Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

DLCs for Warhammer 2?

MrDarth0MrDarth0 Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 229
As the title says, what do you think will be the DLCs we'll receive for TWW2? And the schedule in which we'll get them?

In my opinion, the DLC schedule for Game 2 will be similar to the schedule of Game 1, so in addition to the 4 main races and the pre-order race, which I believe will be Norsca, we'll get Tomb Kings as the big one, probably including a mini-campaign as well, where the story will be revolving around the rise/return of Nagash.

Another big one, also with a mini-campaign, will be either the Southern Realms (Estalia/Tilea) or Araby. While the other one, which doesn't get a DLC, will be the FLC race that will be finished, when the New World Edition is released, similar to Bretonnia and the OWE.

Personally, I think the DLC will be Estalia/Tilea with a mini-campaign based on some expedition into Lustria, while the FLC will be a completed Araby, while in the original release, we'll only get a partial unfinished Araby.

Plus there will be the obligatory New Lords/Units DLCs, so one for DE vs HE and one for Lizards vs those weird looking Beastmen that sort of look like giant rats.

Comments

• PhilBowlesPhilBowles Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,237
    The second campaign pack will presumably be Ogre Kingdoms. Tomb Kings will no doubt have a campaign, but I doubt it will be based around a major story event such as Nagash - especially as that would require them to create a Nagash model and associated faction.

Having run out of races they may not have a free race pack, but may update the Regiments of Renown system with Dogs of War available to multiple factions when in the right provinces, akin to the past couple of games' mercenaries.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    edited June 2017
    I suspect the most we can hope for as another DLC race will be TEB. Otherwise we won't have enough races for the next game if Tomb Kings are taken for it but there is the Bretonnia example you mentioned. I've been hoping for that same thing too since you can't just have a blank area where the TK are on the combined campaign.
  • DodanodoDodanodo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 353
    1st major DLC is indeed Tomb Kings all the way. They are next on the schedule and work great as a bridge between Game 1 and 2.

I don't think a Estalia/Tilea or Araby campaign pack is very likely. While fans of the lore might love them to a degree, there is very little interesting there for the casual fans and doesn´t really market well. I could see a race pack for them, but not early and not a big one.

A Campaign DLC like `War of the Beard´ would sell way better I´m sure. Now that High Elves are coming, that becomes much more likely.

As for after TK, your assessments on the Lord packs are also likely correct. Definitely a Serpent God related DLC coming.

After that, I have no idea. Maybe an Army painter, although seems more likely after game three is out. Kislev, Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms also make more sense for game 1 or 3.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,631
    Tomb Kings as a DLC destroys my hopes for "Khalida vs Neferata".

Picture my little face dropping if/when that happens. Could you live with yourself?
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,897
    Dodanodo said:

1st major DLC is indeed Tomb Kings all the way. They are next on the schedule and work great as a bridge between Game 1 and 2.

I don't think a Estalia/Tilea or Araby campaign pack is very likely. While fans of the lore might love them to a degree, there is very little interesting there for the casual fans and doesn´t really market well. I could see a race pack for them, but not early and not a big one.

A Campaign DLC like `War of the Beard´ would sell way better I´m sure. Now that High Elves are coming, that becomes much more likely.

As for after TK, your assessments on the Lord packs are also likely correct. Definitely a Serpent God related DLC coming.

After that, I have no idea. Maybe an Army painter, although seems more likely after game three is out. Kislev, Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms also make more sense for game 1 or 3.

Game 3 is definitely going to be Daemons of Chaos atleast. If Game 3 goes for less races right off the bat(More chaos fleshing out, Kislev and Ogre Kingdoms), that would be the best time to do an army painter feature I think.
  • EarlybirdEarlybird Registered Users Posts: 865
    The skink and the skank : Tenhenhauin vs Nurglitch
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Earlybird said:

The skink and the skank : Tenhenhauin vs Nurglitch

I think you're confusing skank for stink or stank. If we were talking some sort of slaaneshi lord though...
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,189
    There will be the following according to my Crystal ball.

2 race vs race packs

Tomb kings as the big dlc paid

Less sure about this:
    TEB as a big race pack all 3

Hoping but not counting on this:
    Araby as the free race.
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,189
    edited June 2017
    Dodanodo said:

Actually you are mistaken, they are far more interesting to casual fans. I would know because I am one.

As a Total War fan who bought Warhammer because it was a fantasy total war game, not because I painted plastic, I can assure having more human factions would be great.

Give me Pike and shot, give me legions, give me the seculid Empire mixed in and I'll be happy.
  • AJH1987AJH1987 Registered Users Posts: 206
    Obvious ones might be:

Naggaryth - Mass Dark Elf invasion - A DE LL (Maybe Lokhir Fellheart?) and Alith Anar battle it out. Mini Campaign.

