Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bretonnia Patch Now Live

CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 681
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
Patch Notes:

The Total War: WARHAMMER multiplayer leaderboards have been reset.
A 5% score penalty will now be applied to users caught drop-hacking from multiplayer battles (disconnecting under suspicious circumstances).
Fix for users becoming unable to save the game, after the last chapter mission is completed on Legendary difficulty.
Fixed a missing building chain in the Grung Zint settlement.
All income types from Farming/Industry bonuses are now being applied correctly to all resource buildings.
Fixed a rare crash when disbanding Heroes on the campaign map.
Fix for Guardians of the Lady skill giving magic resistance instead of missile resistance.
Fix for Gelt's Pegasus unlock level.
Fix for inconsistency between Strigoi and Ghorst spells and the main lore spells.
Chivalry is no longer gained for torturing people in during Quests.
Updated garrison for Couronne and removed wall building chain.
Various text, game guide and localisation fixes.

Balancing Changes:

Questing Knights
- 8 Charge Bonus

Foot Squires
- 10 Leadership
- 6 Charge Bonus

Men-at-Arms
+ 25 Cost

Helman Ghorsts's Vanhel Danse Macabre
-1 Power Cost

Strigoi's Soulblight
+1 Power Cost
Post edited by CA_Whelan on
Tagged:

Comments

• epic_159732489858zE2g60qepic_159732489858zE2g60q Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,314
    Save game compatible?
  • ODM_EmptythoughtODM_Emptythought France, ParisRegistered Users Posts: 671
    The Leaderboard is reset but will we still have our win count ? I have 2900 wins, will I still be able to see that ?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I live in France.... I like animes, mangas, greek/egyptian and roman culture (antiquity + mythology). I usually play Total Warhammer or Battlefleet Gothic and sometimes Vermintide.
    I play almost exclusively MP though 1 or 2 campaigns from time to time can't hurt ;).

• dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,137
    Balance changes sound good.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,323
    GG, Foot Squire. We will miss you. B)
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 9,937
    So no bret infantry nerfs? hmm ok time to avoid brets till they get balanced.

Thanks for the reset though
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,225

What that means then :D ?

Foot Squires
    - 10 Leadership
    - 6 Charge Bonus

Men-at-Arms
    + 25 Cost
  • ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,501
    edited March 2017

Foot squires got nerfed and the men at arms had their cost increased
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
    Three kingdoms - Sun Jian
    Those nerfs ain't even addressing the problem, Pilgrims are the most op and Foot Squires damage didn't get touched, they could lose 30 LD and nothing would change as they don't lose combat they win it, Besides with the Grail Relique (which is tanky like crazy) around they still high leadership.

The Man-at-arms nerf is the only real nerf, though who uses them? when you got battle pilgrims and food squires

Questing knights -8 Charge Damage, umm its their prolong fighting power and monster killing power that should be nerfed not charge damage.

At least i can still dodge people who select brets until they get fixed.
  • CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 681
    LestaT said:

Save game compatible?

Saves should be fine but you may need to update your mods
    edited March 2017

The Leaderboard is reset but will we still have our win count ? I have 2900 wins, will I still be able to see that ?

Looks like you keep your 2900 wins, never mind you dont
    Post edited by Lotus_Moon on
  • Wing ZeroWing Zero Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 827
    MrMecH said:

GG, Foot Squire. We will miss you. B)

Peasants shouldnt be beating longbeards.
    ''The difficulty of tactical maneuvering consists in turning the devious into the direct, and misfortune into gain.
    -Sun Tzu

"Tolerance, Diversity, Strength"
    - Seleucid

Team Chaos Dwarf
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Brettonia nerfed?? THey should be buffed, at least their morale.
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937
    edited March 2017
    I would have liked to see a -10 Ld on the Grail Pilgrims as well and more importantly a reduction in the Ld buff on the Grail Reliquae from +16 to +12 or as an inferior change an appropriate price increase (and a -10 Ld to keep consistent with Grail Pilgrims).

If their price is not gonna increase the weapon strength of Foot Squires should be put in line with Greatswords.

I feel like the Questing Knights should lose a small amount of weapon strength aswell. 46 is just incredibly high for a full sized cav unit.

Also not even a slight nerf on damage delt by the Mist of the Lady ? On a unit that can run at 85 something speed it's "pretty strong".
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • ODM_EmptythoughtODM_Emptythought France, ParisRegistered Users Posts: 671
    edited March 2017

Those nerfs ain't even addressing the problem, Pilgrims are the most op and Foot Squires damage didn't get touched, they could lose 30 LD and nothing would change as they don't lose combat they win it, Besides with the Grail Relique (which is tanky like crazy) around they still high leadership.

The Man-at-arms nerf is the only real nerf, though who uses them? when you got battle pilgrims and food squires

Questing knights -8 Charge Damage, umm its their prolong fighting power and monster killing power that should be nerfed not charge damage.

