Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WARHAMMER II FAQ

Comments

• Bel_KorhadrisBel_Korhadris Posts: 30Registered Users
    bronhoms said:

CA_Whelan said:

What’s going on with the mega combined campaign you talked about before?
    For owners of both WARHAMMER I and WARHAMMER II, our first content release shortly after launch (free of course) will be a vast, combined campaign map representing the geographical areas of both games in a single map. This will allow you to start epic campaigns as any owned race (including any DLC races you own). This will be shortly after launch, weeks not months, and will be our very first content release.

This scares me a bit

Especially the notion that it will "represent the geographical areas [...] in a single map"

Does that, as I assume, mean that the combined campaign map will be smaller than merely fitting the 2 games' campaign maps together?

That'd be sad, because the Old World is already a bit .. well less detailed than the mini-campaigns. I can't imagine an even less detailed map being a good idea.
    Hear, hear.
  • Bel_KorhadrisBel_Korhadris Posts: 30Registered Users

Disappointed about no real naval battles that should've been a challenge CA should've been excited to take.

Also no mention on sieges makes me nervous they're going to stick with the boring 1 -2 wall with every faction having the same layout.

On the brighter side New Word Story line looks interesting as do the parts of the Lizardmen and High and Dark Elf armies that we saw.

If their going to charge full price for this game they're going to have to offer more than a Game 1 with a new map for me to buy

Agreed.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,447Registered Users

What scale will the combined campaign map be? I really hope the provinces aren't shrunk down (so we end up with a one-region Athel Loren, for instance).

Looks like Total War: Warhammer 2 Grand Campaign Map would be much more shrunken in any case, as CA said that Total War: Warhammer 2 Grand Campaign Map would be the same size as Total War: Warhammer 1 Grand Campaign Map, even though Total War: Warhammer 2 is covering much larger territory, on the Correct Warhammer Fantasy World Map.

• JungleElfJungleElf Posts: 785Registered Users
    Of course it will be shrunken a bit, the New World is not as detailed as the Old World. Especially when it comes to places like Naggoroth and the Southlands. Ulthuan and Lustria are a bit denser when it comes to (ruined) settlements.
  • PTreePTree Posts: 250Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

What scale will the combined campaign map be? I really hope the provinces aren't shrunk down (so we end up with a one-region Athel Loren, for instance).

Looks like Total War: Warhammer 2 Grand Campaign Map would be much more shrunken in any case, as CA said that Total War: Warhammer 2 Grand Campaign Map would be the same size as Total War: Warhammer 1 Grand Campaign Map, even though Total War: Warhammer 2 is covering much larger territory, on the Correct Warhammer Fantasy World Map.

I'm pretty sure I read from CA that Game 2's map would be bigger than Game 1. That means combined they'll be huge!
  • UrgatUrgat Posts: 992Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    The combined map just can't be the same scale as Game one's map, it would be titanic (Ulthuan alone pretty much covers the same superficy as the Old World), it just wouldn't be fun. I hope they'll try and keep proportions right instead (not the case at all with the GC map of the first game).

They have say that the vortex mechanic will NOT be in the Big, combined Campaign.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-30-total-war-warhammer-2-creative-assembly-answers-the-big-questions (I hope it is not the wrong Interview)

Thanks for the info. I'm fine with it, but I hope it still remains an objective of sorts.
    Krunch said:

I hope the Chaos Invasion is still in though. I feel it is very integral to the theme of the Empire Campaign as you make your build up to it over the entire campaing. I could see why the Vortex was removed though, if I was playing as Dwarfs I wouldn't expect to have to make a play for the stability of the Great Vortex and would be pretty miffed if I had to travel accross the continent and the ocean to do so.

It should be a goal for Archaon, actually.
    In the fluff, nobody would knowingly mess with the vortex, not even skaven or Malekith. The only one who did (very indirectly) was Black Tooth, an orc shaman under Grom the Paunch (greatest goblin ever - scrap that, greatest conqueror ever!), and he had no idea what he was doing.
    Only Chaos would want that, everybody else is quite happy having a world to live on.
    In End Times (that I personally enjoyed, excepted for the last book, I hate when they pull doom's day devices out of nowhere, it's not like well-established world-ending possibilies lacked already), when the vortex is finally shut, it's pretty much the beginning of the end, really, only postponed because of the winds being linked to individuals.
    Post edited by Urgat on
  • MorbidlyAbeastMorbidlyAbeast Posts: 188Registered Users
    I hope we find out that Eltharion was just bragging and being a true elf when he LIED about killing Grom and that Grom will show back up after such a long absence having eaten a few more trolls and ready for vengeance on Ulthuan!
  • Elkantar1981Elkantar1981 Senior Member Posts: 613Registered Users
    well skaven would do it, they do all nasty things without knowing the right effect.

