Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WARHAMMER II FAQ

Comments

• RaindanceRyanRaindanceRyan Posts: 2Registered Users
    I just want to say that I think this looks amazing and I am really looking forward to it but my only question is about the mega campaign with both maps. Will there be any updates to the existing factions win conditions to include the warhammer 2 map? Right now there really isn't any reason for any of the existing races to even venture to the new world if all their win conditions keep them in the old word. Just curious if the warhammer team has put any thought into this or not.
  • UrgatUrgat Posts: 992Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    Krunch said:

I'm pretty sure some GW writer said that in the End Eltharion absolutely tortures and brutalizes Grom, feeding him bits of himself which then grow back over and over and just basically doing things the Dark Elves would think are a little much to him. Eltharion then felt kind of bad about it later and realized he was a bit of a monster. Not sure if that is canon anymore, or if it ever was and it might have just been that author spitballing a possibility.

Righto, quote time.

High Elves 5th ed armybook, p81

"In the streets bellow Grom fought, irresistible axe lashing to the left and to the right. Where it struck an elf warrior fell. Around him his ladz fought bravely, heartened by the prowess of their leader, confident of victory. Slowly the elves were pushed back from the square. Then Black Tooth's headless body plumetted out of the sky and landed on the front of Grom's chariot. The goblin chieftain halted, stunned by the death of his old friend. Seeing their leader dumbfounded and their invincible shaman dead, the goblins halted.

The elves were heartened by the arrival of Eltharion in their midst and they charged with renewed determination into the horde. The goblins died in droves and the few survivors were thrown back and, with their nerve broken, fled. Not even Grom's impassioned howling could halt them. Aknowledging defeat, Grom shrugged and followed. The Elves were too weary to follow.

No-one knows what happened next. Eltharion entered the Warden's tower with four of the bravest warriors of the battle."

And so on.

That's the last paragraphs about Grom in the actual recollection of the events. So Eltharion never even meets Grom, and he has no time to run after him either. In all that, the only thing Grom suffers from is dodgy plot device, but he doesn't get hurt nor captured otherwise.

The last paragraph of the page offers conjectures from third parties as to what might have happened to Grom. Some very far-fetched ones (on purpose), might I had.
    Some think he died from the wounds Eltharion gave him, but as we got the entire battle described just before, we know they never even met. (so, wrong)
    Or he went to the mountains (likely).
    Or he flew back to the Old World on the back of Doomserpent (his shaman's wyvern). (unlikely, or we'd have heard from him again. Plus it's a damn long trip to fly in one go for a wyvern with the fatest goblin ever on his back).

To wrap it up, the story ends with this:

"No ones knows for sure. He was never heard of again" (last paragraph).

That's the only detailled retelling of Grom's adventures on Ulthuan we've ever had, it was never revisited again after that, we only ever got the mandatory copy/past summary in the next Orc é Goblins armybooks (with some editing in the 7th ed version though: Grom sacks Middenheim in this one).

I've read pretty much all the Fantasy armybooks from 4th till ET, and the White Dwarfs from that era, and I've never seen that one, so I've no idea where the 1d4chan page draws its info from, but considering the mention of spores and stuff in it, it's most likely made up (spored were tentatively introduced in one paragraph in the 7th or 8th ed BRB -I don't remember which one- about how greenskins came in the Warhammer world, but were never mentionned again after that, not even in the Orcs & Goblins armybooks). As for the "BL author reveal", well, point me to a book, and I'll happily conceide I'm wrong (or not. The Gotrek and Felix books happily mention the Storm of Chaos, and yet in the canon it's never happened now as it's been retconned, and yet Gotrek and Felix are canon -so they live through both the SoC and the ET -that's how boss Gotrek is-, so go wonder).

Oh, and sorry folks for the OT, I won't push this topic further.
    Post edited by Urgat on
  • az88az88 Posts: 3,065Registered Users
    There's no "canon" that Grom was killed - or none I've ever seen. It was left open specifically so that players could use Grom in "current" battles, as he was one of the major characters with the relaunch of Warhammer when we got 4th edition.

The boxed game came with a campaign (and some quite nice cardboard models of Eltharion and Grom) and Rick Preistley and Jervis Johnson wanted people to be able to continue their own campaigns after they'd finished the one in the box. It was seen as a good way to get people to build armies (Jervis is still an advocate of GW doing narrative campaigns for that reason).

The "chopped him to bits" thing was something Josh Reynolds said when asked at an event. Josh was asked to write some stuff for Eltharion to move his story on as part of 6th edition's slight advance in the timeline. It was a background he worked on but nothing of it was ever published; he basically just used it to inform his writing about Eltharion.
  • az88az88 Posts: 3,065Registered Users
    Regarding the purpose of the thread:

Have CA clarified what is meant by "1/3 more conquerable land regions"?

Is the term "land regions" there being used as a term of art, to refer to in-game values (I think "region" in the game means a settlement), or are the maps about the same physical size but with more open land on the map itself (ie fewer mountains taking up space, etc)?
  • CirueloCiruelo Posts: 107Registered Users
    Sorry if this has been answered already but will it be necessary to buy a new blood dlc for game 2?

