Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tomb Kings for Total War: Warhammer II

giugiugaugiugiugau Registered Users Posts: 5
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
There are many other discussions about this but I must, we all must, make CA know they have to make a Tomb Kings race pack. Whether it will be free or not I don't care. They must be added to the game.
There are other discussions about how awesome Tomb Kings are and how they can be applied to the game. Hell, they can even make a mini-campaign set in the Southlands against Nagash back once again with his Black Pyramid. And if you have any doubt about how awesome their hstory is do a little research on the internet.
Post edited by giugiugau on

Comments

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,973
    edited April 2017
    Looks like you do not know
    A)that CA wanted to bring all 16 armybooks of the 8th edition, which includes Tomb Kings, into the game from the start.
    B)that we already had a russian datamine a year ago, which already listed a Tomb Kings DLC.
    http://totalwars.ru/index.php/total-war-warhammer-news/2576-total-war-warhammer-fb-dlc-and-expansion-pack-plans.html

Plans in that regard may have changed slightly which may screw up the release order but as sure as hell, we will have Tomb Kings as race one day.

-----Red Dox
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,112
    The southlands is going to be introduced in warhammer 2 which is where the tomb kings are located.
  • alex33alex33 Registered Users Posts: 1,269
    If they make them a dlc race i really hope they learned from the BM and WE DLC and give them EVERYTHING they have in the armybook. Else i will mount the chariot of the gods myself draw the blessed blade of ptra and order all legions to seize the CA headquarters.

NO MORE STUPID CHARLEMAGNE EXCUSES FOR THE LOVE OF USIRIAN CA!
  • giugiugaugiugiugau Registered Users Posts: 5
    Red_Dox said:

Looks like you do not know
    A)that CA wanted to bring all 16 armybooks of the 8th edition, which includes Tomb Kings, into the game from the start.
    B)that we already had a russian datamine a year ago, which already listed a Tomb Kings DLC.
    http://totalwars.ru/index.php/total-war-warhammer-news/2576-total-war-warhammer-fb-dlc-and-expansion-pack-plans.html

Plans in that regard may have changed slightly which may screw up the release order but as sure as hell, we will have Tomb Kings as race one day.

-----Red Dox

Good. Thanks for the info.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,362
    Tomb Kings would be added to Total War: Warhammer sooner or later anyway, so don't worry about them, they are one of the Main Factions. And you don't want them as day one DLC, or they would be missing much content, just like the Warriors of Chaos, so it's better to be Patient.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,772
    When TK comes I hope they bring a magic system to them that is more akin to the relentless nature of their Incantation "magic" system of 6th edition than just make it plain old Lore of Nehekhara normal magic. Perhaps making it more like Dwarf Runes and Empire Battle Prayers.

Also. Chariot spam. All day. All night.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    @RikRiorik Settra approves Chariot Spam. :)

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,772
    Tayvar said:

@RikRiorik Settra approves Chariot Spam. :)

@Tayvar His Will Be Done!
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,966
    alex33 said:

If they make them a dlc race i really hope they learned from the BM and WE DLC and give them EVERYTHING they have in the armybook. Else i will mount the chariot of the gods myself draw the blessed blade of ptra and order all legions to seize the CA headquarters.

Most of the list is probably fairly simple to model and animate. It's probably just the snakes and the scorpion that might be a problem.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    Hope they stay faithful to the lore and give Settra appropriate diplomacy responses.

Automatic refusal of any counter offers because that is daring to oppose his will, for example. Impossible to vassalise, because we know what he doesn't do..

Anyway, isn't accepted forum wisdom they're turning up in the next game? Only question being whether they're an unplayable Bretonnia style race until the inevitable DLC or "impassible terrained" out.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
    Draxynnic said:

alex33 said:

Most of the list is probably fairly simple to model and animate. It's probably just the snakes and the scorpion that might be a problem.
    The Constructs are not simple to model and animate, it would take some Charlemagnes to make.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tomb_Kings#Tomb_King_Constructs
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806
    Tayvar said:

The Constructs are not simple to model and animate, it would take some Charlemagnes to make.

I suggest You read carefully alex33 comment and decide on which side of his chariot of gods You want to be on. Cause right now You're walking pretty close to the impact zone ;)
  • wingren013wingren013 Registered Users Posts: 1,021
    edited April 2017
    Tayvar said:

Draxynnic said:

alex33 said:

not really. The thing with the Jabberslythe and Ghorghon is that they move in odd ways. Aside from the Sepulchral Stalkers and Necropolis knights I don't think any of the constructs have particularly odd animations. Possibly the Necrosphinx? (it's supposed to fly)

edit: Although the Hierotitan doesn't really have a model or much artwork, just a description.
    Tayvar said:

Draxynnic said:

alex33 said:

The humanoid ones are, well, humanoid, and only have two arms. Warsphinxes are just another quadruped monster from a modelling/animating standpoint, and they already have a rig for those. Necrosphinxes are pretty close to Dragon Ogres, although they'd need to add the wings.

