Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why I think Araby and Kislev and other minor races will be playable

NazredNazred Senior MemberPosts: 916Registered Users
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
Hello, everyone I just returned from a four-week trip and lets directly go into business!

lately, I was thinking about the DLC road Warhammer 1 followed and how it was going to be similarly implemented in Warhammer 2 according to CA themselves. Also, their statement that they will implement the 16 major factions (8th edition).

That and also in combination with the probability that every standalone game will be full priced €60,-(in my case, no idea what it will be in pound or dollar) made me conclude that they are simply just not enough major factions to give all the stand alone games equal content.

let's not forget that Warhammer 1 already fields 8 of the 16 major races. That leaves 4 races per both titles without the possibility for any FLC or race packs.

Imagine game 2 having the four races:
Lizardmen
High Elves
Dark Elves
Skaven
And race pack Tomb Kings.
No FLC
That will leave game 3 with only three major races and no room for further race packs and FLC.

It would hard to imagine to have three games all three of them the same price but game 1 with 8 races, game 2 with 4 or possibly 5 races and game 3 with 3 possibly 4 races if they keep Tomb Kings for game 3. There is just not enough major races to make equal content for the three games.

That's why I think the below will happen.
Game 2
Lizardmen
High Elves
Dark Elves
Skaven
Tomb Kings
Araby
Vampire Coast or maybe Amazons
Estalia (starting with an expedition camp in Lustria)

Game 3
Splitting the Chaos Daemons faction into:
Khorne
Tzeentch
Nurgle
Slaanesh
and adding further races:
Ogres kingdomes
Chaos dwarves
Kislev

Game three will maybe include the northern part of the old world with a playable Kislev in a more detailed province with more towns and cities but using the regular Kislev province in the mega campaign.

With the use of minor races all three games have the same content and in my opinion the same worth. I let you guys ponder of which of the races will be FLC or part of a race pack.

I will start a thread soon about game mechanics ideas for a playable Araby, I already did one for Kislev a while ago but don't know how properly link threads and it's probably outdated anyway.

let me know what you guys think and feel free to constructively butcher my theory.

Btw for those who say those minor factions had no TT figures, it's not a Warhammer tt game to video game but a video game made in the Warhammer lore. And the Warhammer lore is rich and diverse and gives a lot of opportunities and inspiration to be drawn from to use by CA.

Post edited by Nazred on

Comments

• DalakhDalakh Senior Member FrancePosts: 1,937Registered Users
    I think CA is simply not allowed to implement races that never were on warhammer tabletop (not including warmaster) at least that's what seems to be implied whenever CA answered to questions regarding minor factions.

Now Kislev having had a book for the Storm of Chaos there may be at least some hope for them.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,132Registered Users
    Please no major faction as a dlc because of no dlc for dlc policy. Wood elves and Beastmen are suffering from it already ( hope we get Ariel, and the sister's, ghorgon and jabberslythe).
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,132Registered Users
    Please no major faction as a dlc because of no dlc for dlc policy. Wood elves and Beastmen are suffering from it already ( hope we get Ariel, and the sister's, ghorgon and jabberslythe).
  • NazredNazred Senior Member Posts: 916Registered Users
    Dalakh said:

I think CA is simply not allowed to implement races that never were on warhammer tabletop (not including warmaster) at least that's what seems to be implied whenever CA answered to questions regarding minor factions.

Now Kislev having had a book for the Storm of Chaos there may be at least some hope for them.

Did they recieve ip rights per race or the rights to use the lore? If it is the latter they have a lot more freedom then you think. Also as in the op I do not think that the 16 major races is enough to give every warhammer titel enough content.

But ofcource I am just hoping and speculating.

As for this, I am 100% sure that we will get dlc for major races and I am totally fine about that if it means we will get them well done such as the woodelves.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,480Registered Users
    We shall see, but the Total War: Warhammer 2 might simply have Less Main Playable Factions.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,351Registered Users
    Nazred said:

That and also in combination with the probability that every standalone game will be full priced €60,-(in my case, no idea what it will be in pound or dollar) made me conclude that they are simply just not enough major factions to give all the stand alone games equal content.

No, there isn't.

However..

