Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Time of Legends - Historic Campaigns

Webby2020Webby2020 Registered Users Posts: 15
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
I would love to see a time of sigmar/age of legends DLC/game. I don't even think it would take that much to do. Definitely more on the level of a big DLC than a full game redo.

My favourite books were the legend of sigmar trilogy and the war of vengeance trilogy. I would love to see them recreated in Total War.

Would anyone else be interested in something like that?
Post edited by Webby2020 on

Comments

• IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,226
  • HeroofRome1HeroofRome1 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,619
    I'd love it! - be interesting seeing some barbarians, Nagash, Greenskins, Norscans, and Dwarfs.
    Team Rome, Team Byzantium, Team Dwarfs, Team Empire, Team Bretonnia Team Grim, Team elf slayers, Team Belegar.
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 3,883
    I want everything that GW made rules and models for. If they didn't make rules and models, I'm not as interested.
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Registered Users Posts: 927
    edited April 2017
    Now this is the sort of thing I would like to see reserved for mini-campaigns. In every way possible I prefer the grand campaign to play out warhammer fantasy on. But 'historic' battles like this would make ideal mini campaigns.

It would be great to see the Old World with all the High Elf cities sprawling across it and the Dwarf holds at their full power. Maybe a few small horde factions of Greenskins or Marauders (representing the primitive humans)
  • Lt_HargroveLt_Hargrove Registered Users Posts: 445
    Factions:

* Proto-imperial tribes (Unberogens, Teutogens, Thuringians, Cherusens, Udoses, Ostagoths, Taleutens, Jutones, Endals, Asoborns, Brigundians, Menogoths, Merogens)

- Age of bronze tech "germanic barbs" with chariots and late-game light shock cavalry

* Roppsmen

- The "nomad faction" - archers and light cav for days

* Norscan Tribes

- basically Chaos Warriors without some of the crazier stuff

* Bretonni

- remember these guys are 1k years pre-Gilles. While they got distinct culture from proto-imperials, they had very simillar tech.

* Tileans

- very little data, but it seems they were more culturally advanced than northern humans, like they had written language, proper law and philosophy. This lends itself to interpreting them as not!Greek States

* Karaz Ankor

- Dorfs without gunpowder units and gyrocopters,

* Beastmen

- as in the current game

* Greenskins

- da boyz are comin' in just like dey are now, coz' ya don't fix wot isn't broken!

* The Undead Legion

- Nagash & Co. on their merry way to northwards

* Skaven (The Council of Thirteen, Clan Pestilens)

- the time of Sigmar is when the civil war between the Council and Clan Pestilens broke out. Council had Clan Moulder and Clan Skryre support.

Zeal is a moderate price for sanity
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,221
    Mods.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,323
    Dunno.

BUT if CA give to Sigmar the ability to fire lasers with the eyes, spit green fire, sing with the voice of Grimgor and make him looks like that :

i think they should definitely start to make his campaign immediately.
  • Webby2020Webby2020 Registered Users Posts: 15
    That's very... Yeah...

Anyway, thinking about it, yes GW produced rules for fighting campaigns during some of the age of legends eras. I worked out an army list based on the empire book for a pre sigmar army. (Was far from perfect, but hey. Did a Cathay list too.)

Would anyone want to refight the war of the beard, the first/second chaos invasion, or black fire pass? How about all the battles nagash fought?
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Registered Users Posts: 1,763
    endur said:

I want everything that GW made rules and models for. If they didn't make rules and models, I'm not as interested.

What an interesting point of view
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
    edited April 2017

endur said:

What an interesting point of view
    Over the years there were rules for bretonian pot de fer (primitive cannon,) nipponese ninjas, Cathayan ki rin, troglodytes, half Elves, half Orcs and all sorts of other stuff.

As the timeline advanced some stuff for left out or changed and new stuff added.

I cut my teeth on 3rd edition fantasy, and I've a long memory.

EDIT:
    I forgot about; Fimir, Gnomes, Red Goblins, Great Goblins, Amazon's and Pygmies.

All of these were races with models and rules in earlier editions of the game.
    Post edited by Webby2020 on
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 3,051
    Stroy campaign about Vampire wars:D
  • HeroofRome1HeroofRome1 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,619
    TeNoSkill said:

YES!
    Team Rome, Team Byzantium, Team Dwarfs, Team Empire, Team Bretonnia Team Grim, Team elf slayers, Team Belegar.

