Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer

Comments

• hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,685
    @CA_Whelan hey cousin (yes I'm trying to convince you we're related) thanks for your work and showing off the fantastic work of your colleagues. The trailer looks amazing! These trailers really make me wish I could get closer to the action during live-action gameplay, any thoughts on a new feature or a separate battle mode?

Remember if you don't answer it's extra rude because we're "family" (lol).

Ps: our family sharing is STILL not working ;)

Pss: sorry ahead of time if this creeps you out
  • SilferSilfer Registered Users Posts: 417
    high elfs concept art 10/10, high elfs in game meh...

high elves archers without hair;
    high elves Spearmen with these 'shields' red,yellow and blue...

the rest looks great, the trailler could be more like karl franz vs gs trailer where every unit have a second of glory
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    soo ummmm

was that eagles on the ground?
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009

I will get a looote of flags but, I expected more :neutral:

Feel like the previous trailers from TWW 1 are just superior and hyped me a lote. But this one was like... «this is ver nice»

Yeah Karl Franz's trailer is the best.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,994
    KGpoopy said:

soo ummmm

was that eagles on the ground?

Just a thing for the video unless we hear otherwise. Franz's video had deathclaw moving a the ground and I believe the 360 video they did also had Deathclaw on the ground but can't quite remember clearly. (and can't check currently modding)
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,279
    I can't see Stegadon and Kroxigor. Where are they!!!?
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• forsythforsyth Registered Users Posts: 193
    Paused the video and went through frame by frame.... I am that in love. The sword masters have a bit of re skin form TT. AND....

They look amazing!!! Well done DEV team. Really good trailer!
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,351
    Personally not impressed by this trailer. I found it kind of bland compared to the other ones we had lately. Hope the Dark Elves one will look more eye candish.

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • DragantisDragantis PolandRegistered Users Posts: 215
    Don't you guys think it was lizardmen city siege battle (except reversed).
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,259
    Silfer said:

the rest looks great, the trailler could be more like karl franz vs gs trailer where every unit have a second of glory

Also bastiladons, carnosaurs and stegadons without saddle/howdas. Maybe it's an unfinished build because those elf shiedls didn't really look good at all lol.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• corvocorvo Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,061

Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,965
    edited May 2017
    See this trailer...

How many units and animations have you seen in closeup?

The recent trailer is about Lizardmen but most of their units can be seen from far distance...

Anyways looking forward to high/dark Elves' and Skaven trailer...
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 993
    Very impressive.... Can't wait!
  • BolzimerBolzimer Registered Users Posts: 20

The Lizardmen look **** amazing. Especially the part where the Terradons fly around. The elves need a bit off work to not come as so same-facey. But I have high hopes. Very high hopes.
  • BlingermanBlingerman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 356
    Yeah, High elves look very saturated. Models are ok, but the texture of clothes and hair look a little artificial. Nothing modders cannot solve, but Lizardmen look much more cooler than HE at the moment. In art drawings they looked much more better.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,753
    edited May 2017
    ok, two things. first, the HE should have prooooobably asked permission first. secondly, I like that the Carno goes down on all four. nice touch!
    Chaos lords should be women

Why is no one talking about mouth feel!?
  • Tempus_fugitTempus_fugit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,294
    I think I might love you guys.
    Seriously.
    Colourful skinks and lizardmen (my own little TT detachment is decidedly colourful) and amazing dinosaurs. That dang elf got what was coming to him.
    *throws money at the screen*

Elves must die. (hummed to a Prodigy tune)
    There is no time but the present. – S:TW Hojo, R:TW Brutii/Germania/Alemanni(BI), Med2: Venice, S2: Oda, R2: Julia/Boii/Suebi/Lusitani, Attila: Geats/Garamantians, WH: All factions VH, Wood Elves on L. TWWH2: Lizardmen, Dark Elves, Skaven, Khalida, High Elves, Vampirates. ME: Khalida, Vampire Counts, Carcasonne
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,169
    edited May 2017
    Silfer said:

the archers have hair... they wear it in braids...or are you talking about them not having flowing hair down to their boots, which could be easily grabbed in combat by oppoents and end with dead elves?

and why hte "'Shields'"? they are shields... you're making it sound as if they werent shields but instead cardboard cutaways
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. Moving Balthasar Gelt to Solland was a bad call for a new Starting Position. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire it should've been Marius Leitdorf of Averland

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937
    edited May 2017
    I really don't like all those random monsters I'm seeing running around on their own, Bastiladons, Stegadons, hell even Carnosaurs.

