Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WARHAMMER II FAQ

Comments

• TayvarTayvar Posts: 9,444Registered Users
    Cm1981 said:

If the 4 races will be HE DE Lizardmen and Skaven, the early adopter for me (If it is a race) would be nice to be tomb kings.

They got the idea of that as the modelling for skeletons are already there, it would be cosmetic changes at this point. It would allow for the addition of land below the badlands as well.

It would be better is CA would not have an main faction as day one DLC, or there would be additional backlash, almost like the last time, with the Warriors of Chaos. Smaller faction like Vampire Coast or Conquistador Estalia/Tilea would be much more fitting.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • SilferSilfer Posts: 417Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

Cm1981 said:

If the 4 races will be HE DE Lizardmen and Skaven, the early adopter for me (If it is a race) would be nice to be tomb kings.

They got the idea of that as the modelling for skeletons are already there, it would be cosmetic changes at this point. It would allow for the addition of land below the badlands as well.

It would be better is CA would not have an main faction as day one DLC, or there would be additional backlash, almost like the last time, with the Warriors of Chaos. Smaller faction like Vampire Coast or Conquistador Estalia/Tilea would be much more fitting.
    or araby, remember: ulthuan, nasgaroth, lustria AND southlands(they talkend about southlands having desert, jungle etc)
  • cardinal170cardinal170 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Hopefully, It will actually release on mac like warhammer one was suppose to a "couple months after release" what a waste of 60$
  • MorbidlyAbeastMorbidlyAbeast Posts: 188Registered Users

Hopefully, It will actually release on mac like warhammer one was suppose to a "couple months after release" what a waste of 60$

Damn I wish I could buy a Mac for 60$ :wink:
  • EldrickEldrick Posts: 344Registered Users

Now the Feral have figured out the Metal API, I suspect TWW II for Mac will be released soon after release on PC. For CiV VI, Feral released the Mac version on the same day - so here is hoping...
  • Zealot425Zealot425 Posts: 2Registered Users

Super excited for combined map
  • JacklessJackless Junior Member Posts: 281Registered Users
    Zealot425 said:

That map could be similiar to what CA is going for in terms of scaling.
    Where did you find it?
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    Its just me or i don't think tomb kings will come in second game like evryone is saying. Neferata is in dark lands now and have many in commons with Tomb Kings.
  • bronhomsbronhoms Posts: 1,326Registered Users
    Harlec said:

2. They have to twist the big map a little bit. Do you really want to sail 6-11 Turns to Ulthua. By the way Lustria would be a longer Journey. I hope they will twist mainly the Ocean, to shorten boat travel time.

Why do you assume it would be that long? We don't know yet how much ocean they actually will fit in between Naggaroth and Ulthuan, but do you really think it would be 6-11 turns? Doubt it. It should be the same distance between Ulthuan and the Old World, and Ulthuan and Naggaroth.

Game 1 has not revealed anything about ocean distance, the world maps of Mallus you can find on google can be largely ignored, as they have been for game 1.

• Cm1981Cm1981 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Like I mentioned before, travel between the parts of the continents separated by large amounts of sea could be achieved by warp points like in Empire, they have the coding which would be simple enough to translate.

It would be a simple way to solve long distance sea travel. And who's to say the naval campaign additional stuff won't be occupying and maintaining trade points, like the HE citadels along the southern parts of the continents.

Second part wasn't likely but first is more likely in my view.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,013Registered Users
    Silfer said:

Cm1981 said:

They got the idea of that as the modelling for skeletons are arelady there, it would be cosmetic changes at this point. It would allow for the addition of land below the badlands as well.

To me it makes sense, but I'm just a guy.

nope, no 'major' race as early adopter, remember WoC
    ps.:not totally out of question, but probably TK will be a dlc after launch
    Yes they can just do VC placeholder for them as they do with kislev and TEB
    mcar110 said:

The pre order bonus could be a playable Skaven clan/clans in the old world.
    So you would still get the Skaven as a base race for the new world in the form of clan pestilens (since the 2nd game is solely about the new world) but they could be a playable bonus race for the old world if you pre order. It's also a clever way to encourage new players to buy the 1st Warhammer if they haven't already and shows to both new and existing players that the old world has not been entirely abandoned in terms of its ongoing development. These clans would of course appear in the old world anyway but as a non-playable faction.

