Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bastiladon Concept Art

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
In the jungles of the New World, the beast is king. Check out this Bastiladon concept from our art team:

The most heavily armoured beasts in Lustria, Bastiladons are walking fortresses. Covered in rock-hard bony skin and further protected by massive, iron-like plates, they can thwart the bite of even the mighty Carnosaur. Skinks use all their wit and cunning to trap these behemoths of the jungle, then train them to fight alongside the Lizardmen war-host.

They are often deployed without adornment, where their natural mass and vast club-like tails can wreak havoc and inspire terror in the enemy front lines. Those Bastiladons declared by the Skink Priests to be favoured by Chotec, the Lord of the Sun, are equipped with Solar Engines – sacred arcane machines that blast forth beams of intense heat, burning the foe like the condensed rays of the sun itself.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• CoveredfiresCoveredfires Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    I like it!
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,453
    Looks good! Hoping this means we'll be seeing some more game 2 info this week! :smile:
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,074
    I really like it, especially the alternate head/leg/tail views and the different perspectives.
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 825
    It's going to be painful waiting to get my hands on those lizard men.
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,676
    this thing eats arachnaroks for breakfast
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• KrilralKrilral Member Registered Users Posts: 910
    edited April 2017
    Ooooohhh...fancy :o

I like it, looks friggin awesome! Also, I guess the mention of the solar engine but not the ark of Sotek means the latter isn't making it in. Not a great loss if you ask me though. As long as I get mah lazor!!!
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Registered Users Posts: 1,493
    Goatforce said:

Looks good! Hoping this means we'll be seeing some more game 2 info this week! :smile:

Trickle trickle, drip mate.

E3 will be where it's at.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    32GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,389
    Oh. It's great. Dinosaur with colony laser is the awesome matchup.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,215
    Would be great if they would bring out 2 versions solar engine and ark of Sotek. [email protected] I would still love for you guys to bring out the Celestial Hurricanum variant for the Empire.
  • CarnakCarnak Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 218
  • Hache91Hache91 Registered Users Posts: 108
    A laser cannon on a dinosaur, a picture of my childhood

• ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightRegistered Users Posts: 2,019
    edited April 2017
    *Thirteenth Reply claimed in the name of The Horned Rat*

"Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,690
    Thanquol said:

sooo... have you finaly replaced Kritislik as Seerlord?
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightRegistered Users Posts: 2,019
    edited April 2017

Thanquol said:

sooo... have you finaly replaced Kritislik as Seerlord?
    Me no-no, I'm but a humble servant of The Council and The Horned One himself. I would NEVER contemplate replacing the wise Lord Kritislik. What do you take me for, some kind of rat!

On a more relevant note, so judging by this we will be getting two variants. One without any arcane engine on its back and one with the Solar Engine. Guessing Ark of Sotek was cut as it would be crazy to animate a weapon like that.
    Post edited by Thanquol on
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• nordoMnordoM Registered Users Posts: 103
    So, do "alternate" pieces mean that there is variance to the model or just that the alternate bits were once considered but now unused? Because I think each alternate is better then what the complete version in the middle has. Especially the large nose horn is uh ... unusual.
  • alex33alex33 Registered Users Posts: 1,269
    edited April 2017

Goatforce said:

Hoeth be with me i REALLY hope that the next 2 months will not just be filler "news" that would be freaking terrible
    Post edited by alex33 on
  • Sinter KlausSinter Klaus Registered Users Posts: 95
    I hope we get news about that "Old Friend" now as well...

...or any news regarding more content for game 1...

...specifically news regarding my beloved Empire...

...CA more subfactions for Empire pls... :'(
    To me, Sons of Sigmar...
    text
  • Pi2rEpsilonPi2rEpsilon Registered Users Posts: 211
    a) Looks great. There's nothing like mounting a plasma cannon on a beast that truly deserves the name "tank" to brighten the day.

b) Only one Skink in the crew operating the Solar Engine? Oh, well. Guess it might become fiddly graphics-wise with several Skinks clambering around on the Bastiladon. Let's see how it works out.
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,150
    great work CA

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)

Goatforce said:

Don't know, think E3 will give us release date and info on what pre-order bonus is, there is plenty of time for at least 1 faction to get it's trailer and info. Perhaps it is a bit close to announcement but the game is being released this year so they won't draw out the info drip too much I think.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,392
    Dinosaur with laser cannon? What's not to like? :p
  • Neolucifer2000Neolucifer2000 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 956
    What about the ark of solek? I was dying to see if you guy were willing to make it??? DLC perhaps?

Demand more love for Empire and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Built-in RoR like Hochland Long Rifles and Knightly orders! Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Tuskboar chariot and God-specific Gors! #MakeOldWorldGreatAgain
  • alex33alex33 Registered Users Posts: 1,269

What about the ark of solek? I was dying to see if you guy were willing to make it??? DLC perhaps?

Could be a great unit for a tehenhauin vs lord skrolk dlc
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Registered Users Posts: 1,074

Since they don't seem to be doing swarms I wouldn't count on the ark of sotek.

Although with lizards and skaven coming maybe they've changed their mind here? Otherwise I would assume no ark.

Although with lizards and skaven coming maybe they've changed their mind here? Otherwise I would assume no ark.
    Could be a passive damage aura like mortis engine perhaps?
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,065
    Goatforce said:

I don't think we need to encourage even more blobbing.
    Krunch said:

Goatforce said:

Surely it would discourage blobbing, at least by the opponent
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,065
    Goatforce said:

Krunch said:

Goatforce said:

No, it wouldn't, as just like the Mortis Engine and the Fey Enchantress having a direct damage AOE encourages you to blob up around the engine so that the Enemy is forced to engage you inside the radius of the AoE.
    Krunch said:

Goatforce said:

Krunch said:

Goatforce said:

No, it wouldn't, as just like the Mortis Engine and the Fey Enchantress having a direct damage AOE encourages you to blob up around the engine so that the Enemy is forced to engage you inside the radius of the AoE.
    Fair enough, but surely such blobbing can be fairly easily countered, at least by some races. Magic might be devestating in such instances and artillery may be able to take advantage too, or snipe the Bastilodon.