But i guess the campaign will never be undo the vortex just twist it the way you want it. and yes that normally leads to selfdestruct.

Malekith would more like to control it before undoing it he tried that and know the risks.
    teclis would stabilaze it same for mazamundi. only the skaven would try to undo/destabilize it.

hope ca consider that malekith is more wise and has more knowledge about the world then recklesss mannfred.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,774Registered Users
    Urgat said:

It should be a goal for Archaon, actually.
    In the fluff, nobody would knowingly mess with the vortex, not even skaven or Malekith. The only one who did (very indirectly) was Black Tooth, an orc shaman under Grom the Paunch (greatest goblin ever - scrap that, greatest conqueror ever!), and he had no idea what he was doing.
    Only Chaos would want that, everybody else is quite happy having a world to live on.
    In End Times (that I personally enjoyed, excepted for the last book, I hate when they pull doom's day devices out of nowhere, it's not like well-established world-ending possibilies lacked already), when the vortex is finally shut, it's pretty much the beginning of the end, really, only postponed because of the winds being linked to individuals.

Literally one of the most infamous events linked to Malekith is when he tried to shut off the Vortex as a last ditch effort, presumably assuming he would be able to harness it's energy to faceroll the High Elves and not considering that if he failed the world would literally end, considering the possibility that he might doom the world to be worth the risk if he could be king. I could also see Skaven having some sort of scheme if they figured out how to shut it off.
  • endurendur Posts: 2,995Registered Users

What scale will the combined campaign map be? I really hope the provinces aren't shrunk down (so we end up with a one-region Athel Loren, for instance)

If they cut regions, I would guess that Athel Loren would be reduced to 3 regions, starting regions for Orion and Durthu, and the Oak of Ages. That would be 5 to 3.

• UrgatUrgat Posts: 992Registered Users

I hope we find out that Eltharion was just bragging and being a true elf when he LIED about killing Grom and that Grom will show back up after such a long absence having eaten a few more trolls and ready for vengeance on Ulthuan!

He never said he killed Grom, afaik. In the 4th ed HE armybook, we get a very detailled retelling of Grom's trip on Ulthuan. Last he's seens, he's walking away from Tor Yvresse, absolutly unharmed. During the whole thing, he didn't suffer the slightest flesh wound (which made his regeneration quite useless :p). Eltharion never even crosses swords with him, he went for Black Tooth (who was completely drunk on the power he tapped from the obelisk network that stabilizes the vortex). One coule argue he may steal be alive because of the troll meat and because it wasn't that long ago, but, well, weither you like it or not, ET is cannon, and we never hear from him again, so we gotta assume he at the very least retired before the world went pop.
  • GalbakorGalbakor Posts: 9Registered Users
    What is going to happen with sieges? Will we get real sieges like in previous games or are we going to get the same style of siege as we had in the first warhammer total war game? (A siege system that no one seems to like)
    edited April 2017
    Urgat said:

He never said he killed Grom, afaik. In the 4th ed HE armybook, we get a very detailled retelling of Grom's trip on Ulthuan. Last he's seens, he's walking away from Tor Yvresse, absolutly unharmed. During the whole thing, he didn't suffer the slightest flesh wound (which made his regeneration quite useless :p). Eltharion never even crosses swords with him, he went for Black Tooth (who was completely drunk on the power he tapped from the obelisk network that stabilizes the vortex). One coule argue he may steal be alive because of the troll meat and because it wasn't that long ago, but, well, weither you like it or not, ET is cannon, and we never hear from him again, so we gotta assume he at the very least retired before the world went pop.
    I was directed to this the last time I said "Grom is still alive" on this forum. But I TRULY hope that he makes it into TW:W123.

Taken from https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Grom_the_Paunch

"At that moment, a new force entered the city; a massive army of Elves, far better equipped than army Grom had ever seen, arrived seemingly from nowhere. The leader of the force, a regal Elf with nothing but hatred in his heart after seeing the devastation of his home, beheaded Ol'Blacktoof as he passed him on his gryphon Stormwing on his way to the tower. There, Eltharion and his two trusted Mages attempted to calm the Winds of Magic and save the world. Nobody knows what happened exactly other than the two Mages were never seen seen again and from that day forward, the cocky and roguish Eltharion carried the demeanor of a driven and mistrusting general with a one hundred yard stare. Grom's army was caught between battle-hardened veterans in front, and rallied defenders from the rear. Most of his army immediately fled, including Grom himself. Driven to the sea and the remains of their wrecked ship, all Greenskins were slain and the land burned to prevent the spores from rooting. Eltharion went on a rampage across the Old World, destroying Greenskins to the point Goblins everywhere would fear Elves.

