Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WARHAMMER II FAQ

Comments

• Gr_Ad_KinzGr_Ad_Kinz Senior Member Posts: 1,052Registered Users
    bronhoms said:

CA_Whelan said:

What’s going on with the mega combined campaign you talked about before?
    For owners of both WARHAMMER I and WARHAMMER II, our first content release shortly after launch (free of course) will be a vast, combined campaign map representing the geographical areas of both games in a single map. This will allow you to start epic campaigns as any owned race (including any DLC races you own). This will be shortly after launch, weeks not months, and will be our very first content release.

This scares me a bit

Especially the notion that it will "represent the geographical areas [...] in a single map"

Does that, as I assume, mean that the combined campaign map will be smaller than merely fitting the 2 games' campaign maps together?

That'd be sad, because the Old World is already a bit .. well less detailed than the mini-campaigns. I can't imagine an even less detailed map being a good idea.
    I second this. I have a feeling that the combined map is going to be different from both maps by themselves. It's not just going to be both maps combined, they will be geographically different...which if true..ruins it for me. I don't mind some mini factions being absorbed into larger factions to cut down on turn time, but making the make physically smaller will suck.
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

• TetleyTetley Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited March 2017
    Everything looks amazing but I would also like to hear about siege improvements, tweaks to vanilla factions lords (inc skills) and improvements to magical lords over heroes.
  • Gr_Ad_KinzGr_Ad_Kinz Senior Member Posts: 1,052Registered Users
    Tetley said:

Everything looks amazing but I would also like to hear about siege improvements, tweaks to vanilla factions lords (inc skills) and improvements to magical lords over heroes.

Siege improvements are a huge thing imo. As we've seen over the months and the countless threads, a lot of people do not like the current siege system.
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

• FrancisFrancis Member Posts: 500Registered Users
    This is somewhat worriesome. No naval combat, a smaller combined map than expected, and cuts in the GC when you combine the maps is going to make for a very shallow campaign experience, in a game that is already to shallow.
  • AthelasAthelas Posts: 12Registered Users
    Please, add more options for MP - more players, different races, asynchronous gameplay, simultaneous turns. Hell MMORPG?
  • Horus168Horus168 Posts: 578Registered Users
    Warhammer 2 and destiny 2 reveals in the same week, what a nice gift....
  • HarlecHarlec Posts: 281Registered Users
    Speculation guys, pure speculation.
    I am also worried but:
    1. No naval combat are actually good news. Warhammer was never a naval game. I know their is an Warhammer license naval game but I rather want one good combat system instead of two avarage systems.
    2. They have to twist the big map a little bit. Do you really want to sail 6-11 Turns to Ulthua. By the way Lustria would be a longer Journey. I hope they will twist mainly the Ocean, to shorten boat travel time.
    3. They narrativ could give the campaigne more deepth, but for the big Map it will probably be a little shallow. Big sandbox...

They great news is .... we all will find out this year.
  • GaussiaGaussia Junior Member Posts: 1,260Registered Users
    By naval combat happening "Only in autoresolve" do you mean that there still will be combat fleets and such that can fight in autoresolve, or that it's only embarked armies that fight.

(Really hope for the former)
    While I kinda had hoped for some naval combat I think it is good that you clear this up directly, since there have been so much talk about it.
  • OrionoxOrionox Posts: 152Registered Users
    edited March 2017
    Any plans to overhaul the magic in game? make it better? add defensive magic or counterspells? Make lore of metal, actually useful and do damage based on armor rating, making it do what it was designed to do?
    VlKlNG said:

No naval combat? If at any point in the trilogy it was fitting to add navel combat, it was now!

I'm starting to wonder if any new features or improvements of the first game has taken place.

The suspicious part of my brain is telling me that no mechanical changes have happened (no improved seiges, no standard bearers/musicians/officers, no improved depomacy etc)

It sounds to me like this is the facade of a new game in order to appease the people complaining about too much dlc. But in truth this could vary well just be a glorified expansion.

