Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedI CAN'T LAUNCH TOTAL WAR WARHAMMER

baranbekiroglubaranbekiroglu Registered Users Posts: 18
edited June 2017 in Crashes
Hello,

whenever I try to start the game by clicking on PLAY in the launcher, there is a 2-3 second instance of my pc loading and then just nothing happens.I've tried all the suggestions from the faq, language change, checking integrity and reinstalling the redistributables and DirectX, but to no avail. The only thing I wasn't able to try was modifying the "The Creative Assembly"-folder in Appdata/Roaming, because it's actually not there (and I have hidden folders disabled). My grapshics Drivers are up to date as well.

PLEASE HELP ME MY TOTAL WAR BROS AND CA WORKERS PLEASE
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• baranbekiroglubaranbekiroglu Registered Users Posts: 18
    And thats my DxDiag

PLEASE HELP
  • CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Registered Users Posts: 1,016
    Hey there,

Two things to mention with your dxdiag; thanks for providing it btw. Your driver date is from December 2016, in addition I notice you have DX12 installed. Are you able to run the game in DX11 mode from the launcher?
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    First of all thank you so much for your interest. And btw im new in pc gaming so i don't really know much things about computers.

First: you said my driver date is from December 2016
    is that a bad thing or what do i need to do?

Second:you said i have dx12 and asked me if i can run the game in dx11

I know i have dx12 and i thought it would be enough to run the game
    And I dont know how to run the game in dx11

Thanks for your help and support!

The above image shows how to run in DirectX 11.

To get latest graphics drivers for your system please go here:
    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Wait,wait,wait WAIT
    What is that launcher ???? I don't have that. The one that I have is from steam and steam only??!!??!?
    Btw thank you for the graphic drivers
    Btw i didn't do the installation the place we bought the game did it
    As you can see they did it through steam are we not supposed to do that???
    Ah so your launcher doesn't boot at all, that's interesting...

It "should" boot when you press play on Steam.

What happens if you try and boot directly from the exe?

steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER

Boot Warhammer.exe

In addition I've put a low graphics preferences.script file here.

Please put that here:
    C:\Users\INSERT NAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer\scripts
    so umm, this is interesting
    I don't have a warhammer folder/file in The Creative Assembly

And which is exe are you talking about in steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER if click the 'launcher' in the launcher folder it gives me an error
    But if you are talking about the one below 'steam_api64.dll' the same thing happens when i hit play on steam
    Hi,

The exe in question was the "Warhammer" exe found in Total War WARHAMMER\

Additionally could you please try the following steps and try to boot the client, see if this works.
    1. Open the Xbox app. The app is pinned to the Start menu by default. You can also open it through apps.
    2. Sign in > go to Settings > select GameDVR.
    3. Switch off the “Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR” option.

weird, I can't connect to the internet on xbox but I can on the google etc.
    Can't I do anything diffrent
    Mr. Matthew???? are you there
    well... i lost my hope on mr matthew so is there another hero on total war forums? i hope,but i guess not

HELP ME
    I'm here, sorry for the delay.

Frustratingly I'm currently out of options to help you. My suggestion would be to follow the steps that SEGA provide: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/209068385-Games-Crashes-Won-t-Work-Won-t-Launch-FAQ

Failing that log a ticket with SEGA regarding this issue. We are currently still investigating what the cause is.

Can you please try the steps originally found here?

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1798371/#Comment_1798371

1. Make sure Steam is set to English language
    2. RESTART Steam
    3. Verify the game cache for Total War Warhammer (through Steam)
    4. Repair/reinstall all FIVE of the redistributables (run as administrator)

Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\DXSETUP.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x64.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x64.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x86.exe
    Ok thanks for your post,i will try the things that you have sent me

THANK YOU
    I did the xbox thing, and I downloaded the latest drivers and my game still doesn't work
    HELP PLEASE
    Sorry to hear that didn't work.

Steam provide a guide for issues like this here:
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6218-USFX-5568

Additionally can you try the following?:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1799937/#Comment_1799937

from this https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6218-USFX-5568

I updated my windows install
    I verified my game files
    As you know my game my drivers are enough to run this game
    My system is as well
    No program is interfering my steam.

and I couldn't do anything from this https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1799937/#Comment_1799937
    because I dont have creative assembly file:(

I still cant run my game :(
  • TheRedLightningTheRedLightning Registered Users Posts: 2
    this also has happened to me i start to load it then it says syncing then stops
    @baranbekiroglu Can you please tell me what happens if you try and run the game via the exe directly? Make sure you have Steam running beforehand.

As you're running on a laptop, there's the potential that the game is attempting to boot via your IntelHD chipset and not your Nvidia 840M.

Here's some advice from your laptop manufacturer regarding forcing an application to use your Nvidia graphics:
    https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/solutions/ht082304
    i started my game from the exe
    I did the things at https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/solutions/ht082304

My game dont work
    @baranbekiroglu when you run it from the exe directly do you get any kind of error message pop up? If so could you please take a screenshot and attach it.

Thanks.

so umm, this is interesting
    I don't have a warhammer folder/file in The Creative Assembly

And which is exe are you talking about in steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER if click the 'launcher' in the launcher folder it gives me an error
    But if you are talking about the one below 'steam_api64.dll' the same thing happens when i hit play on steam

I'd also like to see what error message this caused please :smile:
    Well i installed win 8
    And my game is working now

Mr matthew thank you for all your help !!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,706
    Thanks for the update. Marking as solved. Should any other issues arise don't hesitate to post.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• akazukiakazuki Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 12
    Hi, I have the same problem like him the game can't launch and that's how I try ,please help me how to fix it.

Sorry I can't help you my problem was in Warhammer 1
    Btw my problem was solved by getting win 8
  • sevibdsevibd Registered Users Posts: 1
    Maybe this helps without installing win 8, sorry that im late to the party.

I tried to activate the debug Camera in the preference.script file which is located in the appdata folder.
    Usually this folder isn't visible so i set it to visible, then i thought the appdata folder is hidden because otherwise its quite a security risk.

So i set the folder to invisible again but by mistake i set all the folders inside of the appdata folder also to hidden. Then the same thing happened to me that the computer just loaded for 2 - 3 seconds and never started the game because it couldnt find those essential files.

Maybe you did the same mistake some time before Appdata is also quite common for installing mods in other games too.

Using win 10 by the way, the screenshot above looks like 7. So i don't know for sure if this is the cause, but it sounds like the same problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file