• MerarchesMerarches Posts: 461Registered Users
    read somewhere, that u can use all DLC u own for game 1 in game 2.

And yeah, no DLC races^^
  • GrumpyTheGreatGrumpyTheGreat Senior Member Posts: 268Registered Users
    I hope the game ends up more sandbox gameplay, cause for me one of the biggest draw backs with Warhammer and also Attila both the Chaos and Attila script. I don't like every game being they turn up on turn '''what ever, and kill everything in their path.
    Would be nice to see a more random faction dominate!
  • CintegoCintego Posts: 192Registered Users
    Ciruelo said:

Sorry if this has been answered already but will it be necessary to buy a new blood dlc for game 2?

it carries over
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Posts: 1,109Registered Users
    Will you guys be streaming this? and if so, when :D
  • GrumpyTheGreatGrumpyTheGreat Senior Member Posts: 268Registered Users
    edited May 2017
    Got to say I'm a bit off put by the pricing, pre order on EB games shows it costing $10 more than TWW1 did upon release !
    Why?
    Mind you I pre ordered TWW1 at EB, and a day before pick up saw it for $20 less and got them to price match it.

Pricing seems all over the place mind you, the 'old World Edition', which contains more content is $10 cheaper than standard game......please explain :s lol
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,491Registered Users
    Nazred said:

What is the goal of this thread? Can we ask questions here that will be adressed?

I'm sure the community team (mainly Whalen) is keeping track of common asked questions or questions, they are able to answer, that would give insight into the game and will be answered at some point in time. How about first thing Monday @CA_Whelan ? ;)
  • NazredNazred Senior Member Posts: 916Registered Users
    hendo1592 said:

Nazred said:

What is the goal of this thread? Can we ask questions here that will be adressed?

I'm sure the community team (mainly Whalen) is keeping track of common asked questions or questions, they are able to answer, that would give insight into the game and will be answered at some point in time. How about first thing Monday @CA_Whelan ? ;)
    It's weird cause it's called a FAQ but I have looked around and almost none of the questions have been answered. Is a FAQ here different then I am used to on other forums?
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Posts: 1,228Registered Users

I hope the game ends up more sandbox gameplay, cause for me one of the biggest draw backs with Warhammer and also Attila both the Chaos and Attila script. I don't like every game being they turn up on turn '''what ever, and kill everything in their path.
    Would be nice to see a more random faction dominate!

I suggest you to take this combo mod : no confederation + no units of renown + no regional occupation (facultative).
    I'm sur you will enjoy this :wink:
    Nazred said:

hendo1592 said:

Nazred said:

It's weird cause it's called a FAQ but I have looked around and almost none of the questions have been answered. Is a FAQ here different then I am used to on other forums?
    The title is a little wonky. Should probably say "...FAQ collection" or "submit your questions"
  • NazredNazred Senior Member Posts: 916Registered Users
    edited May 2017
    hendo1592 said:

Nazred said:

hendo1592 said:

Nazred said:

The title is a little wonky. Should probably say "...FAQ collection" or "submit your questions"
    Yes i think so as well. But it is quite sad I wish there was more of a direct communication possible between community and the staff. It's frustating that there are no transparent communication channels and they always seem to be afraid to give direct answers anyway.
  • Alchsgirl23Alchsgirl23 Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    Nazred said:

hendo1592 said:

Nazred said:

hendo1592 said:

Nazred said:

Yes i think so as well. But it is quite sad I wish there was more of a direct communication possible between community and the staff. It's frustating that there are no transparent communication channels and they always seem to be afraid to give direct answers anyway.
    I agree with you but I can see why they don't. If they gave direct answers, it would put them on direct deadlines, and then if they didn't meet those deadlines, there would be hell to pay from the fanbase. It'd be a ****.

I just want them to let me preorder it so I don't have to worry about missing the top collector's edition. If I miss that, RIP me, cuz lizardmen is my favorite team.
  • PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,218Registered Users
    @CA_Whelan

Will Amazons be in the game? Lorefully they're in Lustria, and they'd make for an interesting NPC faction that'll probably defeat me :<
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,878Registered Users
    edited May 2017
    PaulH said:

@CA_Whelan

Will Amazons be in the game? Lorefully they're in Lustria, and they'd make for an interesting NPC faction that'll probably defeat me :<</p>

No, there almost nothing about they in the lore, mostly is fan-made. and you can't make a entire factions with that.

Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
    edited May 2017
    @corvo

Sorry, but you are wrong about that. There is a surprising amount of lore for the Amazons that has been published over the years, either hints in army books and rulebooks or whole White Dwarf articles and dogs of war regiments/mordheim warbands dedicated to them. I made the Warhammer Potential Unit lists over on twcenter.net, if you've seen them, you'll know just how much I've delved into the canon of Warhammer to dig up information. When it comes to the Amazons, I found more than enough units for a full army list, at least as many as Kislev have in the canon/tabletop and more than I found for the Border Princes and Estalia.
    edited May 2017
    PaulH said:

There is a surprising amount of lore for the Amazons

Sources pls.
    PaulH said:

enough units for a full army list

units aren't the only problem, this is a total war game. you need buildings, techs, special feature etc... also make them "balanced" Supposedly to the others factions.

