Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA and Sega needs to stop working with and using the Total War Reddit sub.

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,140Registered Users
    btw why aint i surprised that, after opening htis thread, he is nowhere to be seen?
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • bol14bol14 Senior Member USAPosts: 824Registered Users
    This would be a lot funnier if not for the sad truth that the op actually believes what he just spewed and is now probably crying in the corner because people aren't rising up in arms with him
  • MatmannenMatmannen Senior Member Posts: 1,235Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    I think this pretty much discribes what has happened here and on reddit.

Warning politics within!
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,418Registered Users
    text

Here we see the Trolling OP
  • Donorma_IronshieldDonorma_Ironshield Posts: 383Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    It seems every week now there's some ideologue hammering on about their nonsense.

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,669Registered Users
  • ZerglesZergles Member Posts: 3,011Registered Users
    This is part of why I can't really ever go to Reddit. People like OP. Trolling or not, they get a soapbox to stand on and make threads or ruin good ones.
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Posts: 2,810Registered Users
    Why hasn't this thread been closed?

Either the OP is attempting to stir up drama, making him a troll, or he seriously believes that the social values under construct of a group ideology he subscribes to supersede self determination or the constructs of differing group ideologies. Making him a hypocrite.

Either way this does not contribute to the health of the total war community. Nothing productive ever comes out of these threads.
  • SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Posts: 1,189Registered Users

Why hasn't this thread been closed?

Either the OP is attempting to stir up drama, making him a troll, or he seriously believes that the social values under construct of a group ideology he subscribes to supersede self determination or the constructs of differing group ideologies. Making him a hypocrite.

Either way this does not contribute to the health of the total war community. Nothing productive ever comes out of these threads.

Lots of comedy gold though.

They're totally unironic, that's the best bit. You're genuinely undervaluing this. People seem to wish SJW's didn't exist, but I think they're hilarious. This guy is harmless, I wouldn't worry.
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    PC Master Race Prices: -10% unit recruitment cost
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
    edited April 2017

Im completely alright with his opinions existing though. Its good to have competitive morality and SJWs provide just that. But keep it the **** out of the total war forums and lets discuss actual total war subjects.

Even if we're just bullshitting about those as well because comedy is fine. Have you seen the Asur, Druchii, Chosen of the Old One threads? Those are literally just people bragging about how their fictional race is subjectively better then the other fictional races. And they're great comedy. Completely not serious threads however and thats fine.

This thread falls victim to time and place, and it being way the **** out in left field after the stadiums already closed.

Im completely alright with his opinions existing though. Its good to have competitive morality and SJWs provide just that. But keep it the **** out of the total war forums and lets discuss actual total war subjects.

Even if we're just bullshitting about those as well because comedy is fine. Have you seen the Asur, Druchii, Chosen of the Old One threads? Those are literally just people bragging about how their fictional race is subjectively better then the other fictional races. And they're great comedy. Completely not serious threads however and thats fine.

This thread falls victim to time and place, and it being way the **** out in left field after the stadiums already closed.

Yeah you're right. We should go for the Warhammer - relevant comedy I suppose. Shame.

Summon the Dark Mods! Sacrifices the souls of the weak! HAIL DGE1, DESTROYER OF THREADS.

• PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,226Registered Users
    Don't remove the thread, it's entertaining to see someone fail so spectacularly at rallying people to his cause.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,435Registered Users

HA HA [mighty grim laugh] Pathetic mortals brag about their subjective measurements of races. I on the other hand support Chaos, objectively the strongest faction! [[[WORLD BREAKERS CERTIFICATE]]]
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

HA HA [mighty grim laugh] Pathetic mortals brag about their subjective measurements of races. I on the other hand support Chaos, objectively the strongest faction! [[[WORLD BREAKERS CERTIFICATE]]]

See End Times....look what you did.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,141Registered Users

This feels like a troll thread. It can't be serious. Surely.