Naggaroth - High elf invasion of Naggaroth led by Eltharion. A DE LL commands the defence.

I can't see a war of the beard, it's set in another era. A HE - Dwarf campaign could be interesting though.

I'm sure race DLC will be Tomb Kings. I don't know who the heck they're fighting really. Questing Brets?

Vampire Coast.

Tilea / Dogs of war as one faction.

I'd love Chaos Dwarves, but it looks like they're destined for game 3, which might be;

Middenland, Kislev, CD, Daemon of Chaos, Ogres. I reckon anyway.
  • rad13rad13 Member Registered Users Posts: 631
    I think the order / sequence wiki be close to game 1. That means

2 x sub-faction packs quite early. Unexpected they'll split up the elves, so HE and Skaven, DE and Aztec lizards

Then a big race pack, probably tomb kings

If Araby are in game 2 as an npc race from the start, then they or BTE will be the FLC. If araby isnt in the game from the start then the FLC will be BTE

Stretch target of the minor factions e.g. Vampire coast, but if we're lucky it'll only be 1-2 max (like Von Carstein faction)
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,251
    Maybe the big FLC will be Tomb Kings... But I doubt it, more likely lyke wood elves dlc
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,986
    edited June 2017
    1. Tomb Kings Race Pack or Campaign DLC strongly hinted

2. Lords Pack DLC with 2 New LL, 2 New Lords, 5-6 New Units, several RoR units

3. Another Lords Pack DLC - as above

4. Probably another Race Pack DLC
    #JusticeForTzeentch #NoMoreRecoloredModels #NoMoreCopyPastedUnits

• MrDarth0MrDarth0 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 229
    I like the idea of story driven mini-campaigns set in different eras of Warhammer, like the War of the Beard, that people already mentioned.

Do you think there would be an interest for these kind of DLCs that don't add new races to the main campaign, but instead give you a mini-campaign with greatly reworked already existing races?

So in the War of the Beard you would have a Dwarf and HE factions, but with different LLs, different technology trees, new buildings, some different skins, maybe even some new units. If I'm not mistaken, during that war, Dwarfs didn't invent gunpowder or gyrocopters yet, so they would have to compensate in other areas.

Some other possible mini-campaigns set in different eras could be "The Rise of Sigmar", where you have Sigmar as the LL and you're trying to unite the various barbarian tribes and create the Empire; mini-campaign about the creation of Bretonnia; campaign about the rise of Nagash; campaign with Magnus the Re... eh, Pious. You get the idea.

Similar to DLC campaigns set in different eras we got for Shogun 2 and Attila.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    TK Campaign Pack

2, maybe 3 Lords packs.

The Grim and the Green (Eltharion the Grim vs Grom the Paunch)

Prophet of Sotek pack (Prophet vs Nurglich and clan pestilens.)

Hellebron vs Allariel (Brings witch elf and everqueen units with it?)

Possible TEB revamp?

Possible Vampire Coast playble? (Luthor Harkon?)

Possible Neferata LL for Lahmian VC faction? (Neferata vs Khalinda?)

• NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,897
    Talmorean said:

TK Campaign Pack

2, maybe 3 Lords packs.

The Grim and the Green (Eltharion the Grim vs Grom the Paunch)

Prophet of Sotek pack (Prophet vs Nurglich and clan pestilens.)

Hellebron vs Allariel (Brings witch elf and everqueen units with it?)

Possible TEB revamp?

Possible Vampire Coast playble? (Luthor Harkon?)

Possible Neferata LL for Lahmian VC faction? (Neferata vs Khalinda?)

I'd like to see Grom the Paunch... the idea of trolling Ulthuan as a fat Goblin on a chariot works so well. Thing is, since they named a dlc "Grim and the Grave" in Game 1, doesn't it sound too familiar? I imagine they'd name it something else to avoid that.

I expect we will see Skrolk over Nurglitch. Well, we might see pestilens featured as one of the first Legendary Lords, since they are based in the Southlands after their retreat from Lustria. Skaven announcement will be veeeeery interesting.
  • LangolierLangolier Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 374
    Nemox said:

Skaven announcement will be veeeeery interesting.

Indeed we have basically been guessing everything about the rats. what factions? what LL? what areas they start...and so on...

My guess is the same what many others have guessed, Pestilence will be a lords pack against the prophet skink...but they might aswell start in the Southlands from day 1, who knows?

Will be interesting to see indeed
    "Furthermore i believe that Carthage must be destroyed" - Cato the Elder
    "Furthermore I also believe that Chaos Dwarfs should have really big hats" - Langolier the middle aged
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,102
    edited June 2017
    If tomb kings becames a dlc, I hope to see Neferata as a free legendary lord for the owners of the first game. I do not think we will get any of the first game race heroes or units as paid dlc in the second game. (Most likely they will be free alongside other paid content.)