As I noted above, the major concerns would be the snake and scorpion constructs.
    Arsenic said:

Hope they stay faithful to the lore and give Settra appropriate diplomacy responses.

Automatic refusal of any counter offers because that is daring to oppose his will, for example. Impossible to vassalise, because we know what he doesn't do..

As long as Settra would say "Settra Approves!" and "Settra Rules!" in the diplomacy screen I would be satisfied. I am not sure if CA would do the other things for Gameplay Reasons. :)

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/183355/tomb-kings-settra-suggestion-to-ca
  • alex33alex33 Registered Users Posts: 1,269
    Gosh they i hope they really learned. They need the wood elf treatment not the beastmen treatment. If they dont do one of my favourite faction the justice it deserves i'll be the sadest mummy in nehekhara =( oh gods i can already see the official explenation (aka excuse) thread of ca :'(
    edited April 2017

The southlands is going to be introduced in warhammer 2 which is where the tomb kings are located.

That is incorrect. Tomb Kings are found in Nehekhara, which also is already on the game#1 map (desert). The Southlands begin behind Nehekhara/Araby (jungle). So when it was stated that game#2 will include the Southlands, that means the map will get more south then expected and will touch the jungles and temples there (complete continent or only half, no way to know yet). As rough map sketch (since there are no fixed borders to draw upon) I would say

Of course going south and implement jungles and Lizards there, will increase the chances of the northern Nehekara/Araby to be included in this game. It is no 100% confirmation in that regard, since as poited already out, we already have the TK domain on the current ingame worldmap but no race DLC in sight. Ic could also happen that CA will hold TK back for game#3. Since they are running low on armybooks and if they want to include 4 core races in the next game either game#2 has to spare some or there must be some wonky creativity happen.

-----Red Dox
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,655
    alex33 said:

Gosh they i hope they really learned. They need the wood elf treatment not the beastmen treatment. If they dont do one of my favourite faction the justice it deserves i'll be the sadest mummy in nehekhara =( oh gods i can already see the official explenation (aka excuse) thread of ca :'(

I will be very sorry if that's the case but I will probably skip the dlc/preorder if they don't make a full roster again. Vote with your wallets instead of raging on the forums. They won't give a **** if some people make angry threads here while buying the dlc at the same time.

I could accept minor losses like the swarm but something like cutting the snakeguys + necrosphinx would be unacceptable for me unless the dlc is WAY cheaper than 18$.

Wood elves set a standard for upcoming dlc race packs: anything less than 100% complete rosters (unit wise) will be objectively overpriced if the pricetag is 17,49€.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,079
    edited April 2017
    @Red_Dox Remember the rezzed presentation mentioned desert maps though, which means that at least some of Nehekara will probably be in the game
  • SilferSilfer Registered Users Posts: 427
    Red_Dox said:

That is incorrect. Tomb Kings are found in Nehekhara, which also is already on the game#1 map (desert). The Southlands begin behind Nehekhara/Araby (jungle). So when it was stated that game#2 will include the Southlands, that means the map will get more south then expected and will touch the jungles and temples there (complete continent or only half, no way to know yet). As rough map sketch (since there are no fixed borders to draw upon) I would say

Of course going south and implement jungles and Lizards there, will increase the chances of the northern Nehekara/Araby to be included in this game. It is no 100% confirmation in that regard, since as poited already out, we already have the TK domain on the current ingame worldmap but no race DLC in sight. Ic could also happen that CA will hold TK back for game#3. Since they are running low on armybooks and if they want to include 4 core races in the next game either game#2 has to spare some or there must be some wonky creativity happen.

-----Red Dox
    100% incorrect, when they mention southlands they talk about a region with jungles and deserts.
    TK will be in game 2, game 3 will be stand alone as game 2 and 1 and will cover another part of the map
    Silfer said:

100% incorrect, when they mention southlands they talk about a region with jungles and deserts.
    TK will be in game 2, game 3 will be stand alone as game 2 and 1 and will cover another part of the map

When I draw the borderline like this,

you have desert "in" Southlands. Just not that much some people expect. Either way, Southlands is still below Araby/Nehekhara (the real desert regions). And Tomb Kings dwell not in the Southlands.

Regardings the desert maps, they have to make some desert maps sooner or later any way. The Dark Lands will also feature lots of deserts. But hey, we can also place deserts into Naggaroth.

or Lustria

so I would still argue that making desert maps is no 100% confirmation for TK being in game#2. It just makes parts of Araby/Nehekhara more likely. But we have these parst also for the entire first game and nothing happend there. They could easily still be blank places on the map until game#3.

