Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

CA and Sega needs to stop working with and using the Total War Reddit sub.

MachineCultistMachineCultist Posts: 1Registered Users
The mods there are bigots. One said homophobic hate speech is just a stereotype and that it was okay to post. He also was defending Pepe meme's from a poster from the notorious The_Donald sub (look it up). Then that sub starts censoring any confrontation to him about supporting homophobia while allowing other Reddit users to abuse and harass anyone willing to stand up to them.

Later another mod asks for proof then makes it where I can't reply to give him proof so I have to create a new account to link it, then he completely ignores my proof and permabans me which was what he was intending to do all as long.

And the mods there have also been censoring criticism of Warhammer 2.

I have everything screencaped here. Going to be sending it to Kotaku and Polygon later as well as linking this all to other places because you can't let bigots in power get away with protecting, spreading, and inflicting hate, and you can't let them abuse their power to censor those that stand up to them.

Now I need to know if Sega and CA are against homophobia and the abuse of those that stand up against it or in support of it.

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 2,716Registered Users
    edited April 14
    the only thing i saw was one Person horribly overreacting... also: the Meme started off as completely unpolitical but was "hijacked" by radicals which lead to many people perceiving it only from that PoV...
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Metal noise, blood and fire, tell me what you most desire.

You've got some demon flesh on your bumper, but that's just the way the world is today I'm afraid.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 630Registered Users
    So the original piece of bigotry was the screecap of the Book of Grudges?

Wasn't that meant to be making fun of the Dwarves and their stoic, manly-man vibe, someone calling them that would result in a grudge?

• CometLuciferCometLucifer Senior Member Posts: 1,164Registered Users
    edited April 14
    They are bigots?! Hell, I need to start using reddit as it appears to be me-friendly place! I hope it is filled with tons of juicy hate!

Well, I dislike the part about consoring criticism. But I dislike SJW even more.

By the way, does anybody even care about Kotaku or Polygon? I thought they are more like deviantart, very niche and unsettling places.

Now, let's all relax and listen to Shadilay,
    Praise Kek

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe
    (____________________________________________║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]
  • MatmannenMatmannen Senior Member Posts: 1,110Registered Users

The mods there are bigots. One said homophobic hate speech is just a stereotype and that it was okay to post.

Ok? I mean, it's not a nice thing to say, but being nice isn't mandated. Ok, it depends on what you define as homophobic, but I know a group of people who is very loose with their defintions.

He also was defending Pepe meme's

Oh, noes!!! It's a green frog!

from a poster from the notorious The_Donald sub

I once posted a meme making fun of their lord and savior, do you know how they reacted? Like you...

Then that sub starts censoring any confrontation to him about supporting homophobia while allowing other Reddit users to abuse and harass anyone willing to stand up to them.

Ok, an actual issue. Thing is, it's just drama. The mods being partisan isn't an issue for CA or Sega.

Later another mod asks for proof then makes it where I can't reply to give him proof so I have to create a new account to link it, then he completely ignores my proof and permabans me which was what he was intending to do all as long.

I'm sorry to say this, but sometimes when you think the whole world is wrong, you are infact in the wrong.

Ok, and actual issue. Is the criticism about the game or politics related to the game?

Going to be sending it to Kotaku and Polygon

Ok, now you just made an argument for why you should be banned from here aswell. I really don't think Sega nor CA wants to be draged into some drama because of a moral busy body. I hope this thread gets locked.

Now I need to know if Sega and CA are against homophobia and the abuse of those that stand up against it or in support of it.

yes, the traditional define something as bigotry then ask that people support you or they obviously share the opinions of the people you declared to be bigots...

Please, take the politics somwhere else...

EDIT: I read your link, sorry, you're in the wrong here. I have a very stong feeling Kutaku nor polygon will care. Shortly after warhammer total wars release, I created a Memes thread, I challange you to read it: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173712/total-war-warhammer-memes-thread
  • TheOrganKingTheOrganKing Junior Member Posts: 620Registered Users
    Well first off mate. I'd say that you are overeating hilariously to a couple of dark humor jokes. I can understand if you don't like the jokes, but you literally made an account calling the mods Bigots, and you expect them to react well to that? You claim that you were wrongly abused but it seems to me you brought it upon yourself.