The second race we might get might be the ogres.

If the third game in the trilogy is going to be about all things chaos, chaos dwarfs will most likely come as a dlc for the last game as well as Kislev being the pre-order bonus for the 3rd game.

As for the free race I think we will get dogs of war other than that I think we will get an additional LL hero and unit packs for the 4 main races of the game.

All of these I am going from their dlcs release from the first game and data mine, so take it with grain of salt.
    Post edited by LolTHELol on
    Nemox said:

I'd like to see Grom the Paunch... the idea of trolling Ulthuan as a fat Goblin on a chariot works so well. Thing is, since they named a dlc "Grim and the Grave" in Game 1, doesn't it sound too familiar? I imagine they'd name it something else to avoid that.

That's EXACTLY why it should be named that.

• TheHolyPilgrimTheHolyPilgrim Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 453
    Eh, more like The Haughty and the Naughty

Tomb Kings will no doubt have a campaign, but I doubt it will be based around a major story event such as Nagash - especially as that would require them to create a Nagash model and associated faction.

If "The Old World" campaign is the Chaos Invasion, and "The New World" the Vortex, I wouldn't rule out "The Grand Campaign" being something like Nagash returning.
    The combined map isn't coming out straight away, no saying it won't come out with the Tomb Kings and Old Bony himself.

Admittedly it's unlikely, but I don't think it's impossible.,
    Arsenic said:

Tomb Kings will no doubt have a campaign, but I doubt it will be based around a major story event such as Nagash - especially as that would require them to create a Nagash model and associated faction.

If "The Old World" campaign is the Chaos Invasion, and "The New World" the Vortex, I wouldn't rule out "The Grand Campaign" being something like Nagash returning.
    The combined map isn't coming out straight away, no saying it won't come out with the Tomb Kings and Old Bony himself.

I think he means like The Season of Revelation Mini Campaign for the WE. Or the Beastmen Mini Campaign etc...
    Talmorean said:

Arsenic said:

I think he means like The Season of Revelation Mini Campaign for the WE. Or the Beastmen Mini Campaign etc...
    Ah, gotcha.

• Horus168Horus168 Registered Users Posts: 578
    Since the beastmen disappointment CA have been putting a lot of effort into race/campaign packs, which seem to take them quite a few months to do.

So i reckon they'll drop 2-3 small dlcs between race/campaign packs.
    So there may be lots of Lord v lord packs, like the grim and the grave. They should be easy to make, and seemed well received.
    So i guess a tomb kings race pack a month after release when dlc is hottest.
    3 lord packs (like others the grom and the grim is the one I'm most looking forward to).

By then the mega campaign should be well established, so they did start dropping united dlc, maybe chaos dwarves, followed by 3 more lord packs, then maybe ok, then maybe time for some more lord packs maybe revIsiting old world factions, leading up to game 3.

All based on jo evidence at all.....
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,919
    Personally I really hope they will be really nice and drop a Game 1 owners only Neferata FLC with Neferata starting in Lahmia alongside the TK's.
  • goremandgoremand Registered Users Posts: 146
    Remember, CA will never release a lord pack unless they can turn the title into a stupid pun.
    Krunch said:

Personally I really hope they will be really nice and drop a Game 1 owners only Neferata FLC with Neferata starting in Lahmia alongside the TK's.

Well she'd start at the Silver Pinnacle which is already on the map (Mountain just east of Mount Squighorn).
  • Ituriel32Ituriel32 Registered Users Posts: 159
    I would like Neferata (Lahmia) and Lord Harkon (vampiric coast) and Red Duke.

TK

Skaven in the old world (2 legendary lords) one in K8P and the other in Skavenblight.

TEB.

Ungrim starting in Karak Kadrin. But it's on a combined map, though in the old world I would also like it.

As for the other big races HE, DE, Lizards, I'm not too interested in them, so I'll be happy with everything.
    Rome2 - where there are walls in smaller settlements?
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    I'm hoping for minor factions like tilea & estali9a, araby, amazons, etc. TK is a given.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,707
    My Prediction:

Excluding FLC ofc (like combined map)

DlC 1: Tomb Kings as a campaign pack featuring a setthra vs nagash mini-campaign
    DLC 2 & 3 Lord Packs for the vanilla races
    Afterwards:

Araby /Southern Realms

In between I would actually expect something like Campaign/Scenario Packs that do not introduce a new race or something, but instead a special campaign scenario.

My bet would be at something like "Shadows over Albion".

If those scenario-packs are well received I would guess they make a few more of them.

Maybe including scenario's like: The Sundering, War of the Beard, Magnus the Pius, Grand Crusade vs Araby (including Bretonnia, Southern Realms and Empire)

I would not count for the Demons of Chaos so much...