Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dear CA

boyfightsboyfights Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 4,023
I rolled up to the steam sale all ready to pick up some new warhammer dlc only to find that there isn't anything new and I had no way to give CA my money outside of buying the last Attila culture pack I was missing

Luckily for my too-full wallet, however, paradox were kind enough to support their games with more dlc than I could ever justify buying at one time, so I spent $40 on a few extra mechanics for eu4 instead of doing the same for warhammer which I would have very much preferred

In conclusion please give up on no dlc for dlc and make a bunch of expensive low-content dlc and I'll buy it all up, tia your friend boyfights
boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
stop your gladiator love for agressions.

Comments

• FinishingLast#1402FinishingLast#1402 Registered Users Posts: 4,860
    I have a rare condition where if I have too much disposable income I could go into shock and die. CA... do you really want my death on your hands? You can save me. You can save us all.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • LordCommander#3741LordCommander#3741 Registered Users Posts: 3,229
    Paradox actually increased the price of some of their old games. Plus they've gone DLC crazy so much several of their employees download themselves to work each day.
    It's a beta.
  • #902441#902441 Registered Users Posts: 7,499

Paradox actually increased the price of some of their old games. Plus they've gone DLC crazy so much several of their employees download themselves to work each day.

Is CK2 still an utter dog's breakfast?
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • FinishingLast#1402FinishingLast#1402 Registered Users Posts: 4,860

They also then reversed those price increases and issued a public apology so they at least can learn.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member ArkansasRegistered Users Posts: 7,166
    Arsenic said:

Is CK2 still an utter dog's breakfast?
    CKII was never bad.
  • Xenos777Xenos777 Registered Users Posts: 8,038
    You know, the last three or four PDX DLC have been very sub-par... but I don't even care. More content, more content now.
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023

They are definitely expensive, I was not exaggerating when I said $40 for a few mechanics

However that money could have been CA's if they had provided offerings that were comparable in value to paradox's, which I would think should be fairly easily achievable
    Xenos7 said:

You know, the last three or four PDX DLC have been very sub-par... but I don't even care. More content, more content now.

This too, even sub-par content is better than nothing. After getting stellaris in humble bundle I bought all the dlc at full price, and in spite of the game barely changing I am very happy with my purchase
    Nazred said:

What were the last three/four sub-par dlc again?

Monks and Mystics
    Death or Dishonor
    Together for Victory
    Third Rome
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    Never stop this gimmick boyfights, it's really cute.

But I don't think CA wants to do that, not not even a little bit, not even if for submissive money bait request and all. lol

"expensive low-content dlc"
    gtfo :lol:
    KGpoopy said:

But I don't think CA wants to do that, not not even a little bit, not even if for submissive money bait request and all. lol

Well, cheap high-content dlc would be better... but we are getting nothing at all here.
  • GradenGraden Senior Member Corinth, GreeceRegistered Users Posts: 733
    Yeah I'm also about to buy a dlc for Attila, but I'm not sure which one to pick, Age of Charlemagne or The Last Roman.
  • TheGuardianOfMetal#3661TheGuardianOfMetal#3661 Senior Member GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 14,701
    Graden said:

Yeah I'm also about to buy a dlc for Attila, but I'm not sure which one to pick, Age of Charlemagne or The Last Roman.

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • NazredNazred Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 980
    edited June 2017
  • EmarthEmarth Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 401
    Graden said:

Age of charlemagne is the far superior of the two. You will have to learn how to win with infantry though. Its entierly rebalanced.
  • Blaeys#7037Blaeys#7037 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,389
    edited June 2017
    Graden said:

Go with AoC if you want a more Medieval feel. Go with Last Roman if you want a more Roman Legion feel. Both are pretty good, but I would recommend AoC over Last Roman only because it feels more unique.
    edited June 2017
    KGpoopy said:

Ok then I'll keep giving money to a company who is willing to provide what I want o:) I'm just saying that if CA made similar offerings then it would have been them getting my money instead, whether it was unit packs or extra mechanics or whatever

Instead they got $2 because I kept forgetting to buy the Slavs pack
  • twwatcher#9628twwatcher#9628 Registered Users Posts: 2,727
    Graden said:

Both are good. I have a soft spot for the last roman as I have a 25mm Eastern Roman Army led by no other than Belisarius. Got into that period after reading R.Graves (of I Claudius fame) book on him.