The majority of purchasers of this game are likely Warhammer fans rather than Total War ones. These are people used to splashing out considerable sums for one unpainted model made of plastic with bits that drop off at awkward moments.
    They will likely buy Game 3 even if it has a roster so skeletal it ought to be on a New York catwalk, and CA likely know it.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • obippoobippo Member Posts: 2,234Registered Users
    I sure hope CA gets the green light to add minor factions like teb, araby and kislev.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Posts: 1,109Registered Users
    Arabbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I would happily pay a minor expansion fee for a fleshed out playable Araby faction!!!! gimmmmmmmeeeee and TAKE DA MONIEEEEES
    Tayvar said:

We shall see, but the Total War: Warhammer 2 might simply have Less Main Playable Factions.

Lets at least hope for equal content if it is going to be the same price.
    Arsenic said:

Nazred said:

No, there isn't.

However..

The majority of purchasers of this game are likely Warhammer fans rather than Total War ones. These are people used to splashing out considerable sums for one unpainted model made of plastic with bits that drop off at awkward moments.
    They will likely buy Game 3 even if it has a roster so skeletal it ought to be on a New York catwalk, and CA likely know it.
    That made me laugh and sad at the same time. But it is still a total war game. Let the company be loyal to the total war fans as well.

Arabbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I would happily pay a minor expansion fee for a fleshed out playable Araby faction!!!! gimmmmmmmeeeee and TAKE DA MONIEEEEES

I think you are the most araby die hard fan around this forums haha
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,082Registered Users
    I hope for one minor faction. Kislev.

Give me Bear Cavalry and Gryphon Legion.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

Nazred said:

Tayvar said:

The DLCs tend to cost an Extra Price, so the base game price is Not Very Relevant to how much DLCs would be in Total War: Warhammer 2. That said I am sure want CA to add some Playable Minor Factions, but we still Don't Have Almost Any Proof of CA starting doing it. I am not sure if CA not allow to do it, or they just choose not to do it. I believe that CA can do it, if they want to, and CA can work on Totally New Units for Minor Factions with one of GW's Army Books Writers, as I hear that they did with the Totally New Units for Bretonnia.
  • Wing ZeroWing Zero Junior Member Posts: 823Registered Users
    MrMecH said:

No such thing as bear cavalry..
    ''The difficulty of tactical maneuvering consists in turning the devious into the direct, and misfortune into gain.
    -Sun Tzu

"Tolerance, Diversity, Strength"
    - Seleucid

Team Chaos Dwarf
    Wing Zero said:

MrMecH said:

No such thing as bear cavalry..
    It is in the lore. Ca already made units that didn't have minis (hippogriph knights), so if they make a kislev roster at some point it wouldn't be far fetched, specially considering the ridiculously small size of the kislev roster.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• EizoEizo Posts: 1,006Registered Users
    As of Right now CA has stated that they are only focusing on the Core 16 race of the last edition of WHF and bring only those 16 to life, at least that the goal of the project at the end of all things. Kislev still have a chance because they had an actual but small official GW roster once upon a time but every other minor faction sadly don't have enough to be added in

I am still in the boat that they are going to split the DoC roster up into 4 different faction in the last game regardless if people on the forum don't think its a good idea.
    obippo said:

Wing Zero said:

MrMecH said:

No such thing as Bear Cavalry.
    It is in the lore. Ca already made units that didn't have minis (Hippogriph Knights), so if they make a Kislev roster at some point it wouldn't be far fetched, specially considering the ridiculously small size of the Kislev roster.
    Yes GW added the Bear Cavalry in the Lore, at the same time that they added the Demigryphs.
    edited April 2017
    Tayvar said:

Nazred said:

Tayvar said:

The DLCs tend to cost an Extra Price, so the base game price is Not Very Relevant to how much DLCs would be in Total War: Warhammer 2.
    Lol how could I have such a tunnel vision. You are actualy 100% right.

Still adding some minor faction will equalise the content.
    Post edited by Nazred on
  • Wing ZeroWing Zero Junior Member Posts: 823Registered Users
    Please show me this source of this made up bear cavalry, one fat lord on yogi bear doesnt count.
    ''The difficulty of tactical maneuvering consists in turning the devious into the direct, and misfortune into gain.
    -Sun Tzu

"Tolerance, Diversity, Strength"
    - Seleucid

Team Chaos Dwarf
  • Berg_Of_The_WestBerg_Of_The_West Posts: 522Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    Wing Zero said:

Please show me this source of this made up bear cavalry, one fat lord on yogi bear doesnt count.

