Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What The Teams Are Working On 07-06-17

12345679»

Comments

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 9,072Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

SiWI said:

. The same you have to endure dragons if you have no range

Dragons are landing during melee. Jets won't.
    jets leave, once the bomb load is delivered, dragons don't.

And WH 2 dragons have breath attacks... so they don't need melee.
  • CaractacusMagnusCaractacusMagnus Senior Member Posts: 370Registered Users
    edited October 2017

I don't think boycotting a future history title would be very clever if you want to see more history titles, that would just kill the history side of the franchise (for turning out to still exist) - an ass-backward move.

Well you say what you like mate. Boycotting means not buying at all. Which I am happy to do with the TWWarhammer bs. I'd buy the historical titles though
    I don't think that position is in disagreement with what I said. My point was that us all knifing the historical game would achieve the opposite of the desired effect, apologies if I misunderstood your earlier post.

Honestly, I think my point is a reasonable one. You might think I am someone who just wishes CA financial hardship for no reason.

I don't necessarily think that, at all.
    eXistenZ2 said:

You know all of this could be avoided if you just gave historical fans the tiniest show of proofthey are not forgotten?

and by proof, I don't mean the "we are working on it "BS thats been going on for months.

CA only has themself to blame for this situation. If they don't show any respect for the historical fans, why would these Warhammer trolls do?

I'm in two minds about this - rationally it's quite obvious their marketing will probably target their current product and fall silent on the other stuff, I think we can understand this really - BUT

- yes, I feel like it's high time for a little love to be shown to the history side of things if any exists at CA. I'm champing at the bit for a history game to look forward to, and I thought the 30th anniversary love was conspicuously absent for the history games: free DLC for the warhammer stuff, effusive thanks for the warhammer fans on the streams, not a single word or so much as a wallpaper for the history games which people have actually been buying, and supporting, and engaging with for a respectable chunk of that time. Relegated to less than a footnote, especially with no streams, no announcements, and not so much as a blog post to keep our interest. We're basically being blanked. That's how it feels.

Still the rational side of things must win in the end, so I guess it's their marketing strategy not giving a crap about games still in development when an actual product is in its release window which I can understand... but which does have gradual side effects. That's why I'm here, I'd like to see some news, some teaser images, the odd blog post, perhaps a stream (to be honest, even a stream or two of the older history games would be cool, letting us know the history side of things is still an interest at CA would be good). Anything. The suspense is killing me. :)
  • FedorFedor Junior Member Posts: 161Registered Users
    Oh, where are you, historical game?! I am tired from ballet swordsman's animation and lance melee hooks. All those Zoo style unit rosters make me sick. The results of typical battles is like who will win this time: spider or lizard, eagles or boars?! Dark elfs VS High elfs battles look like a fight between gothic metal fans against LGBT fans! I am not against Warhammers, they are good games, but I am tired from all this "magic". I swear, I would play even Stone age TW.
  • mmurray821mmurray821 Moderator Posts: 5,227Moderators

Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.
  • eXistenZ2eXistenZ2 Senior Member Posts: 579Registered Users
    rather than a "funny" picture, I would prefer something informative. I don't think I'm alone in that
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,156Registered Users
    End of the year is near...

When will CA going to announce the historical Mini-campaign?

Construed by all (I expect) to mean there are announcements afoot for 2017. I'll take that.
    CA has stated that their Campaign Pack of Unusual Size is in the pipe for the end of the year. Now that WH2 and its little red headed child has come and thankfully gone, I would expect their announcements to come in November sometime.
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.
  • FedorFedor Junior Member Posts: 161Registered Users
    Well, this is something. As I can understand, historical content would be announced this winter. Ok, I can live with that.
  • FredrinFredrin Senior Member LondonPosts: 3,002Registered Users

CA has stated that their Campaign Pack of Unusual Size is in the pipe for the end of the year. Now that WH2 and its little red headed child has come and thankfully gone, I would expect their announcements to come in November sometime.

Deck the halls... So this would be the add-on to Rome II or Attila rather than the new Saga game, right?
  • Sughdian WarriorSughdian Warrior Senior Member Posts: 187Registered Users
    edited October 2017

Construed by all (I expect) to mean there are announcements afoot for 2017. I'll take that.
    I think it literally means: Winter is coming, CA get your act together. Which may or may not happen. Jack Lusted, where the hell have you disappeared mate.
    Fredrin said:

Deck the halls... So this would be the add-on to Rome II or Attila rather than the new Saga game, right?
    Yes, and it seems more like Rome II.

Don't bypass the word filter/
    Post edited by dge1 on
    Fedor said:

Oh, where are you, historical game?! I am tired from ballet swordsman's animation and lance melee hooks. All those Zoo style unit rosters make me sick. The results of typical battles is like who will win this time: spider or lizard, eagles or boars?! Dark elfs VS High elfs battles look like a fight between gothic metal fans against LGBT fans! I am not against Warhammers, they are good games, but I am tired from all this "magic". I swear, I would play even Stone age TW.

Ha! Don't you love the neon light spells?
    Stone Age TW would be awesome, but probably not authentic, as people at that time were mostly busy hunting and gathering and generally surviving. There weren't that many of them either. There were probably raids but no organised armies as such. So the game would have to be a lot about hunting animals and surviving in the wild. Bronze Age, Iron Age and Roman period are probably the best for Total War. Also the Medieval.
    I would love to see a game with Egyptians, Hitites and Babylonians in it.
    Fredrin said:

Most likely. A DLC is in the works for the end of the year according to the June announcement and the Rome 2 data packs in Steam have been updated lately, so that would be my bet.