Elves claim Grom's ultimate fate was waddling into the ocean and drowning. Goblins who knew him claim Grom would never walk, and that he either caught Ol'Blacktoof's Wyvern and made for new lands to continue WAAAGH Grom, or else rode a magic Elf chariot straight up one of the Annuli mountains. As many years have passed with no hint of Grom, most assume he is dead. It was revealed by a BL author that Grom is dead. Eltharion, on a solo mission, Hunted him down, Tortured him in ways that would put the dark elves to shame, then fed his body piece by piece into a magical furnace. The Grim kept this to himself since he didn't want the other elves to know he sunk to such levels of barbarity."
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,774Registered Users
    Urgat said:

I'm pretty sure some GW writer said that in the End Eltharion absolutely tortures and brutalizes Grom, feeding him bits of himself which then grow back over and over and just basically doing things the Dark Elves would think are a little much to him. Eltharion then felt kind of bad about it later and realized he was a bit of a monster. Not sure if that is canon anymore, or if it ever was and it might have just been that author spitballing a possibility.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    Question on warhammer 2 balance:
    The models and units created by your staff are amazing, but rarely ever get to experience the battle up close to appreciate the hard work. Will the balance impacting pace/lengthier battle be the same as warhammer 1? Any consideration of slowing things down or introducing an alternate mode? Thanks!
    edited April 2017
    hendo1592 said:

The models and units created by your staff are amazing, but rarely ever get to experience the battle up close to appreciate the hard work. Will the balance impacting pace/lengthier battle be the same as warhammer 1? Any consideration of slowing things down or introducing an alternate mode? Thanks!

During battle check the upper right of your screen. You have options such as Slow Motion, Pause, Fast forward, etc (so you can watch a duel between LLs and then speed up the long marches, unless legendary). Now that I read again...maybe this is not what you meant lol.
  • Gr_Ad_KinzGr_Ad_Kinz Senior Member Posts: 1,052Registered Users
    2+ Multiplayer Campaigns....Please...Like..this game needs it.
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

• VhaegrantVhaegrant Member Posts: 251Registered Users
    hendo1592 said:

You can save the battle and replay it allowing you to freely move the camera and pause at your leisure.
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KPosts: 1,807Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    Grace_CA said:

sbkline said:

Are you seriously still arguing with the actual steam page for the game? Clearly states there will be four races in Warhammer 2. I know everybody wants to find fault in CA's release of the game before it even happens but I'd say you are reaching a bit.

Ur projecting, nobody is arguing, nobody is finding faults or "bitching". We're just stating. I've stated they are guaranteed 3 races with the base game, a 4th race yet to come most likely Skaven, but it will be a free race like Bretonnia or will be another pre order bonus (later dlc), like Chaos, this is yet to be seen.
    No, we are guaranteeing FOUR races in the base game. Just like last time.
    I'm not sure how this was so misunderstood to begin with. Anyway, thanks for posting the obvious, Grace. If anything, it would've been a 5th race, or faction on a pre-order bonus/dlc. Tomb Kings, hint hint.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Posts: 1,351Registered Users
    Now Grace, you deserve my 'like' on this!

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • nathanc070nathanc070 Member Posts: 98Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    Grace_CA said:

sbkline said:

Are you seriously still arguing with the actual steam page for the game? Clearly states there will be four races in Warhammer 2. I know everybody wants to find fault in CA's release of the game before it even happens but I'd say you are reaching a bit.

Ur projecting, nobody is arguing, nobody is finding faults or "bitching". We're just stating. I've stated they are guaranteed 3 races with the base game, a 4th race yet to come most likely Skaven, but it will be a free race like Bretonnia or will be another pre order bonus (later dlc), like Chaos, this is yet to be seen.
    No, we are guaranteeing FOUR races in the base game. Just like last time.
    woo! Thanks very much CA you beautiful people.

Also, now that you are indebted to me because of my gracious, but valid, comment on yourselves... could you please find it in your hearts to increase multiplayer campaign capacity to 2+ players? Countless forum posts begging for it and like you guys say, this game will be HUGE by the end of its trilogy and DESERVES to be played on a grandscale...

There is nothing more upsetting than having to sideline friends and choose between them because you can only campaign with 1 other person. This game and the large variety of factions deserves 2+ :)!