Scar Veterans (saurus hero) can ride Carnosaurs, what's the point of a riderless one ?
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • GrimtalosGrimtalos Member Registered Users Posts: 414
    Nice trailer, was hoping for abit more footage of actually units. Would have been nice to see some Saurus and High Elfs in combat.

Now just hoping for some campaign info
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,440
    Of all possible units someone decided to make movie from a perspective of a birdy dino. I don't like it. It would be much more powerful to observe it from the perspective of a T-REX. I was looking for something PRIMAL, all I have received were pigeons and cheap big dino entrance.

And why the hell that elf wench has human face? Another case of square jaw sickness. I hoped that at least in game models will use angular, alien like beauty.

Why do these elves look so pink? Are they snake food or what? What happened to pale skin?
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,753
    Dalakh said:

Scar Veterans (saurus hero) can ride Carnosaurs, what's the point of a riderless one ?

This is my biggest fear: no Scar-vets.
    Chaos lords should be women

Why is no one talking about mouth feel!?
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,279
    edited May 2017
    Dalakh said:

I really don't like all those random monsters I'm seeing running around on their own, Bastiladons, Stegadons, hell even Carnosaurs.

This problems came since Chaos Manticore release as single unit. CA might think it will make roster bigger even it isn't match a lore or TT
    Post edited by MrMecH on
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,965
    Dalakh said:

Animations...

Anyways, atleast you saw them... I'm having a hard time looking at them.. they are too much far from screen... Also high Elves' got more close-ups rather than Lizardmen units...

Silfer said:

the archers have hair... they wear it in braids...or are you talking about them not having flowing hair down to their boots, which could be easily grabbed in combat by oppoents and end with dead elves?

and why hte "'Shields'"? they are shields... you're making it sound as if they werent shields but instead cardboard cutaways
    They made too small to see, but now i'm ok with it =)

THE PROBLEM WITH THE SHIELDS? see the first trailer, amazing shields and then they made these shields...
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,685
    MrMecH said:

Dalakh said:

This problems came since Chaos Manticore release as single unit. CA might think it will make roster bigger even it isn't match a lore or TT. :/
    Wasn't there a battle where all the creatures of lustria's jungle came to the aid of the lizardmen while they were about to be overrun by the skaven?
  • petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 844
    Pretty good, not as good as the bretonnia trailer though
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,169
    edited May 2017
    Silfer said:

Silfer said:

THE PROBLEM WITH THE SHIELDS? see the first trailer, amazing shields and then they made these shields...
    the first trailer was a cinematic... like the Boar Boyz with flails we saw int he TW WH 1 cinematic trailer... or banners
    Void said:

Of all possible units someone decided to make movie from a perspective of a birdy dino. I don't like it. It would be much more powerful to observe it from the perspective of a T-REX. I was looking for something PRIMAL, all I have received were pigeons and cheap big dino entrance.

And why the hell that elf wench has human face? Another case of square jaw sickness. I hoped that at least in game models will use angular, alien like beauty.

Why do these elves look so pink? Are they snake food or what? What happened to pale skin?

i can be wrong... but i thinkt he "alien like beauty" has been mostly scrapped in favour of "simple beauty"
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. Moving Balthasar Gelt to Solland was a bad call for a new Starting Position. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire it should've been Marius Leitdorf of Averland

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

Silfer said:

Silfer said:

the first trailer was a cinematic... like the Boar Boyz with flails we saw int he TW WH 1 cinematic trailer...orbanners
    Void said:

i can be wrong... but i thinkt he "alien like beauty" has been mostly scrapped in favour of "simple beauty"
    But the TRAILER not in game have a GREAT design of shield and color pick then you see the in game trailler with bad color pick that make looks too saturated and unrealistic;
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 11,328
    At first that Terradon Rider was going Anakin Skywalker on the High Elves, with all those evade maneuvers, even after all what they was throwing at him to stop him, but then he got hit by 'reality ensues' from the female High Elf Archmage. Also you gotta love how Carnosaur/T. Rex is like to showing out of no where to bite someone, despite their size. Anyway nice trailer, looks like the fans who complain about not seeing additional trailers was able to get what they want, even though I hope that we would keep seeing concept arts as well. :)