Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

DLCs for Warhammer 2?

2»

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,792
    edited July 2017
    Talmorean said:

Prophet of Sotek pack (Prophet vs Nurglich and clan pestilens.)

Hellebron vs Allariel (Brings witch elf and everqueen units with it?)

>We might get Alariel/Hellebron together with Archmage/Supreme Sorceress as generic Lords...

*I hope CA would not convert Archmage to female variant again since the three lords are female....

>If we get Skrolk and Clan Pestilens on release, no more Sotek pack dlc...

*I hope CA give way to other Skaven Clans...
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,398
    I hope we get an Albion Campaign pack. That'd be rad as F-
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • RichardNRoundRichardNRound Registered Users Posts: 910
    jamreal18 said:

Talmorean said:

Prophet of Sotek pack (Prophet vs Nurglich and clan pestilens.)

Hellebron vs Allariel (Brings witch elf and everqueen units with it?)

>We might get Alariel/Hellebron together with Archmage/Supreme Sorceress as generic Lords...

*I hope CA would not convert Archmage to female variant again since the three lords are female....

>If we get Skrolk and Clan Pestilens on release, no more Sotek pack dlc...

*I hope CA give way to other Skaven Clans...
    To be honest I would feel a bit cheated if they filled a unit space with wizard lords. I don't think it would be too hard to add them in and if we don't get then there are other more unique units I would rather have in a dlc.
  • AlchimistAlchimist Registered Users Posts: 276
    edited July 2017
    New Races -
    • Tomb Kings with both Settra the Imperishable and Arkhan the Black as legendary lords, no need to touch on their army list people more competent than me already did.
    • Araby has a very thin army list and no notable characters, but since Creative Assembly has more freedom on not developed tabletop armies it’s reasonable to believe they’ll make an appearance, the faction as potential, besides Tomb Kings need to have more early enemies than Greenskins, and maybe the Skaven and Lizardmen of the Southlands.
    • Dogs of War, in other words a new army list for Estalia, Tilea, and eventually Border Princes, with Lucrezzia Belladonna starting in Tilea and Fernado Pirazzo starting in the New World.
    Legendary Lords Rivalry -
    • Alarielle the Radiant (High Elves) vs Crone Hellebron (Dark Elves), bringing new units such as the Sisters of Avelorn and the Lothern Skycutter (High Elves), and the Sisters of Slaughter and the Bloodwrack Medusae (Dark Elves).
    • Alith Anar (High Elves) vs Malus Darkblade (Dark Elves), bringing new units such as the Shadow Warriors (High Elves), and the Doomfire Warlocks and the Kharibdyss (Dark Elves).
    • Eltharion the Grim (High Elves) vs Grom the Paunch (Greenskins), bringing new units such the White Lion Chariot (High Elves), and the Snotling Pump Wagons (Greenskins).
    • Tehenhauin (Lizardmen) vs Lord Skrolk (Skaven), bringing new units such as the Troglodon and the Razordon (Lizardmen), and the Screaming Bell and the Plague Censer-Bearers (Skaven).

As the Skaven army list is not out at the moment this is just speculation, but those units are I think the most unlikely to appear at release, and even if Lord Skrolk will likely be one of the two legendary lords present at release, it’s the only notable Clan Pestilens character with a tabletop model, and it makes more sense to have a confrontation between Tehenhauin vs a Clan Pestilens legendary lord.

• Khalida (Tomb Kings) vs Neferata (Vampire Counts), bringing new units such as the Casket of Souls and the Hierotitan (Tomb Kings), and the Spirits Host and the Coven Throne (Vampire Counts).

Once again this is speculation as the Tomb Kings are not announced for Warhammer 2, but I think those units are unlikely to make the original cut, it’s also worth noting that the Tomb Kings being a speculated race pack Khalida should be free for the Tomb Kings owners, and Neferata free for Warhammer 1 owners.
  • Aman3712Aman3712 Registered Users Posts: 640
    Alchimist said:

