Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bastiladon Concept Art

Comments

• SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,315
    So how strong do you guys think this beast will be (in terms of tankiness)? It should be at least as strong as a dragon ogre shaggoth or steam tank.
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937
    edited April 2017
    @Steppelord Armor comparable to an Arachnarok spider and not nearly as many HP or hitting power as the big monsters in melee.

I'm kinda surprised they are mentioning a melee variant.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,767
    Looks like my peasants will eat well soon.

:grin:
    Don't worry.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,152
    Setrus said:

Looks like my peasants will eat well soon.

:grin:

I hear you man

My Varghulf will struggle to take this down. But now undead dinosaur that would be something.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • NflicknerNflickner Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 59
    eomat said:

Would be great if they would bring out 2 versions solar engine and ark of Sotek. [email protected] I would still love for you guys to bring out the Celestial Hurricanum variant for the Empire.

Totally agree--the Celestial Hurricanum is one of the coolest things from the Empire
  • NflicknerNflickner Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 59

What about the ark of solek? I was dying to see if you guy were willing to make it??? DLC perhaps?

Since they don't seem to be doing swarms I wouldn't count on the ark of sotek.

Although with lizards and skaven coming maybe they've changed their mind here? Otherwise I would assume no ark.
    What makes you say "they don't seem to be doing swarms" Just curious where you got that from. Was there a post or something?
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,480
    Laser Lizards! Makes me happy.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Registered Users Posts: 1,074
    Nflickner said:

What about the ark of solek? I was dying to see if you guy were willing to make it??? DLC perhaps?

Although with lizards and skaven coming maybe they've changed their mind here? Otherwise I would assume no ark.
    What makes you say "they don't seem to be doing swarms" Just curious where you got that from. Was there a post or something?
    Do you know I wish I could remember the source. I have seen it alluded to many times on the forums but I remember reading the original in a discussion around the game's release about Snotlings from the Greenskin army book. It might have been in the PC Gamer interview just before release. They (CA) said that they looked at swarms and had decided to omit them from the game as a named example of a compromise to bringing the TT to a PC game.

I will look for the article tomorrow to see if I can find it. Until I do just assume that i'm making it all up!
  • RJCPSRJCPS Registered Users Posts: 369
    Nice! I was afraid they would spend the next 2 months talking about Elves but this gives me hope that they'll give us Lizards info as well!
  • alex33alex33 Registered Users Posts: 1,269
    RJCPS said:

Nice! I was afraid they would spend the next 2 months talking about Elves but this gives me hope that they'll give us Lizards info as well!

Or we'll get nothing until E3 in June. In which case i will turn into a tomb king probably
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,831
    edited April 2017
    *controversial opinion alert*

Everything wrong with 8th edition Warhammer army rosters nicely summed up in one roster entry IMO.
    Post edited by dodge33cymru on
  • alex33alex33 Registered Users Posts: 1,269

Everything amazing about 8th edition Warhammer army rosters nicely summed up in one roster entry.

FTFY

• GunKingGunKing Registered Users Posts: 624

Everything wrong with 8th edition Warhammer army rosters nicely summed up in one roster entry.

PISTOLS AT DAWN!
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,451
    GunKing said:

Everything wrong with 8th edition Warhammer army rosters nicely summed up in one roster entry.

PISTOLS AT DAWN!
    CALL HIM OUT, SIR!!! :wink:
  • Neolucifer2000Neolucifer2000 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 956
    Goatforce said:

Could be a passive damage aura like mortis engine perhaps?
    Yeah they can make snakes "drop" from the ark animation which makes a AOE passive damage aura with a particle effect simalir to the tentacles of the lord of chang e...I will be happy...

Demand more love for Empire and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Built-in RoR like Hochland Long Rifles and Knightly orders! Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Tuskboar chariot and God-specific Gors! #MakeOldWorldGreatAgain
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,414
    The rear is a bit high but this bastiladon still looks nice. And the tail looks so... manly, if you know what i means.
  • Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Registered Users Posts: 1,496
    edited April 2017
    so how does this unit turn out to be? a weaker lyminark of hysh, but with the benefits of a single entity monster unit?

basicly a sniper cygor?