-----Red Dox
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806
    edited April 2017
    Silfer said:

Terminology is set in stone by GW. CA can't use "southlands" word to describe whatever they want. The map provided above is correct terminology, so CA either adjust their choice of words to that terminology or will be bashed by fans even more.

P.S. I've never seen someone bold enough to argue with Red Dox. His knowledge is superior to most of us. Opposing him would be like opposing a goddamn dictionary.
  • SilferSilfer Registered Users Posts: 427

Silfer said:

Terminology is set in stone by GW. CA can't use "southlands" word to describe whatever they want. The map provided above is correct terminology, so CA either adjust their choice of words to that terminology or will be bashed by fans even more.

P.S. I've never seen someone bold enough to argue with Red Dox. His knowledge is superior to most of us. Opposing him would be like opposing a goddamn dictionary.
    Southlands is a mention to the ENTIRE continent, araby and nehekara are just nations present in southlands.
    Red Dox is a Lore Master but he is incorrect in this geograpic aspect. in the "warhammer fantasy era" they knowledge about the world is little, so they don't call "africa, america, europe, etc" they call "the old world"(in the exploration period) or "the empire,kingdoms of bretonnia, chaos wastes, dwarven mountains, etc" the southlands based in the old world(the center of the warhammer world) is ALL the land mass below the center of the warhammer world That's why the name: SOUTH lands
  • Herr_ArnulfeHerr_Arnulfe Registered Users Posts: 774
    Silfer said:

Southlands is a mention to the ENTIRE continent, araby and nehekara are just nations present in southlands.
    Red Dox is a Lore Master but he is incorrect in this geograpic aspect. in the "warhammer fantasy era" they knowledge about the world is little, so they don't call "africa, america, europe, etc" they call "the old world"(in the exploration period) or "the empire,kingdoms of bretonnia, chaos wastes, dwarven mountains, etc" the southlands based in the old world(the center of the warhammer world) is ALL the land mass below the center of the warhammer world That's why the name: SOUTH lands

I don't think that's correct. On the old WH world maps, Araby and Southlands were separate regions of the African continent.

That was before Tomb Kings were introduced. Afterwards, the Land of the Dead became a separate 3rd region. The 8e world map still has Southlands labeled in the same place as before. It's true the Old World is labeled as a continent, but I don't think Araby and the Land of the Dead are considered Southlands.
  • EizoEizo Registered Users Posts: 1,016
    I think the Problem is that GW didn't give a bloody name to Warhammer Africa and the continent was split into Nekahara, Southlands, and Araby.

it also kind of hard to imagine the game 2 map that incorporate all the confirm landmass with out being sort of a weird L shaped without adding Nekahara and Araby
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,189
    Red_Dox said:

Silfer said:

When I draw the borderline like this,

you have desert "in" Southlands. Just not that much some people expect. Either way, Southlands is still below Araby/Nehekhara (the real desert regions). And Tomb Kings dwell not in the Southlands.

Regardings the desert maps, they have to make some desert maps sooner or later any way. The Dark Lands will also feature lots of deserts. But hey, we can also place deserts into Naggaroth.

or Lustria

so I would still argue that making desert maps is no 100% confirmation for TK being in game#2. It just makes parts of Araby/Nehekhara more likely. But we have these parst also for the entire first game and nothing happend there. They could easily still be blank places on the map until game#3.

-----Red Dox
    @Red_Dox everything I have checked actually says that Araby/Nehekhara are part of the Southland Continent.

Southands is a continent. Just like Africa is a continent.

Araby is a sub-continent of the Southlands just like India is a sub-continent of Asia.

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Southlands
    The Southlands is a continent to the south of Araby.

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Araby
    Araby is a sub-continent of the Southlands, located to the south of the Old World

I also am not guaranteeing that we get Tomb Kings. But when CA stated we would get the Southlands, they very well could be ONLY talking about Araby and Nehekhara
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,842
    Given that we are promised a mega campaign connecting the 2 games, what do the people suggest will between the badlands and what they define as "southlands"? A Simple gab?

Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892

That was before Tomb Kings were introduced. Afterwards, the Land of the Dead became a separate 3rd region.

Before the Tomb Kings were formally introduced, both they and the Vampire Counts were part of a generic 'undead' faction. The Land of the Dead existed at least as far back as 4E, and I'm pretty sure that map has been used since.

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,382
    Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox
    Southland might be cut...

Might be...
  • GalenHHHGalenHHH Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,233
    ...Necromancy is something even TKs consider wrong...