Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

"Total War Launcher Has Stopped Working"

ShimundoShimundo Registered Users Posts: 11
So I have 173 hours in Total War Warhammer and I recently replaced my HDD and installed the game fresh to it. It now crashes after first time setup, and I can't get into the game at all. I have mods from the steam workshop not sure if that would be causing the launcher to crash though, please help.

Specs :
AMD FX 8150 3.6 ghz
Radeon r9 280
16gb ram
Tagged:

Comments

• ShimundoShimundo Registered Users Posts: 11
    edited June 2017
    edited June 2017
    Anyone?
    Post edited by BillyRuffian#6250 on
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,841
    edited June 2017
    There is a good chance that the issue is mod-related. To clear them effectively you should manually delete any remnants from your data folder once you have unsubscribed via the workshop, then rename (don't delete unless you have backed up your saves and replays) your Appdata folder to remove any remnants there.

Edit: it's also possible that you need to update your Razer Synapse software. You could also try rolling back to a previous AMD driver.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

There is a good chance that the issue is mod-related. To clear them effectively you should manually delete any remnants from your data folder once you have unsubscribed via the workshop, then rename (don't delete unless you have backed up your saves and replays) your Appdata folder to remove any remnants there.

Edit: it's also possible that you need to update your Razer Synapse software. You could also try rolling back to a previous AMD driver.

I couldn't find any mods in my game folder under steam, I unsubscribed from all of my mods. I don't have any folder for warhammer under appdata probably where it's a fresh install.
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,841
    Did you try the ideas in my edit?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

Did you try the ideas in my edit?

Synapse is up to date I tried updating my amd driver to the new optional driver, and then downgraded to the previous version, sadly neither worked.
    Try clearing your Steam download cache then this:

Open Steam using Run as Administrator.
    From the top menu select Steam>Settings>Downloads>Steam Library Folders.
    Select the folder containing the game installation, right-click, and select Repair Library Folder.

then verify your game cache and launch the game.

Try clearing your Steam download cache then this:

Open Steam using Run as Administrator.
    From the top menu select Steam>Settings>Downloads>Steam Library Folders.
    Select the folder containing the game installation, right-click, and select Repair Library Folder.

then verify your game cache and launch the game.

Tried all of that, and it reinstalled the game completely after verifying cache still no luck
    That's a first.

Try this:

1. Make sure Steam is set to English language
    2. RESTART Steam
    3. Verify the game cache for Total War Warhammer (through Steam)
    4. Repair/reinstall all FIVE of the redistributables (run as administrator)

Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\DXSETUP.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x64.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x64.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x86.exe

That's a first.

Try this:

1. Make sure Steam is set to English language
    2. RESTART Steam
    3. Verify the game cache for Total War Warhammer (through Steam)
    4. Repair/reinstall all FIVE of the redistributables (run as administrator)

Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\DXSETUP.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x64.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x64.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x86.exe

Repaired all of them, both x64's said they may have installed incorrectly, so I reinstalled them. Verified game in steam, and sadly still crashing before I can even see the launcher. Steam is set to english.
  • stannachstannach Registered Users Posts: 6
    I'm following this eagerly as I am having similar issue. I can play it on my laptop downstairs, but no longer on my PC. and it was after it updated.
    Still having the problem sadly, have contacted Total War support email and they haven't been able to resolve the issue yet either.
  • APlebAPleb Registered Users Posts: 5
    Tried all this as well and still no luck.
    Was told by sega support to uninstall Razer Synapse and try it again, didn't work for me but might work for someone else.
    I've fixed the issue, I updated my amd drivers to a new optional driver and opened the game through the warhammer.exe file in the steam folder. Thanks for the replies and such, hope this can help anyone else too.
  • icuBleedicuBleed Registered Users Posts: 1
    I've been going down the list and doing everything with no luck. I have the exact same issue, played 100 hours + no problems until one day I cannot open the launcher without it crashing immediately.
    icuBleed said:

I've been going down the list and doing everything with no luck. I have the exact same issue, played 100 hours + no problems until one day I cannot open the launcher without it crashing immediately.

If you've tried everything listed here and it hasn't helped you probably have a different underlying cause with the same symptoms. In that case you would be best advised to start your own thread following the guidelines here https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173603/please-read-if-you-experience-a-crash-hang-freeze#latest

• csdrt20csdrt20 Registered Users Posts: 31
    I have the same problem

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file