Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WARHAMMER II FAQ

Comments

• CarnakCarnak Junior Member Posts: 218Registered Users
    WHEN CAN I GET MY LIZARDMAN AVATAR?!?!?!
  • The_baronThe_baron Posts: 480Registered Users
    In general it sounds like they are dealing with the easy stuff - more races more lands ...

No naval combat is disappointing - was looking forward for a unique each race naval combat gameplay.

but most of all ... almost zero news regarding to MP Campaign - which most likely means no more than 2 players.
    Please CA can you confirm if you are gonna fix up the MP campaign and add the option for more than 2 players finally ?
  • SnikitSnikit Posts: 233Registered Users
    Did I read Southland? I did! Tomb kings next! MWAHAHA

And by the way show us the goddamn Skavens!!!! XD
    My Rig - CPU:I: Overclocked potato RAM: 2xBanana power X-26 GPU: Moulder-issued horde of calculator slaves

Team Skaven Team Me-Myself
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Posts: 1,175Registered Users
    Sadly no naval combat, but Love the fact that we will se southlands.
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,190Registered Users
    E3 in June where there'llbe some gameplay features shown and probably pre order announcement that.

I'm expecting september release, or the very latest november. Enough time to build new rig since the grand campaign sounds massive.
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 687Registered Users
    Ahhh so we have to wait until we get the huge Map? I can understand your reasoning but that is really a downer for me. I am not excited playing the new races (Except maybe Skavens) but I really want to fight them in an epic campagin. Well I will pre Order it Nonetheless. :-D
    I hope you will come yround and provide us Navy Battles in the future, auto resolve is lame in my opinion because you are not able to turn the tide with skill and instead have to rely on numbers.
  • EricT17EricT17 Posts: 175Registered Users
    Will there be a separate Blood DLC for this game? I'm assuming yes.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Posts: 2,150Registered Users
    EricT17 said:

Possibly but if it works like Shogun 2s standalones no.
  • MemnonMemnon Senior Member Posts: 571Registered Users
    Second part looks itresting....but...
    What about sige battle?Rework morale system?Banners and capitans ?Maybe change Karaks design?Speed battle?Full roster for all race?
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,190Registered Users
    Petromir said:

EricT17 said:

Possibly but if it works like Shogun 2s standalones no.
    No, since both games runs from same front end, like Shogun 2.
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Posts: 1,681Registered Users
    For game four I want full navies! Doo iit doooo eet. DOOO eeeeet.
  • SanjuroSanjuro Senior Member U.K.Posts: 1,541Registered Users
    Glad to hear naval combat is available, even as auto-combat.

If it helps, I would be willing to pay for a DLC that brought in manual naval battles, given it would be a significant addition.
  • GunKingGunKing Posts: 558Registered Users
    YES BUT

Will there be Wood Elf followers!?
  • bronhomsbronhoms Posts: 1,328Registered Users
    edited March 2017
    CA_Whelan said:

What’s going on with the mega combined campaign you talked about before?
    For owners of both WARHAMMER I and WARHAMMER II, our first content release shortly after launch (free of course) will be a vast, combined campaign map representing the geographical areas of both games in a single map. This will allow you to start epic campaigns as any owned race (including any DLC races you own). This will be shortly after launch, weeks not months, and will be our very first content release.

This scares me a bit

Especially the notion that it will "represent the geographical areas [...] in a single map"

Does that, as I assume, mean that the combined campaign map will be smaller than merely fitting the 2 games' campaign maps together?

That'd be sad, because the Old World is already a bit .. well less detailed than the mini-campaigns. I can't imagine an even less detailed map being a good idea.

• twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,064Registered Users
    They clearly have concerns regarding performance for the mega campaign, sounds more like less factions rather than less combined regions:

That sounds incredible. How will it actually work? Mechanically, things like the time it takes between turns seems like it may be an issue here. Already, it can take a little while as you wait for each AI faction to make its moves. This is only going to be a bigger problem here, I'd imagine?