CA now use the method : slowly but surely. They nerf things step by step and have decided to begin with charge bonus.
    They sadly don't have a very fast balancing team (or they don't have a team and there's just one guy/girl doing the whole job xD).
    Still, the charge bonus nerf will make them take less advantage from spaghetti line, thus making them lose against some units they didn't lose against (chaos warriors etc....). Don't forget that foot squires are still quite squishy and die very fast against mortars, crossbows, orc big uns = any unit with high damage. They still cost 700, let's not make them too underpowered. And -10 leadership is a hell lot. They will have the same leadership as most basic infantry while costing 2* as much.

As for the questing knight they aren't THAT op since they rout easily compared to other cavs (80 armour, no immunity or resistance). These guys get destroyed by anti-large units more than any cav from this price range. I think CA should lower their melee defence a bit (-4 or -5) so that they become a bit more squishy while still having a good DPS.
    Don't forget that cav is the main part of bretonnia so making them OP is the least you can do : assymetrical balance !

Pilgrims are easy to deal with honestly. Archers, cav, high DPS infantry all deal good damage against them. Plus, their formation doesn't allow them to charge well compared to Foot squires.
    If you have trouble with the bretonnian infantry line it's probably because you don't use the good units or you don't micro them well.
    My main concern though would be the grail reliquae : it's like a mortis engine since it's a primary target and you are supposed to kill it with a hero/lord etc.... to make the infantry rout. Since it's almost not doable atm that gives every unit in the AOE a constant immunity to terror etc... and +16 leadership. That's like having a +40 leadership buff. Wich is indeed op if you can't destroy it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I live in France.... I like animes, mangas, greek/egyptian and roman culture (antiquity + mythology). I usually play Total Warhammer or Battlefleet Gothic and sometimes Vermintide.
    I play almost exclusively MP though 1 or 2 campaigns from time to time can't hurt ;).

• LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 1,867
    Thanks, going to try the patch now and then update my mods as necessary.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • epic_159732489858zE2g60qepic_159732489858zE2g60q Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,314
    CA_Whelan said:

LestaT said:

Save game compatible?

Saves should be fine but you may need to update your mods
    Thanks. I don't use mods right now. Just trying to finish my first legendary campaign now. :)
  • EmarthEmarth Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 401
    edited March 2017
    The grail reliquae needs a defence nerf. It should be as easy to destroy as a corpse wagon.

Right now you can pretty much put it on the front line and shell it with artillery as the enemy bunch up around it failing to kill those three peasants.
  • OndjageOndjage Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 549
    edited March 2017

Im sorry but pilgrims are only really good against wood elves because they are flags with shields, GS eat them alive and empire, beastmen, chaos etc etc dont really have any struggles with them. For a 600 cost unit they dont overperform drasticly. The foot squire nerf might have been too much.... i would rather they have lost 3 damage then lost 10 LD as right now they might not even be worth 700 because they require a grail relique to even function as a main line unit.

-8 Charge Bonus is a huge nerf to any unit regarless if cav or infantry and the fact that you make it out be be some kind of joke shows that you clearly dont know how stats work. The questing knights might still be too good because of their Damage and stats but right now -8 charge seems like a solid nerf. as they will also lose 8 damage on the charge for every model in the unit so with spaghetti lines that means the first and second rank is gonna lose about 160 damage on the charge and 160 for the 2nd strike in combat. 360 damage decrease on the charge is a rather big deal.
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937
    Emarth said:

The grail reliquae needs a defence nerf. It should be as easy to destroy as a corpse wagon.

Right now you can pretty much put it on the front line and shell it with artillery as the enemy bunch up around it failing to kill those three peasants.

A bigger hitbox would be a start.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,831
    edited March 2017
    If they had to nerf brettonia, this was a well designed tweak.

Questing knights are meant to be a situational can opener but with the charge they were serving as all purpose cavalry. This forces them to diversify without hurting their core function.

Squires now have a major weakness to exploit like the cowardly peasants they are. And their fighting stats were never that great without a spaghetti string-boosted charge. Now brettonia lacks a strong armored infantry option and will have to rely more on its cav, which is fine.

Battle pilgrims didn't need a nerf. Any armored infantry will wipe the floor with the savages now that foot squires are an inferior army core.

re: Grail Relique, they are hard to chase down, but at 600 points they better be. Most factions can get substantial leadership or psychology immunity bonuses for less cost so these are a pretty big investment to make in securing one portion of your battleline.
    edited March 2017
    Ondjage said:

Im sorry but pilgrims are only really good against wood elves because they are flags with shields, GS eat them alive and empire, beastmen, chaos etc etc dont really have any struggles with them. For a 600 cost unit they dont overperform drasticly. The foot squire nerf might have been too much.... i would rather they have lost 3 damage then lost 10 LD as right now they might not even be worth 700 because they require a grail relique to even function as a main line unit.