so you don't have total war warhammer and preorder the game 2, now you have the game 2 and can't play the content of the preorder dlc because you don't have the game 1, GREAT prediction =D (sarcasm)
    Hopefully the TK will get the Bretonnia treatment if the land between the Badlands and the Southlands are even in Warhammer 2. They are too cool to be left for DLC. They will hopefully they will have a reduced roster only playable in custom and multiplayer battles at launch. They will then be put into the campaign as a FLC later, hopefully sooner than Bretonnia. If the game comes out in August or September I would aim for November or December for their arrival in campaign. If it comes out in October or November I would aim for February or March 2018 for their arrival in campaign.

Silfer said:

Cm1981 said:

They got the idea of that as the modelling for skeletons are arelady there, it would be cosmetic changes at this point. It would allow for the addition of land below the badlands as well.

mcar110 said:

So you would still get the Skaven as a base race for the new world in the form of clan pestilens (since the 2nd game is solely about the new world) but they could be a playable bonus race for the old world if you pre order. It's also a clever way to encourage new players to buy the 1st Warhammer if they haven't already and shows to both new and existing players that the old world has not been entirely abandoned in terms of its ongoing development. These clans would of course appear in the old world anyway but as a non-playable faction.

so you don't have total war warhammer and preorder the game 2, now you have the game 2 and can't play the content of the preorder dlc because you don't have the game 1, GREAT prediction =D (sarcasm)
    Hopefully the TK will get the Bretonnia treatment if the land between the Badlands and the Southlands are even in Warhammer 2. They are too cool to be left for DLC. They will hopefully they will have a reduced roster only playable in custom and multiplayer battles at launch. They will then be put into the campaign as a FLC later, hopefully sooner than Bretonnia. If the game comes out in August or September I would aim for November or December for their arrival in campaign. If it comes out in October or November I would aim for February or March 2018 for their arrival in campaign.
    Yes it would be better if the Tomb Kings would not be an "DLC Race", as "DLC Races" tend to get less content, because of "No DLC For DLC" Policy, that CA had yet not abolish.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • Zealot425Zealot425 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Jackless said:

Zealot425 said:

That map could be similiar to what CA is going for in terms of scaling.
    Where did you find it?
    From the High Elves 6th edition army book from Games Workshop
  • VhaegrantVhaegrant Member Posts: 248Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

Silfer said:

Cm1981 said:

mcar110 said:

Yes it would be better if the Tomb Kings would not be an "DLC Race", as "DLC Races" tend to get less content, because of "No DLC For DLC" Policy, that CA had yet not abolish.
    A grey area at best. CA do have a FLC for DLC as the Beastmen have recieved Harpies, and an additional LL with the Woodwork DLC.
    Vhaegrant said:

Tayvar said:

Silfer said:

Cm1981 said:

mcar110 said:

A grey area at best. CA do have a FLC for DLC as the Beastmen have received Harpies, and an additional LL with the Woodwork DLC.
    It was nice to get Morghur and the Harpies, and it's helped restore some faith in CA, but the Beastmen and the Warriors of Chaos are still missing many of their Units and/or Characters and Regiments of Renown. CA have hard time to give an full roster with Full Race DLC Price Tag, so let alone as "adopter bonus", so in the End it's bad from all aspects, for players who care more about content then about prices. If CA would give an Lord DLC as adopter bonus, then it would not be too big for them.
  • alex33alex33 Posts: 1,015Registered Users
    I'd rather have the TK as preorder dlc if they made the same effort as they did with the wood elves. If its more like WoC i will be angry af. And i also dont need the bretonnia treatment the tk dont really have that many super complicated units. Skellies are allready in the game they'll just have to give them new equipment and the empire unit animations.
    alex33 said:

I'd rather have the TK as preorder dlc if they made the same effort as they did with the wood elves. If its more like WoC i will be angry af. And i also dont need the bretonnia treatment the tk dont really have that many super complicated units. Skellies are allready in the game they'll just have to give them new equipment and the empire unit animations.

The 8th Edition Tomb Kings don't have only 'Skeletons', they have many 'Constructs' as well.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tomb_Kings#Tomb_King_Constructs
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Posts: 3,606Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

alex33 said:

The 8th Edition Tomb Kings don't have only 'Skeletons', they have many 'Constructs' as well.