That said the animation looked great, and the lizardmen looked fantastic and I look forward to playing as them. They really do have a refreshingly different asthetic and feel.

Lets hope not. I'm truly hoping they took the opportunity of a new game as a chance to REALLY improve on the parts of the game that were lacking in the first game..... maybe even patch in some of the improvements to the first game as these two will be a connected experience.
    They stated that there will be a little more naval stuff.
    ImO that will be perks like Alberichs. But not really more .
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Posts: 802Registered Users
    edited March 2017
    I'm a bit sad there won't be naval combats. I imagined DE and HE fighting with sea monsters, including magic and such. It would have been amazing. But if your guys make something different from the "auto resolve only", It will be appreciated.

Apart from that, the rest seems amazing, I can't wait to see Skaven in action. I hope those races will be like WE and Bretonnia, who were greatly done imo, with amazing gameplay mechanics and a full roster. Nice trailer btw ! My money is waiting for ya !
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • PhaseStarPhaseStar Posts: 49Registered Users
    Very exciting news!

1. Please add naval combat in the future
    2. Please allow 3+ player multiplayer campaigns in the future. By the time you combine the two into one grand campaign, it will be a tragedy to have only two human players involved!
  • ElyriothElyrioth Senior Member Posts: 696Registered Users
    Great news, just got Total War Warhammer in the last sale and its really gotten me back into total war.
    Na Géanna Fiáine [The Wild Geese]

"What is best in life?"
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
    Yes, please. 3+ Multiplayer would be awsome.
  • THENEVERCHOSENTHENEVERCHOSEN Posts: 51Registered Users
    Just wondering if we will have to buy a second blood and gore DLC just to see lizardmen dripping with Elven blood?
  • GunKingGunKing Posts: 568Registered Users

Just wondering if we will have to buy a second blood and gore DLC just to see lizardmen dripping with Elven blood?

Probably not, if the past is any indication. Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai shared the same pack.
  • VonSeydlitzVonSeydlitz Posts: 20Registered Users
    Great news! Pity it's only releasing with a narrative campaign, I personally don't think TW does them well. For me it's about the sandbox, I hope I'm not going to have my play style dictated by a vortex I couldn't give a monkey's about.

I appreciate what you're trying to do but I love how TW campaigns write their own stories & I'm hoping the whole vortex story wont be mandatory but if it is I'm cool waiting for the big combined campaign finally getting my dark Elves <3
  • KuikkaKuikka Junior Member Posts: 63Registered Users
    I'm super glad this factions-divided-for-better-coop is a standard now! With only 4 races (new expansion, not the combined) it would be hard to coop properly.
  • KasakkhanKasakkhan Posts: 35Registered Users
    Shut up and take my money!
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    Awesome ca! Y'all Dont ever stop impressing me with the hard work put into the details :)

Question: on release of warhammer II it was mentioned there will be a brief (weeks) time before warhammer 1 and wahwammer 2 can be pieced together (understandable) but what about multiplayer & custom battles? Will players be able to set up matches of any owned race? For example, can I set up a lizardmen vs empire match in custom, or will I have to wait until the mega combined campaign map is released (oh boy that's a mouthful!)?
  • SpaniardSpaniard Posts: 909Registered Users
    edited March 2017
    hendo1592 said:

Awesome ca! Y'all Dont ever stop impressing me with the hard work put into the details :)

Question: on release of warhammer II it was mentioned there will be a brief (weeks) time before warhammer 1 and wahwammer 2 can be pieced together (understandable) but what about multiplayer & custom battles? Will players be able to set up matches of any owned race? For example, can I set up a lizardmen vs empire match in custom, or will I have to wait until the mega combined campaign map is released (oh boy that's a mouthful!)?