IR: It will probably mean that some of the smaller factions will need to be cut, but we don't want to sacrifice too much here because of the time it takes between turns. If players get into a campaign like this, they're going to want everything to be there. There's a lot we can do in terms of optimisation and it's not just a case of bolting two land masses together, there's more to it than that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-30-total-war-warhammer-2-creative-assembly-answers-the-big-questions
  • PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,218Registered Users
    Yeah, the information regarding the combined map concerns me. I'd really been looking forward to it, but the idea of it being scaled down really does not appeal. The Old World map already suffered for shrinking areas such as turning Tilea into a single faction with only 3 settlements, rather than 7 or 8 city states who all despise each other or removing some of the Bretonnian Dukedoms.
  • GunKingGunKing Posts: 558Registered Users
    It would make more sense for them to slice out New World sub-factions than Old World. That continent really doesn't have much to spare. If they absolutely had to, I would take out Kraka Drak and MAYBE the Border Princes. The rest are kind of integral to each campaign's early wars.
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Posts: 1,749Registered Users
    Disappointed about no real naval battles that should've been a challenge CA should've been excited to take.

Also no mention on sieges makes me nervous they're going to stick with the boring 1 -2 wall with every faction having the same layout.

On the brighter side New Word Story line looks interesting as do the parts of the Lizardmen and High and Dark Elf armies that we saw.

If their going to charge full price for this game they're going to have to offer more than a Game 1 with a new map for me to buy
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • az88az88 Posts: 3,065Registered Users

SiWI said:

A bit disappointed about naval combat but thanks to spare me to speculate.

I'd of course rather playable naval battles but this is the next best thing. Navies HAD to be in the game in an auto-resolve capacity at least if we're looking at cross-continental warfare.

Considering many of us worried we wouldn't get them at all this is not too sour for me to take.
    That's already in. You can attack embarked armies with embarked armies.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 1,973Registered Users
    They forget to ask.

- new content for game1
    - seige battle issue
    - old friend
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

Sadly no naval combat, but Love the fact that we will se southlands.
    EricT17 said:

They better not make me buy blood dlc all over again. I got it for warhammer 2 and they should just carry it over to warhammer 2 for all of us who already bought it.
  • PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,218Registered Users
    [quote]The Vortex campaign map is roughly the same physical size as in the first game, though there are approximately a third more conquerable land regions in the WH2 campaign map than in WH1.[/quote]

Please update the Old World map with more land regions, Tilea is missing almost all of its states, Bretonnia is missing Dukedoms, and you've missed out Laurelorn in Nordland.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,917Registered Users
    az88 said:

SiWI said:

I'd of course rather playable naval battles but this is the next best thing. Navies HAD to be in the game in an auto-resolve capacity at least if we're looking at cross-continental warfare.

Considering many of us worried we wouldn't get them at all this is not too sour for me to take.
    Not with actual fleets though. I should have been more clear. I meant fleets were necessary.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~

az88 said:

SiWI said:

Not with actual fleets though. I should have been more clear. I meant fleets were necessary.
    Did they confirm you could build fleets? I thought they'd just said naval combat is in as autoresolve?
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 9,642Registered Users
    az88 said:

az88 said:

SiWI said:

Did they confirm you could build fleets? I thought they'd just said naval combat is in as autoresolve?
    Not really they only spoke about sea campaign features (trade notes? Black arches?) without telling us for now, what those are.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    SiWI said:

az88 said:

az88 said:

SiWI said:

Not really they only spoke about sea campaign features (trade notes? Black arches?) without telling us for now, what those are.
    Right, okay. I mean, I may be talking out of my hat here, but the brief descriptions sounded like exactly what currently exists in the game.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 9,642Registered Users
    az88 said:

SiWI said:

az88 said:

az88 said:

SiWI said:

Right, okay. I mean, I may be talking out of my hat here, but the brief descriptions sounded like exactly what currently exists in the game.
    I didn't made myself clear:
    you are right, CA hasn't said about building real fleets.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    Will the price tag be full 60 bucks? I mean the game looks awesome and stuff but it feel smore like a big expansion than a full standalone game, since it justs expands on the main game.

Will the price tag be full 60 bucks? I mean the game looks awesome and stuff but it feel smore like a big expansion than a full standalone game, since it justs expands on the main game.

Nope, this one will be a mere $59.99.
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Posts: 1,749Registered Users
    They are advertising it is a new "game" so most likely they would want to sell a game full price I'm just hoping they are actually doing changes to this game to make it worth it.

Like the whole narrative idea is cool but we've been getting that with the last few race DLC's. They say there will be more feature announcements in the future.

My big hope is that they redesign the entire siege system for both games ... Wishful thinking :p
    Died during the great YOYO wars