-8 Charge Bonus is a huge nerf to any unit regarless if cav or infantry and the fact that you make it out be be some kind of joke shows that you clearly dont know how stats work. The questing knights might still be too good because of their Damage and stats but right now -8 charge seems like a solid nerf. as they will also lose 8 damage on the charge for every model in the unit so with spaghetti lines that means the first and second rank is gonna lose about 160 damage on the charge and 160 for the 2nd strike in combat. 360 damage decrease on the charge is a rather big deal.
    I must admit with the way you explained the Charge Bonus i did not know that, so i stand corrected thinking it was nothing, still though their charge was not the thing that made them too strong by the way is there anywhere to view how certain stats work, apart from the basic description.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,309
    When will you fix the download time, my gosh from 127 MB takes ages.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,373
    edited March 2017
    thank god its just a beta..those changes are not enough for questing knights and foot squires and no changes to battle pilgrims ..??

also nobody wanted -10 leadreship debuff for footsquires we need them to hold line the problem is that melee stats are good
    they do realize footsquire(700) 1v1 draw with greatswords(950 ).....why the living hell is it so hard to understand

questing knights 1v1..ing demigryphs.....and outperforming all other brit cav is somewhat ok..??/ they need much harder nerf.

only good one is just men at arms one
    Post edited by KhorneFlakes on

Balance Is A Lie

• Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,480
    Shouldn't Questing Knights have more Anti-Large then AP since I think they are more known for slaying Monsters then armoured targets.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• CirueloCiruelo Registered Users Posts: 107
    CA_Whelan said:

Chivalry is no longer gained for torturing people in during Quests.

:(

• CirueloCiruelo Registered Users Posts: 107
    Foot squires need an melee attack and melee defense reduction. Their leadership was good before, they are meant to be brave but not good warriors, rather an aspiring of knight lets say... The charge bonus reduction is good tho.

As mentioned before, Bretonnia needs an infantry that can hold the line without breaking too early but they should never be able to win an infantry combat without the help of their cavalry. Make them stable so they can be the anvil, but let cavalry be the hammer.

• KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,373
    Ciruelo said:

Foot squires need an melee attack and melee defense reduction. Their leadership was good before, they are meant to be brave but not good warriors, rather an aspiring of knight lets say... The charge bonus reduction is good tho.

As mentioned before, Bretonnia needs an infantry that can hold the line without breaking too early but they should never be able to win an infantry combat without the help of their cavalry. Make them stable so they can be the anvil, but let cavalry be the hammer.

thank you exactly

Balance Is A Lie

• bronhomsbronhoms Registered Users Posts: 1,330

Ondjage said:

I must admit with the way you explained the Charge Bonus i did not know that, so i stand corrected thinking it was nothing, still though their charge was not the thing that made them too strong by the way is there anywhere to view how certain stats work, apart from the basic description.
    I've tested them a bit now, and they still seem a bit too powerful for their price. They are only going to be fighting infantry, as brett have enough cav to engage enemy cav, so their bonus vs. infantry is just .. too good. They're squires. Not knights. When fighting against something like chaos warriors, or even great swords, they should just get pummeled. When fighting swordsmen or orc boys, they should do quite well.

They should either lose armour piercing or bonus vs. infantry and have melee defence bonus.

• hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,834
    I will be testing later tonight! Balancing isn't easy and I'm sure takes a lot of time to make sure all "pieces fit." (It's why an alternate balance for battles is taking time ;) ).

I'm hoping squires aren't useless against anything outside of low tier units. TBH im confused with all the "outrage" against foot troops. When they win their "match ups" (I rarely fight one on one, so it's mostly a group effort-as TW it should) I take heavy losses in most cases or at least more than I would with other races, and in campaign that's important-it's not just about one battle, it's about the bigger picture (this comes from someone who plays the majority of custom battles-half of time which has been spent testing in regards to prolonging battles.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,480
    hendo1592 said:

I will be testing later tonight! Balancing isn't easy and I'm sure takes a lot of time to make sure all "pieces fit." (It's why an alternate balance for battles is taking time ;) ).

I'm hoping squires aren't useless against anything outside of low tier units. TBH im confused with all the "outrage" against foot troops. When they win their "match ups" (I rarely fight one on one, so it's mostly a group effort-as TW it should) I take heavy losses in most cases or at least more than I would with other races, and in campaign that's important-it's not just about one battle, it's about the bigger picture (this comes from someone who plays the majority of custom battles-half of time which has been spent testing in regards to prolonging battles.

It's more of Bretonnia is meant to have rubbish infantry and a faction shouldn't require "Chosen" as a best bet against a Bretonnian infantry unit.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?