Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WARHAMMER II FAQ

12345679»

Comments

• MrDarth0MrDarth0 Junior Member Posts: 224Registered Users

MrDarth0 said:

MrDarth0 said:

CA_Whelan said:

Sorry if this was asked, but will Warhammer 1 be able to play in multiplayer against someone who's playing Warhammer 2? In campaign and multiplayer battles?

Game 1 and 2 have different multiplayer pools, you can play together on the same game and if you have game and game 2 you'll be able to play as game 1 factions in game 2
    Will it be necessary to have both games installed at the same time to be able to play Game 1 races in Game 2?
    As far as I understand it, game 1 and 2 are two separate beasts entirely. So I think that you only need to own game 1 to unlock the races in game 2 as they are present there, but have been upgraded and uses a different code/programming or whatever from the previous title.
    But how will Game 2 know you own Game 1 as well if you don't have it installed or have it installed on a different computer?

MrDarth0 said:

MrDarth0 said:

CA_Whelan said:

Sorry if this was asked, but will Warhammer 1 be able to play in multiplayer against someone who's playing Warhammer 2? In campaign and multiplayer battles?

Game 1 and 2 have different multiplayer pools, you can play together on the same game and if you have game and game 2 you'll be able to play as game 1 factions in game 2
    Will it be necessary to have both games installed at the same time to be able to play Game 1 races in Game 2?
    As far as I understand it, game 1 and 2 are two separate beasts entirely. So I think that you only need to own game 1 to unlock the races in game 2 as they are present there, but have been upgraded and uses a different code/programming or whatever from the previous title.
    But how will Game 2 know you own Game 1 as well if you don't have it installed or have it installed on a different computer?
    Via Steam I'd imagine.
    ^ This. Steam has done this with other products.
    Expected. But it also means that players are forced to have a third party software installed all the time. Its amazing how widespread and essential for developers Steam became in only few years.
  • DamoclesiraeDamoclesirae Posts: 1Registered Users
    In my mind Total War Warhammer was a nice try. This game offered some funny hours, but it would have been better to continue with historical ages. For example a big part of the community expected a new Total War Medieval, me too. I won't buy anotherone Total War Warhammer, because there is no clear difference to the first one.

I hope the next Total War will continue with historical Terms.
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Posts: 1,557Registered Users

In my mind Total War Warhammer was a nice try. This game offered some funny hours, but it would have been better to continue with historical ages. For example a big part of the community expected a new Total War Medieval, me too. I won't buy anotherone Total War Warhammer, because there is no clear difference to the first one.

How bizzare. I'm super excited for the next game and the different playstyles, magic and continents it's introducing.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Posts: 2,150Registered Users

Like the 2 historical titles already announced being made by separate teams at CA. And several times in TW history have successive historical titles been close with not many clear differences.
  • McFluffyMonkeyMcFluffyMonkey Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited August 2017
    When Total Warhammer 2 comes out, I've been told they are planning on combining the maps together (Map from 1 added to 2) so for me does this mean we will see the online campaign mode move from 2 player limit up to 4? Because having two players on such a huge scale map seems a bit stupid, in the sense that one player could be on the other side of the map and there is no real interaction between the players + how do i stop them from winning if i'm half way across the map? idk ..
    Post edited by McFluffyMonkey on
  • AxlegolasAxlegolas Posts: 19Registered Users
    Please implement Albion when the combined map will be released. Just 4 ruins/settlements in each geographic direction should be enough to reflect the Ogham Stones that have to be captured.
  • quicksmartmcoyquicksmartmcoy Posts: 4Registered Users
    Do you have to play the vortex campaign or can you play (only owning TTW WH2) a regular world domination campaign? (without the vortex playing a role)