Users
    I don't like playing games that would cause me to feel ashamed if my mother saw me playing them. Even if I am all alone, I would feel sort of pathetic playing anything that was overly sexualized in a juvenile way. It is not that I have anything against sex; it just seems kind of lame to me. That is just something that has been ingrained into my brain.
    I'm always this grumpy, so it is nothing personal.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 3,029Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

What Morathi's Chainmail you talking about? Morathi is an Sorceress, so it's totally makes an sense for her to Not Wear Armor, GW knows how to do the fan service right, for the most part. You right about the cold climate though, but I don't see you complaining about the Chaos Marauders, for the same reason.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 2,011Registered Users
    Warlocke said:

I don't like playing games that would cause me to feel ashamed if my mother saw me playing them. Even if I am all alone, I would feel sort of pathetic playing anything that was overly sexualized in a juvenile way. It is not that I have anything against sex; it just seems kind of lame to me. That is just something that has been ingrained into my brain.

Well said sir.

The background should be canon, not who wins the campaign.
  • Berg_Of_The_WestBerg_Of_The_West Posts: 288Registered Users
    This thread...
    flagellantion and self loathing... in order to show how PC you are.
    Lets shy away from sexuality... but instead, lets watch giant zombies and Minotaurs gore and rip intestines out of people.... sounds legit.

Shows how backwards we have come... You guys are just slut-shaming the dark elves :D
  • ChaosDragonBornChaosDragonBorn Posts: 1,232Registered Users
    edited March 21
    @Berg_Of_The_West

It's not as simple as that of course....and there are unnecessary lines you don't cross. Especially if there is a major difference in both adding anything to gameplay. And we all know minotaurs ripping things apart is more meaningful to gameplay than sexual weirdness for the sake of it.

It's not being pc, and it's not a politically issue, it's game design. It would be nice to know what type of things you want out of this "vulgar dlc "though. If it is not as pointless as it sounds.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Posts: 1,540Registered Users

This thread...
    Lets shy away from sexuality... but instead, lets watch giant zombies and Minotaurs gore and rip intestines out of people.... sounds legit.

Shows how backwards we have come... You guys are just slut-shaming the dark elves :D

I'm not PC. I can't stand PC culture. I just think playing video games with naked women is a bit pathetic.
    I'm always this grumpy, so it is nothing personal.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 5,901Registered Users
    Just make them how they're meant to look, no more, no less.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • EizoEizo Posts: 377Registered Users
    edited March 21
    Guys, Chainmail Bikini and Daemon wearing Bondage gear have plenty of sexual overtone while still being tamed for the age rating. there really no need to go that explicated for no reason
    Also if you use Dragon age as an example, Daemon-like creatures with multiple sagging boobs are apparently OK in term of being no controversy.

meanwhile Morathis Artwork

Wow she look very Asian in that artwork, the miniature make her look more bodacious with puffy hair, I wonder which concept Ca going to use.
    As long as Morathi would have the same armor rating as Morgiana Le Fay, then I am totally okey with that. Morathi don't really have any armor magic item on the Tabletop, as far as I know.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Morathi#Magic_Items
  • rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Posts: 683Registered Users
    i don't need sexy looking imaginary pixelated witch elfs in this game for my own perfectly natural desire - no - i just want them to be faithful to how DE have been for a long time. they're supposed to be twisted. dark eldar do some pretty messed up stuff - that's cool cuz it's 40k.

i don't mind if all witch elfs have their chests covered - but no bare flesh would basically be not a witch elf. dark elfs flay their enemies. hags bathe in blood. they have orgies - not just sexual but also weird slave torture orgies. dark elfs are definitely not kid friendly and never have been. i know that when DE come - that stuff will be toned down. but there's only so much toning down that can occur before the flavor of the TT faction is basically stripped away.

personally i think i'd be more embarrassed if someone saw me playing a plague faction like Nurgle - cuz they're disgusting

check out my mod workshop if yeh want
    workshop
    honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 733Registered Users

This thread...

Apart from the small detail this is a game about war, so things like ripping of intestines are par of the course. Perv lusty sorceresses going into battle naked? Not so much.
  • MorbidlyAbeastMorbidlyAbeast Posts: 141Registered Users
    edited March 21
    Tayvar said:

As long as Morathi would have the same armor rating as Morgiana Le Fay, then I am totally okey with that. Morathi don't really have any armor magic item on the Tabletop, as far as I know.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Morathi#Magic_Items

Morathi is protected by the Thousand and One Dark Blessings.

Thousand and One Dark Blessings: Morathi has ancient pacts with many malevolent spirits and daemonic entities, whose unnatural energies protect her from harm. This has the effect of giving her a 4+ Ward save and Magic Resistance (1).

Enchanting Beauty: Morathi is possibly the most beautiful woman in the known world, and mere mortals are enraptured by her. Any enemy model in base contact with Morathi at the start of a round of combat must pass a Leadership test or have their WS reduced to 1 for the duration of that round.

(read from army book though I think this is like 6th or 7th)

Apparently those are her tools of defense, and magic of course.
This discussion has been closed.