Its got some nice mechanics in that you're a horde but rather than sack/raze you claim settlements for the Emperor. There's a few political dilemmas thrown in with rewards like additional armies paid for by the big cheese (well for a time). Also you can go native and declare UDI. i.e. settle.
  • NazredNazred Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 980
    boyfights said:

KGpoopy said:

Ok then I'll keep giving money to a company who is willing to provide what I want o:) I'm just saying that if CA made similar offerings then it would have been them getting my money instead, whether it was unit packs or extra mechanics or whatever

I have to say I alreaddy bought all of the warhammer dlc to support the franchise. Even beastman dlc eventhough I knew that it was not a good one. That beeing said I do hope tht the loyalty of the fans will be rewarded. I am hoping for an araby dlc
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    boyfights said:

KGpoopy said:

Ok I'll leave you to it then.

Good luck. You should start a foundation dedicated to giving CA money. Or you should buy some shares.
    Tell them to make this game better huh?
    Nazred said:

Xenos7 said:

Nazred said:

What were the last three/four sub-par dlc again?

Monks and Mystics
    Death or Dishonor
    Together for Victory
    Third Rome
    I don't know any of these :neutral:
    You aren't really missing anything.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member ArkansasRegistered Users Posts: 7,166
    Monks and Mystics is a gamebreakingly bad DLC. It causes most characters at the moment to join a secret society that is considered a heresy of your religion, and so upon exposing literally anyone you have a religious war on your hands, or must kill the character outright. This translates to most of your lands being constantly angry at you for heresy (since they have embraced a heresy) and the game is simply broken.
  • whatever_whatever_ Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 411
    dlc for dlc is never going to happen.
    KGpoopy said:

boyfights said:

KGpoopy said:

Ok I'll leave you to it then.

Good luck. You should start a foundation dedicated to giving CA money. Or you should buy some shares.
    Tell them to make this game better huh?
    I already pre-ordered everything that's been available, including wood elves who I hate in the hopes that dlc selling well would mean a faster dlc release rate, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so here is me saying "I will buy literally whatever garbage you make available in order to fund the game"
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    Im still waiting for the 20€ jabberslythe dlc to buy, thats not a joke.
  • AHumpierRogue#5296AHumpierRogue#5296 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,512
    edited June 2017
    Paradox doesn't do DLC for DLC either though, unless I am forgetting something

Besides, they aren't exactly champions of good DLC policies either. CK2 has been the best so far since alot of the DLC has been compartimentalized so if you don't want to play as India for example you can just not buy the India DLC and not feel bad but EU4 DLC has largely been unwanted mechanics for awhile now with a few okay things, not to mention the absolutely disgusting "Content packs". Imagine if you had to pay for the models, music, and banners of the Wood Elves seperately.
    Formerly known as Krunch, in case you wonder where he went.
  • #254403#254403 Registered Users Posts: 2,102
    The DLCs should give new and good content, it matters not if it gives content for the vanilla game, the expansion or another DLC. The only rule a DLC should have is being attractive for the buyer.
  • whatever_whatever_ Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 411

The DLCs should give new and good content, it matters not if it gives content for the vanilla game, the expansion or another DLC. The only rule a DLC should have is being attractive for the buyer.

what matters is does it bring good revenue or not. producing something that only owner of the base game and dlc can buy is pretty stupid when they can make dlc just for a base game and have bigger customer base. no game company will ever do it.

it's a common logic, i don't know why many people here don't understand it and still expect something.