Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WARHAMMER II FAQ

Comments

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,917Registered Users
    corvo said:

I have just a simple Question.

When "Total War: Warhammer II" goes on sale, and I buy it, it will be stacked together with the DLCs of the first game?, (like Shogun fall of the Samurai)

or it will have its own space between my games?.

I have a simple answer.

COMBINED mega campaign.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,878Registered Users

corvo said:

When "Total War: Warhammer II" goes on sale, and I buy it, it will be stacked together with the DLCs of the first game?, (like Shogun fall of the Samurai)

I have a simple answer.

COMBINED mega campaign.
    @Commissar_G
    I don't get it.

I'm talking about if the game 2 will have his own space into my steam games, or will stack with the first one.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
    corvo said:

corvo said:

I have a simple answer.

COMBINED mega campaign.
    @Commissar_G
    I don't get it.

I'm talking about if the game 2 will have his own space into my steam games, or will stack with the first one.

Total War: WARHAMMER II is a standalone title, it'll have its own steam page in your library and all DLC for WH2 will be on that page
    CA_Whelan said:

corvo said:

corvo said:

I have a simple answer.

COMBINED mega campaign.
    @Commissar_G
    I don't get it.

Total War: WARHAMMER II is a standalone title, it'll have its own steam page in your library and all DLC for WH2 will be on that page
    thanks for the answer @CA_Whelan!
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
  • CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
    corvo said:

CA_Whelan said:

corvo said:

corvo said:

I have a simple answer.

COMBINED mega campaign.
    @Commissar_G
    I don't get it.

thanks for the answer @CA_Whelan!
    No problem
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,917Registered Users
    Huh, didn't expect that. Not the first time I've been wrong though.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • StrachysStrachys Senior Member Posts: 249Registered Users

Strachys you are looking for that which is not there. Your kind of people who see numbers in everything look far too deeply into everything.

Just a bit of fun B)
  • PharaohParoPharaohParo Posts: 7Registered Users
    From the FAQ: "Will I definitely get my order on day one?

We do our very best to deliver your order on the day of the release. However, shipment delivery may vary according to your location or shipment method. As soon as your package is dispatched, you will receive a tracking number by email, giving you an estimated delivery date."

My question is: Do they ship the game on the day of its release or does it arrive at my place the day of the release?
    Those extras are cool, but not if it means I have to wait longer to play the game haha

Posted this in another thread, and am now realizing my question is probably more applicable here
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,491Registered Users
    @CA_Duck a couple (pairs of) questions on battle design:

1.) Will army abilities be available in custom battle and mp? If so, will any of the past races get their own army ability via the TWW2 (custom battle &a campaign)?

2.) any details able to share on battle pace changes (that was mentioned in lizardmen roster reveal)? Will any of these changes/features be implemented for past races in the combined campaign and/or custom battles via access through TWW2?
  • SkorpioSkorpio Posts: 6Registered Users
    Can you play multiplayer on the combined map if one of the players only has the original old world game?
    Skorpio said:

Can you play multiplayer on the combined map if one of the players only has the original old world game?

no
    Team Skavens

• LolTHELolLolTHELol Posts: 610Registered Users
    edited June 2017
    Firstly does anyone know when the second game get released if I own the first game and every dlc for it do I have to have them all installed to play the old races in the combined map, or just having ownership of the game and the dlcs will be enough to play them?
    Since by the time the third game releases total disk space needed to play every race would be huge.

Secondly do we have to end up buying blood and gore pack again? And if not (I hope this is the case) will the blood and gore pack be available from the launch of the second game for the first game owners?

Thanks.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Posts: 2,150Registered Users
    LolTHELol said:

Firstly does anyone know when the second game get released if I own the first game and every dlc for it do I have to have them all installed to play the old races in the combined map, or just having ownership of the game and the dlcs will be enough to play them?
    Since by the time the third game releases total disk space needed to play every race would be huge.

Secondly do we have to end up buying blood and gore pack again? And if not (I hope this is the case) will the blood and gore pack be available from the launch of the second game for the first game owners?

Thanks.

Not sure on the install issue, but the Blood Pack has an official answer, and that is the Game 1 Blood pack will work on both.
  • StephinceStephince Posts: 2,366Registered Users
    They will, however, have to release a blood pack for game 2, for those that don`t own game 1 ;)
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,593Registered Users, Moderators
    Stephince said:

They will, however, have to release a blood pack for game 2, for those that don`t own game 1 ;)

True, but it will just overlap anyway if they should buy game 1 after.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Stephince said:

nope really, they just need to buy the same blood pack, which will probably serve, whaever the game you have.
    Team Skavens

• LolTHELolLolTHELol Posts: 610Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Petromir said:

LolTHELol said:

Thanks.