Most of those fall under similar skeleton templates (hah) as units already in the game. Giants, minotaurs, and Dragon Ogres for example. Though I guess making those giant snakes would take some work!
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
    krunsh said:

Tayvar said:

alex33 said:

Most of those fall under similar skeleton templates (hah) as units already in the game. Giants, minotaurs, and Dragon Ogres for example. Though I guess making those giant snakes would take some work!
    Some of the Tomb Kings Constructs are an two and a half Charlemagnes to make at the very least. :)
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 659Registered Users
    mcar110 said:

This does seems the most likely option. Thus allow them to release tomb kings further down the line.
    Tayvar said:

alex33 said:

Yeah i know that. I own the tomb kings army book and they are one of my fav factions. But their sword,spear men archers, cav, cav archers, chariots, crew of the skreaming skulls are all normal skeletons. So most of the core roster has the base model allready ingame. There is not really anything in the roster that should have more difficult animations then lets say a hellpit abomination or a doomwheel
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Posts: 1,175Registered Users
    I wonder what army book editions they are using for warhammer, the 8th or some of the earlier ones? Trying to read on un the new races lore but not sure which ones are the ones used in the game.
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!

I wonder what army book editions they are using for warhammer, the 8th or some of the earlier ones? Trying to read on un the new races lore but not sure which ones are the ones used in the game.

Only 8th edition. not counting the ones that don't have any 8th edition army book then its the latest

Usually the Latest Edition, because it's most Up To Date and Most Canon, but there are few exceptions, like the Red Duke who was not playable after the 5th Edition. :)

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1710592#Comment_1710592
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Posts: 1,175Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

Usually the Latest Edition, because it's most Up To Date and Most Canon, but there are few exceptions, like the Red Duke who was not playable after the 5th Edition. :)

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1710592#Comment_1710592
    ok, thx for the info. Just finshed the 8th edition of the lizardmen army book, absolutely loved it, gives a nice overview of all potential units, lords and unique items, along with lore and art.
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
  • The LumberJackThe LumberJack Posts: 16Registered Users
    Question, are siege battles being re-worked? What's going on with the skaven, are they paid DLC and Tomb Kings are actually the 4th race, or you do guys have a big reveal planned for the Under-Empire denizens?

I'm a huge Skaven fan, it's gotta be hard to get them right I think, so good luck! Can't wait to play your game. (all reviews and info releases considered!)
    Jaggsauce said:

"...and a fourth race, yet to be revealed"

Oh you silly geese you :)
    showing that rat at the end of the trailer gave it away lol

I truly hope so Jaggsauce, they have such a cult following among the community that it would almost make sense to have them pre-order DLC. Of course we'd all be up in arms, including myself here, and I hate to say it, but look at what they did with Chaos.

If they did make them DLC free with pre-order I know I'd be angry but would totally have to pre-order lol. I don't have the moral fiber. I would lose a lot of love for CA though....

CA don't do that to us please! I know your reading this lol
    Another Question CA: Can you turn off or modify campaign victory conditions so you don't have to play the vortex to win?
    edited April 2017
    bronhoms said:

Harlec said:

2. They have to twist the big map a little bit. Do you really want to sail 6-11 Turns to Ulthua. By the way Lustria would be a longer Journey. I hope they will twist mainly the Ocean, to shorten boat travel time.

Why do you assume it would be that long? We don't know yet how much ocean they actually will fit in between Naggaroth and Ulthuan, but do you really think it would be 6-11 turns? Doubt it. It should be the same distance between Ulthuan and the Old World, and Ulthuan and Naggaroth.

Game 1 has not revealed anything about ocean distance, the world maps of Mallus you can find on google can be largely ignored, as they have been for game 1.
    I hear what your saying bronhoms, and we don't know how much ocean they will put in the map, but remember how certain quest battles for campaign required you to send your hero or general to the other end of the map? Easily 10 turns away, 20 round trip. So distances could be an issue. Skaven shouldn't worry cause they have a tunnel to the New World from the Old, but other races might have a hard time.
  • MerarchesMerarches Posts: 461Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    In the ingame old World map ulthuan is just maybe 3-4 Turner away. U can finden Somerville Land in the fog with the cursor