Id also like to add, that the debate about whether it is 'too time consuming' has been addressed endlessly. people-want-more-campaign-player-capacity. They are willing-to-play-it-regardless-of-time-constraints. And as proven in Shogun 2 these-time-constraints-can-be-vastly-shortened-by-out-of-turn-decisions.

love and peace

Sequentisl posts combined. Don't hesitate using the Edit feature to add comments.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomPosts: 422Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    The pre order bonus could be a playable Skaven clan/clans in the old world.
    So you would still get the Skaven as a base race for the new world in the form of clan pestilens (since the 2nd game is solely about the new world) but they could be a playable bonus race for the old world if you pre order. It's also a clever way to encourage new players to buy the 1st Warhammer if they haven't already and shows to both new and existing players that the old world has not been entirely abandoned in terms of its ongoing development. These clans would of course appear in the old world anyway but as a non-playable faction.

• HaraddaHaradda Posts: 46Registered Users
    Galbakor said:

What is going to happen with sieges? Will we get real sieges like in previous games or are we going to get the same style of siege as we had in the first warhammer total war game? (A siege system that no one seems to like)

Just to give a little bit of balance, I can say that I for one do like the siege system as it currently is.
  • MRFlackMRFlack Member Posts: 249Registered Users
    Maps! When do I get a taste of some A-grade, uncut, primo cartography?
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,537Registered Users

hendo1592 said:

During battle check the upper right of your screen. You have options such as Slow Motion, Pause, Fast forward, etc (so you can watch a duel between LLs and then speed up the long marches, unless legendary). Now that I read again...maybe this is not what you meant lol.
    Lol no it wasn't what I meant. I was reading your post like "that's condescending" but then read last sentence and realized you were not.
    Vhaegrant said:

hendo1592 said:

You can save the battle and replay it allowing you to freely move the camera and pause at your leisure.
    I am referring to in-game experience (real time). One of the reasons is because I wish to enjoy graphics better during gameplay. Consider this quick example, playing shooter games I like to appreciate the details of the graphics, but I don't stare at, say, a building, but enjoy the details of said building while I am running through it. Watching replays is fine but doesn't do anything for gameplay. Something urks me (pun intended) about playing a game but only able to appreciate its graphical beauty and employees hard work through replays.

Even when considering all the uniqueness in the game, most times I feel like I'm playing yellow vs red (unit icons).
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,573Registered Users
    mcar110 said:

So you would still get the Skaven as a base race for the new world in the form of clan pestilens (since the 2nd game is solely about the new world) but they could be a playable bonus race for the old world if you pre order. It's also a clever way to encourage new players to buy the 1st Warhammer if they haven't already and shows to both new and existing players that the old world has not been entirely abandoned in terms of its ongoing development. These clans would of course appear in the old world anyway but as a non-playable faction.

problem with this: The main race "Skaven" should sit in Skavenblight... and it shouldnt be lead by Clan Pestilens... yet i fear that "Skaven" might end up as "Clan Pestilens deluxe"
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • Cm1981Cm1981 Posts: 8Registered Users
    If the 4 races will be HE DE Lizardmen and Skaven, the early adopter for me (If it is a race) would be nice to be tomb kings.

They got the idea of that as the modelling for skeletons are arelady there, it would be cosmetic changes at this point. It would allow for the addition of land below the badlands as well.

To me it makes sense, but I'm just a guy.
  • Cm1981Cm1981 Posts: 8Registered Users

mcar110 said:

problem with this: The main race "Skaven" should sit in Skavenblight... and it shouldnt be lead by Clan Pestilens... yet i fear that "Skaven" might end up as "Clan Pestilens deluxe"
    There's no reason they won't have clan pestilins efforts in Lustria as one start point and clan mors as another in (under Skavenblight) I think we need to focus on the under empire part of the skaven world.

To me skavenblight would be a fantastic transfer point for skaven forces, ala the transfer points for navel forces in Empire Total War.
  • SilferSilfer Posts: 417Registered Users
    Cm1981 said:

If the 4 races will be HE DE Lizardmen and Skaven, the early adopter for me (If it is a race) would be nice to be tomb kings.

They got the idea of that as the modelling for skeletons are arelady there, it would be cosmetic changes at this point. It would allow for the addition of land below the badlands as well.

To me it makes sense, but I'm just a guy.

nope, no 'major' race as early adopter, remember WoC
    ps.:not totally out of question, but probably TK will be a dlc after launch
    Yes they can just do VC placeholder for them as they do with kislev and TEB
    mcar110 said:

so you don't have total war warhammer and preorder the game 2, now you have the game 2 and can't play the content of the preorder dlc because you don't have the game 1, GREAT prediction =D (sarcasm)