Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Lord Mazdamundi

CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 611Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, SuperAdmin, Community Team
edited May 26 in General Discussion

Introducing Lord Mazdamundi...

With a matchless mind unfathomable to others, Mazdamundi is obstinate in his ways and will not be deterred from that upon which he has decided. Although it took many interruptions to his thoughtful contemplations, at last the great Mazdamundi has fully bestirred himself, shaking off the lethargy that has afflicted so many of his kind.

With a flick of his wrist, Mazdamundi has smashed cities and doomed armies. His Great Purpose does not allow for mercy.
Post edited by CA_Whelan on

Comments

• ODM_EmptythoughtODM_Emptythought France, ParisPosts: 671Registered Users
    Politoed is here at last :)
    No video though ?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I live in France.... I like animes, mangas, greek/egyptian and roman culture (antiquity + mythology). I usually play Total Warhammer or Battlefleet Gothic and sometimes Vermintide.
    I play almost exclusively MP though 1 or 2 campaigns from time to time can't hurt ;).

• CarognaCarogna Posts: 138Registered Users
    Can we see his skills?
    Team Skaven
    Team Dark Elves
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Posts: 2,441Registered Users
    And his lores are???
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Posts: 750Registered Users
  • xXTacitusXxxXTacitusXx Posts: 38Registered Users
    I like the pace of those news updates. Keep it up, CA. <3
  • nordoMnordoM Posts: 70Registered Users
    Carogna said:

Can we see his skills?

CnConrad said:

And his lores are???

Likewise.
    I mean, the pic is nice and all but all by itself it's pretty meaningless.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Posts: 659Registered Users
    Total War Twitter down, guessing this is what was shown on there? Really awesome stuff, but had hoped for insight into his skills/abilities and such =p
    Currently waiting for Warhammer 2's 1st DLC
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Posts: 807Registered Users
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Posts: 346Registered Users
    This probably the best picture of him so far , though I would have liked to have seen something new we've seen so much of him already.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 1,244Registered Users
    In all likelihood the first campaign I will play in the New World will be with this dude.

Between having started an Age of Sigmar Disciples of Tzeentch army and this guy I will finally have sated my long thirst for fielding armies replete with magicko-magacko.
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 1,393Registered Users
    my second favorite character after lord kroak thank you CA

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • Tempus_fugitTempus_fugit Senior Member Posts: 1,020Registered Users

Hey man, don't ribbit in. You might make him Anura-exic.
    There is no time but the present. – S:TW Hojo, R:TW Brutii/Germania/Alemanni(BI), Med2: Venice, S2: Oda, R2: Julia/Boii/Suebi/Lusitani, Attila: Geats/Garamantians, WH: Vampire Counts/Greenskins/Dwarfs/Beastmen/Warriors of Chaos/Wood Elves/Empire
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 1,821Registered Users
    "Siiiide by siiide, haaand in haaand, we aaaaall staaaaand togetherrrrr..."
    "To the glory that was Greece, and the grandeur that was Rome."
  • IlyandirIlyandir Posts: 128Registered Users
    Yeah, I hate to be negative, all for some art work, but I would have been happier to wait longer for the same thing to be presented with details on his skills/lores/etc. We've already seen the above in the trailer.

I think CA are reacting to people crying out for info. Ultimately, so long as it comes, I can wait - would prefer that the bite size chunks are bite size, not little nibbles.
    I can bend minds with my spoon.
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,145Registered Users
    Reeeeeee! Get of my lawn you damn elfs.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • JaggsauceJaggsauce Posts: 387Registered Users
    when i use the lizardman army i shall play this song
    very shaman-ey
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 4,918Registered Users
    Are Slann even understand the concept of mercy? there are almost like Robots when it's comes to those kind of things. Anyway I like the expression that Mazdamundi is having in this picture. :)
  • endurendur Posts: 1,590Registered Users

I like the pace of those news updates. Keep it up, CA. <3</p>

Awesome pace!
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Posts: 1,051Registered Users
    Don't want to be rude or anything like that. But we already know this.
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

And last but not least, CA please hire me for no specific reason

• Warboss2001Warboss2001 Posts: 664Registered Users
    I seez a noo ead for me boss pole boyz
    I am the best Warboss there is WAAAGH
    edited May 19

Hey man, don't ribbit in. You might make him Anura-exic.
    An Anura-exic Slann? fat shaming Mazdamundi might result in him getting triggered and smashing an city, and then many users on tumblr would claim that his response was totally logical.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 17,764Registered Users
    Can't see past the palm prints, I love him. :lol:
    Ilyandir said:

Yeah, I hate to be negative, all for some art work, but I would have been happier to wait longer for the same thing to be presented with details on his skills/lores/etc. We've already seen the above in the trailer.

I think CA are reacting to people crying out for info. Ultimately, so long as it comes, I can wait - would prefer that the bite size chunks are bite size, not little nibbles.

Well CA had done the same thing with Bretonnia as well, if you don't remember, and you should know what Lore of Magic Mazdamundi is using already. Also I am not sure if the choice here is between waiting more to get more, or getting something or not getting anything. :)

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Qhaysh
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Posts: 1,575Registered Users
    CnConrad said:

And his lores are???

all of them
    Chaos lords should be women

Mazdamundi would murder Kairos
    -Prophet of Sotek
  • Warboss2001Warboss2001 Posts: 664Registered Users
    edited May 19
    @ladymissfit except for da boyz magik :p
    I am the best Warboss there is WAAAGH
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Posts: 1,575Registered Users

@ladymissfit except for da boyz magik :p

excepting faction-specific lores of course :p
    Chaos lords should be women

Mazdamundi would murder Kairos
    -Prophet of Sotek
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynPosts: 10,034Registered Users

CnConrad said:

And his lores are???

all of them
    I feel like this would be horrifying in Total War but I also want it to happen.
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Member Posts: 431Registered Users
    The huntsmarshal recommends white wine and thyme with this
    For Sigmar, Karl Franz, and The Empire!
  • GrimtalosGrimtalos Member Posts: 387Registered Users

CnConrad said:

And his lores are???

all of them
    I feel like this would be horrifying in Total War but I also want it to happen.
    Would make levelling him quite tough, as you have access to all spells but not enough points to get them all.
    I kind of like it. Could be hard on the UI or just like Vampires who can switch between two lores.