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • Itztli_ItzaItztli_Itza Registered Users Posts: 60

so how does this unit turn out to be? a weaker lyminark of hysh, but with the benefits of a single entity monster unit?

basicly a sniper cygor?

I don't know the comparative stats from the army books but I would say the beam of energy coming from the Solar Engine would be comparable to the Lyminark of Hysh. But the Solar Engine has a AoE effect where it essentially radiates thermal energy causing the cold blooded Lizardmen to warm up. So in WH II a Bastiladon equipped with a Solar Engine might give a AoE speed buff to nearby units.
    "Amid the darkness and horror of a world splintering apart, the armies of the true creators, we who were ancient at the dawn of time, will march forth once more. We shall sweep away all that is chaos and disorder, for ours is the true path, and none shall defy us."
    -Translation from ancient plaques attributed to Venerable Lord Kroak
    Team Lizardmen
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,722

Everything wrong with 8th edition Warhammer army rosters nicely summed up in one roster entry IMO.

Agreed but The bastilodon worked as it fit the theme of the lizardmen
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • JavorJavor Registered Users Posts: 910
    obippo said:

this thing eats arachnaroks for breakfast

If it's anything like the TT version, it won't do much vs an Arachnarok, and it will be the other way around :)
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,451
    edited April 2017
    I imagine in TT it is a bit like treekin, low damage but can survive in combat for ages except against high AP units, that about right?
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937
    RJCPS said:

It's probably going to be Lizardmen first to start introducing like the Empire then High elves and Dark elves back to back like greenskin and dwarfs because of the rivalry and then they are going to milk the hype and present the skaven shortly before release like they did with VC.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,833
    Looks great! I hope suggestions and opinions get passed down, but I especially hope the artist, animators and other supporting staff are told how appreciative the fan base is of their talent. The game is great to many, but it's CAs workers who make the fans like this when it comes to waiting to find out more information of the game...

Love the new information on the upcoming game but with no talks on battles has me like...

(The ongoing "80s over dramatic songs for longer battles" music series to be concluded..)
  • Pi2rEpsilonPi2rEpsilon Registered Users Posts: 211
    edited April 2017

basicly a sniper cygor?

Hmm, no. A Cygor is medium armoured and long-ranged, a Bastiladon with Solar Engine is heavily armoured and much shorter ranged, so unlikely to be designed by CA as a sniper-type unit.

Think of it more as a somewhat slow heavy tank that, with the Solar Engine, energizes nearby lizardmen as well as shoots a plasma beam to medium range. The beam should probably be high low normal/high AP with ditto small area explosive damage like the Luminark but with a different magnitude of damage, firing rate, and range.

In short, it is a powerful, very, very tough, melee-range infantry support monster, perfect for shoring up flanks due to tankiness but also useful in the middle of a blob of friendlies due to boosting.

So neither Luminark, Steam Tank, nor Arachnorok, but with elements of all of them.

If it is implemented correctly, then none of its abilities in tankiness, damage, or support will be worth it alone to bring the Bastiladon solely for that ability, only the combination of having something really tough in the line while it buffs and shoots will make it worth it - but it will make it very worthwhile to bring one or several to support the Skinks and Sauruses that are your main units.

EDIT: Moved the "stat the Bastiladon for fun" discussion to a separate thread as it doesn't have anything to do with the concept art:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/193959/stat-the-bastiladon-with-solar-engine
    Post edited by Pi2rEpsilon on
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,887
    I want to be a concept artist..I could do something like that.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,744
    I could make some disabled stick figures look like they're smiling/grimacing while failing to interact with the poorly drawn straight line that represents the ground.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806
    Really?? One damn sketch gets entire sticky thread?

And at the same time several high-value topics with over 200 replies across last several months couldn't get a sticky even though it was asked several times?

I'm disgusted!
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,422
    Thanquol said:

*Thirteenth Reply claimed in the name of The Horned Rat*

Almost clicked like and ruined the 13 likes :D
    Also on topic the cocept art is awesome

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.