New Races -

• Tomb Kings with both Settra the Imperishable and Arkhan the Black as legendary lords, no need to touch on their army list people more competent than me already did.
    • Araby has a very thin army list and no notable characters, but since Creative Assembly has more freedom on not developed tabletop armies it’s reasonable to believe they’ll make an appearance, the faction as potential, besides Tomb Kings need to have more early enemies than Greenskins, and maybe the Skaven and Lizardmen of the Southlands.
    • Dogs of War, in other words a new army list for Estalia, Tilea, and eventually Border Princes, with Lucrezzia Belladonna starting in Tilea and Fernado Pirazzo starting in the New World.
    • Alarielle the Radiant (High Elves) vs Crone Hellebron (Dark Elves), bringing new units such as the Sisters of Avelorn and the Lothern Skycutter (High Elves), and the Sisters of Slaughter and the Bloodwrack Medusae (Dark Elves).
    • Alith Anar (High Elves) vs Malus Darkblade (Dark Elves), bringing new units such as the Shadow Warriors (High Elves), and the Doomfire Warlocks and the Kharibdyss (Dark Elves).
    • Eltharion the Grim (High Elves) vs Grom the Paunch (Greenskins), bringing new units such the White Lion Chariot (High Elves), and the Snotling Pump Wagons (Greenskins).
    • Tehenhauin (Lizardmen) vs Lord Skrolk (Skaven), bringing new units such as the Troglodon and the Razordon (Lizardmen), and the Screaming Bell and the Plague Censer-Bearers (Skaven).

As the Skaven army list is not out at the moment this is just speculation, but those units are I think the most unlikely to appear at release, and even if Lord Skrolk will likely be one of the two legendary lords present at release, it’s the only notable Clan Pestilens character with a tabletop model, and it makes more sense to have a confrontation between Tehenhauin vs a Clan Pestilens legendary lord.

• Khalida (Tomb Kings) vs Neferata (Vampire Counts), bringing new units such as the Casket of Souls and the Hierotitan (Tomb Kings), and the Spirits Host and the Coven Throne (Vampire Counts).

Once again this is speculation as the Tomb Kings are not announced for Warhammer 2, but I think those units are unlikely to make the original cut, it’s also worth noting that the Tomb Kings being a speculated race pack Khalida should be free for the Tomb Kings owners, and Neferata free for Warhammer 1 owners.
    Looking at where the second game is taking place, I can honestly see this. Tomb Kings are the most obvious faction that'll be made into the first DLC race, due to them being a major race. Araby is the second most-likely to become a race pack, while I can see Southern Realms being made into Free-LC races. I hope that we can see an expanded Zombie Pirates faction, but that's unlikely.
  • RichardNRoundRichardNRound Registered Users Posts: 910
    Alchimist said:

New Races -

This looks good of but I think there would be an issue for the the grim o and the paunch style DLC unless they specifically stated you had to own game one and game 2 for the dlc to work.

When it comes to khalida I hope they will change the no dlc for dlc policy as I too think Arkhan would be a better starting lord. If not then we may get her as FLC.

Another point you raised is that I hope we get multiple unit dlc, as we can see that even with one each, there are still missing units for the game 1 races.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,032
    edited July 2017
    Keep in mind that it may go slightly different than game 1, but Tomb Kings and lord packs are a given for sure. I still can't see TEB along the other high-fantasy races of game 2, though. It doesn't fit the line-up of this game. They also don't have much freedom when it comes to monsters and the like, while Norsca and Araby have this freedom.

And don't bring up the Dogs of War, their lore is outdated and even has Chaos Warriors (the warriors of Urslo) fighting for them. Plus the fact that those regiments of renown are limited to one unit. The way they're portrayed in the old armybook doesn't fit the current set-up for the Warhammer World, the eighth edition.

Next week, when the first playable minor faction for the pre-order will be revealed, might give an indication how the minors will be handled.
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 2,058
    I dont think vampire coast might be playable tbh... I think it will get the same treatment as Moussillon with the Red Duke a unique lord and maybe some flair attached to it (pirate zombie units) or Toddbringer. Ogre Kingdoms is a game 3 faction I suspect. Tomb Kings will be first out thats almost a given I suspect especially since I dont think they have the ogre kingdom territory fully within the games of 1 or 2. Game 3 will likely hold Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Deamons of Chaos and maybe an improvement on chaos factions plus some more.

I do think araby and the likes will be in game 2 just non playable and probably with a dislike for bretoonia within the mega campaign (not perhaps in the game 2 campaign unless bretoonian colonies/cities are featured around the place).

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,964
    CnConrad said:

Dodanodo said:

I don't think a Estalia/Tilea or Araby campaign pack is very likely. While fans of the lore might love them to a degree, there is very little interesting there for the casual fans and doesn´t really market well. I could see a race pack for them, but not early and not a big one.