I don't know too much about Amazons, but I know that they mostly live in a tiny Island, you know, because they are a "tribe" not an organized empire. and thats why looks so ridiculous to me imagine them as a faction, conquering half of the new world, (even if they are NPC faction)
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    There were very few known buildings for any faction prior to TWW, those few being buildings of note such as the Colleges of Magic, so that's a moot point.

As you said, you don't know too much about Amazons, which is fair as most don't and I delved very deeply into their lore to build the thread dedicated to them and their units. They are a power in Lustria, not a world power but still a power, and if you have an issue with a small faction conquering the world then I think you may be playing the wrong game. Total War is essentially a giant What If? scenario. You wouldn't find the Wood Elves conquering the world in the lore but it can happen ingame, just as you likely wouldn't see Kislev conquering Bretonnia and Estalia, or the Greenskins and Nordland teaming up to fight the Empire as happened in my game last night. Amazons as a faction would work, and that they are a tribe matters not, most greenskin factions are tribes, as are beastmen factions. Whether they are small or not is inconsequential.

Also, on the sources, if you go to twcenter.net and go to the Tools, Tutorials and Resources section of the Warhammer forum you will find all my unit lists there for every faction of note in the lore/tabletop that could end up as a faction. Check the Warhammer Information Index thread, that'll point you in the right direction. You'll find tonnes of cool stuff in there! (Dogs of War is my favourite)
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Posts: 511Registered Users
    Any chance the races from game one will receive some new mechanic too? To make them more unique or fix mechanics that weren't fun.

Any chance the races from game one will receive some new mechanic too? To make them more unique or fix mechanics that weren't fun.

If you are referring to the changes of battle pace, I am curious about this too. I am
    A little worried these changes may just increase the micro intensity, keeping us (me) in the clouds..away from battle. Clarity when the "time is right," CA would be much appreciated.
  • Kronos202Kronos202 Posts: 33Registered Users
    I read that in the 5th or 6th edition of their Army book Lizardmen had a "Special Spawning" Mechanic where they had Spawnings under the favor of their Gods like Chotek, Sotek etc.
    And that each unique spawning had unique traits like under the Water God they could breathe and move through water unhindered, of course in game you could give them a trait that gives them bonus missile resistance etc.

I just thought this mechanic sounded awesome and they could implement it like how Grombrindal's ability is in Campaign, with how you choose a gods favor for Grombrindal and gain certain perks. The Special Spawnings could be a random gods favor every 20 turns that buffs or gives unique traits/perks to certain units and the Lizardmen as a whole... (Of course a research option that reduces that to every ten turns :D)
    Come on CA, I want Temple Guard with Chotek's blessing have flaming attacks...
    Can you please implement this???
    I have just a simple Question.

When "Total War: Warhammer II" goes on sale, and I buy it, it will be stacked together with the DLCs of the first game?, (like Shogun fall of the Samurai)

or it will have its own space between my games?.
    Team Skavens

• twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,064Registered Users
    edited June 2017
    MP feature facebook discussion TWW 2 tomorrow Friday 2nd June 3pm BST on Twitch as well, no gameplay.

• KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Posts: 2,612Registered Users
    Multiplayer features are one of TW:W's most glaring holes. I'm interested for sure. Gameplay would be nice, but I didn't expect it this early anyway.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • StrachysStrachys Senior Member Posts: 249Registered Users
    edited June 2017
    I believe you can update your OP with the following for release date..

~~

Skaven & Lizardmen are the new races (yes, yes, Dark/High Elves..)

4 Skaven symbols identified, arguably seats 2, 3, 4, 8 on the Council of Thirteen. Rearrange (subjectively) in terms of power.

You get 2, 8, 4, 3.

The sum of which = 17

Slann Mazdamundi rouses from his study of the ancient tablets found on the Turtle Isles -declaring that they depict a step in the Old Ones plan to rid the world of the lesser races- and repels the great Chaos invasion led by Vashnaar..a few years of so after the crowning of Karl Franz..2522 IC.

So 2, 5, 2, 2

The sum of which = 11

Now if you sum the digits of each string as pairs you get

10 & 7 for 2843 and 7 & 4 for 2522, while the sum of those corresponding pairings is 10+7 = 17 and 7 + 4 = 11

What convinces me though is,

2843 2522
    6-4-1-1+3-3-0 = 0

The dates were meant to be.

Also....the first announce trailer..to the nearest millisecond ends- displaying the total war logo at 2.252s and the "just a rat" reveals itself at 2.348s :O
    Post edited by Strachys on
  • ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Posts: 490Registered Users
    Strachys you are looking for that which is not there. Your kind of people who see numbers in everything look far too deeply into everything.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.