Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

SolvedOak of Ages - Game crash in COOP

Mobbelkotze7Mobbelkotze7 Posts: 4Registered Users
edited July 18 in Crashes
Hello!

My COOP-Campaign with my mate always crashes for both of us if something happens with the oak of ages. I think recolonizing it causes the issue. Once it happend already at turn 14 and once at turn 35. The game is literally unplayable in coop without the DLC, there is no way of stopping the wood elves from recolonizing it. As for one of those campaigns: The game always crashes after I or my mate ends the round and Torgovann (the red wood elves) starts their turn. I dont think that any of our mods causes this issue since 1. it works fine in singleplayer and 2. most of them are cosmetic.

Mods activated:
- BETTER Campaign Map - OVERHAULED
- Better Artifacts
- Better Camera Mod
- Building Progession Icons
- Full Plate Greatswords
- Grand Campaign Custom Maps (Karaz a Karak Update) + Settlement Packs
- Home Region Movement Bonus
- Improved Loading Screen Artwork
- Radious Unit and basemod
- Valuable Veterans
- Varied Zombies.

We only tried turning off radious. It still crashed.

As for the Files attached. It wont allow me to attach my savegame_multiplayer, the mdmp file is too large. I had to zip both of them. If the Savegamefile from my mate is really necessary to investigate this, I'll send it here later.

Build Number: v01.6.0 Build 13578.1041534 (modded)

Hope somebody can help me here.
Post edited by CA_Matthew on

Comments

• FrephdFrephd Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hello!
    I have the same problem and since it's really annoying I am thinking about cancelling my PRE-ORDER for Total War: WARHAMMER II and so do many of my very wealthy and DLC-loving friends. Creative Assembly and SEGA should fix this bug as soon as possible or they will lose a lot of customers! Furthermore Total War's greatest hero and entrepreneur the nobel Sir Emmanuel Abercrombie would not be delighted if he'd know about this game-breaking issue. Since he is a compelling and very influential person i have no doubts you will adress the issues described above in a serious and professional way by compensating for the time that have been wasted by the poor souls trying to play this game.

sincerely,
    a friendly duck
  • KheynouKheynou Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi,

I've got this problem too. It occurs on Multiplayer COOP-campaign mode.
    We only have radious Mod but i've seen threads on steam forum where other players had tried without any mods activated and they still have the issue.

It seems that it only happens when AI tries to rebuild the Oak of Ages.

The game simply stops responding and leaves no other solution than to terminate it.
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,554Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    You'll have to unsubscribe from mods and check your modified log for files that still show as modified and would have to be removed after another start up (as a number of mods can create files in places that are not helpful and do not get removed when unsubscribing).

While I cannot guarantee that anyone can help with this problem, I can guarantee that the developers can't support modifications to the files they made when trying to troubleshoot a problem. ~Al
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
  • KheynouKheynou Posts: 2Registered Users
    I can't test by disabling all the mods because my teammate can't test it for the moment.

But i asked Radious creator and checked the steam forum. It seems it occurs even without a single mod activated.

Radious [créateur] Il y a 5 heures
    Kheyn: There is no way mods can effect coop/mp part but no sp part. This issue is known to happen even without single mod activated.

Radious Comment Page

• Mobbelkotze7Mobbelkotze7 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Kheynou said:

I can't test by disabling all the mods because my teammate can't test it for the moment.

But i asked Radious creator and checked the steam forum. It seems it occurs even without a single mod activated.

Radious [créateur] Il y a 5 heures
    Kheyn: There is no way mods can effect coop/mp part but no sp part. This issue is known to happen even without single mod activated.

Radious Comment Page

Thats exactly what I was thinking. It definitely is an issue with the COOP per se not with mods or anything else, since SP works just fine. Tested that multiple times, it doesnt crash once for me in SP. They just dont seem to care about polishing COOP... It always felt kinda left behind and unpolished in total war games.
  • LunzusLunzus Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hey guys,

ive got the same problem and lost two savegames due to this error. Sadly COOP is now unplayable for me and my friend. We can confirm that it crashes when Torgovan/ Wydrin Faction recaptures the Oak of Ages, since we provoked them to do that. We had no mods enabled.
    We want a Hotfix and we want it now, since the last DLC is already several months old!
    Until then, Multiplayer is ruined.
  • SeanchaidhSeanchaidh Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    I've had this same problem without ANY mods installed. It's to the point where I can't play Co-op with my friend anymore because we don't want to get stalled on this inexcusable bug. This bug has been known about for awhile, so just fix it already.
  • FulcriousFulcrious Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have this problem as well. Can't play co-op anymore, the reason I bought this game, because every game crashes unless I play as wood elves or brettonia and make certain the wood elves get destroyed before they can take the tree.
    Can please somebody related to sega or total war or any forum mod answer to this? Its obviously a problem with the game and nothing else. I can't play the COOP anymore, it keeps happening all the time.
  • MarcaiMarcai Posts: 1Registered Users
    Having this problem as well, Wydrioth taking the Oak of Ages has now ruined three seperate co-op campaigns.
  • Shadowhaze89Shadowhaze89 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Same here , Wydrioth takes the Oak of ages and game freezes and crashes.
    Could we get a response from CA please if possible.
    This does most certainly not have anything to do with any kind of modification to the game. I did a clean reinstall of the game without any mods, my friend did aswell. It still happened on the 23. turn. This is just so frustrating. I paid good money for this game.
  • SeanchaidhSeanchaidh Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    I've had this same bug without any mods. It's not the mods doing it.
  • LunzusLunzus Posts: 2Registered Users
    Sooo... is there still no official statment to that crash? I am waiting for months just for a simple response. Just inform me if you are ever going to fix the multiplayer or not. If you decide to let it die please tell me, so i dont have to check this forum any longer.
  • squidjuicesquidjuice Posts: 4Registered Users
    It would be really nice if this bug got fixed sometime soon, it's been happening for MONTHS now , making co-op multiplayer basically unplayable and for me it was the most enjoyable part of this game :(
  • CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Posts: 117Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SuperAdmin
    Hi guys, we're trying to reproduce this internally and would appreciate if someone could provide us with a "clean" game save. Providing us modded campaign saves is not helpful to us.

Please ping me if when you've attached a clean, mod free, save.

Thanks.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • GrimshawGrimshaw Posts: 1Registered Users
    Attached is a clean save of a multi-player co-op which crashes reliably when Wydrioth faction AI attempts to reclaim the Oak of Ages.

Hope this helps fix the issue ASAP as co-op was a major reason for purchasing the game.
  • CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Posts: 117Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SuperAdmin
    Thank you for your save @Grimshaw .

Our internal QA has reproduced this now, and I can confirm a fix is being worked on.

We're aiming to get this deployed as part of our next major patch deployment.

I'd like to apologise for the time this has taken to be resolved.

Thank you for your patience everyone.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Thanks for posting the save Grimshaw! and thanks for responding the post CA_Matthew, better late than never :D
    *edit

Marked thread as 'Solved' for now. If the patch doesn't fix this crash please ping me to let me know.

Thanks!
    When do you recon the patch is going to hit? very eager to see if the problem is solved!
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 30,630Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

When do you recon the patch is going to hit? very eager to see if the problem is solved!

I suspect it will come along with the new DLC/pre-order bonus.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    Just saw the trailer, looked rad! Alright i'll keep my eye on the steam updater, thanks a bunch :)

Leave a Comment