And Secondly, removing the complaints about Warhammer 2 are completely justifiable. All of them are about how unfair it is that a new warhammer game is coming out instead of a Historical, and that it's ruining the TW series. This is all despite the fact that we were told by CA before the First Warhammers Launch that it was going to be a trilogy, with all 3 games coming out relativly close to each other. As well as the fact that their is a new Historical game that CA has confirmed that they are well into development for. All the Complaints are something that are easily answered by a short Google Search, so any new threads on it are just complaining for the sake of it.

And thirdly, this particular section of the forum is about the Warhammer TW Game. If you want to complain about affiliating with various different people you should either try making a formal complaint, or at the very least posting in the Off topic section of the Forum.
    "Chaos strong. Gors strong. Humans, Elves, Dwarf — weak. We win. We fight, we kill, one day we win. One day soon. You — if you lucky, we eat you, make you into part of us, make you better than you, stronger than any of you, stronger than all of you. Once this arm weak, like you. I eat many of your kind, now I strong."
    —Karzog, Beastigor Charioteer.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 5,903Registered Users
    This feels like a troll thread. It can't be serious. Surely.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 2,716Registered Users
    "And Secondly, removing the complaints about Warhammer 2 are completely justifiable. All of them are about how unfair it is that a new warhammer game is coming out instead of a Historical, and that it's ruining the TW series. "

not all but the most of em, a few were about "why so soon? CA is milking us wiht Warhammer can't you sheep see it" and stuff
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

You've got some demon flesh on your bumper, but that's just the way the world is today I'm afraid.
    edited April 14

The mods there are bigots. One said homophobic hate speech is just a stereotype and that it was okay to post.

How do you define homophobic hate speech? 'Cause I know a group that is very loose about their definitions, but speak as if their personal definitions are common language.

Oh, noes a green frog!

from a poster from the notorious The_Donald sub (look it up).

You mean the reddit board that reacts to jokes like you are currently doing? Yeah, I've heard of it.

Here's a radical idea, maybe your "proof" doesn't actually show what you think it shows.

What kind of criticism, if it's just random whining, yeah remove it, lest it fills up the front page!

I have everything screencaped here.

Those don't show what you think they shows...

Going to be sending it to Kotaku and Polygon later

oh, noes, lets send these none news to washed up clickbait sites that when named are usually followed up with the phrase, "I can't believe I used to read".

1. Create ****
    2. Call reaction to **** bigoty
    3. . Go crying about it.
    4. ???
    5. Profit

We all know the modus operandi. Here's a challange for you, have a read of this meme thread and let loose: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173712/total-war-warhammer-memes-thread/p1
    Post edited by Matmannen on
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Posts: 1,440Registered Users
    Op makes me really sad and concerned about the future.

Imagine if in the 1940's we were offended by frogs.

I am so ashamed of being a millennial...
  • CintegoCintego Posts: 158Registered Users
    When someone tries to use the internet to drum up support for their cause and it goes horribly wrong lmao. If you dont like the content on the site get off the site.
  • obippoobippo Member Posts: 1,110Registered Users
    Awwww are you literally shaking, dear?

• SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Posts: 853Registered Users
    edited April 14
    Hah. Surely not? Even so, is this TW Warhammer related?

Shall we summon the Dark Mods of the TW forums to deal with this thread?

Edit: This guy is for real. He even downvoted all the comments in that thread. Look at his screencaps. Hahaha, every single comment. Oh my goodness, some people are driven!
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • Ancalagon74Ancalagon74 Junior Member Posts: 181Registered Users
    CnConrad said:

Op makes me really sad and concerned about the future.

Imagine if in the 1940's we were offended by frogs.

I am so ashamed of being a millennial...

Now there is a bigotry we can all get on board with...mismillennialism or maybe millennialphobia. We will have to do some brainstorming on the name...
    edited April 14

btw here we go again

• DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Posts: 1,089Registered Users
    Take a chill pill.
    No retreat,No surrender! FORWARD!!
    Til Valhall!
  • CometLuciferCometLucifer Senior Member Posts: 1,164Registered Users

btw here we go again

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe
    (____________________________________________║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]
  • CintegoCintego Posts: 158Registered Users
    Let the butthurt flow
  • JollyRogeroJollyRogero Member Posts: 444Registered Users
    edited April 14
    Sounds like I haven't been using the Reddit enough. Based on the OP report it sounds much more fun than wherever OP prefers to be. I have no time for SJW wankery and incessant autistic screeching.

