Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Comments

• Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 477Registered Users
    It's really discouraging to try hard on the ladder for days to get a bug like that.

For the time being the ladder and unofficial tournaments are our only goals for multiplayer players that want to try hard as well as polish their skill. There are many tournaments to play in and this is great, but they are not on everyday so players that have a competitive nature to them use the ladder as a means of self achievement, its very discouraging when you get dropped over 20000 points after a win for the second time. I for one like having a goal when i play a game, or a sense of how i compare to others.

PS; some future official tournament and ladder support would be great.
  • CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 449Registered Users, CA Staff
    We're sorry that this is still an issue. We're aware of the bug, but we're still working on finding the cause of the issue.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    Appreciated Duck.
  • SpaniardSpaniard Posts: 364Registered Users
    It has just happened to me. I win a game, I go check my ranking and I drop from top 13 to 1157th. The other player left the game seconds before he gets the defeat.

@ Duck. Can we get our ranking back somehow?
  • dR_paindR_pain Posts: 2Registered Users
    The same thing here, just happened to me :( . i lost about 23.000 points after a quick battle. I know ladder doesnt mean a lot, but if u want to encourage more and more people to play multiplayer you should fix this.
  • ODM_EmptythoughtODM_Emptythought France, ParisPosts: 667Registered Users
    Actually the leaderboard is quite decent since the patch and would be perfect without that bug. Now we clearly see the difference between the good players and those who just play a lot and alt+F4...
    We just need this fix and some unit caps to prevent boring spam battles.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I live in France.... I like animes, mangas, greek/egyptian and roman culture (antiquity + mythology). I usually play Total Warhammer or Battlefleet Gothic and sometimes Vermintide.
    I play almost exclusively MP though 1 or 2 campaigns from time to time can't hurt ;).

• RiggsenRiggsen Member Posts: 1,646Registered Users
    Also some sort of way to identify wintrading (having multiple accounts and matching against yourself) would be good. But that's also outside the scope of this thread.
    "CA WHY U NU UNPOOP GAME" (Dank TW meme of 2011)
    Still no news Duck? This is a fairly worrying trend.
    Riggsen said:

Also some sort of way to identify wintrading (having multiple accounts and matching against yourself) would be good. But that's also outside the scope of this thread.

Yeah win trading needs to be addressed, i feel overall there are much less ways to abuse the ladder which is great and points gain/lost seems reasonable.

Just target win trading and point loss bug than the fundamentals of the ladder will be in the rite place and we can move on to other things such as restrictions and rewards
    We're still trying to figure out what's going wrong here. Currently the issue is that we're not having any luck with finding a consistent way of reproducing the issue. I'll try to get more focus from us on this issue.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited May 9
    Thank you Duck for you concern. However I still don't understand why you aren't able to give the player his ranking back immediately after that happens.

This is like a campaign player who has to start his campaign all over again and can never finish it.

Ive been hit by the bug twice, one more time I will have to look at different options. Probably ask Sega for a refund or something, idk.

• SLAY3RSLAY3R Posts: 1Registered Users
    This bug happend to me yesterday. Was top 30, then 1245th place ... -27 000 points for a win
    Just to get a clarification, are you dropping to around 30,000 points each time this happens?

@Spaniard
    It is technically impossible for us to give rankings back.
  • KurtaliciousKurtalicious Posts: 204Registered Users
    Spaniard said:

Thank you Duck for you concern. However I still don't understand why you aren't able to give the player his ranking back immediately after that happens.

This is like a campaign player who has to start his campaign all over again and can never finish it.

Ive been hit by the bug twice, one more time I will have to look at different options. Probably ask Sega for a refund or something, idk.

Man I feel for you bro. I really do. Just awful that CA has let this happen to you and so many others.
  • ShetlandApacheShetlandApache Posts: 146Registered Users
    Yeah I have seen this hit a bunch of people so far and am thankful it hasnt hit me. each time they drop from the top 100 to somewhere between 1000 and 1500 ranking. Hope this helps @CA_Duck
    edited June 20
    Got the bug again....another 24,000 points down, SERIOUSLY its getting too much.

3rd time happened to me 2 times over 24000 points drop and once 3000, so frustrating. Can we get a fix
  • zer0zer0 Posts: 63Registered Users
    NinjaHund got it 3 times already too
  • zer0zer0 Posts: 63Registered Users
    Spaniard seems get it once a week or something :P
    Haha! Yes I did get it like 3 times too. So I gave up caring about the ranking. Now I try every faction, new things... so having quite a lot of fun actually. Thanks CA! ;-)
    Wish I could get the bug so I could play around with stuff outside the meta too. *GRUMBLES*

Nah, seriously, that blows. The worst part is that CA can't fix it if they can't identify what's causing it and it seems like there's no common factor when it happens? I grilled Lotus about last night but seems like there is no pattern. The only thing you guys have in common is that you all play a LOT of quick battles. But by that rationale, the other guys with 500+ games should have encountered it too, and this just isn't the case :weary:
  • irurobinirurobin Posts: 776Registered Users
    (╥﹏╥) Can't imagine if game 2 still have the same problem.= =+
  • ODM_EmptythoughtODM_Emptythought France, ParisPosts: 667Registered Users
    I had the bug once but luckily it was very early after the reset :/
    Hope it gets fixed. Till then, I'm with you guys :'(
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I live in France.... I like animes, mangas, greek/egyptian and roman culture (antiquity + mythology). I usually play Total Warhammer or Battlefleet Gothic and sometimes Vermintide.
    I play almost exclusively MP though 1 or 2 campaigns from time to time can't hurt ;).

• CrazyeightCrazyeight Posts: 37Registered Users
    It also happens to me. I read that it isn´t possible that CA can give you your ranking back, so this will be the last time for me playing this game. I will also close my YouTube Channel and tell my followers and all my friends to do the same.
  • HartassenHartassen Junior Member Posts: 82Registered Users
    It's crazy that this is still an issue.
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive ****, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein
  • EizoEizo Posts: 667Registered Users
    it because it happen too random for them to find the cause of the problem, since it looks like you have to play a lot of games to every get the bug.

though I bet it has something to do with the Alt-f4 prevention system they added in the last patch.
    What is the Ladder worth? Nothing... so remove it. This problem is not a acceptable issue, with which you can live with. It destroys the complete online community in any possible way. So in fact TW: Warhammer is not competitive playable. All my friends told it to me before, I told them that it is... no I have to reverse my opinion.
  • salsichasalsicha Posts: 2,552Registered Users

What is the Ladder worth? Nothing... so remove it. This problem is not a acceptable issue, with which you can live with. It destroys the complete online community in any possible way. So in fact TW: Warhammer is not competitive playable. All my friends told it to me before, I told them that it is... no I have to reverse my opinion.

lots of people play competitively every weekend in tournaments. Your friends are definitely wrong.
    Give me a break! On one site a little truth in it, but you have to change the whole game for your tournaments. That is the reason why I don´t play them. If you mean 8 races (soon 12) can ever be balanced you live in Disney Land. Dream on!

Some suggest that is should be a fix race pre-combat choice, that you can´t switch after it... dumbest idea ever, cause´ after that there will be three matchups left: Bretonia V.s. Vampire // Vampire V.s. Vampire // Bretonia V.s. Bretonia. The game is dead if there will ever be a system like this.