I take the bet for $1 US.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • GunKingGunKing Posts: 561Registered Users
    STAGE 5 PEPE TRIGGER

Someone get this man a SAFE SPACE!
  • MakoTheMakoMakoTheMako Posts: 1,246Registered Users
    Anti-SJWs are just a cringey as SJWs. You guys are either falling for a troll or circlejerking your own meme garbage for 2 pages. Can a mod please close this.

die about it

Anti-SJWs are just a cringey as SJWs. You guys are either falling for a troll or circlejerking your own meme garbage for 2 pages. Can a mod please close this.

Wow, aren't you just a cut above the rest?

Can you give us advice on how to be just like you? I'm in awe.

• CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Posts: 3,085Registered Users
    Nazred said:

What is SJWs??

Social Justice Warriors

Basically they are people who find something that someone said offensive. Rather than ignore it, they feel a duty to make sure that it is stopped and punished.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,141Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    CnConrad said:

Nazred said:

What is SJWs??

Social Justice Warriors

Basically they are people who find something that someone said offensive. Rather than ignore it, they feel a duty to make sure that it is stopped and punished.
    This offends me. Please do not explain was SJWs are.

EDIT: This saged thread though. I posted, and it did not update the position. Dirty mods, dirty.
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
    MrJade said:

CnConrad said:

Nazred said:

What is SJWs??

Social Justice Warriors

This offends me. Please do not explain was SJWs are.

EDIT: This saged thread though. I posted, and it did not update the position. Dirty mods, dirty.
    I find your offence to be triggering.

CnConrad said:

Nazred said:

What is SJWs??

Social Justice Warriors

More accurately they are people who interpret something someone said as offensive. Regardless of the popularity no interpretation is universal. And the resulting reaction is almost always driven by a need of fullfillment of their own morality not duty. People are not altruistic by nature.
  • Ancalagon74Ancalagon74 Junior Member Posts: 210Registered Users
    How should I interpret the phrase "no interpretation is universal"? Universally? Maybe you are really saying all interpretation is universal. Would that be a wrong interpretation? :D
    edited April 2017

How should I interpret the phrase "no interpretation is universal"? Universally? Maybe you are really saying all interpretation is universal. Would that be a wrong interpretation? :D

So we come to the inevitable result of every philosophical debate. They always end in paradox. The irony that the only universal truth is that nothing is universally true. Inductive reasoning and all that.

Everybody whos still following the crazy turn this thread has taken, has officially been Tzeentched.

Perhaps the dark gods are the ones who wish the thread closed? If that is true then we are faced with an untenable situation. Close the thread and serve the dark gods......or leave it open and feel your grasp on reality slip away.

--que evil laughter--

So we come to the inevitable result of every philosophical debate. They always end in paradox. The irony that the only universal truth is that nothing is universally true. Inductive reasoning and all that.

Everybody whos still following the crazy turn this thread has taken, has officially been Tzeentched.

Perhaps the dark gods are the ones who wish the thread closed? If that is true then we are faced with an untenable situation. Close the thread and serve the dark gods......or leave it open and feel your grasp on reality slip away.

--que evil laughter--
    What are you talking about?!

ONLY A SITH DEALS IN ABSOLUTES

• boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users
    exhibit a: https://adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/pepe-the-frog

exhibit b: a nazi, explaining his pepe pin at the perfect moment

keep your nazi garbage to yourselves
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
    boyfights said:

exhibit a: https://adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/pepe-the-frog

exhibit b: a nazi, explaining his pepe pin at the perfect moment

keep your nazi garbage to yourselves

I nearly thought you were serious until you showed the gif. Well played. Haha.

• hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,502Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    Nazred said:

What is SJWs??

A made up phrase to ignore social contexts and block empathy from any experiences outside of ones' own.

@boyfights It's so easy to smile at that gif. I don't think violence is the answer but alas I am human.

To op I would suggest you just learn to speak to your audience, and possibly allow explanation before you "go off" on anyone.

A place like Reddit probably isn't the best place for those type of conversations, especially when a well placed fart joke can make it to the top.
This discussion has been closed.