• EizoEizo Posts: 1,006Registered Users
    It just one line in a book though, Kislev didn't have a unit of Bear calvary in the Warmaster Roster so if and when CA even remotely decide to make Kislev if they can in the first place they would have to use extreme creative licensing it to make it happen
  • Berg_Of_The_WestBerg_Of_The_West Posts: 522Registered Users
    Well... we have the LL Helman Ghorst, hippogryph knights, aspiring chaos champions, marauder horse masters, and the blasphemous foot squires. Bear cav have more justification for being in the game than foot squires...
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Posts: 1,055Registered Users
    Eizo said:

It just one line in a book though, Kislev didn't have a unit of Bear calvary in the Warmaster Roster so if and when CA even remotely decide to make Kislev if they can in the first place they would have to use extreme creative licensing it to make it happen

I remember Kislev's Bear cavalry since 6th edition in White Dwarfs...
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Posts: 862Registered Users

Well... we have the LL Helman Ghorst, hippogryph knights, aspiring chaos champions, marauder horse masters, and the blasphemous foot squires. Bear cav have more justification for being in the game than foot squires...

Also the White Dwarf seems to be a normal dwarf lord hanging around and running cities.

Bear Cavalry means more sales to people who aren't hard-core Warhammer fans because bears are cool.
  • BardicInquisitionBardicInquisition Posts: 779Registered Users
    edited April 2017

Wing Zero said:

Nailed it.
    Eizo said:

That ain't just "a book" buckaroo. That's the 8th Edition Rulebook, the same one that mentioned the squadrons of Hippogryph Knights for Bretonnia. If CA's gonna be drawing any extra units from Kislev besides the main 5 from their 6th Edition Allied Contingent list you bet your ass they're gonna sift through the 8th Edition BRB.

Besides, their Warmaster roster isn't the Kislevite be all and end all. It's slightly outdated. Calling the Winged Lancers "Knights" and not even mentioning the "Ungol" part of the Horse Archers. Even the vaunted War Wagon of the list only appears in Warmaster, I've never seen it receiving a single mention in any other source or BL book (not even Riders of the Dead or the Ambassador Chronicles). They also leave out the Gryphon Legion and Druzhina (the latter who appear in 3rd Edition WHFB, Mordheim and return in Realm of the Ice Queen). Using Warmaster to define your "legitimate" Kislev units is ridiculous.
    edited April 2017
    Eizo said:

One line was enough to add hippogriph knights. So if CA gets to develop a kislev roster at some point (a big if) bear knights are totally possible.

If they don't put them it would probably be because animation costs, not because lore.

Eizo said:

It just one line in a book though, Kislev didn't have a unit of Bear Calvary in the Warmaster Roster so if and when CA even remotely decide to make Kislev if they can in the first place they would have to use extreme creative licensing it to make it happen

The Bear Calvary was added only in the the 8th Edition, just like the Demigryphs Knights, that's why you don't saw them before, and the Demigryphs are more OP then Bears anyway.
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Posts: 1,763Registered Users
    Wing Zero said:

You watch your tongue when speaking of your TZAR!!!!
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!

Eizo said:

I remember Kislev's Bear Cavalry since 6th Edition in White Dwarfs...
    Maybe, but the mentioning of the Bear Cavalry in the Army Book is makes them more Canon.
    obippo said:

Eizo said:

One line was enough to add hippogriph knights. So if CA gets to develop a kislev roster at some point (a big if) bear knights are totally possible.

If they don't put them it would probably be because animation costs, not because lore.
    Indeed.

Also, according to Warmaster and WHRP2nd Edition some of the Boyars and Cult of Ursun Priests (or Shaman as Warmaster has it) got to ride on Warbears too. So the bear riding animation would go to more than the squadron-based Bear Cav of the 8th Edition Rulebook.

obippo said:

Eizo said:

Indeed.

Also, according to Warmaster and WHRP2nd Edition some of the Boyars and Cult of Ursun Priests (or Shaman as Warmaster has it) got to ride on Warbears too. So the bear riding animation would go to more than the squadron-based Bear Cav of the 8th Edition Rulebook.
    You are right, forgot about Boris. If they put him in with his mount it shouldn't be a problem to just reskin the bear/rider and make a unit of knights.

While we're on the subject of "Kislev units with only 1 mention in the lore".

Has anybody else found any further mentions of their War Wagon in any other lore source besides Kislev's Warmaster List? I've sifted through all the White Dwarf articles I could find, all of Mordheim, all the Rulebooks, all the Black Library books that have Kislev featured (Gotrek and Felix series, Riders of the Dead, Ambassador Chronicles, Stefan Kumansky), even the WHRP stuff. I haven't found any other mentions of the unique Kislevite War Wagon in the lore, just that they used wagons the traditional way as civilian/supply transport and as part of nomadic Ungol krugs.

Anybody found it? Red Dox perhaps?