Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Protectorate's betrayal (Italian campaign)

IamhereIamhere Posts: 2Registered Users
Italian campaign. High difficulty.
Piedmont-Sardinia becomes France's protectorate after losing Turin. It is a part of scenario, script. So, it shouldn't be a problem for player. But later, when Piedmont-Sardinia restores its army and France's army is far way, Piedmont-Sardinia declares a war to player. Considering a scenario's terms and a limited time, it looks like a bug.
Is there any way to solve this?

Comments

• GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    It's not a bug. Just game mechanics unfortunately working against you. Your protectorates can declare war, which is very unusual, but in this case you had the misfortune to happen at the particular moment.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • IamhereIamhere Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thanks. Yeah, I understand that AI should be more agressive and cruel on a high difficulty. And it is a peculiar feature of almost every big straregy: if AI is your ally, he isn't your ally. But I guess that it is pretty masohistic to fight everywhere in campaign with a time limit. And, if I will use "obliterate everything", I will be too late...
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    Iamhere said:

Thanks. Yeah, I understand that AI should be more agressive and cruel on a high difficulty. And it is a peculiar feature of almost every big straregy: if AI is your ally, he isn't your ally. But I guess that it is pretty masohistic to fight everywhere in campaign with a time limit. And, if I will use "obliterate everything", I will be too late...

Well, Italian campaign is pretty harsh to new players, who don't realise that you can't just trundle at your own pace.

Apart from that, all you really need to do is build a powerful army and leg it to the other end of the map, which isnt too difficult.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.