Hah! He has screen capped the Thorgrim Grudge Book meme. That one had me busting out laughing so hard. Been looking for it ever since. Thanks buddy! Got a lot of peeps to send this too.
  • BardicInquisitionBardicInquisition Posts: 210Registered Users

People actually believe this helps? **** Kotaku and Polygon?

How do you define homophobic hate speech? 'Cause I know a group that is very loose about their definitions, but speak as if their personal definitions are common language.

Oh, noes a green frog!

from a poster from the notorious The_Donald sub (look it up).

You mean the reddit board that reacts to jokes like you are currently doing? Yeah, I've heard of it.

Here's a radical idea, maybe your "proof" doesn't actually show what you think it shows.

What kind of criticism, if it's just random whining, yeah remove it, lest it fills up the front page!

I have everything screencaped here.

Those don't show what you think they shows...

oh, noes, lets send these none news to washed up clickbait sites that when named are usually followed up with the phrase, "I can't believe I used to read".

1. Create ****storm
    2. Call reaction to ****storm bigoty
    3. . Go crying about it.
    4. ???
    5. Profit

We all know the modus operandi. Here's a challange for you, have a read of this meme thread and let loose: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173712/total-war-warhammer-memes-thread/p1 Btw: Is there a mod here deleting comments without telling you? This is the third time I post the comment and I've now saved it so that I can just control+v it in in a heartbeat. If you don't like my comments for some reason, just be open about deteling it and give a reason for the deletion. There is no need for this secretive crap..
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Posts: 1,690Registered Users

This is probably a troll, as this is his first post. I would advise you guys not to give much brain energy to this. It's a bit too stereotypically written I'd say.
    i6700k @ 4.0 ghz
    EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB
    1TB SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • JollyRogeroJollyRogero Member Posts: 444Registered Users

This is probably a troll, as this is his first post. I would advise you guys not to give much brain energy to this. It's a bit too stereotypically written I'd say.
    Eh good point. But this stuff does happen too. "Poe's Law in Action"
  • BardicInquisitionBardicInquisition Posts: 210Registered Users
    edited April 14

MachineCultist was a somewhat r/total war regular before the ban. Looks like he decided to share his grievances here with the rest of you too.
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Posts: 1,690Registered Users
    edited April 14

MachineCultist was a somewhat r/total war regular before the ban. Looks like he decided to share his grievances here with the rest of you too.
    Even if he is real, reporting posts such as joke images using words he doesn't like is just something I can't take seriously. If he is real he sounds very annoying and I'm not mad he's banned.

Ironically I'm banned from all of reddit right now myself, for posting a facebook comment section (it was public, on CA's facebook comment section). Admins aren't responding to me. Oh well.
    i6700k @ 4.0 ghz
    EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB
    1TB SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 464Registered Users
    Most fun topic in ages. The news/threads about Total War Warhammer has gotten a bit stale at the moment :neutral: .
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • PaulHPaulH Posts: 98Registered Users
    Actually, you seem the most aggressive one in those reddit screenshots.

Skipping off to Kotaku won't do much other than lead you to ridicule.
    edited April 14

Even if he is real, reporting posts such as joke images using words he doesn't like is just something I can't take seriously. If he is real he sounds very annoying and I'm not mad he's banned.

Ironically I'm banned from all of reddit right now myself, for posting a facebook comment section (it was public, on CA's facebook comment section). Admins aren't responding to me. Oh well.
    That's to bad. Personally, I have no sympathy for the easily offended, especially not when they try to provoke draconian reactions from our overlords by threatening to drag them into a PR scandal if they don't comply. Thankfully, I don't thing even Polygon nor Kutaku would touch this story with a ten foot pole.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 464Registered Users
    There is a certain hilarity to be had from someone called DavidtheDuke responding to this particular thread.
    Lord of the Undermountain
    RikRiorik said:

There is a certain hilarity to be had from someone called DavidtheDuke responding to this particular thread.

Welcome to the uncanny valley of offense taking xDDDD
This discussion has been closed.