A Campaign DLC like `War of the Beard´ would sell way better I´m sure. Now that High Elves are coming, that becomes much more likely.

Actually you are mistaken, they are far more interesting to casual fans. I would know because I am one.

As a Total War fan who bought Warhammer because it was a fantasy total war game, not because I painted plastic, I can assure having more human factions would be great.

Give me Pike and shot, give me legions, give me the seculid Empire mixed in and I'll be happy.
    This is a very valid point. Fans of the lore want to see them because they're part of the lore, and having them as clones of the Empire (or Bretonnia) doesn't feel right.

On the other side of the equation, people who've come into Total War Warhammer more because it's fantasy Total War than because it has the Warhammer brand have no reason to value races that had official army books over those that don't. All they're going to care about is that the factions are interesting to play, not which factions Games Workshop chose to support and which they didn't. For these people, fantasy Arabs or Russians or Chinese may well be more interesting than mutated dwarfs with a slave fetish or the prospect of an entire game based around what is effectively one faction with a lot of infighting.

The people who hold that only those races which had official army books are worthy of inclusion are therefore somewhat squeezed in the middle. The people who are heavily invested in the lore are eager to see if CA can implement some of those factions that they've read about but which Games Workshop never brought into the core tabletop game. While people who never played the tabletop game in the first place... why should they even care if something was officially introduced to the tabletop or not? If it's part of the world, it's fair game!
  • DartonusDartonus Registered Users Posts: 30

The second campaign pack will presumably be Ogre Kingdoms. Tomb Kings will no doubt have a campaign, but I doubt it will be based around a major story event such as Nagash - especially as that would require them to create a Nagash model and associated faction.

Having run out of races they may not have a free race pack, but may update the Regiments of Renown system with Dogs of War available to multiple factions when in the right provinces, akin to the past couple of games' mercenaries.

Due to Nagash's origins in Khemri, the Tomb Kings have had several run-ins with Nagash. I agree that there's no chance of Nagash's initial rise to power (as this occured prior to the Tomb Kings becoming undead and there's basically no chance they'll make new models and such for this specific event), and likewise nearly no chance of Nagash's End Times return (due to the need to make a new faction), I can see the Tomb Kings getting a campaign of Nagash's first return, when he attempted to subjugate the Tomb Kings only to be met with a unified Nehekhara led by Settra the Imperishable, who proceeded to trounce Nagash so thoroughly Nagash had to flee north into what would become the Empire.
    This would require a model for Arkhan as Nagash's right-hand man, and one for Nagash as well, but it would be the much saner old Nagash model rather than the giant whatever he was in End Times. Or hell, a new model by CA even, to get a middle ground between excessive over-the-top giant Nagash and the rather doofy-looking old model. Regardless, this would make Arkhan/Nagash a possible reward for winning the campaign, in the vein of Todbringer and the Red Duke.

Aside from that, I think the main other likely campaign for Tomb Kings would be the Crusades of the Dead, when Bretonnia launched several centuries of retaliatory Crusades into Nehekhara in vengeance for the assassination of the beloved Duke Cheldric at the hands of Prince Apophas.

I feel that Khalida is the more likely secondary LL, as Arkhan has a more antagonistic role to the TKs, and Khalida's eternal hatred towards the Vampire Counts would imo make for a more interesting campaign goal for her playable faction. Arkhan strikes me more as a Todbringer-type character, nonplayable but with a unique model/skills, usable in custom battles or if you can get him to confederate.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,964
    On further consideration of CnConrad's post, in fact, the more I think on it, the more I think that the players who've never played the tabletop are possibly the best argument for why Araby in particular should get its own treatment.

Consider a player who has no knowledge of Warhammer lore apart from what CA has said, who's come in from other Total War games.

For these people, there may be no inconsistency with Kislev and TEB using Empire lists. They can probably tell from the names that they're fantasy Eastern Europeans, Spanish, and Italians, but they don't know that, for instance, Tilean armies are usually based around pikemen while Kislev has horsebowmen. Consider that the original Medieval Total War had most European nations using largely the same lists with a few nation-specific units such as English longbowmen mixed in - to them, it wouldn't come as much surprise for the Empire's neighbours to be using much the same tactics and equipment. It would probably, in fact, be more of a surprise to someone unfamiliar with Warhammer lore that the Bretonnian military is so different. How, exactly, does a nation that clings to an early medieval style of warfare survive among neighbours with guns?