TeNoSkill said:

YES!
    Again, would be awesome. Playing out the birth of the vampires, their rise amd civil war would be great.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,065
    edited April 2017
    I would pay damn good money to get mini campaigns for:

The sundering

The war of the beard

Nagash vs. Skaven war for cripple peak

When i say mini campaign im thinking along the line of medieval 2 kingdoms, still a lot of playtime to be had but a more restricted map focus
  • QuecoQueco Registered Users Posts: 267
    Well, someone already made a Storm of Chaos mini campaign... which is pretty well done to be honest. Some bugs here and there, but the creator did amazing work.

Would love to see the Vampire Wars and various different WAAAAAGH invasions.

Even the first Great War against chaos with Magnus the Pious would be epic. But for this one it would probably be better to wait for the WH2 assests to be released since Teclis and the elves helped out a bit.

Another fun one would be the time of Gilles the Uniter for the Bretonnians.
  • Horus38Horus38 Registered Users Posts: 930
    This game is incredibly ripe for historic mini-campaigns. Some prime examples:

* Vampire wars - either rise of Nagash or against the Empire
    * The Sundering - the Elven civil war
    * War of the Beard - playing as the dwarves would be ace in this as you'd have to expel the elves then survive the wave of greenskins & skaven which come pouring up after the earthquakes.
    * The Great War against Chaos - would allow for a proper Kislev setting to be played out
  • QuecoQueco Registered Users Posts: 267
    Horus38 said:

* War of the Beard - playing as the dwarves would be ace in this as you'd have to expel the elves then survive the wave of greenskins & skaven which come pouring up after the earthquakes.
    * The Great War against Chaos - would allow for a proper Kislev setting to be played out

Quick note, when people refer to the Vampire Wars we usually refer to the rise of the Von Carsteins. It was a 3 book series that told the story of the rise and fall of Vlad, Konrad, and Mannfred and their battles against the Empire and Dwarfs. Nagash was never a true vampire per say. More like the ultimate Lich.

The Sundering and the War of the Beard would be pretty cool. Especially since both wars had an abandunce of dragons!!! (More the War of the Beard than the Sundering, but still!)

Horus38 said:

Quick note, when people refer to the Vampire Wars we usually refer to the rise of the Von Carsteins. It was a 3 book series that told the story of the rise and fall of Vlad, Konrad, and Mannfred and their battles against the Empire and Dwarfs. Nagash was never a true vampire per say. More like the ultimate Lich.

The Sundering and the War of the Beard would be pretty cool. Especially since both wars had an abandunce of dragons!!! (More the War of the Beard than the Sundering, but still!)
    Let's not forget the sacking of Lahmia, the first major war vampires were involved in.
  • MalcolmMalcolm Registered Users Posts: 230
    Love this idea. So many good ideas for awesome mini-campaigns, that I don't think CA will be able to do them all only a select few. It will be up to you modders to do it. Been trying out the storm of chaos mods and I really enjoyed it. Someone already done a quest battle mod of the foundation of Breatonnia and that too was quite fun. Keep brain-storming people, that is how great mods begins!
    Team Empire - For Sigmar!
    Team Bretonnia - For the Lady!
  • Horus38Horus38 Registered Users Posts: 930

To clarify: I meant the rise of Nagash in Khemri, and separately the "actual" vampire wars within the Empire.
  • petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 919
    Horus38 said:

That last one would be a cool mini-campaign for a kislev faction dlc
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves
  • CirdanCirdan Registered Users Posts: 778
    Good thread OP.

I would also like to see all of the mentioned mini-campaigns, in particular the War of the Beard and the Sundering.

If CA doesn't make these, which doesn't seem that likely unfortunatly, i hope they make it possible for people to make their own campaigns through mods.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,065
    Normally I don't really find myself sympathizing too much with modders attempts to attract donations througj PayPal and such, but if someone did a C+ job or better with a sundering campaign i would throw in some money with great enthusiasm.

Normally I don't really find myself sympathizing too much with modders attempts to attract donations througj PayPal and such, but if someone did a C+ job or better with a sundering campaign i would throw in some money with great enthusiasm.

Seconded
  • BloodClawBloodClaw Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 303
    edited April 2017
    I remember brining this topic up pre-TWW1 and the general consensus was the same back then.

WE WOULD ALL LOVE IT !!! but its highly doubtful we will see it outside of mods.

I would love to see...

The sundering
    The real age of sigmar ( sigmar uniting the human tribes and all that follows )
    My dream has come true my favourite game franchise (total war) + my favourite lore (warhammer) are collaborating for a truly divine game !!!!!

For some TW lets play's or my prediction and information videos on TW: Warhammer 2 - visit my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEWi55_w4pBFCy06QGTdOBw[url]

Twitch : [/url]https://www.twitch.tv/blood_claw[url][/url]