Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Suggestion to avoid forced draws on multiplayer battles

Shelen23Shelen23 Registered Users Posts: 1
This is an idea for CA would be nice to hear what they think, also everyone feel free to give your opinion.

When combat time comes to an end the map would start stretching in a circle from it's borders to the center. Every unit outside this circle is going to take considerably damage forcing the player who is running away to force the draw to fight.

Of course, the map is going to stretch slowly so no one falls behind because of their slowness (dwarfs for example).

Also, make possible with a vote system to prolong the combat (with no circle of death) or take the tie if BOTH players agree or (if in group) more of the 60% of the players vote it.

Comments

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    They said they would introduce a points system for TWWH2's FFA mode. Why not make that a regular feature? At the end the faction that destroyed more points wins, so simply running away won't result in a draw. I mean, the TT works on a similar basis.
  • HolySaintKnightHolySaintKnight Registered Users Posts: 4,449

They said they would introduce a points system for TWWH2's FFA mode. Why not make that a regular feature? At the end the faction that destroyed more points wins, so simply running away won't result in a draw. I mean, the TT works on a similar basis.

That would be GREAT!
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,753

This is pretty brilliant. I see no reason why this shouldn't be standard.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 11,801
    a draw back would be fully kiting armies, that make points than run, light light cav armies
  • SpaniardSpaniard Registered Users Posts: 945

a draw back would be fully kiting armies, that make points than run, light light cav armies

Even more reason to limit light missile cav to 4.

• eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,399
    Ok thanks or the idea, but as has been suggested before all they need is a capture point near center of map that activates at minute 19.

Even easier and simpler, use the power bar. Ranged units cost you power when they shoot, so they would at least have to be effective with their range attacks to kite and win. And frankly i will gladly accept abuse from ranged cav units if i'm silly enough to not take enough foot range and/or fast units to inflict damage on them in return.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file