Araby, however, is a different kettle of fish. People who've played Medieval Total War games, or who just happen to know some military history of the period, will know that the nations of the Middle East and North Africa used quite different tactics and equipment to the Europeans. Accordingly, for them it would be quite jarring to come across 'Araby' and find that it's simply a clone of one of the Old World human nations - more so than one Old World human nation having the same military lineup as another.

And since they never played the tabletop, it's not going to be of importance to them that Araby never had an official army book in the main game.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,792
    edited July 2017
    We might get Alith Anar & Malus Darkblade as dlc...

Alith Anar - Shadow Warriors
    Malus Darkblade - Doomfire Warlocks

-----------------

Alarielle & Hellebron might be hold as prize to MWNL event next year....

-----------------

For Skaven & Lizardmen; if Skrolk/Clan Pestilens would be featured at release, which Clan will be featured on dlc then & who will be his rival in Lizardmen?
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 6,471
    Personally, I think that Tomb Kings will be the first dlc faction. That seems like almost a certainty with their position on the map and them being a full 8th edition army.

After that I think Araby and Vampire Coast will likely be race packs without a bonus campaign due to them being directly in the new map and having some sort of army in the past.

Idk why people don't think the Zombie Pirates have a chance as a full faction. They have 2 legendary lords in Harkon and Drekla. They already have 2 hero units with Fleet Captain and Syreens and they have 10 different units (though one was an undead rat swarm so that is out) and the unique cannon Queen Bess. That is more fleshed out than Araby. Not a certainty at all but I don't think they should be counted out.
  • bobthe4thbobthe4th Registered Users Posts: 20

Personally, I think that Tomb Kings will be the first dlc faction. That seems like almost a certainty with their position on the map and them being a full 8th edition army.

After that I think Araby and Vampire Coast will likely be race packs without a bonus campaign due to them being directly in the new map and having some sort of army in the past.

Idk why people don't think the Zombie Pirates have a chance as a full faction. They have 2 legendary lords in Harkon and Drekla. They already have 2 hero units with Fleet Captain and Syreens and they have 10 different units (though one was an undead rat swarm so that is out) and the unique cannon Queen Bess. That is more fleshed out than Araby. Not a certainty at all but I don't think they should be counted out.

It'd be quite difficult to create an interesting campaign for a Harkon faction with only auto resolve for naval battles. We might have to rely on a faction unlocker mod to play as them.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,032
    By the way, do you guys expect some information today? Or tomorrow? Before we get to see the gameplay?
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,351
    edited July 2017

This looks good of but I think there would be an issue for the the grim o and the paunch style DLC unless they specifically stated you had to own game one and game 2 for the dlc to work.

When it comes to khalida I hope they will change the no dlc for dlc policy as I too think Arkhan would be a better starting lord. If not then we may get her as FLC.

Another point you raised is that I hope we get multiple unit dlc, as we can see that even with one each, there are still missing units for the game 1 races.

Khalida doesn't need to be FLC if it's Neferata who holds the DLC. There would be plenty of narrative to tell besides on this one, especially the birth of the vampires.

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,251

Honestly i found more Vampire Coast as a sub faction. You can recruit unique units and heroes if you are in lustria with an undead faction like savage orc for the green-skins but instead for undead faction. And with Harkon you can recruit this units everywhere like the warzaag.
  • SaltydoggSaltydogg Registered Users Posts: 1
    I would assume Tomb Kings is a definite.

Personally I am holding out for a Tilea race pack. I find the Old World setting a stuffy Sigmar/Chaos snooze fest.

I'm holding out for a Tilea pack. In Medieval total war 2 you could build guilds in your settlements such as an Explorers Guild. Once built you would be given missions to land troops on some foreign soil and establish a foothold there for the guild. This option tended to happen after sailing to the middle east to fight in a crusade so it really captured my imagination.

I think Tilea could take that idea and expand it further. Expeditions into Lustria and Araby? Maybe even to the Norscan peninsula. Quests give powerful artifacts found in tombs and temples. I would love a Tilea campaign all about civil war and competing to establish lucrative trade routes using essentially conquistadors and mercenaries. Plus pirates should become a more serious presence. Not the chaos northmen kind. The Black Sails kind.