I was wondering the same thing. Please CA, respond. I hope we can play with old factions on multiplayer from release.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Posts: 2,151Registered Users
    Spaniard said:

hendo1592 said:

I was wondering the same thing. Please CA, respond. I hope we can play with old factions on multiplayer from release.
    Don't see any reason they wouldn't be as the reasons given are campaign focused from what i recall.
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FrancePosts: 1,937Registered Users
    Exactly what I expected apart from the inclusion of the Southlands. Tomb Kings as pre-order DLC ? I wonder.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 733Registered Users
    Again, I really really hope they will work on navel combat in the future.
    I can imagine great fights and situations. For example as Empire you build a fleet to stop DE raids and have heavy fights. Slowly but surely you see that you are pushed back so you prepare your forces to meet the DE troops when they land. Or Marienburg gets attacked by sea and land! You have to defend the port and Walls, maybe you have a fleet nearby so you try to stop their landing while also protecting the walls.
    I wouldn't mind traveling a few turns until I reach Lustria or ulthan, deping how sea battle (and other sea features) would be implemented it could mean a lot of more strategy.

I want the world to feel big! I want to fight Greenskins and Chaos as Empire when suddenly out from the far sea an DE Invasion starts because they come out victories in the struggle in Lustria or just see a good opportunity to get more income. I want to realise how much struggle is around me and that maybe my fights are just one of many around the world! I want everything so big that World domination is really a long term mission.

When I play Chaos I want to say "Hey lets invade Ulthuan! I need to prepare for a large scale invasion. First I need to defeat their fleet and then I have to get some foothold!"

Ahh... I hope CA will have mercy and make my deepest wishes come true!

• daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,194Registered Users
    With no naval battles and having large bodies of water between continents, I'm wondering how Underway factions might try to traverse the map while still utilizing their unique mechanic.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • sbklinesbkline Posts: 3Registered Users

They are advertising it is a new "game" so most likely they would want to sell a game full price I'm just hoping they are actually doing changes to this game to make it worth it.

Like the whole narrative idea is cool but we've been getting that with the last few race DLC's. They say there will be more feature announcements in the future.

My big hope is that they redesign the entire siege system for both games ... Wishful thinking :p

Well in retrospect, with 3 new races and 4th (unsure if this one well be free), if they were dlc it be nearly the same price.

But yes, I hope CA does us right. Like too see.....

1. A rework in the Siege system
    2. I'd like to see a rework in the whole complexity of economy and building system, the first one wasn't bad, but it seemed so bland.
    3. Need to keep working on those diplomacy mechanics. Even though the main part of the game is the real time battles, I'd like the other stuff to be just as important.
    4. Descrutable maps.
  • MorbidlyAbeastMorbidlyAbeast Posts: 188Registered Users
    edited March 2017
    sbkline said:

Well in retrospect, with 3 new races and 4th (unsure if this one well be free), if they were dlc it be nearly the same price.

"Four races, four outcomes, a single goal: control of the Great Vortex, for good or ill." -directly from steam page.

Where are you getting that there may only be 3 races?
  • AbonzoAbonzo Member Posts: 318Registered Users
    any clarification on Combined Campaign Objectives???

will they be independent of G1 Grand campaign and G2 The Great Vortex Campaign??
    Pre Steam Hours On Total War Franchise - Un countable - played every game and expansion since shogun

Steam Hours On Total War - 3618 and counting

Steam Hours Breakdown
    Rome 2 - 1451
    Atilla - 1015
    Shogun 2 - 743
    Warhammer - 376
    Empire/medieval 2 ( got in sale, played on disk mainly) - 33

i think i have a addiction.

*please excuse my bad English*
  • sbklinesbkline Posts: 3Registered Users

sbkline said:

"Four races, four outcomes, a single goal: control of the Great Vortex, for good or ill." -directly from steam page.

Where are you getting that there may only be 3 races?
    An article saying that they've revealed 3 races for sure, and a 4th race yet to be announced but planned. So yes a 4th race is definitely coming but will it be free like Bretonnia. Or will it cost more then the initial game price.
  • MorbidlyAbeastMorbidlyAbeast Posts: 188Registered Users
    edited March 2017
    Are you seriously still arguing with the actual steam page for the game? Clearly states there will be four races in Warhammer 2. I know everybody wants to find fault in CA's release of the game before it even happens but I'd say you are reaching a bit.