Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dear CA

2»

Comments

• FinishingLast#1402FinishingLast#1402 Registered Users Posts: 4,860
    whatever_ said:

The DLCs should give new and good content, it matters not if it gives content for the vanilla game, the expansion or another DLC. The only rule a DLC should have is being attractive for the buyer.

what matters is does it bring good revenue or not. producing something that only owner of the base game and dlc can buy is pretty stupid when they can make dlc just for a base game and have bigger customer base. no game company will ever do it.

it's a common logic, i don't know why many people here don't understand it and still expect something.
    I don't think LordTorquemado was giving that rule form a business perspective, but from a buyer's perspective. I doubt they were saying CA should make things that aren't profitable. I'm assuming they were saying they want things that are quality. Wanting and getting are two different things. Obviously the happy medium is quality content that is profitable. Some companies are great at that, others not so much. Again, I'm assuming based on their statement.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023
    whatever_ said:

what matters is does it bring good revenue or not. producing something that only owner of the base game and dlc can buy is pretty stupid when they can make dlc just for a base game and have bigger customer base. no game company will ever do it.

it's a common logic, i don't know why many people here don't understand it and still expect something.

Krunch said:

Paradox doesn't do DLC for DLC either though, unless I am forgetting something... ....the absolutely disgusting "Content packs". Imagine if you had to pay for the models, music, and banners of the Wood Elves seperately.

(from steamspy)
    shogun2 owners: 2,910,681 ± 47,911
    rome2 owners: 2,476,083 ± 44,213
    eu4 owners: 1,233,367 ± 31,251
    ck2 owners: 1,419,920 ± 33,524

total war sells twice as many copies, but which games are still getting support ~5 years later? paradox's content packs must sell well enough or they would stop making them, and i would absolutely buy the equivalent for total war too if it meant more expansions to the base game, which is more or less how the paradox model goes: free update for everyone, funded by a paid expansion

$5 for taurox as a reskinned minotaur? done. $8 to unlock an empire province and the appropriate elector count? sold. $12 to add forest goblins to the greenskins roster, even if they're just reskinned regular goblins? all over that. outside of anything pertaining to the handful of factions i don't like i would probably buy every bit of content that was released, and the number of games out there with hundreds of dollars in available dlc leads me to believe i'm not the only one

boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • TheGuardianOfMetal#3661TheGuardianOfMetal#3661 Senior Member GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 14,701
    boyfights said:

whatever_ said:

Krunch said:

Paradox doesn't do DLC for DLC either though, unless I am forgetting something... ....the absolutely disgusting "Content packs". Imagine if you had to pay for the models, music, and banners of the Wood Elves seperately.

(from steamspy)

total war sells twice as many copies, but which games are still getting support ~5 years later? paradox's content packs must sell well enough or they would stop making them, and i would absolutely buy the equivalent for total war too if it meant more expansions to the base game, which is more or less how the paradox model goes: free update for everyone, funded by a paid expansion

$5 for taurox as a reskinned minotaur? done. $8 to unlock an empire province and the appropriate elector count? sold. $12 to add forest goblins to the greenskins roster, even if they're just reskinned regular goblins? all over that. outside of anything pertaining to the handful of factions i don't like i would probably buy every bit of content that was released, and the number of games out there with hundreds of dollars in available dlc leads me to believe i'm not the only one

Enter massive downvotes and peoplecomplaining about the DLC policy
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,864
    People downvote anyway. **** the raging basement dweller plebs and give us content.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    There goes the angry internet warriors to air their grievances with arrogant insults again....

Didn't take too long.

If want to **** about other people and talk business, you can do so in a different sub forum.

The OP simply wants to buy anything regardless of quality so CA can presumably make more of said content. Talk about the merits of that instead of your pettiness.
    the op wants to buy small cosmetic and optional dlc in order to fund larger substantial dlc and continued development and support and patches, actually
    or we could keep going 6+ months between additional content, that's been pretty cool too i guess
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    boyfights said:

the op wants to buy small cosmetic and optional dlc in order to fund larger substantial dlc and continued development and support and patches, actually

boyfights said:

In conclusion please give up on no dlc for dlc and make a bunch of expensive low-content dlc and I'll buy it all up, tia your friend boyfights

boyfights said:

KGpoopy said:

boyfights said:

KGpoopy said:

Never stop this gimmick boyfights, it's really cute.

But I don't think CA wants to do that, not not even a little bit, not even if for submissive money bait request and all. lol

"expensive low-content dlc"
    gtfo :lol:

Ok then I'll keep giving money to a company who is willing to provide what I want o:) I'm just saying that if CA made similar offerings then it would have been them getting my money instead, whether it was unit packs or extra mechanics or whatever

Instead they got $2 because I kept forgetting to buy the Slavs pack
    Ok I'll leave you to it then.

Good luck. You should start a foundation dedicated to giving CA money. Or you should buy some shares.
    Tell them to make this game better huh?
    so here is me saying "I will buy literally whatever garbage you make available in order to fund the game"
    ....the OP also can't make up his mind on his message other than being a contrarian. The OP poster was also frequently an advocate for less content in quite of few threads detailing what they want added to the game. But the OP puts an odd emphasis on CA getting more money and not any details on what he would actually like them to do other than blank statements like more content. And now it's changed again, just because I put his bullying CA fanboy friends in their place.

*steps out of bad twilight zone*
  • whatever_whatever_ Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 411
    boyfights said:

whatever_ said:

Krunch said:

(from steamspy)

would you rather produce a product that can be sold to 100 people or 20 people?

that's why dlc for dlc is never going to happen. i have no idea why you quoted me beacuse nothing you said is referring to my post.

and not even paradox releases dlc for dlc. and they make pretty niche games and their fans know that they have to support every **** they release if they want to see more.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member ArkansasRegistered Users Posts: 7,166
    Too bad their biggest game Stellaris is getting shat upon by the fans.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,787
    Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.