Not sure on the install issue, but the Blood Pack has an official answer, and that is the Game 1 Blood pack will work on both.
    Thanks for the blood pack answers.

However, CA could we please get more information in regards to install requirements to play the old world races in the new world? Do I need to have the entire library of warhammer games and their respected dlcs installed to play every race?
  • Ness098Ness098 Posts: 3Registered Users
    How getting preorder bonus technically works with steam?
    Will preorder customers get an extra key(and when)? And how this works with getting TW:W2 from third party site.
    Here is a good sale but they say there is no preoder bonus and steam key is delivered on launch.
    http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/total-war-warhammer-ii-2-pc-steam-cd-key

Which third party sites sell preorder with bonus?
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,063Registered Users
    Ness098 said:

Will preorder customers get an extra key(and when)? And how this works with getting TW:W2 from third party site.
    Here is a good sale but they say there is no preoder bonus and steam key is delivered on launch.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1825279#Comment_1825279

See my post in this recent thread.
  • Ness098Ness098 Posts: 3Registered Users
    twwatcher said:

Ness098 said:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1825279#Comment_1825279

See my post in this recent thread.
    Thanks twwatcher for your reply, but I expect official statement from CA saying Yes/No.

So again I ask: There is a deal on 2game.com (which is official Sega partner)
    https://2game.com/total-war-warhammer-ii
    If I buy from them will I get early adopter/pre order bonus? I think it is ok in this situation to expect clear answer Yes or No.
  • SilferSilfer Posts: 417Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

corvo said:

corvo said:

I have a simple answer.

COMBINED mega campaign.
    @Commissar_G
    I don't get it.

when the game 2 comes out and the mega campaign too i will need have game 1 installed to play the mega campaing? i have game 1 and 2 already in my steam acount
  • DragantisDragantis PolandPosts: 171Registered Users
    I have pre-ordered boxed version of the game in MUVE.pl one of your Approved parters. I have a question about pre-order DLC, will I have a chance to play it before release of the game? Or only people that have pre-ordered digital copy of the game will play at this same time that DLC will be released.
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • perpetualdarknessperpetualdarkness Chicago, IllinoisPosts: 155Registered Users
    Sorry if this was asked, but will Warhammer 1 be able to play in multiplayer against someone who's playing Warhammer 2? In campaign and multiplayer battles?
    Team Lizardmen

Sorry if this was asked, but will Warhammer 1 be able to play in multiplayer against someone who's playing Warhammer 2? In campaign and multiplayer battles?

Game 1 and 2 have different multiplayer pools, you can play together on the same game and if you have game and game 2 you'll be able to play as game 1 factions in game 2
  • MrDarth0MrDarth0 Junior Member Posts: 224Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

Game 1 and 2 have different multiplayer pools, you can play together on the same game and if you have game and game 2 you'll be able to play as game 1 factions in game 2
    Will it be necessary to have both games installed at the same time to be able to play Game 1 races in Game 2?
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Posts: 1,081Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Double post failure. Ignore this one.

Post edited by AwesomeLion on
    Total War: Warhammer <3
    MrDarth0 said:

CA_Whelan said:

Will it be necessary to have both games installed at the same time to be able to play Game 1 races in Game 2?
    As far as I understand it, game 1 and 2 are two separate beasts entirely. So I think that you only need to own game 1 to unlock the races in game 2 as they are present there, but have been upgraded and uses a different code/programming or whatever from the previous title.
  • MrDarth0MrDarth0 Junior Member Posts: 224Registered Users

MrDarth0 said:

CA_Whelan said:

As far as I understand it, game 1 and 2 are two separate beasts entirely. So I think that you only need to own game 1 to unlock the races in game 2 as they are present there, but have been upgraded and uses a different code/programming or whatever from the previous title.
    But how will Game 2 know you own Game 1 as well if you don't have it installed or have it installed on a different computer?
  • Stryke1983Stryke1983 Junior Member Posts: 23Registered Users
    MrDarth0 said:

MrDarth0 said:

CA_Whelan said:

But how will Game 2 know you own Game 1 as well if you don't have it installed or have it installed on a different computer?
    Via Steam I'd imagine.
    MrDarth0 said:

MrDarth0 said:

CA_Whelan said:

MrDarth0 said:

MrDarth0 said:

CA_Whelan said:

Via Steam I'd imagine.
    ^ This. Steam has done this with other products.