Hopefully we get some teasers for the Full Historical™ experience that is coming too, but I would just be happy with a DLC at this point.
  • LedonevLedonev Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    SiWI said:

the picture shown kinda speaks for a campaign about Germanic tribes.

Total War: Game of Thrones? That way the TWH people get something new, along with a token nod to the semi-historical crowd as the story in Thrones somewhat follows the historical War of Roses?
    Ledonev said:

SiWI said:

the picture shown kinda speaks for a campaign about Germanic tribes.

Total War: Game of Thrones? That way the TWH people get something new, along with a token nod to the semi-historical crowd as the story in Thrones somewhat follows the historical War of Roses?
    that wouldn't fit the image... nor is it a historical title...

think Arminius war against Rome.

stated that when/where?
    Ah, somewhere in the process of reading this forum on my new (much smaller) phone and seeing the orange post colour, I got the wrong end of the stick - you were not someone from CA teasing the imminence of some announcement, just saying what we already know (not a criticism of you! My bad).

Well, here's hoping we get some news or a tease soon.

Ah, somewhere in the process of reading this forum on my new (much smaller) phone and seeing the orange post colour, I got the wrong end of the stick - you were not someone from CA teasing the imminence of some announcement, just saying what we already know (not a criticism of you! My bad).

Well, here's hoping we get some news or a tease soon.

A post by CA? You hope to live that long?
    The only picture posted was 500 years ago and it was a concept image of a Germanic warrior. Probably relating to the wars of Marcus Aurelius or the German incursions after his reign. Maybe during the Severan dynasty. It's a guess anyway.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,156Registered Users
    Here you go....

My bad.. its from TW Arena.
    Blue Byte has produced 10 blogs about Anno 1800 in the last month. Thats 10 more than CA did about their historical releases in the last 3 year. Yet those games are scheduled to release sooner than Anno 1800

Winter is coming? More like delayment announcement incoming probably
  • thewhiteindianthewhiteindian Senior Member Posts: 418Registered Users
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Valerius_Corvus
    (c. 370 – c. 270 BC)

According to legend, prior to one battle a gigantic Gallic warrior challenged any Roman to single combat, and Valerius, who asked for and gained the consul’s permission, accepted. As they approached each other, a raven settled on Valerius’ helmet and it distracted the enemy's attention by flying at his face, allowing Valerius to kill the enemy Gaul. The two armies then fought, resulting in the Gallic forces being comprehensively routed, and ending in a decisive Roman victory. As a reward for his courage, Valerius was apparently given a gift of ten oxen and a golden crown, and he was eventually given the agnomen Corvus, which is the Latin term for a raven (Crow)

In 302 BC, Corvus was appointed Dictator for the second time. This appointment was brought about by the revolt of the Marsi at Arretium and Carseoli, and Corvus was able not only to defeat them in battle, but to take the fortified towns of Milionia, Plestina and Fresilia. The Marsi sued for peace, and for his victories over them he was awarded his fourth Triumph. For the following year (301 BC), he was again appointed Dictator, this time to engage in operations against the Etruscans. While Corvus was in Rome taking the auspices, his Magister equitum (probably Marcus Aemilius Paullus) was ambushed by the enemy, and forced to retreat to his camp, in the process of which Paullus lost a portion of his army. Corvus, coming quickly to his rescue, engaged and defeated the Etruscans in battle, earning Corvus an additional Triumph

After his sixth consulship Corvus retired from public life, and he died at the age of 100, around the year 270 BC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_the_Orders
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 2,328Registered Users
    Ok guys its here!! Historical fans come back!!! I will playing marcomanni, and destroying the lands of Rome, butchering and slaughtering to release my pent up frustration from waiting for history. Thoughts everyone?? Nov 30th
  • Psycho_VPsycho_V Registered User Posts: 503Registered Users
    CA: New Campaign features: Plagues, Cults and Banditry

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted CA are still interested in historical settings .. but really?

Disease, religions and unrest .. we've had these "new" features in Total War for over 15 years !! :smile:

Just 2 bob from an ole vet.
    "Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, 1572 – 1631, Meditation 17)
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 3,237Registered Users
    Considering it’s been over 7 months, any chance we’ll get an update soon?
    I demand monogods!! Or not, whatever. I don't care that much.
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users

Not sure it's as necessary anymore. Sure, it'd be nice to know more but at least we know a fair amount:

Arena Team - Doing Arena stuff
    Warhammer New Content Team - Fixing Norsca
    Warhammer Team - Starting WH3 perhaps?
    Historical New Content - ?
    Historical Team - Three Kingdoms
    Historical Flashpoint - Thrones of Britannia

Not sure CA want to reveal much about Warhammer II dlc and Warhammer III yet, and that's the only major gap.

"Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 3,237Registered Users
    Mattzo said:

Not sure it's as necessary anymore. Sure, it'd be nice to know more but at least we know a fair amount:

Arena Team - Doing Arena stuff
    Warhammer New Content Team - Fixing Norsca
    Warhammer Team - Starting WH3 perhaps?
    Historical New Content - ?
    Historical Team - Three Kingdoms
    Historical Flashpoint - Thrones of Britannia

Not sure CA want to reveal much about Warhammer II dlc and Warhammer III yet, and that's the only major gap.

Knowing what they are doing and getting status updates with actual info are two different things. There's no reason they can't do an update to talk about how content is progressing or even provide screenshots from Thrones of Britannia and stuff. Also, I think most people are wondering if there will be any WH2 DLC between now and Norsca. I doubt we'd get too much info on Three Kingdoms, but anything they can say is still better than silence.
    I demand monogods!! Or not, whatever. I don't care that much.